Chapter o1

Knee Socks

o1                                                         


There was a new transfer student in school that day. She had on a white blouse which was neatly tucked into her denim shorts. Her long, curly hair was the colour of the night sky as if it had been woven from it. Her hair cascaded down her back and almost reached her waist. She was beautiful. 

With white sneakers on her feet and a black cap on her head that blocked the view of her face, she entered the classroom with her head down as she looked at the ground.

No one paid any attention to her, not even when she was forced to introduce herself by a teacher.

She said her name almost in a whisper, bowed and greeted her classmates, keeping her introduction short and simple.

She sighed. It was going to be a long year ahead.


Seolri's POV

"SEOLRI!" 

Bloody hell.

I turned around to see who else but Lu ing Han with a huge grin plastered on his face, waving at me from across the room. 

I sighed and left the room, worried if anyone would find out that it was me he was waving at. 

Luhan and I are best friends. We have been, ever since we were both toddlers. 

Despite the bad boy image of his, Luhan is extremely overly-dramatic and is always nagging at me that more often than not, I'm secretly convinced he's an ahjumma in disguise.

"SEOLRI! YAH! You rude little brat, stop ignoring me!" he yelled.

"Luhan, stop talking to me!" I whisper yelled at him when he was close enough.

"Why can't I talk to my own best friend? You just transferred here and it's my job to help you." he whined.

"I don't need your help." I said, annoyed. People were starting to notice that the Luhan was talking to a mysterious stranger in a cap in the middle of the ing hallway.

I was tired of the judgemental stares I received, so I decided to make a run for it.

But Luhan and his fast instincts, he knew what I was up to as soon as I started backing away from him.

He rolled his eyes, "Don't even think about running away, you brat."

"Luhan," I glared at him. He glared back. I sighed, "I'll go to your place after school, okay? So stop annoying me, for 's sake." With that being said, I turned around and walked away from him.


"Seolri." 

I sighed, "What is it, Lu?" I was tired of ignoring him, but it wasn't like I had a choice.

Luhan and his group of friends were known as the school's "bad boys". They have a huge number of fangirls, which is why I'd rather pretend l didn't know him.

I talked to him about it before, but Luhan, being his obnoxious self, wouldn't let me have it. . 

He pouted. "School's over, so I thought we could walk to my place together." 

He looked sad at the moment and I felt bad. I felt bad because my best friend who was always smiling was upset because of me.

I smiled at him, "Fine, I'll walk with you."

He smiled back at me, "Great!" He linked his right arm with my left one. "Let's go, little dongsaeng."

I laughed. One day, his mood swings will be the death of me.


It was six in the evening when I left Luhan's place. My apartment was only a ten minute walk away from his so I rejected his offer of walking me home.

Luhan and I had a couple of drinks before this so I was a little drunk and tipsy, but that didn't stop him from allowing me to walk myself back home.

He's not a very responsible best friend, you see.

I didn't have a high tolerance for alcohol, so my cheeks were warm and bright red. 

", why isn't my key working?" I whined. 

My eyes started tearing up and I couldn't stop hiccuping.

I started knocking on the door, what the was I even thinking when I did that, seriously, I lived alone when miraculously, the door opened.

In front of me stood a man, a topless man, with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

The said man looked irritated as he looked down at me. I pouted. Was I really that short? I felt my eyes tearing up again. , why am I so drunk?

"Who are you, and what do you want?" He asked, glaring at me.

"I-" hiccup. "I'm not..." hiccup. "I'm n-not s-short so.." hiccup. "s-stop being r-rude."

After a few minutes of silence, he said, "You look pretty short to me."

With that being said, I burst out crying.


THIRD PERSON'S POV

Baekhyun's eyes widened as he stared at the crying girl knelt down in front of him.

"Ah honestly, what the ." He said, running his fingers through his hair.

He had no idea who this girl was, why she was crying and what she wanted from him.

Baekhyun almost lost it when a 5 year old boy yelled, "Mommy, look! What are they doing?" 

The mother of the said child stared at Seolri and Baekhyun in shock. She opened the door to the house she stayed in and rushed her little boy inside. 

She turned around and glared at Baekhyun, "Can you not make your precious girlfriend give you a in public?"

Baekhyun stood there, shocked.

? Who's giving who a ? Ah . She must've gotten the wrong idea after seeing this thing knelt down in front of me, he thought. Baekhyun groaned.  

He dragged the crying girl into his house with a frown on his face.

Bloody hell, he thought. 


Seolri's POV

I woke up with a headache and instantly regretted drinking with Luhan the day before.

I yawned, still tired despite the fact that I just woke up. 

Now that I think about it, I was still able to make my way back home despite being drunk off my . I smiled and patted myself on the head lightly. I had a pretty high tolerance for alcohol after all!

What time is it, anyway? I stood up and lazily rubbed my eyes. I realized I had stepped on something, so I knelt down to pick up whatever I stepped on.

Oh, it was a pair of boxe-

A PAIR OF WHAT?!

My eyes widened as I stared at the pair of spongebob boxers I was holding.

I let out a blood curling scream.

All of a sudden the door slammed open, and a man with messy bed hair came rushing in. 

I let out another scream which made him roll his eyes.

"For s sake, it's seven in the morning, can you please shut up?" he said.

"W-who are you? Why am I here? Did you kidnap me or something?" I asked, pointing a finger at him accusingly.

He rolled his eyes. Again.

"Who in their right mind would want to kidnap you? You wouldn't stop knocking on my door last night and started crying for no ing reason, so I had no choice but to let you in." He said, his arms now crossed. 

. Now I really regret drinking with Luhan.

I opened my mouth to speak only to close it again, not knowing what to say.

"Do you do that for a living?" He asked.

"Do what?" I asked, curious as to what he was talking about.

"You know, knocking on the doors of random strangers, kneeling down in front of them only to start crying and-"

I cut him off, "I was drunk." 

"...proposing to them out of bloody nowhere." he finished.

My eyes widened, "I did WHAT?" 

He snorted, "After crying for God knows how long, you started serenading me with Justin Bieber's Baby and then you asked me to marry you."

I almost burst out crying. Again.

"Where do you live anyway? And why did you have to show up in front of my house out of all the houses in the neighbourhood?" He asked.

I told him my address and cursed at myself after I did. 

"So what you're telling me is, you live right next door?" He asked.

"I DO?" I asked, making him roll his eyes.

"Yes, you do. So please, for the love of God, get out. If you haven't noticed by now, you're a real nuisance." 

I pouted, "Sorry, whatever your name is."

He shook his head lightly in amusement.

"Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun." He said, softly. 

I hummed in response, "Is that your name? It suits you!" 

"By the way, thank you. Also, I'm sorry for bothering you, Baekhyun-ssi." 

He shrugged and opened the door for me. I smiled at him one last time before leaving.

Byun Baekhyun.


THIRD PERSON'S POV

Baekhyun's heart would not stop beating.

God, how he loved her voice. He liked the way his name rolled off her tongue, as if she was savouring every letter.

Long before Kim Seolri knew of his existence, Baekhyun already knew of hers.

Baekhyun first saw Seolri when she moved into the house next to his. Ever since then, Baekhyun couldn't help but to be intrigued and fascinated by the girl living right next door.

If you asked Baekhyun to describe her, he'd say she looked innocent. She had brown eyes that sparkled and twinkled whenever she smiled. And her smiles, Oh God, her smiles only multiplies the softness of her gentle nature through every curve of her cheek. Her pale skin looked baby soft and he so badly wanted to touch it. 

With that being said, you can only imagine how shocked and amused he was when he opened his front door last night, only to reveal a flustered Seolri staring at him with her cheeks flushed red. 

But of course, Baekhyun had to act like he was irritated at her. He had to act like he didn't know she even existed in the first place. He didn't want her to end up being afraid of him, he didn't want her to think of him as a creep.

Baekhyun felt empty, now that she had left. Every time Baekhyun closes his eyes, he sees her. He hears her voice, he feels her touch. He can breathe her. But then he opens his eyes, and she's not there anymore.

Baekhyun is a player. He acknowledges it, because it's the truth. He likes ing around with no strings attached. But ever since he knew of Kim Seolri, wasn't as enjoyable to him as it used to be. 

There was always something the girls he ed lacked. And after a while he realized, that they weren't lacking, it was simply because none of them were Kim Seolri.

Thoughts like these made him laugh, because he knows how innocent Seolri is. As far he was concerned, Baekhyun has never seen her brought a guy back home.

Scratch that, he has never seen the girl stay out later than 10pm.

She was so, so innocent. And that's what made Baekhyun crave for her. He craved for those brown eyes of hers to be filled with lust, lust for him, and only him. He craved for her to be bad, only for him. He craved to hear her cute voice ing him. He craved for her to be his.

To Baekhyun, she was like his own personal brand of heroine. He simply craved for her. Hell, he craved for her so much, he was going insane. 

A sigh left Baekhyun's lips. 

"I think I'm crazy for you, Kim Seolri." 


AUTHOR'S NOTE

Chapter 1! Enjoy!! :)