Chapter o2

Knee Socks

Luhan thinks it's funny to pretend he can't hear you when you ask him to clean.

"I'm honestly deaf." He said, leaning against the wall.

"Really?" You asked. 

"Yup." 

"Then how did you just answer my question?"

"..."

You giggled, "Sometimes I wonder if you even use that brain of yours, Lu."

He grinned, "Sometimes I wonder if I even have one."

You wiped away the sweat on your forehead with the back of your hand as you asked, "What time does your stupid party start anyway?"

Luhan stomped his foot on the floor like a 3 year old, glaring at you while he does so. "YOU DID NOT JUST CALL MY BIRTHDAY PARTY STUPID."

You rolled your eyes playfully, "Luhan, sweet, you're throwing a pororo themed birthday party at the age of 22."

"I'll poison you if you insult pororo again."

You snorted, "And how will you poison me?"

"You drink coffee every morning, right?"

"Yeah?"

"....."

"...oh my god."

With that being said, he pumped his fist in the air as a sign of winning the conversation while you only rolled your eyes at how childish he is.

For the next ten minutes, Luhan continued to torment you by frolicking around the room screaming.

You had an uncontrollable urge to throw the broom you were holding at him. And that's exactly what you did. Except you missed, and he burst out laughing on the floor.

"LUHAN, I SWEAR TO-"

Right at that exact moment, the doorbell rang.

Luhan burst out laughing again.

You growled at him, "You owe your life to the person behind that door."

He chuckled, "It's probably that mirror I ordered online God knows how long ago, I can't believe they're only having it delivered now."

After his little rant, he opened the door to his apartment to reveal a delivery man holding a huge mirror.

"Delivery for- OH MY GOD GET THIS THING OFF ME."

That thing is Luhan.

The delivery man's hold on the mirror was getting looser so you had to step in. You quickly and carefully took the mirror away from him as you stared at Luhan in shock, disgust and amusement.

You heard the delivery man whimper slightly and so you groaned, "Luhan, why are you on top of him?"

Luhan giggled like a schoolgirl in response, "You were the one who said I owed him my life, mom. And so I'm expressing my gratitude towards him by giving him a big bear hug."

If it weren't for the huge mirror you were holding, you would've kicked Luhan junior.

Luhan is very lucky.

You were about to tell him he owed the mirror his life, but knowing him, he would've made out with it to "express his gratitude", and you didn't want to see that.

Luhan laughed, "You don't have to worry about that, lil dongsaeng. I would've made out with it anyway, because my reflection is ing y."

You raised an eyebrow at him, "I said that out loud?"

"No , Sherlock."

You growled at him for the nth time that day, "Say that again and I'll tell everyone you have a book in your room with all of Harry Potter's spells."

The delivery man snickered, "You have a book in your room with Harry Potter's spells?"

Luhan groaned, "It's for a science project."

You continued to , "So you actually try out those spells?"

Luhan laughed, "of course n- oBLIVIATE"

"......"

"You were supposed to forget this conversation."

"Luhan, do you want me to cut your allowance?"

He frowned. "You've never given me any allowan-"

"Not to interrupt your willy wonka talk but, can you please get off me? I have parcels to deliver." 

Luhan grinned and got off the man, "It was a pleasure meeting you!"

"Yeah... unfortunately I can't say the same." 

Luhan laughed, "Joke is good, my man." 

"Luhan, it's about time you leave him alone." 

Luhan rolled his eyes, "Fine, fine. But before that!" He exclaimed before pulling a pen out of his pocket and putting it into the pocket of the delivery man's shirt.

"It's something to remember me by," Wink. "See you again, buddy."

The delivery man stood there in shock and Luhan slammed the door close. 

Like the delivery man, you were also left in shock because how is it humanly possible to be as shameless as Luhan I can't believe he-

"MARIA! Hurry and carry the mirror to my room."

"My name is not M- Oh who am I kidding, it's a waste of time talking to you." You said as you carried the mirror to his room. Why am I even doing this, you asked yourself before you were ing TRIPPED by Luhan.

"That's for saying it's a waste of time talki-"

The mirror fell onto the floor.

Luhan's jaw dropped open in shock but he thankfully came back to his senses quick enough to prevent you from falling onto the floor covered with pieces of glass.

The both of you stood in silence for a minute or two before Luhan let out a long and low whistle.

"I'm just saying, but if creepy things start to happen I won't let you live."

"You were the one who tripped me, and it's just a superstition, Luhan."

"That's the devil telling you that, nice try Satan."

"Lu-"

"I hear the bell ringing! Be right back~" said Luhan.

You rolled your eyes but followed him to the living room. 

"Open the door, Luhan you ing idiot." Came a voice from behind the door. 

"It suits you." You said.

"What are you talking about?"

""Luhan you ing idiot" suits you a lot."

Luhan rolled his eyes before opening the door only to be faced with the same delivery man. And five other boys behind the said delivery man.

"Why- Why is he still here?" Luhan asked.

The delivery man stood there like a statue, not moving and not saying anything.

Luhan really ed him up.

You cringed at the sight of the poor man, "He's probably still in shock after what you did, Lu."

"Shut up."

"He's blocking the entire entrance, how are we supposed to get in Luhan you ing-"

You didn't mean to cut the guy off but you were so sure you heard someone sniffling. "Is.. is someone.."

The same guy you cut off looked at you, "Don't say it." He warned.

"But.."

"Don't say it." Warned another guy.

"Is someone crying?" You asked at last.

As soon as you said that, you heard a voice say, "Holy , I'm actually crying. Luhan hyung, do you see me crying? Do you want to know why? It's because your gay partner is a delivery man and you didn't ing tell me anything. How could you-" 

"Seahorse, shut up for a second." said Luhan before he poked the delivery man lightly on his chest. "Sir... are you alright?"

The delivery man seemed to be getting over his shock. Slowly, but surely. After a minute or two, he muttered a quiet "yes" and left.

"What just happe-" 

Before you could finish your sentence though, five handsome men came rushing into the apartment. 

"Christ, hyung, do you know how hot it was in the hallway?"

Luhan rolled his eyes, "You complain too much, Nini."

"Your name is Nini?" You asked, stifling a laugh.

Nini growled at Luhan, "I told you not to call me that! My name is Jongin. Kim. Jong. In."

Luhan rolled his eyes again, "Whatever you say, Nini."

"Stop arguing, you two." said a voice, "Who's your friend, Lu-" The owner of the voice's jaw dropped in shock as he stared at you. 

That was when the both of you finally made eye contact. 

"Holy mother of-"

"Seolri, you're too young to curse!"

"Luhan, I'm 18."

"STILL."

You ignored him and continued staring at Baekhyun. The Baekhyun who you proposed to in your drunken state. The Baekhyun who you serenaded to with Justin Bieber's baby. You have never wanted to be an ostrich more than at this very moment, so you can shove your head into a hole and never come out.

Without any further thought, you walked up to him and dragged him into Luhan's room, leaving the others shocked.

As soon as you entered Luhan's room with Baekhyun, you shut the door.

You took a deep breath before turning around only to face Baekhyun who looked slightly annoyed.

You let out a nervous laugh, "Sorry for dragging you all the way here but... did I or did I not bargeintoyourhousethatonenight?"

Baekhyun looked amused after hearing that. Is that a good thing? But why would he be amused? Why am I talking to myself? You thought.

"Can you... let go of my hand first?"

Oh, just great. The dude probably thinks you love him now, Seolri. 

You let go of his hand instantly and smiled sheepishly, "Sorry, Baekhyun."

He smiled, "It's fine. And to answer your question, yes. Yes you did."

"Damn, I was hoping it was your twin brother or something."

He laughed, "I won't tell anyone if that's your purpose of dragging me into Luhan's pororo themed bedroom."

You smiled, "Thank you. I can't believe he's still into pororo after all these years. Did you know the theme for his birthday party is-"

"Don't tell me."

"You guessed it."

"It can't be."

"Pororo."

"Oh my god."

With that being said, Baekhyun left the room and entered the living room where all five of them were gathered.

"Pack your up, we're leaving." Baekhyun said.

"What? Why?" said a blonde guy, "The party hasn't even started yet."

"Exactly! We should leave before it does." 

Nini looked at me, "What did you guys talk about in that room for him to want to leave this party?"

"I... told him the theme of this party."

Nini laughed, "It can't be that bad. Knowing the bastard, the possibilities include a bikini themed party which I wouldn't really mind in all honesty."

You let out a nervous chuckle, "It's actually pororo themed."

"No ing way."

"SEOLRI. You weren't supposed to tell them until after the party started."

Baekhyun was already at the door.

Luhan growled, "Byun Baekhyun! You come back here right this instant! None of you are allowed to leave my birthday party!"

Baekhyun hesitated, but came back in anyway.

"Gosh, hyung, you really are a drama queen."

"Shut up, Chen."

"But really, aren't you embarrassed to throw a pororo themed party at your age?"

"What's there to be embarrassed about?"

"Forget I said anything. When are you going to introduce us to your friend?"

"I'm too embarrassed of you asshats to introduce you to her." said Luhan, very dramatically. 

You rolled your eyes, "Hi, I'm Seolri. I'm Luhan's friend but I feel like a zookeeper sometimes."

Luhan raised an eyebrow, "Why would you feel like a-"

"It's nothing, Lu."

The boys then each took turns to introduce themselves to you. Turns out their names were Baekhyun, Junmyeon, Sehun, Jongin and Jongdae.

A few of them had nicknames but when you asked why, they let out a nervous chuckle and changed the topic instead. 

A few hours of talking and playing around later, the party started. And by that, I mean to say they were all drunk.

Seolri's POV

Due to the fact that Luhan's ty party just had to be on a goddamn school night, I was the only sober one. 

I'm pretty sure most of the boys had classes tomorrow as well, but it's not as if they cared, Christ. 

And if I thought six of them were trouble, then I obviously have not seen all twelve of them together.

Halfway through the party, the rest of Luhan's friends came and we introduced ourselves in very sober states. Not long later, Luhan is throwing a bra at the fan. 

"HYUNG, you aren't even straight where did you get that bra?!"

"SHUT UP SEAHORSE, A MAN CAN BUY A BRA IF HE WANTS TO."

"I can't believe I'm friends with a man who buys bras- Luhan, put down the lamp."

"Hey Seolri!!!"

"Yes, Tao?"

"You're so photosynthesis!"

"I'm so what- LUHAN YOU DID NOT JUST 
THROW THE REMOTE AT ME."

"I was aiming for the spider!" he replied, shrieking before running into the kitchen.

"Does my face look like a spider to you?" I asked in frustration.

After a long twenty minutes of dealing with their drunk antics, I felt like I aged 50 years. But of course, they didn't stop there. 

After Luhan ran into the kitchen, I followed in suit only to see Kris curled up into a ball next to the kitchen sink.

"I can't drown my demons they know how to swim."

"I'm sorry, what?"

"I- I can't drown my demons. They know how to swim."

"....."

"CARROTS ARE ON SALE!" yelled Kyungsoo as his head popped out of the refrigerator.

You winced, "Why are you yelling about carrots on sale?"

"Everybody likes a bargain." He answers knowingly.

"Hey." said Baekhyun, as he tapped me lightly on the shoulder. He seemed sober and thank God for that, because they're all driving me insane.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Wanna bang?"

"Jesus Christ."

Baekhyun pouted at your response, "Is that a yes or a no?"

"Baekhyun-"

"Baekhyun hyuuuuung, stop flirting with Seolri!"

Baekhyun huffed, "Whatever you say, Seahorse."

"It's Sehun."

"Okay, Seahoon."

After that, Xiumin literally shuffled into the kitchen and poured himself a cup of water before turning to me, "You don't know how long I have waited for you." 

"Xiumin, are you-"

"I'd rather die, than stay away from you."

"Are you quoting Twilight?"

"Definitely not."

Needless to say, it was a long night consisting of me dealing with and entertaining their drunk asses.

Around midnight, they finally decide to go back to their own apartments, except for Baekhyun who insisted to stay the night because his place was too far. 

By the time I cleaned everything up, Luhan had already gone back to his room, leaving Baekhyun sprawled on top of the coffee table. 

I smiled at the sight of him. Despite his very chubby and red cheeks from drinking too much, he looked adorable.

Quietly and carefully, I lifted him off the table with all the strength I had, which isn't much because I'm weak as , and tried to wake him up so he could walk to the guest bedroom by himself as I'm not capable of carrying him there.

"Seolri?"

"Yes, Baekhyun?"

"You're pretty."

I blushed. "No I'm n-"

"Pretty ugly."

I take it back.

"Baekhyun, you're drunk."

He snorted, "Drunk? I'm not drunk."

"Then what do you call this?" I asked, gesturing to him.

"Not drunk."

I opened my mouth to say something, but closed it, not knowing what to say.

"Lets get you in bed, yeah?"

"Are you trying to take advantage of me?"

I blushed. Again. "Shut up."

"Do you think I'm attractive?" He asked as I struggled with the door knob to the guest room.

"Baekhyun."

"Answer me?"

I gently laid him on top of the queen sized bed and tucked him in so he wouldn't catch a cold in the morning. 

"You don't have to be shy, Seolri. I... I find you really attractive too."

Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

A part of me wanted to continue teasing him, so that's exactly what I did. "You do?"

He nodded in his sleep, "I do. I have, ever since I first saw you. That was a long, long time ago." 

"We first saw each other a week ago, though." I said, confused.

But I didn't get to hear a response, as he was already sound asleep by then.