Here Comes Trouble

Risk of Incorrect Rejection
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It’s already been an hour since their agreed time with their unnies and yet the two of them are still earnestly waiting for the older two’s arrival. It makes Seulgi and Irene more nervous knowing that their Tiffany unnie is very punctual when it comes to her appointments. As the time goes by, the more that they got feel tensed about it.

A few minutes later, the young couple went stiff when a familiar figure entered the restaurant and walked her way towards their direction. Seulgi and Irene immediately stood up from their seats and greeted her. “Unnie.”

“Hi. I’m sorry we’re late. Taeyeon woke up late and I needed to wait for her.” Tiffany approached the couple and pecked them on their cheeks.

“S-sit down first, unnie. Where is Taeyeon unnie by the way?” Seulgi asked as she tightly gripped her girlfriend’s hand for strength and support. Irene was feeling the same so she just squeezed Seulgi’s hand even though their palms are already covered with sweat.

“She parked her car and told me to go inside first. Is there a problem?” Tiffany asked the two worriedly.

Then she noticed that the two girls were acting strange. She eyed them from head to toe and finally understood the reason of their stiffness. She raised her eyebrow and looked at the two. Seulgi and Irene’s hearts were beating harshly at that moment until they see Tiffany’s infamous eye smile emerging. “I think I know why you called us here.”

“Y-you’re not mad, unnie? I-it’s okay with you?” It is Irene who asked her cousin.

‘I actually envy you for knowing your own feelings.’ Tiffany smiled to herself as she feels proud to her cousin.

The two waited intently for her reply which made Tiffany shook her head as she chuckled and said, “Why would I get mad at you, Irene-ah? I’m not like our elders. And as long as you’re happy, it’s fine with me.”

The couple sighed in relief after hearing those words from Tiffany. They just felt like a heavy burden has finally been lifted off of them. They were about to take their seats when Taeyeon suddenly appeared from nowhere.

“Oh. I’m sorry for keeping the both of you wait. So, what’s the news?” Taeyeon looked at her best friend then at her sister and her friend.

Irene went rigid again but Seulgi made sure to calm herself this time. She thinks that if Tiffany has easily accepted their relationship, then it would be also not a big deal for her sister to accept her confession. So she breathed heavily and bluntly said, “Unnie. Irene and I are dating.”

Taeyeon raised her eyebrow and looked at her sister. ‘Damn it. I envy you Seul. Ugh.’

Taeyeon calmed himself and just nodded her head a few times, “Now it makes sense to me that you’re always in our hospital.” Then she nonchalantly added, “Chukhahae.”

“I-It’s okay with you sunbaenim?” Irene said in surprise. She didn’t expect that her cousin’s best friend and girlfriend’s sister is way cooler than she thought. This just made her admire Kim Taeyeon more.

“You love each other so why would it not be okay with me?” Taeyeon said in her usual straight-faced expression and sits down on the chair.

‘That’s it?’ Tiffany was more discontented with her best friend’s answer. She was expecting Taeyeon to become the strict elder sister and all. But it made Tiffany smile that her best friend lightly accepted the two younger ladies’ relationship.

-

‘You love each other so why would it not be okay with me?’

Since Irene and Seulgi confessed to them that they’re already in relationship, Taeyeon’s words keep on repeating on Tiffany’s mind.

Tiffany suddenly started to welcome thoughts of being in an intimate relationship with Taeyeon and Taeyeon having the same feelings with her. She’s thinking that there might still be a chance for her and Taeyeon, not as just best friends but as lovers.

‘I will confess my feelings for her today.’ She positively told herself.

It’s 4 o’clock in the afternoon and Tiffany’s still busy reading through the financial reports of theircompany. She just realized that she’s been doing this for the whole day and she’s tired interpreting and making annotations on the inflows and outflows that the company had over the previous years.

Tiffany heaved a sigh as she stares at the stack of documents piled on her office table. Shetold herself that she needs to finish it today so she could confess as soon as possible. She’s even starting to regret offering her assistance to my team. She should just be verifying and signing those but here is she is, doing all their works.

Tiffany already imagined Taeyeon scolding her if she hears her being too considerate on her employees.

‘Last three reports Tiffany, you can do it.’  She encouraged herself and began analyzing the papers in front of her.

A few minutes later, her phone’s screen lighted up. Taeyeon’s calling her. It’ very unusual of her best friend to call her these days especially her schedule’s quite busier than usual. But then, seeing her name made her smile and she answered the call and put the phone on her ear.

“Ya.Jigeum eodiya?” Taeyeon’s adorable voice welcomed Tiffany’s ears. She hears voices in the background and thinks that she must still be on duty.

“Still at the office, boo.” Tiffany tried to say actively as possible but the laziness on her tone was too obvious to be ignored.

“Omo. Did I disturb you?” she asked in worry.

“Ani. Actually you’re in good timing. I’m really bored here right now.” she breathed heavily.

‘Okay, one report down, two more.’

Taeyeon chuckled on the other line and said, “Fighting!”

“Ya, Kim Taeyeon! Are you teasing me right now?”

“Ani.”Taeyeon denied. She’s already imagining her best friend’s rebuffing expression.

“Then why are you laughing there?” Tiffany said, trying to sound firm as possible.

Taeyeon faked a cough as her way of apologizing and asked, “Fany-ah, what time will you go home?”

She turned to the next page and started writing down some notes. “I think I’ll be home by 6pm. Wae?”

“Do you want to go out for dinner later?” she asked.

Tiffany stopped making notes for a while and concentrated speaking at her. Taeyeon just asked her for dinner and she thinks that it must be the chance then she said, “Eodi? Wait. Don’t you have any rounds left at the hospital?”

“Eobseo. What time will I pick you up?”

“Are you sure? You’re not just an ordinary resident, Taeng. You’re a fellow now, and I know that you’ll be a professor soon.” Tiffany doesn’t want her best friend to start becoming sloppy in her job so she asked her in concern.

“Seolma, you didn’t think that I’m just cutting some slack on my shift, right?” Taeyeon asked as if she has already read her mind.

She sighed and said in assurance, “Hwang Miyoung-ssi. Don’t worry. I already finished attending my patients. You can ask Yuri yourself if you want to confirm.”

“Fine, Taeng. By the way, I brought my car with me. Let’s just get changed at home and go out. Okay?” Tiffany informed her.

“Arasseo. See you later then.” Taeyeon said happily.

“Ne. Bye boo.” Tiffany said with a smile on her face.

“Ne.” Taeyeon replied.

 Tiffany hung up the phone afterwards and put it back on the side of the table. She gets back to her work and began comparing the stability and performance of the past year and the current year. After figuring it out, she skeptically made her own report and wrapped up the details needed to be presented f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter