NaChung- Always There

Chungha One-Shot Requests

Pairing: NaChung

Genre: FLUFF



"Nayoung unnie! Doyeon is bullying me!" Somi cried as she ran to their leader's side who was just peacefully reading a book. 

"I wasn't!" Doyeon came running in after, "I just told her how young she was for this industry."

Nayoung sighed as she put down her book, "You're like a year older than her. What are you talking about." 

"Right?! She talks as if she's so much older than me!" Somi complained as she clinged to their leader while she stuck her tongue out at Doyeon. 

"Yah! How dare you speak informally to me! I'm still your unnie." Doyeon glared. Nayoung who was in the middle of this (like literally in the middle of the two) was getting tired. The two were bickering and shouting and Nayoung did all that she can to be calm. 
"The food's ready." A voice came from the kitchen. 

Nayoung's expressionless face turned into a smile. Her growing anger quickly turned into nothing as she heard the sweet voice of her girlfriend. 

"Yay food!" Sohye shouted from no where and rushed to the kitchen, followed by the other members of the IOI Unit. Doyeon and Somi postponed their bickering as they both ran to the kitchen to eat. 

Nayoung sighed, "Finally, peace." She closed her eyes and leaned back into the sofa. 

"Not for long though. After eating, the kids would make a mess again." Chungha said as she sat down beside Nayoung and placed her head on the older's shoulder.

"It's these kind of peaceful moments that should be treasured." Nayoung faced Chungha and placed a light kiss on the main dancer's forehead.

"Do you two want to starve?" Jieqiong said when she passed the two of them to go to the kitchen. 

"Jieqiong unnie! I told you not to disturb my parents when they're having a moment." Somi pouted. 

"Right right. Sorry. You guys better hurry up though. Yoojung and Sohye are eating everything." Jieqiong cheekily smiled. 

Chungha then looked at Nayoung and stood up, pulling the older girl with her, "Come on. I made your favorite." 

Nayoung just smiled as she let herself be dragged to the kitchen. Yeah, it was these kind of days that truly deserves to be treasured.
---
Sure Chungha's dance is bomb. Chungha is the Dancing Queen and everyone dies whenever she dances. And the way her expression changes or the way she turns into a whole new different person has Nayoung shook.

Nayoung would always get mesmerized by this. Like how can her sweet and lovable girlfriend turn into this y and haughty human being? 

Nayoung could always maintain her facial expressions. That's why she earned the nickname of Stone Nayoung. But why was it so hard to control her expression whenever Chungha dances.

They were filming for Weekly Idol and Chungha was asked to dance. She already knew that her girlfriend will slay so there was no need worrying about her. The only person she has to worry about is herself. Because whenever Chungha dances, she loses herself.

The first song that played was Rihanna's Work. Damn, her girl will slay this. 

Chungha then started dancing and Nayoung didn't even bother trying to hide her excitement. She was feeling something unexplainable as she felt herself falling for the girl again.

However that feeling was slowly forgotten when she realized how the others were cheering for Chungha too. Some were screaming, some even whistled at Chungha's iness. She also noticed how the staff's eyes were trailing her girlfriend's body from the chest to the bottom.

Her excitement quickly faded. She wanted to pull her girlfriend away from their stares. As much as she wanted to claim Chungha as hers, they were still filming. And professionalism was a thing now. Especially since she lives the controversial life of an idol. She can't risk speaking up so she just sits quietly and tries not to think how the other people was ing on her girlfriend. 

Soon enough, after the recording Nayoung quickly dragged Chungha away from the set. 

"Nayoungie?" Chungha held Nayoung's hand that was on her wrist. She looked at Nayoung questionably but the girl remained expressionless as she dragged her girlfriend to their van. 

"Nayoung-ah." Chungha pulled her to stop. The other members passed by them and Somi was about to ask what happened but Jieqiong shut her up and led the group to the car. 

When it was only Nayoung and Chungha left, Nayoung took this opportunity to crash her lips against the girl. 
Chungha smiled into the kiss as she kissed back while wrapping her arms around the taller girl's neck. 

"The others were looking at you with weird eyes." Nayoung pouted after their kiss.

"Well aren't you adorable when you're mad." Chungha as she pecked her girlfriend's lips again. 

"They were looking at your and shouting how y you were! How can I not get mad about that?" Nayoung continued to pout.

"And I thought you were a stone." Chungha laughed, "Stones should feel no emotions. You shouldn't be sulking."

Nayoung playfully glared at her, "I'm not Stone Nayoung when I'm with you." 

"You have nothing to worry about Nayoungie. Those others could only look at me. You could do more than looking at me. So, so much more." There was a twinkle in Chungha's eyes as she winked at Nayoung.

Nayoung could feel a blush creep into her cheeks but ignored it as she held the shorter girl's hand. 

"I'll show you just how much more I can do to you." Nayoung whispered hotly into Chungha's ear as they made their way into the van.

The morning after, the two had overslept because of exhaustion. And it wasn't because of performing.

---
Chungha and Nayoung had left the dorm to get grocery for the younger kids. The two quickly became the parents of the other IOI members after their unit promotions.

"Shouldn't we get this?" Chungha said as she held up a pack of gummy worms.

"We don't need that." Nayoung said firmly. 

"But Somi asked me to buy one for her. You know how that kid throws tantrums when she isn't given her jellies." Chungha reasoned, which Nayoung sighed at. She eventually bought the pack for their maknae because; 1) Somi does throw tantrums and it's a pain to deal with and 2) she couldn't resist Chungha.

After paying for their things, the two found out that it was too much for them to carry. 
"Remind me again why we bought so much?" Chungha tiredly said as she looked at the countless bags in front of her.

"Well you insisted to buy what the others wanted even if it wasn't necessary." Nayoung answered as she picked up most of the bags, leaving only two bags left for Chungha to carry.

Chungha looked at her girlfriend worriedly, "We can just call the kids to go help." 

"Nah. I can do this. Let's go." Nayoung said as she started walking towards the exit. 

"You look like you're struggling though." Chungha said when she noticed Nayoung's serious expression. 

"I'm not." 

"At least give me more to carry so you it won't be too hard on you. I can carry more than two you know." Chungha tried to grab a few bags from Nayoung but Nayoung pulled them away and walked faster.

"You can sure be stubborn at times." Chungha said when she caught up to her.

"I'm not." Nayoung answered. 

The following day, Nayoung couldn't even leave the bed because she said her back hurts. 

"What even happened for your back to strain like that?" Yoojung asked as she handed a hot pack to their leader. 

"She was being stubborn." Chungha said while combing her hair. She then looked at Nayoung who was lying flat on her bed.
The two had eye contact until Nayoung looked away. Chungha smiled triumphantly. She then went to the kitchen to make breakfast for the others. Along with Nayoung's favorite food. 
---
"You look so cute wearing Nayoung unnie's sweater." Sohye told her as she sat down on the sofa with the others. 

Chungha blushed hearing Sohye's words. Nayoung, who was sitting across from them just smiled when she heard it.
The two shared eye contact once again and this time no one looked away. 

"Alright stop undressing each other with your eyes." Sejeong interrupted them after a while. Sejeong and Mina were at their dorm for a visit, explaining why they're there.

"It was a very innocent exchange of looks." Chungha looked at Sejeong weirdly. 

"I can't stand you two. You keep on giving each other those looks across the room when you can always take it to the bedroom. There are underage kids here you know.." Sejeong sighed. 

"You're like that with the other Nayoung unnie in the Gugudan dorm, don't talk as if you don't do that." Mina teased. 

Sejeong turned beat red. She stopped teasing Chungha and Nayoung and just proceeded to annoy Somi. 

Chungha and Nayoung looked at each other again after Sejeong's interruption. This time, it wasn't that innocent exchange of looks that Chungha mentioned.
---
Time has passed and the unit promotions are ending. They are currently unto their last schedule which is filming Star Show 360.

The episode was supposed to be a fun one but it ended up being dramatic because of the tears shed by the members.

One video shown included an interview of Nayoung's mother. 

"I miss her a lot." 

That was what triggered the tears from falling, especially from Nayoung. The leader bit her lip to prevent crying, it was embarrassing enough to cry, and even more since this was going to be aired. 

But the moment she heard her mom's voice, nothing else mattered. She missed her so much too.

Chungha was a few seats away from the girl but she wanted to provide comfort. It hurt her seeing her girlfriend cry. As much as she wanted to go over Nayoung's side and kiss her tears away, she couldn't because they were recording it. Chungha's tears also fell, partly feeling touched by the message, and partly because her Nayoung, who was usually so strong and confident, was sobbing and couldn't even mutter a few words without her voice shaking. 

After the video, a letter came next from Nayoung's dad. The leader couldn't even hold it without trembling, much less read it.

It was after the cries when the recording ended. They were all equally quiet, not yet moving on from the messages sent to them. 
Chungha took this opportunity to walk over to Nayoung's place, who hasn't left her place since earlier.

"You may be expressionless but this is the first time I see you not moving." Chungha said as she sat down beside the girl.

"I don't know what to feel." Nayoung's voice was nasal after crying so much.

"I just realized how selfish I was. I left my parents there to go pursue my dreams, without realizing how I would pain them if I left. I was suffering so much because of the trainee life when I didn't realize that my parents were suffering too. Was I wrong? Should I have not left their side? Chungha I saw how they looked while saying they missed me. I left them just because of something that only I want. I was being selfish." And Nayoung broke down again. Chungha looked at her worriedly before hugging her.

"You weren't selfish." she caressed Nayoung's hair, "I think they would have gotten angry at you if you didn't pursue it. They realized your potential. They want you to do something that makes you happy because they love you. They know you can do it. They trust you. And you haven't broken their trust. Why? Because you debuted. You debuted and our group is one of the biggest out there. It isn't being selfish. It's taking a risk where you're parents are betting on you. And they're proud of you. Proud of everything that you have earned."

Nayoung nodded, feeling happy that Chungha made her feel better. 

"Don't leave my side. I may do stupid things but I hope you'll always be there for me." Nayoung pleaded. 

"I'm not going anywhere." Chungha answered. 

Sure enough, that was proven a few days later.
---
The group promotions had just started for the whole IOI. They were currently practicing at JYP's practice room for their comeback. 
Nayoung was feeling sick at that time. Her head hurt and she felt like she needed more sleep. While the others were practicing, she excused herself to the comfort room to rest for a bit. 

She didn't want the others to see her and worry about her. She wanted to keep the fact that she was sick so that their comeback wouldn't be postponed for the sake of their fans.

Nayoung's legs gave out the moment she entered the comfort room. She whimpered as she massaged her head that was hurting so much. The leader closed her eyes, trying to at least rest for a bit even though the comfort room wasn't exactly the best environment for it. 

It wasn't even a few minutes later when Nayoung heard the door beside her open. Before she could even look up at the person, a soft pair of lips had pecked her forehead. 

"Chungha..." Nayoung weakly said. "How did you-"

"You thought I wouldn't notice? Nayoungie, I'm your girlfriend. I notice everything about you." Chungha hugged the other girl and whispered soothing words to her. 

"My head hurts." Nayoung grunted into Chungha's neck. 

Chungha sighed. She kissed the girl's forehead again and stayed there until Nayoung had fallen asleep. 
She then went to call the manager and tell him that Nayoung was sick so she could be sent to rest at the dorm. 

Chungha had become a nurse at that day.
---
It took all of Chungha's self control not to rush to Nayoung's side and wipe her tears away. They were currently filming Knowing Brothers and Sejeong had decided to pull a hidden camera prank on their leader. 

Well technically it consisted of the other members voicing out their complaints about Nayoung and making her cry.
Chungha was against the idea at first. She knew how her girlfriend was always so sensitive when it comes to her leadership. Nayoung would be so sure of everything, so confident. But whenever her leadership is mentioned, she crumbles down and turns fragile. 

Chungha tried to tell Sejeong not to do the prank, but the Knowing Brothers staff had already accepted the idea to add more variety into the broadcast. 

Yoojung was currently telling Nayoung about the things she didn't like about the leader. All of these were lies though, but to Nayoung it had felt real.

"You're like a robot. After our schedules, you would eat, wash then go to sleep. There's nothing new to you." Yoojung said. Chungha was looking worriedly at the interaction because she can see that Nayoung was speechless.

Chungha wanted to lighten up the tense atmosphere so she acted easy going, telling the girls to calm down. Yeonjung, Jieqiong and Doyeon all said their complaints to Nayoung.

The leader couldn't even speak. She felt so hurt that her members were saying those things to her. She thought she had done well being their leader, but it turns out she hasn't. And this was being recorded too, with the Knowing Brothers and staff watching. She could have accepted it if they were to talk to her personally in their dorm, but they were just blurting out how incompetent Nayoung was in front of national television. 

To say that Nayoung was hurt is an understatement. She felt like crying but she knows she shouldn't because it was her fault for not being a good leader. 

What Jieqiong said was the last straw. She was with the girl since trainee days in Pledis. She couldn't believe that even Jieqiong felt that way about her. 

Nayoung's eyes scanned the room. She met eyes with Chungha, who was looking at her worriedly. Nayoung felt tears in her eyes so she looked away, ashamed of Chungha seeing her cry again.

Then Yoojung came in and said that it was all a prank. 

It hasn't registered yet to her but when her members came crushing her in a hug, that's when her tears came out. 

"Without you, we won't be here. We love you. I love you." Chungha whispered into her ear. Nayoung cried harder. 
Chungha then looked at the mastermind who was Sejeong and playfully punched her arm. 

"I told you she'd be hurt." 

"Yeah, and I'm starting to feel guilty."
---
It was right after the recording when Chungha noticed how spaced out Nayoung is. Sure Nayoung spaces out a lot, but this time it's more serious. 

They were riding the van back to the dorm when she decided to ask Nayoung what was bothering her. Chungha held her girlfriend's hand and turned to ask. But barely opened before she closed it again.

Chungha was about to ask what the problem was but Nayoung was already sleeping. Chungha sighed, she then placed Nayoung's head on her shoulder. 

When she looked at her girlfriend's face, she noticed that her cheeks were wet. Chungha went to caress it as she looked at Nayoung full of worry. 

"Why were you crying?" She whispered.

"Why do you keep everything to yourself? I'm here for you. The others are here for you. I wish you realize that."

---

After that event, Nayoung had grown distant. Sejeong blamed herself, thinking it was because of the prank, but Nayoung had already told her that it wasn't because of that.

The IOI members were moving towards their end. Their final concert was just a week away. Their days in the dorm were filled with mixed laughter and cries as their last day together grew nearer. 

Needless to say, the members had grown closer with each other because their time to part was growing. Chungha on the other hand, had grown farther away from her girlfriend. Everyone had grown away from Nayoung. 

Nayoung was usually spending her time in Pledis's building, in moments where the whole group is together, Nayoung would be there but she's spaced out. 

Chungha couldn't keep her worry so she confronted her during one of their practices. 

"Can we talk?" She whispered, not wanting the others to hear. 

"We're practicing. Can it wait?" Nayoung answered without looking at her. 
Chungha bit her lip. She's hurt that their relationship isn't what it used to be anymore.

"Nayoung I've waited for so long already. I've waited for months now. I wanted you to feel that you could trust me and tell me what's bothering you, but that never happened. You're keeping everything to yourself again. Can't you realize that I'm here for you? That the others are here for you?" Chungha glared at her, "Isn't it about time you tell me what's wrong?" 

Nayoung sighed, she then looked at Chungha, "Don't misunderstand. It isn't about us or our relationship. I still love you like how I used to. And it's not a very big problem either."

"If it isn't about us then what? What's the problem? What are you facing all by yourself? You know you could always tell me." Chungha pleaded. 

Nayoung took a shaky breath as she held Chungha's hand. She led her outside their practice room, hoping that none of the members notice. Nayoung dragged her to the rooftop and once they arrived, she removed her hand from Chungha's.

Chungha didn't take this though. She reached out for Nayoung's hand again. Nayoung turned around to look at her, obviously shocked. 

"I won't let you slip away again."

Nayoung then pulled Chungha towards her then crushed her in a hug. 

Chungha almost teared up at Nayoung's warmness. It had been a long time since they hugged. Heck it had been a long time since the two were even left alone together.

Chungha snuggled closer to Nayoung as she wrapped her arms around the older girl.

"What's wrong?" Chungha started while hugging Nayoung. 

"I can't do this anymore." Nayoung's tears started to fall so she buried her face into Chungha's shoulders. 

"We're disbanding. We're moving away from our dorm. I can't be with you always like before. I can't be with any of you again like this. We're ending. IOI is ending." Nayoung mumbled. 

"We all feel that too." Chungha whispered as she ran her hand on Nayoung's hair.

"But I'm the leader. I want to keep all of us together and I have never felt so powerless. It's like we're just patiently waiting for our end. We can't do anything to prevent it. I want to keep all of us together, but I can't. I've grown so attached to everyone that it hurts just thinking about disbanding. I don't want to cry like this. I don't want to be hurt again. I'm making distance because I thought that I'll be making it easier for me when we separate." Nayoung sobbed.

"There's no point in making space between us. Look, you've been distancing from us for a month now but you're still crying about us. That isn't effective. I've tried that too. It actually hurts more. Because when our end comes, all you'll be feeling is regret. Regret because you didn't spend your last day together in happiness. Nayoung I miss you. The others miss you. Don't distance yourself from us because it never works. Let's just spend our last days together okay? And besides, it's not like it's really the end. We can still meet each other. Spend time with each other. It may not be as frequent as before, but we'll make it. I'll make sure to always contact you. You'll be busy with Pledis Girlz and I'll be busy with my solo debut. The others would all be busy too. But none of that matters because I assure you that we'll see each other and nothing will change. IOI ending doesn't mean our relationship will end. We'll always be with each other and that's all that matters." 

Nayoung looked at Chungha. She saw the hope and faith in Chungha's eyes, and that made her believe too, that IOI isn't their end. 

"I'm sorry. For not telling you. It must have been hard for you, waiting for me to tell you but instead I've actually been distancing away. I've been really stupid." Nayoung shook her head. 

"Yes you were. Now let's go and talk to the others. You should apologize to them. They were worried sick that you hated them or you were angry. Sejeong especially. Since you started moving away after the prank on Knowing Brothers. She really thinks it was because of that." Chungha flicked Nayoung's forehead. 

"I owe everyone a lot of apologies. I'm definitely gonna spend more time with them to make up for the days I've been stupid." 

"Good. And remember to spend time with me too. I'm still your girlfriend." Chungha joked. 

"Of course." Nayoung gave a peck on her girlfriend's lips. "Don't leave my side."

"I never did. And I never will."

---

"Happy birthday Nayoungie!" Chungha shouted as she ran to hug her girlfriend.

Nayoung smiled happily as she hugged back. 

Chungha was currently visiting the Pledis Girlz's dorm to bring a cake for her girlfriend's birthday. A year had passed since the disbandment but the members were still keeping contact with each other.

"I thought you forgot." Nayoung said as she took the cake and placed it on the table. 

"Yeah. It was Jieqiong who reminded me about it so I took extra effort to buy you a cake and be here before the day ended." 

Nayoung looked at her, hurt evident on her face. "You really forgot?" 

"Aww. Nayoung unnie had been ecstatic the whole day about you greeting her Chungha unnie." Eunwoo said when she saw Chungha on the couch. 

Chungha laughed and ran to hug Eunwoo, "Hi there, Eunwoonie." 

Then came Jieqiong, Siyeon, Yebin, Yewon, Minkyeong and the other Pledis Girlz. They all ran to hug their Chungha unnie. 

"I'm pretty close to your members, Nayoungie." Chungha smiled as she looked at the pouting Nayoung. 

"Oh my god, Nayoung unnie is pouting! That's something you don't see everyday. Or every week for that matter. Or even every month. You know what? That only happens when it's Chungha time." Seungyeon joked. 

"Chungha time?" Chungha questioned.

"It's a special occurrence where the usual Stone Nayoung turns into a baby for you, unnie. Some unusual and weird things happen during that time." Yebin said.

Nayoung glared at her before standing up to take her girlfriend away from them. 

"Alright. You've greeted her. You can all do your thing now and maybe leave us alone for a while?" Nayoung suggested.  The kids laughed as they scattered to do their own thing. 

"Well you look pissed." Chungha laughed as she hugged Nayoung. 

"First, you forgot my birthday. Second, you paid more attention to my members, instead of me, your girlfriend. Tell me why I should not be pissed?" Nayoung looked away. 

"Of course I didn't forget about your birthday! Are you kidding me Nayoungie? I wouldn't forget the day my love was born." Chungha laughed again, "And besides, your members love me too much." 

Nayoung lightened up at the fact that Chungha didn't forget her birthday. 

"I got my schedules free for the day too. Just so I can spend it with you." 

Nayoung's smile grew larger as she attacked her girlfriend's lips in a heated kiss.

Kyungwon then covered the maknaes, Kyla and Siyeon's eyes.

"Wow, couldn't they do it in Nayoung's room? There are underage kids here." She sighed. 

Kyla blushed as she imagined the kiss, while Siyeon removed the older girl's hand and looked at the kiss. Smirking, she took her phone and took a video of it. Planning to blackmail her leader whenever she needs something. 


This didn't turn out how I expected it to be, or maybe how the requester expected it to be. But I guess it just came through. Sincerely apologize for the late update. It's the holidays and I've spent it with my friends and family so I wasn't able to pay much attention to kpop. Although I have been updated on the events, I wasn't able to work on this fic. Which I'm sorry about.

Well I expected to be able to think of a decent transitioning of events here but I guess it seemed forced. I skipped too much essential parts and I used redundant words. Also, I didn't pay much attention to the real life references her. (weekly idol, kwowing brothers etc.). I guess I rushed it. I was supposed to finish this last Sunday but, oh well. I got too carried away because IT'S CHRISTMAS!! So for the requester, if I didn't meet your expectation, sorry for that.

On a side note, have I ever mentioned how much I ship NaChung? Like they're my third to the next ship for Chungha. (First being SeChung, then ChungMi, then NaChung) And now I'm ranting. But yeah, NaChung should be appreciated more. And btw to the requester, I didn't really know how to put your plot into a whole story so this is basically a collection of NaChung moments (based on the real events that happened, just insterted a NaChung moment).

Next will be Chungmi btw.

Requested by: ChungHamster_Kim http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1419423

NaChung: CHECK