DoChung - My Bully

Chungha One-Shot Requests

 

 

 Pairing: DoChung

 Genre: Angst but actually fluff


To say that Doyeon is annoyed is an understatement. She had been suspended for only a week and the moment she went to school again, her desk had been taken away by a nerd.

"Who the hell are you?" Doyeon frowned as she looked at the girl in front of her. The latter squirmed under the intimidating gaze and looked down. She opened to answer but the voice was so soft that Doyeon couldn't hear anything.

"Don't ignore me." Doyeon gritted her teeth. Today has been a bad day for Doyeon and literally everything annoys her now.

"That's the new girl, Kim Chungha. Don't be too hard on her." Im Nayoung, their class rep answered for the shy girl sitting at her seat.

"And we already have a new student. Just how much has happened when I was gone?" Doyeon whispered. She looked back at the girl in front of her, "Yah. That's my table and chair. Get out." 

And for the first time the shy girl looked up at Doyeon. Doyeon took in her features, she was cute and all but the glasses ruin it. Doyeon smirked as she found her next target. A shy nerd? Yeah, that was definitely a calling card to be bullied.

"But the teacher placed me here." Chungha voiced out. Although it was still soft, Doyeon was able to hear it. 

"I don't care what she says, that's my place so you have to leave." Doyeon stared directly at the girl's eyes.

The latter definitely knew that Doyeon was scary so she immediately picked up her things and stood up for Doyeon to sit. 

"Good." Doyeon smirked at her. Instead of sitting down though, she just placed her bag on the table and went to the other side of the room for her friends. 

Chungha looked around for a place she could sit but the room was already full so she had no choice but to stand until a teacher comes to make a decision. 

---
It was Chungha's third day at class. As usual, she was quiet so her classmates barely heard her voice. She didn't have that much friends since she was shy to interact with others.

The moment Chungha entered the room, a big splash was heard. A bucket of water fell down on her and she was now soaking wet. 

Laughter was heard from their classroom. The loudest one being Doyeon, who she assumed was the proprietor of this. 

"Oh. You're wet! Have you been swimming?" Doyeon said with a laugh. 

Chungha looked down in embarrassment and ran away from the room. She went outside of school to rush to her house and get a change of clothes. Her house was only a few walks away. 

---

That was the first time Doyeon pranked her. The second time around, she was at the cafeteria eating lunch by herself when Doyeon and her friends arrive. 

"Can we sit down?" Soobin asked. 

Chungha looked around and saw many more vacant seats. She sighed knowing that the others would just play jokes on her.

"Anyway, you're cute. You should try speaking sometimes. Are you mute?" Amber asked her. 

"I-I'm not." Chungha stuttered. All of Doyeon's friends are looking at her so she can't help being nervous.  

"We apologize for yesterday. Doyeon has been going crazy." Yoojung said. 

"Yah!" Doyeon protested. 

Chungha calmed down as she thought that the girl's weren't here for trouble. That they were just here to apologize. 

"Yeah. Sorry about that. Next time, we'll try harder pranks." Doyeon smirked as she placed a toy cockroach on Chungha's lap. 

Chungha yelped and quickly stood up. The rest of the girls were laughing and they soon left. There to apologize huh?

---
The next time, Doyeon and her friends cornered her in the back of the school to ask for money. Chungha had none because of their family's tight budget. 

Soobin and Amber got annoyed because they wanted to eat already but couldn't find money. 

Doyeon walked closer to Chungha, who then backed away. That was until she reached the wall behind her. Doyeon smirked and placed a hand on the wall, trapping Chungha between the wall and her body. 

Chungha was so much smaller than Doyeon that Chungha was basically facing Doyeon's chest. Doyeon bent down to whisper on her ear. "Are you sure you have no money?"  

Chungha whimpered because of the close proximity, "I have none!" 

"Well that's too bad. Guess we have to eat her lunch then?" Doyeon looked back at her friends who just nodded. Doyeon moved away from Chungha and took the lunch box away from the girl. 

That day, Chungha had nothing to eat.

---
There was a fourth time, a fifth, a sixth, up till the time when Chungha couldn't even count the amount of times Doyeon and her friends pranked or bullied her. It was a common habit for Doyeon and her friends to bully Chungha already. 

Chungha was of course scared of them but she didn't tell them to the teacher. And besides, she had found one friend which was Sohye. They were both being bullied so they understood each other well. 

The bullying this time though, has crossed the line. 

Chungha was walking down the stairs when Doyeon tripped her. She stumbled in the last few steps and hit the ground head first. Chungha was unconscious with a bleeding forehead. 

Students came rushing in to see what happened. 

"Damn it Doyeon!" Yoojung shouted to Doyeon once she saw Chungha on the ground, "I told you it was dangerous! Why do you not listen?" 

But Doyeon remained stoned on the stairs. She looked at the unconscious Chungha and that's when she realized the stupidity she had done. 

"." She ran to the girl while pushing away student's that were crowding around her. 

She picked Chungha up bridal style and rushed her to the clinic. The whole time regretting what she had done. 

---
Chungha had been unconscious for a while now. There was a big patch on her forehead signifying the injury. Doyeon has never left her side since she was feeling so responsible. 

"Well there goes my chance of passing." Doyeon laughed bitterly. "After this, I'm sure I'll be expelled. I had been suspended three times already. And my parents would abandon me and I have no where else to go." 

Doyeon looked down at Chungha, who wasn't wearing her glasses since it cracked when she fell. 

"I'm sorry." Doyeon started. "I'm sorry that you had to take part in my selfishness. I needed to gain my parents attention and the only thing I could do was be a problem to the school so they would notice me. But now? I guess I'm dead. I wasn't thinking straight when I tripped you. I was so fixated on doing the prank that I lost sight of what was my purpose. I lost sight of your safety. That you're a person too and needs to be respected." 

Tears were falling as Doyeon confessed her real feelings. "I can only ever tell this to people when they're asleep or not listening you know? Because the truth is I'm a coward. I can't do anything right." 

She took one last look at the sleeping Chungha. 

"I'm so sorry."

---
Doyeon saw Chungha go to school a few days later. She hadn't actually apologized to her but she would like to keep it that way. Since Chungha was going to school now, that means the principal would have a word with her. And this is probably the last day Doyeon is going to this school.

Doyeon was passing through the principal's office when she heard a familiar voice. 

"So you're meaning to tell me it wasn't Doyeon's fault?" The principal asked. 

"Yes sir. Although it may seem like Doyeon tripped me, I actually tripped on my own because of clumsiness. I even heard from my friend, Sohye, that it was Doyeon who took me to the clinic. Doyeon is not to be blamed for this sir." Chungha answered. 

Doyeon on the other hand is confused. She was pretty sure she tripped the girl. Her eyes widened when she realized that Chungha was protecting her. 

"But Doyeon has kept quite a record in this school. Are you sure you're not defending her? Because something like this can actually be done by Doyeon based on her previous actions." The principal reasoned. Doyeon knitted her eyebrows as she was evidently hurt by the principal's words. 

"Does no one trust me now..." Doyeon whispered to herself.

"I'm sure sir that it wasn't Doyeon. Although Doyeon has been pranking me multiple times already, I'm sure she wouldn't hurt me. She's not that kind of person to physically hurt someone. Doyeon even took the initiative to bring me to the clinic. She's innocent sir." Chungha insisted. 

Doyeon bit her lip. She was feeling so guilty for everything that she had done to Chungha. She had been hurting her and embarrassing her again and again but the girl is still protecting her. 

Doyeon ran away from the principal's office to the rooftop. She didn't understand why the hell is Chungha covering up for her after all bad things that Doyeon has done to her. 

After calming herself down, she felt that familiar warmness in her heart that she craved to get from her parents. Although this time, it wasn't from her parents. The warmness was because of Kim Chungha.

---
There was no expulsion that happened. And the rest of the week was normal. Chungha wasn't bullied by Doyeon anymore but Doyeon was uncharacteristically quiet. She would avoid looking at Chungha. And she would be usually spaced out.

Yoojung went to her best friend who was acting weird, "You look ugly when you're thinking." 

Doyeon glared at her but she wasn't in the mood to give a snarky reply. 

"So I heard Chungha covered up for you. Is this about it?" Yoojung went to get a seat and sat down beside her. 

"I guess." 

"So why are you so quiet?" 

"Don't know." 

"This conversation is going no where giant." 

"Maybe." 

"You're spaced out."

"Yeah." 

Yoojung rolled her eyes. She slapped Doyeon hard to the point where their other classmates looked at them. 

Doyeon gasped as she stood up and glared at Yoojung. She was about to shout angrily when Yoojung pulled her down to sit back again. 

"I needed to bring you back to earth." 

"Is there another way other than slapping the hell out of me?!" Doyeon was still annoyed. 

"Look Doyeon. I need you to tell me why you're so spaced. You don't even hang out with us anymore. If you're not sleeping then you're spacing out. And don't give me that reason that I don't care because I do. I'm your best friend. I've literally been with you since we were infants. Now give me the freaking reason." Yoojung was scary when she wanted to be. Doyeon just sighed and for the first time looked at Chungha's direction. 

She wasn't wearing her glasses because it broke. She was reading a book and was being fairly quiet again. 

"You know how I always wanted to feel love from my parents? Or if not love, the feeling that they care for you? The last time I felt that was when I was living with my grandparents. After they died, I was left with cold parents who didn't care about me. But then, just recently...I was able to feel that beating in my heart again. I felt a familiar warmness again." Doyeon answered. 

"Did your parents finally acknowledge you?" Yoojung raised her eyebrows

"No. And this is the problem. Because it wasn't from my parents. It was from Chungha." 

Yoojung swore she would have spit water is she was drinking. 

"You're in love." She concluded. 

"No stupid." Doyeon glared, "It's not to that point. Maybe I was just shocked and touched by the fact that she defended me." 

"Still...well I guess I should tell Soobin and Amber to stop picking on your crush then." Yoojung smirked. 

"And this is the reason I didn't want to tell you." Doyeon rolled her eyes, "And she's not my crush." 

---
While Doyeon and her friends had stopped bullying Chungha, another group of bullies had been bullying her. Why do people like bullying Chungha so much? That I do not know. 

"Hey nerd!" A group of girls called her. Chungha looked up at them and sighed. She thought she was done with being bullied when Doyeon stopped going to her. 

"Can you buy me a cup of coffee?" One of the girls smirked at her as she handed money. 

"Fine." Not wanting anymore fights, Chungha just agreed. She placed down her books then ran to the canteen. She was hurrying because the girls told her that she'd be punished if she was late. 

She was gasping for air when she gave the coffee to the girls. The girl smirked at her and opened the lid. Then poured it on Chungha's shirt. 

It was burning hot so Chungha was screaming.

"Hahahahaha. Stupid nerd." The group of girls laughed at her. 

"Yah!" 

They turned their head to see Doyeon who was glaring at them. Chungha was equally shocked to see Doyeon again. 

"Oh . It's Doyeon sunbaenim." The girls ran away quickly but Doyeon was fast enough to grab the leader. 

"Listen here idiot." Doyeon glared, she was looking so scary that the girl was trembling. "Chungha only gets to be bullied by me. No one else. Now tell all your other friends to get away from Chungha. She's mine." 

She pushed the girl away who was now running away. Doyeon then looked back to Chungha who was whimpering at the hotness of the coffee that was spilled on her. 

Doyeon moved closer to the girl but Chungha backed away again. 

"I guess you still hate me." Doyeon sighed. She removed her coat and draped it on Chungha's shoulder. 

"You can use it so you don't have to go home and change." Doyeon smirked at her and then left.

Chungha on the other hand, was so shocked that Doyeon is being kind to her.

---
Doyeon's kindness to her was shocking enough. But even to the point where Doyeon went with Chungha everywhere she went in school to prevent her from getting bullied. 

Although Chungha questioned Doyeon's actions, she never did ask. 

It was almost as if she and Doyeon had become friends. She spent most of her time with Doyeon since the girl would never let her go alone. 

She was able to spend more time with Doyeon and so she was about to hear about the lack of attention her parents give her. Including why she bullied her. Doyeon was eventually able to say sorry to everything she had done.

According to her, she would repay Chungha's kindness by being her bodyguard in school. 

"I can live by myself you know?" She said to Doyeon. 

"And get bullied by everyone again? No way. I'm the only bully in your life." 

The two were on their way to the library, mainly because Chungha wanted to go there and Doyeon is always trailing behind her like a bodyguard.

Chungha ended up reading for a few hours while Doyeon was asleep beside her. The two didn't notice the time so when they finally decided to go home, the library was locked. 

"Damn. Looks like the librarian forgot to check if there were still students inside." Doyeon said as she tried to open the door but failed. 

She looked at Chungha but the girl was breathing heavily with eyes wide. 

"Chungha? Are you okay?" Doyeon went to touch Chungha's arm but the girl moved away. The girl was now breathing rapidly and tears were forming in her eyes. 

It was the first time Doyeon saw the girl cry. In every prank she did on Chungha, the girl never cried. But why now...

"What's wrong? I won't do anything to you. I promise." Doyeon was growing worried. 

"Cla-clau..." Chungha tried to muster a few words but her sobs were overpowering her. 

"Chungha? Calm down. It's okay. I'll get us out." Doyeon told her. 

"D-Doyeon..." Chungha gripped on her shoulders. "Cla-claustrophobia." 

And that's when Doyeon understood.

Chungha had claustrophobia. Fear of tight spaces. Fear of being trapped. 

Doyeon went to comfort the girl. She hugged her to lessen the panic attack. 

"I'll get us out. I promise." Doyeon whispered in her ear while hugging her tight. 

"Doyeon." Chungha whimpered as he sobbed on Doyeon's shoulders. 

Doyeon just hugged her to comfort her while texting someone to get them out. 

---
After that little incident in the library, the two had gotten more closer. Doyeon would smile genuinely when she was around Chungha and the latter wouldn't be shy of her anymore. They had grown comfortable with each other. Chungha trusted Doyeon that she wouldn't hurt her again. 

Eventually, Chungha had met her past bullies, Doyeon's friends. But instead of being bullied, the girls were kind to her. Doyeon also helped her socialize with others and in exchange, Chungha taught Doyeon the lessons in school so she would pass. 

They both helped each other improve. Chungha had gotten much more confidence and she has risen to be one of the most popular students in school. She became the president of the dance club. Her hair had been back to black and she had decided to wear contacts now. She wasn't the same nerd as before and she wasn't bullied anymore. 

Doyeon on the other hand, had improved greatly in her studies. The teachers were proud of her for not causing any trouble anymore. Eventually her parents noticed her grades improvement and praised her. They also started to give Doyeon more attention. 

Everything had been going well in their life. But it wasn't over yet.

---

"Can I do this?" Doyeon bit her lip out of nervousness. 

"Of course you can. You're Kim Doyeon." Yoojung patted her back. 

Doyeon took a big breath. Then Sohye suddenly shouted, "Chungha's coming!" 

---

Chungha had just gotten to the school. Her eyes immediately searched for Doyeon but she couldn't see the girl. That was weird since Doyeon is almost always earlier than her.

She went to Sohye to ask where the girl went but Sohye said she didn't know. 

"If she's absent she could have told me." Chungha sighed. She doesn't know why not seeing Doyeon is a big deal to her but whatever. 

Doyeon didn't attend the first three subjects. When Chungha went outside for their break time she was cornered by the same girl who spilled coffee on her a few months ago. 

"Yah! Kim Chungha!" The girl said. She couldn't call Chungha a nerd now because she was more beautiful than she'd ever be. 

"Yes?" Chungha answered. She knows how to fight for herself now, unlike a few months ago. All thanks to Doyeon.

"Can you buy me a cup of coffee?" The girl handed her money. 

"You have legs. You have hands. I don't see why you can't do it by yourself." Chungha politely declined. 

"No! Please. I'm sorry for what I have done a few months ago. This time, it isn't a prank. I just can't go to the canteen because my ex is there. And there's no one in here but you. Please help me Chungha sunbaenim." The girl begged. 

Although Chungha was a bit skeptical, she wasn't rude. If the girl needed help, then she's gladly provide assistance. 

She accepted the money and went on her way to buy coffee. When she came back to give the coffee to the girl, she couldn't find her. 

"So was I pranked again?" Chungha sighed. She looked at the coffee in her hand and sat down the bench to wait for the girl. That's when she realized that a coat was resting on the bench. She realized who the owner of the coat was immediately.

She held the jacket in her arms as she smelled it. That familiar scent. She was sure this jacket was Doyeon's. 

Then she remembers the time when Doyeon gave her this coat right after the coffee was spilled on her. 

She smiled at the memory. That was the first time Doyeon was kind to her. That marked the start of their friendship. 

"Hey." she looked at her side. She then saw Yoojung. 

"Yoojungie! What's wrong? Did you see Doyeon? Why is her coat here?" Chungha asked. 

"Yeah I saw her earlier. She skipped class I think. She actually has a problem so she couldn't face you." Yoojung answered. 

"Problem? And she didn't even tell me?" Chungha pouted. 

Yoojung just laughed, "Well unnie, I think Doyeon is going bak to her old ways. I saw her yesterday. She was glaring at a freshman and all." 

"She's back to bullying?" Chungha raised her eyebrows.

"Maybe. Although I'm not sure. Please talk to Doyeon when you see her. Knock some sense into her hard head." Yoojung smiled as she left. Chungha was then left there, thinking about Yoojung's words. Was Doyeon really back to her old self? Did she have a problem? 

Chungha was so worried that she didn't notice that a volleyball was flying her way.

"Chungha sunbaenim!" 

When Chungha looked at the direction of the shout, a ball was already headed her way. 

The volleyball hit hard and Chungha felt dizzy. 

"I'm so sorry sunbaenim." Somi the volleyball player apologized. Chungha just smiled although she was feeling dizzy. 

"Let me take you to the clinic." Somi offered. 

"I'm fine Ssom." Chungha said. 

"No. I insist." Somi then guided her to the clinic even though Chungha was feeling just fine. 

When she reached the clinic, the nurse told her to just sleep first to get the dizziness off her head. Somi repeatedly apologized and Chungha just laughed it off. 

"What is happening today..." Chungha sighed as she massaged her forehead. Why are things happening again like deja vu. The only difference is that Doyeon isn't there. 

"Doyeon...where are you?" Chungha grew worried as she lied down. 

Since the nurse told her to sleep and all, she did fell asleep. 

When she woke up she was surprised to see Doyeon at the edge of her bed, looking at her. 

"Doyeonie! Where have you been? I was so worried about you." Chungha sat up to look at Doyeon. 

Doyeon didn't answer. Instead, she held both Chungha's arms and pushed her against the bed. She pinned the older girl on the bed with her on top. 

"Doyeon?" Chungha questioned. She looked at Doyeon's eyes and it was the same expression that Doyeon had when she was still bullying Chungha. Chungha grew scared because Doyeon may actually be going back to her old ways. 

"Doyeon." Chungha looked at the latter's eyes. She wasn't going to back down this time. Their first meeting she was looking down afraid of the girl. This time, that won't happen. They both looked at each other's eyes but eventually Doyeon looked away.

Suddenly she smiled brightly and got off her. "You've changed Chungha." 

Chungha looked at Doyeon weirdly. 

"In a good way I mean. When I pinned you to the wall back then you were so uncomfortable and shy. Now I'm the one who can't handle your gaze." Doyeon laughed. 

"Where have you been? I heard from Yoojung that you've gotten back to your old ways. Is that true?" Chungha stared seriously at Doyeon. 

"Nah." Doyeon smiled, "Come on." 

She pulled Chungha up and guided her to the clinic window. That's when Chungha realized that it was already night time. She had been sleeping for the whole day.

"What's going on?" Chungha asked Doyeon. 

"Look." Doyeon pointed outside in the sky. At first there was nothing, then Doyeon opened the window. 

"Yah! Cue fireworks!" Doyeon shouted to Yoojung and Soobin below. The two shouted back and then they fired the fireworks. 

Chungha laughed as she looked at the beautiful fireworks in front of her. 

"Wow it's pretty." Chungha smiled. 

"Yeah." 

She looked back at Doyeon to see her looking at her. She playfully pushed Doyeon as she looked at the fireworks again. 

"So pretty." Doyeon said while looking at Chungha. 

After a while, Doyeon pulled Chungha to look at her. 

"I don't know how to say this." Doyeon scratched the back of her neck as she looked down. "And I don't know if you'll ever look at me the same after this." 

Chungha knitted her eyebrows as she cupped Doyeon's face. 

"Is this the problem Yoojung has been talking about? You know you can always tell me." 

Doyeon took a step backward as she heaved a deep breath. 

"Chungha, at first our relationship wasn't good. I bullied you, I hurt you, I did horrible things to you. Then when the teacher asked if I was the one who hurt you, you said it wasn't. You defended me even after all the things I have done to you. That was the start. That was when I realized how important you are to me. So starting then, I became your bodyguard. Originally it was to repay for all the bad things I have done, but soon I kept on being by your side, protecting you, just because I wanted to. Not because I was feeling guilty. We eventually became friends. You know my darkest sides and I know yours. It's almost like you're my other half already. We both helped each other improve, without you, I wouldn't have been noticed by my parents. If I hadn't met you, I probably would have been expelled already. My future would be in ruins without you. That's why I want to thank God for your existence. And I also want to thank you for being there. You had a choice to leave me, to give up on me, to not believe in me, but you did. So I'm very grateful for that. Eventually, my gratefulness turned into something more." Doyeon said. 

"Aww. I'm grateful for you too Doyeon." Chungha smiled and hugged the taller girl. 

"One day, I began to realize that I couldn't live without you. Whenever I see you, my heart would beat so fast. When you're having one of your panic attacks, I want to be the one beside you to comfort you. I want to be by your side, hugging you, loving you. Chungha, this gratefulness started to turn into love. I have never loved someone more than you. I don't know if you feel the same, but I just wanted to let you know." Doyeon felt a tear escape her eyes. She looked at Chungha who was wearing an unreadable expression. 

Doyeon bit her lip as she kept herself from crying. 

"Please don't hate me." Doyeon whispered. She thought Chungha would be disgusted at her and leave her. 

Doyeon closer her eyes and wiped her tears away. 

Then suddenly, she felt a warm pair of lips against hers. Chungha held both of Doyeon's hands and moved them away so she could kiss Doyeon. The taller girl was stunned for a moment before smiling against the kiss and kissed back. She wrapped her arms around Chungha's waist while the other placed her hand on Doyeon's shoulder. 

"You didn't have to cry you know?" Chungha said after they kissed. 

"But that's because I thought you'd hate me." Doyeon pouted. 

Chungha laughed and pecked Doyeon's lips. "I'll never hate you." 

"I love you too Doyeon, my one and only bully." Chungha said before Doyeon crashed her lips against the other girl once again. 

---
"That's an interesting story to tell your children. Tell them your parents met because their mom, Doyeon was a bully." Yoojung teased them. 

"She still is actually. She keeps on bullying me I think I'm a battered wife." Chungha pouted. 

"Hey! When was that? I never bullied you even once!" Doyeon reasoned out. 

"It was ten years ago when we first met idiot." Chungha knocked Doyeon's head. 

"Ohhh. That was the happiest moment of my life." Doyeon smiled  which made Chungha blush. 

"So greasy." Amber glared at the two. 



So that's that. I hope you enjoyed it. It came off as a bit too long but please tell me your reaction to it. I admit that I rushed some parts and some events seemed forced. I was hurrying during the time I wrote this. Nevertheless please tell me what you thought about it. 

On a side note, Doyeon is actually my second IOI bias so I was thrilled on working on this one shot. Although my otps are SeChung and DoDaeng (or even DoYeonjung), I enjoy DoChung as well. And they are both each others idal types. How gay is that? Well anyway, this has been me ranting. I think ChaeChung will be next. (Did I just invent Chungha and Chaeyeon's ship name tho)

Requested by: ggroupscausedmydeath https://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1183559
DoChung: CHECK