ChungMi- Baby

Chungha One-Shot Requests

Pairing: ChungMi

Genre: FLUFFF

 

"Chungha unn-" Somi stopped before she could even finish her sentence.

 

went agape when she saw Yoojung clinging to her Chungha unnie with the latter's hand patting her head. Doyeon was there too, with an arm around Chungha's shoulders.

 

"Yah!" Somi pouted. She then proceeded to them and grabbed a hold of Chungha's free arm. 

 

"What's wrong with my babies?" Chungha cooed like she was talking to kids.

 

Somi had eye contact with Yoojung and she glared at her. Yoojung got surprised but she glared back. 

 

Sejeong who was looking at the scene smiled, "Aww. Our maknaes love their Chungha unnie so much." 

 

"It's not actually a good thing." Chungha sighed. She then held Yoojung's face and placed a kiss on her forehead. After that she turned to Doyeon and tiptoed to kiss her forehead too.

 

Somi who was watching, anticipated to be next in recieving a kiss. Chungha faced her and smiled. Just when she was about to hold Somi's face, Nayoung's voice resonated in the dorm. 

 

"Chungha? Can you help me with something?" Nayoung shouted from her room. 

 

Chungha nodded as she removed her hand on Somi's face and went to Nayoung. 

 

Somi's mouth went agape. She really thought that her favorite unnie would kiss her too. "Why did she get to kiss the two of you and not me?!"

 

She sulked as she sat down the sofa with Doyeon and Yoojung laughing at her antics. 

 

Everyone in the dorm thought it was the usual clingy Somi. Everyone knew Somi adores her Chungha unnie. She started looking up to the girl ever since Chungha choreographed their Bang Bang performance in Produce 101. 

 

That simple admiration, quickly turned into something called love. 

 

It wasn't a secret though. Somi literally told everyone that she's inlove with Chungha. But they would just nod and say that they know. 

 

And this has Somi frustrated. She even told Chungha directly how inlove she was for her, but Chungha would just smile and hug her, saying she loves her little baby too. 

 

For the others, they think Somi just loves Chungha in an idolization kind of way. (If that was even a word). And Chungha would treat Somi as her precious baby. 

 

It was fine if Somi was Chungha's baby. She likes that title. But the problem is that she isn't the only baby Chungha has. 

 

Yoojung was her baby too. Doyeon was her ideal type. Heck it wasn't just DoDaeng. Everyone was a threath. Nayoung is her same aged friend, Sejeong is a flirt and Chungha's being subjected to her flirting more often than others, Chaeyeon is a little more discreet, but Somi believes that Chaeyeon secretly likes her unnie too. I mean, who doesn't? Then there's Jieqiong who's also a flirt. Of course there's Sohye and Mina, the other babies of Chungha, and Yeonjung who once said that she'd date Chungha if she was a man. 

 

It wasn't just IOI. Somi notes how DIA's Heehyun and Chungha are childhood friends. Or even Twice's Momo since they were dancing friends. Aside from women, there are also men to worry about.

 

The list goes on and on that it took two thick journals to write the names of everyone she considered as a threat. 

 

Yes, Somi considered them competition. And yes, Somi has studied Chungha's history more than her actual studies. She noted everyone who even has a connection to her unnie. And she writes every moment she has with Chungha on a diary. 

 

Somi has devoted everything for her Chungha unnie to pay attention to her. Sadly though, she's never noticed.

 

---

It was fine when they first debuted. Chungha paid her attention and Somi couldn't ask for anything more. 

 

But then Chungha started hanging out with Yoojung and Doyeon. And the attention that was once hers was taken away. 

 

Somi found herself struggling everyday just for her unnie to notice her. 

 

She then made three steps to make Chungha pay attention to her.

 

The first one being with dancing. Somi figured that if she doesn't get the steps right, then Chungha would make special effort to teach her. 

 

"It's definitely a fool proof plan." She smirked.

 

It turned out to be a fool plan, without the proof part.

 

They were practicing for Whatta Man, and Somi internally cheered as it was Chungha who choreographed the dance. So there would be no other person there to teach her but just Chungha. 

 

First off, Chungha showed them the whole dance routine. She played the song and danced to it. The other members shouted and teased Chungha while dancing, and then there's Somi who was shouting the loudest, screaming how she loves Chungha or whatever. You know, the usual. 

 

So after showing the dance, she then proceeded to teach everyone their parts. Somi took this as an opportunity and acted as if she couldn't do the dance steps. And it was pretty stupid though, since 1) everyone knows Somi is one of the members who learns the fastest 2) even Sohye is getting the dance before her, which is why others completely thought something was wrong with the maknae

 

"You can't get it?" Chungha asked in surprise. The dancer prepared herself to give extra lessons to Sohye and not Somi. And this has her extremely shocked. 

 

"Was it hard? Should I modify it?" Chungha turned around to ask the others. 

 

Somi flinched. The dance steps weren't hard, but Chungha assumed it was since their ace, Somi can't get it right. She thought that if Somi couldn't get it, it was really hard for others to do it too.

 

"It's fine though. Even Sohye gets it." Nayoung said. She then made eye contact with Somi. The maknae gulped, feeling scared of Nayoung at that moment so she looked away. 

 

Nayoung frowned, "Somi's the problem. I think she's not feeling well. She's acting weird." 

 

"How weird?" Chungha asked.

 

"Well she's really stiff today. And tense, yeah. You know how she's always pumped up when practicing. But now she's spaced out. Looks like she's thinking of something. Whatever that is, it's the one thing that is keeping her from focusing." 

 

"Hey! You two are talking as if I'm not here. I'm perfectly fine. I'll focus now." Somi pouted. 

 

'So much for that plan' 

 

"No you're not." Chungha walked over to her and placed a palm on her neck, "You're hot. Are you sick?"

 

'Well I'm hot because my crush just suddenly walked over to me and held my neck'

 

"I'm fine unnie." Somi tried to smile but it was really hard since Chungha was so close to her. 

 

"What is that face? You look constipated." Doyeon laughed, noticing how tense Somi's smile was. 

 

"Yah!" Somi turned even redder. 

 

"Well someone needs to take care of our maknae. She looks really sick today." Jieqiong said. 

 

"I'll do it." Chungha smiled. She was about to drag Somi with her but Sohye suddenly called them. 

 

"If you're leaving then who'll teach us the dance?" 

 

'Damn it Sohye Unnie, this was my chance to be alone with Chungha Unnie'

 

"Oh right. Well I guess I can't be with you tonight baby." Chungha tiptoed and hugged the maknae. Somi turned stiff at the hug and tried her all not to shout and scream of happiness. 

 

"Don't worry. Manager-nim will take you home." Chungha then let go as she smiled, "Rest well." 

 

So Somi had a temporary day off even though she wasn't really sick.

 

Somi had been sulking all night, murmuring how nothing went well with her oh-so-fool proof plan.

 

But she didn't know, that in a way she hasn't expected, she got Chungha's attention. 

 

The whole time Chungha was teaching the choreo, her mind would wander off to their maknae.

 

"I hope she's doing fine." She worriedly sighed.

 

It wasn't exactly a fool plan, because hey mission accomplished. Chungha couldn't get her mind off of the maknae, thinking about her welfare and safety, those kind of things.

 

---

 

Step 2: Always cheer and support her unnie.

 

Somi had a confident smile this time. The step two included to always be there for her unnie, cheering her and supporting her, and making the older feel that she needs a Somi in her life.

 

"What could go wrong? It's just me supporting her. This is easy." Somi snickered.

 

Oh boy she was wrong.

 

You see, the next day, Somi found Chungha in the kitchen with Chaeyeon, cooking breakfast for the others. She put on a smile on her face, making sure to spread good vibes and cheer her Chungha up. She got her chearleader mentality ready and approached the two.

 

"What are you cooking?!" She beamed, her voice overflowing with energy that it hurts.

 

"Ouch! Somi~" Chaeyeon whined at her. She then playfully nudged Somi's arm. 

 

This got Chungha's attention as she laughed. 

 

"Why are you so happy today?" She asked while slicing some ingredients.

 

"Because I want to support you." 

 

"Support her to cook breakfast? I think Chungha can cook a delicious meal without a cheering squad." Chaeyeon said.

 

Somi faced her and pouted, then she walked closer to Chungha.

 

When she got closer, her eyes widened. She panicked when she saw Chungha's face that has tears on it.

 

"Unnie! Why are you crying? Is it because you're touched by me?! Oh my god, this is revolutional, Chungha unnie did THAT. I'm like TT." Somi shouted as she jumped up and down.

 

"Som-"

 

"Aww don't worry unnie. I'll always be there for you, cheering you on and supporting you." Somi took Chungha's face and wiped her tears away.

 

"Somi really-"

 

"Really unnie! That's a promise."  

 

"No Somi-" 

 

"What no? Of course I'm going to support you. Unnie I will alwa-"

 

"SOMI!" 

 

"What?"

 

"I was slicing onions."

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"..."

 

"Oh I knew that." Somi forced a smile.

 

"Sure you did." Chaeyeon nodded.

 

So it wasn't an embarrassing type of failure. It's more like a dissapointment type of failure. And who knows which hurts more.

 

 

---

 

The third one was actually the riskiest. But Somi figured she has nothing to lose. 

 

Like, literally nothing. 

 

Besides, it's not like Chungha would hate her over something as petty as walking to her bed when she's sleeping and cuddle with her without her knowing.

 

Somi has decided that she would do it tonight. The sneaking into their dorm and sleeping beside Chungha plan. 

 

She patiently waited for it to be late already, she even suffered the dreadful time of acting asleep when Nayoung checked their rooms for someone who hasn't gone to bed yet. (They still do that, they have curfews)

 

No one noticed that she was just acting, so because of that Somi thought she deserved some kind of Grammy or Oscars, those american awards that I know nothing about.

 

She acted asleep, and it did include  hearing conversations about her. It involves the usual things you wouldn't hear someone tell you but they tell others about it. Yeah, it was a thing called backstabbing or being a snake or the likes. 

 

Somi could hear her roommates having a conversation about her, but she kept her eyes shut and acted asleep. 

 

"Do you guys notice how Somi always asks for Chungha unnie's attention and she always clings to her." Sejeong said.

 

"Well isn't that just because she's inlove with unnie." Yeonjung reasoned. 

 

"You mean, actually inlove?" Sohye gasped. 

 

"She's been telling us ever since you idiots. I don't know why nobody even believes her. Even Chungha unnie thinks that Somi just loves her in an admiration kind of way. Not actually, that love." Jieqiong pouted.

 

"Aww. So Somi actually likes Chungha unnie. Interesting." Sohye scratched her non existent beard.

 

So it wasn't really considered backstabbing since no one talked bad about her, but Somi still considers it one because they were talking behind her back. 

 

Now enough with that event and let's go to the night of Somi's plan. 

 

When everyone on her room was already asleep, Somi took this opportunity to go to her favorite unnie's room. 

 

She turned the doorknob slowly and focused on closing the door quietly. Once she saw herself inside, she quickly made her way to her Chungha unnie's bed.

 

But before she could even take one step towards the bed, she felt herself being strangled by someone. Somi yelped but the stranger placed a hand on to keep herself from making noise.

 

"What are you doing?" Mina whispered. 

 

"Oh, it's you." Somi took a deep breath and calmed her nervous heart. 

 

"Why are you sneaking in our room?" Mina asked. 

 

"Chungha unnie." Somi simply answered. Mina's mouth formed an 'o' and she just nodded. 

 

"Well goodluck with that." She said before going back to her upper bunk. 

 

Somi sighed, she then looked at Nayoung who was sleeping on the other side. After that she looked at her Chungha unnie and smiled. She made her way on her bed and carefully tugged herself beside her Chungha unnie. 

 

Chungha groaned and turned but she didn't wake up.

 

Somi internally screamed as her mission was a success. She snuggled closer to Chungha and wrapped one arm around the girl. 

 

Before she could even sleep though, a loud shout was heard from outside the room. 

 

"Jeon Somi's missing! Our maknae is missing!" A voice, that sounded very much like Yeonjung resonated from outside the room. 

 

Nayoung grumbled and scrambled to get up. She didn't notice Somi on Chungha's bed since the lights were closed. 

 

"What's going on?" Somi heard Nayoung groan. 

 

She sighed because her Chungha unnie hasn't woke up yet. Chungha is a heavy sleeper after all. 

 

"Somi's missing?" Nayoung said. 

 

Somi got alert and carefully removed herself from Chungha's warmth. She stealthily made her way outside the room so Nayoung wouldn't notice her. She hears Mina laughing at her but she ignored it. 

 

It was when she was outside the room when Nayoung caught sight of her. 

 

"Yah Somi! Where have you been? Did you sneak out again?" Sejeong reprimanded her. 

 

"Oh. I...I just wanted to get some fresh air unnie. So I just went out for a bit." Somi smiled. 

 

"But you shouldn't make us worry. Atleast tell us where you're going. From now on you're grounded. You can't go outside unless it's on our schedule. Got it?" Nayoung stared at her. 

 

"But unnie-"

 

"No butts, Somi." Sejeong seriously said. 

 

"Don't you mean 'buts'?" Jieqiong commented.

 

"I know what I said Kyulkyung-ah." Sejeong flashed her million dollar grin.

 

Somi just sighed. Another failed attempt. And she even got herself grounded. 

 

"Maybe I should just give up."

 

---

 

Giving up was not a term on Somi's dictionary. Unfortunately.

 

"Senpai, please notice me!" Somi said as she took a copy of their album and asked Chungha to sign for her. 

 

Chungha laughed, "You're so cute Somi-yang!" She pinched Somi's cheeks which caused the latter to blush.

 

"I love you unnie." Somi smiled geekily. 

 

"I love you too my baby." Chungha said before she was taken away by DoDaeng again. 

 

"Unnie, buy me chocolate." Yoojung did aegyo. 

 

"Sure." 

 

"Me too unnie!" Somi shouted but the music started flaring and Chungha didn't hear. 

 

Somi pouted again. That counts as the thirthy fifth time Chungha didn't pay much attention to her.

 

She looked at the unsigned album in her hands. 

 

"Unnieee." Somi whined.

 

Jieqiong who was near her looked at her weirdly, "What?"

 

"Chungha unnie ignored me again!" Somi sulked.

 

"You had a conversation with her! What do you mean she ignored you?" Jieqiong sighed.

 

"I don't know! But I felt ignored." 

 

Jieqiong laughed again. She patted Somi's head and whispered, "I know how you can get her to notice you."

 

---

 

"Are you sure about this unnie?" Somi asked worriedly. 

 

"Of course. I've got Nayoung unnie to make jealous and you to get Chungha unnie jealous. It's hitting to birds with one stone." Jieqiong grinned. 

 

"Well what exactly do we do?" Somi wearily asked. 

 

"Simple. Just let me sit on your lap and act lovey dovey with me. It's simple actually. The two will eventually notice." Jieqiong said before pulling Somi to sit down and then sat on her lap. 

 

"Wow unnie. You're heavy." Somi commented.

 

"Shut up maknae." Jieqiong laughed, she then noticed Nayoung looking at them. She leveled up their game and wrapped her arm on Somi's neck. 

 

"Is she looking?" Jieqiong moved closer to Somi and whispered. 

 

Somi looked at Nayoung, who certainly was looking. 

 

"She looks like she'll kill me anytime soon." Somi whispered back. She sighed, not really thinking that getting their leader jealous is a good idea. 

 

And besides, Somi had too many experiences of Chungha ignoring her to even hope that Chungha would get jealous. 

 

After she buried her face on Jieqiong's neck, she looked up and was shocked to make eye contact with Chungha. 

 

The two didn't pull away from the eyecontact. Chungha then started trailing her eyes on Jieqiong who was still sitting on her lap. Then to her arms that are wrapped around Jieqiong's waist. 

 

Somi hoped for something. For Chungha to get jealous, but then Chungha just flashed her a smile and after that went back to doing what she was doing earlier. 

 

Somi felt sincerely hurt. Sure she got Chungha's attention, but the dancer didn't seem fazed about her and Jieqiong. Like it was no big deal to her if Somi had another favorite unnie. 

 

Somi had enough of it all. She's tired of asking Chungha to notice her when all she'll ever be is her baby that she'll never look at romantically.

 

Somi had, for real this time, given up.

 

---

After that event, Nayoung had talked to Jieqiong and they're a couple now. Jieqiong asked Somi what Chungha did but Somi replied dejectedly that nothing happened.

 

Jieqiong then said that she'll help Somi to get Chungha to notice her but the maknae declined, saying that she doesn't care anymore.

 

The past few days had past by normally, but Chungha had noticed how Somi didn't approach her as frequent as before. She also noticed how the maknae had been quite gloomy lately. She wasn't the usual loud beagle. 

 

Chungha then grew worried. She eventually went to Somi to talk to her.  

 

"Is something bothering you?" Chungha held Somi's hand when they were left alone in the room.

 

"Nothing unnie. You wouldn't understand." Somi said. She had a bitterness in her voice that Chungha had not failed to notice. 

 

"Hey. I thought I was your favorite unnie. You can tell me everything." Chungha pressed on.

 

"I've been telling you everything unnie! I have literally done everything just to tell you. Just for the message to reach you. I don't know if you're just dense or you act as if you don't know. But it hurts unnie. And the least you could do is to stop being so oblivious to everything." Somi said with tears in her eyes. Before Chungha could even reply, Somi had ran out of the room.

 

And that left Chungha thinking, "Was I her problem?"

 

---

 

"You're really oblivious unnie." Jieqiong told her when she approached the other girl. 

 

"What? Why?" Chungha's eyebrows knitted.

 

"You've been complaining about how Somi is acting weird when the reason's pretty obvious. Seriously unnie you have to pay attention to your surroundings more." Jieqiong sighed. 

 

"Well I do know that I'm the reason. She was really frustrated when I asked her about it. I just don't know what I did wrong. I've been paying attention to her, I've done everything to show her that I love her but she treats me like I'm just her favorite unnie. Nothing more." Chungha pouted. 

 

Jieqiong stopped what she was doing and faced Chungha with a gaping mouth, "What?"

 

"What, what?" Chungha raised her eyebrow. 

 

"What did you say? The last part." Jieqiong snooped closer. 

 

"That I love her?" Chungha tried. 

 

"Yeah that! What love do you mean?" Jieqiong questioned, Chungha looked at her confusedly but answered. 

 

"Well I love her because she's my baby and she's so young. She's not with her parents so I take it as a responsibility to take care of her." Chungha answered. 

 

"Just that?" 

 

"And I also want to always see her happy, I want to be the reason of her smiles. I don't want to see her crying because it hurts my heart to see her like that. I also get jealous whenever she's with her other unnies but I try not to let it get to me. Somi's important to me, and I'd do everything for her." Chungha smiled as she said those words. 

 

"What about your other babies? Like Yoojung and Doyeon?" 

 

"I also want to care and treat for them because they're so young and youthful. But it's just so different with Somi. With Somi, I want to hug her and cuddle with her and shower her with kisses and even..." Chungha off after she realized what she was about to say. 

 

Jieqiong smirked as Chungha's cheeks were covered with a deep shade of red. 

 

"Well that's love." 

 

---

 

Chungha felt very worried. The other members were out for individual activities and it was supposed to be Somi and her left in the dorm.

 

Well supposed. 

 

Because the maknae was nowhere to be found. Chungha called the others to ask if they know Somi's whereabouts but they answered no. 

 

Her anxiousness built up and she was fretting around their living room now. She tried to call Somi but the other line won't answer. 

 

"Why am I panicking so much." Chungha said as she looked at her shaking hands. 

 

"Somi's alright. She knows how to take care of herself." She said as she tried to reassure her worrying mind.

 

"I can't live with this. I can't live not knowing where Somi is. What she's doing. If she's even fine." 

 

The dancer groaned as she layed down the sofa. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Heck, she's hyperventilating just because the person she loves is missing.

 

Chungha in fact, really liked Somi. She thought of the maknae more than a baby. She wanted to be in a relationship with her baby.

 

But Chungha thought that Somi just looked at her in idolization and as a big sister. Nothing more nothing less.

 

"You're really oblivious unnie." 

 

Jieqiong's words resonated in her mind.

 

Chungha ubruptly stood up as her eyes widened in realization.

 

She suddenly understood why Somi had been so frustrated with her. 

 

"We've been misunderstanding things."  

 

Chungha said before running outside to look for the maknae.

 

---

 

Somi was eating alone at Mcdonalds, mainly because the others were so busy and Chungha's the only one who's available. And after their final conversation, Somi couldn't bring herself to approach the older girl any longer. 

 

"I was hungry too. Why didn't you invite me?" 

 

Somi looked up to the voice. She then saw Chungha who was giving her that warm and kind smile again.  The maknae looked down immidiately when she doesn't know what to say. 

 

"I know now." 

 

Somi's eyes perked up when she heard that. 

 

"I also understand." Chungha said.

 

"I can't blame you for being frustrated with me. I was too infatuated with my own thinking that I never realized your side." Chungha started as she sat down across Somi who was looking down on the coke like she had found something interesting about it.

 

"I thought that you just liked me as your unnie. Someone you idolize. Someone you look up to. Like a mother or older sister kind of view. That's what I thought. And probably what others thought too. I guess it was more than that." Chungha sighed as she felt frustrated about everything, "I'm sorry for not noticing. I may have hurt you countless of times already. I'm sorry for being stupid and for not thinking about your words more. The truth is I was denying it to myself. Because I didn't want to give myself false hope that you like me more than an unnie. That's why whenever you said that you like me I would just smile and appreciate it. Because I thought that your like was only upto that. I didn't realize that it was true for you. I'm sorry for being insensitive and oblivious." 

 

Chungha looked at Somi who was still looking down. Her heart beated nerviously as she waited for Somi's response. 

 

"So all this time?" Somi slowly looked at her unnie. Disbelief and confusion written in her face. 

 

"All this time I loved you more than a baby. I love you and I want to be with you in a romantic way. All this time our feelings were mutuals." Chungha hesitated, "Are we still mutuals?"

 

Somi choked back a sob. She hastily stood up and ran to hug her unnie on the other side of the table. 

 

"Of course we are!  I've waited for this moment for a long time already." Somi sobbed into Chungha's shoulder and the older just let out a sigh of relief as she felt her own tears build up. 

 

"I love you unnie." 

 

And this time Chungha understood.  She got the message Somi tried to convey, and she built her answer. 

 

"I love you too baby." 

 

It wasn't just an I love you to a baby. It was to her baby, Jeon Somi. 

 

---

 

Wow surprisingly I'm alive after all these months ahahaha. I'll try to write the rest of the requests if I have time because I have lots of ongoing fics right no. Who's an idiot for not continuing her stories? Me! Ahahahaha well I hope you liked it.