i heard you part two

I'll walk Besides you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I open my eyes. I’m in the clean, sterile environment of a hospital room. It’s dark except for a sidelight, and all is quiet. My head and my chest ache, but more than that, my bladder is bursting. I test my limbs. My right arm smarts, and I notice the IV attached to it on the inside of my elbow. I shut my eyes quickly. Turning my head—I’m pleased that it responds to my will—I open my eyes again.

Joonki is asleep, sitting beside me and leaning on my bed with his head on his folded arms. I reach out, grateful once more that my body responds, and run my fingers through his soft hair.                                                                                          

He startles awake, raising his head so suddenly my hand falls weakly back on to the bed.                                
“Hi,” I croak.                                                                                                                                       
“Hey ” His voice is choked and relieved. He grasps my hand, squeezing it tightly and holding it up against his rough, stubbled cheek.
“I need to use the bathroom,” I whisper.

He gapes then frowns at me for a moment then says “Okay.”      I struggle to sit up.

 “hyekyo, stay still. I’ll call a nurse.” joonki quickly stands, alarmed, and reaches for a buzzer on the bedside.

“Please,” I whisper. Why do I ache everywhere? “I need to get up.” Jeez, I feel so weak.. “I really need to pee,” I rasp. My throat and mouth are so dry.

A nurse bustles into the room. and says “Ms song Hyekyo welcome back. I’ll let Dr. lee know you’re awake.” She makes her way to my bedside. “ Do you know where you are?”

“Yes. Hospital. I need to pee.” i said

“You have a catheter.” the nurse says

What? Oh this is gross. I glance anxiously at Joonki then back to the nurse. “Please. I want to get up.”.i say again

“Let me remove your catheter. Song Joonki-shi I am sure the patient would like some privacy.” The nurse  looks pointedly at Joonki, dismissing him.

“ill wait outside,”joonki says, and he leans down and kisses my forehead before turning on his heel and leaving the room.

Joonki bursts back into the room two minutes later as the Nurse is helping me out of bed. I’m dressed in a thin hospital gown. I don’t remember being stripped.

“Let me take her,” Joonki  says and strides toward us as he moves the IV stand out of his way.  He ignores the nurse, leans down, and gently lifts me off the bed. I wrap my arms around his neck, my body complaining. Jeez, I ache everywhere. He carries me to the en suite bathroom while Nurse kim follows us, pushing the IV stand.

“hyekyo-ah you’re too light,” Joonki mutters disapprovingly as he sets me gently on my feet. I sway. My legs feel like Jell-O. Joonki flips the light switch, and I’m momentarily blinded by the fluorescent lamp that pings and flickers to life.

“Sit before you fall,” Joonki says still holding me. Tentatively, I sit down on the toilet.

“Go.” I try to wave him out.

“No. Just pee,hyekyo.” Joonki says

Could this be any more embarrassing? “I can’t, not with you here.” i say

“You might fall.” Joonki says

“the last time remember you were my fiance not my husband !” i said he looks at me dumbfounded "yes i remember so can please turn around i really need to pee" i say looking him in the eye

"if you remember that you do this too because i said it was my wish to see you " Joonki winked at me

“ And your are still a byeontae, joonki Please turn around,” I beg.

He raises his hands in defeat. “I’ll stand outside, door open.” Joonki  takes a couple of paces back until he’s standing just outside the door with the angry nurse kim glaring at him.

“Turn around, please,” I ask. Why do I feel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter