First meet

You are the One
Please log in to read the full chapter

The sun was hot , a dazzling colourless disc burning in the incredible bright blue sky. The faint whisper of the sea somehow calmed Young Saeng's uneasy mind and the warm of the sunlight relaxed his pale slender as he closed his eyes and languorously stretched out on the smooth warm rocks, giving himself up to the sun and to the blank orange glare behind his eyelids.

Young Saeng felt tired. It had taken him a good fifteen minutes to swim out to this secluded area, but he felt the need to be alone, even though the beach of Jeju had been almost deserted at this point of time, and the mechanical, soothing rhythm of all that swimming and the cool sea, sensually pleasant against Young Saeng's hot skin, had at least taken his mind off his row with his father for a while.

A sweet drowsiness crept over him as he sun-bathed. A faint scented breeze counteracted the burning heat deceptively and lifted strands of his raven black hair as he drifted into a light sleep, a slight smile of contentment curving his softly vulnerable mouth, an unconscious grace curving his relaxed young body.

Young Saeng woke up with a start, not knowing how long had he been asleep, but knowing for certain that something had alerted him, making him conscious. He opened his wide chocolate brown eyes, blinking in the glaring sunlight, to find himself looking up into a pool of cool and amused black eyes. 

Young Saeng stuggled into a sitting position immediately, his heart thudding at something in those fierce, mocking eyes, and glanced covertly at the man in front of him wondering how long he had been watching him, embarrassing colour washing over Young Saeng's face at the implications of that thought.

"I'm sorry I had to wake you beautiful, but you were burning up," the stranger said softly.

Saeng heard the amusement in his cool voice , low voice and frowned a little as he referred Saeng 'beautiful'. That made him feel like a girl. This man knew he had caught Saeng unawares and he knew that Saeng was embarrassed. The man had been watching him sleep for goodness knows how long and Young Saeng felt utterly invaded, unsettled, that a stranger had been watching him defencelessly sleeping.

The man obviously expected some reply, so Young Saeng lifted his gaze to his smooth, wide shoulders, finding himself unable to meet those dark black orbs and his lips nervously. "I suppose I ought to thank you, then," he said lightly.

The man smiled, flashing a set of perfect white teeth in comparison to his slightly tanned skin, a smile that drew Young Saeng's breath sharply and involuntarily. "Go ahead, I won't stop you," he remarked, mocking Saeng, totally aware of his confused state.

Young Saeng turned his head away, not bothering to answer the stranger, biting his lips nervously, and wishing the man would go away and leave him alone. Saeng felt acutely aware of the man sitting next to him, disturbed by his presence and the silence seemed to stretch ominously between them until Saeng looked at the man again, his wide eyes meeting with the man's with a shock that reverberated throughout Young Saeng's whole body.

"Are... you on a holiday at Jeju?" Saeng asked in nervous tone, needing to talk to break the heavy silence.

"Business," he replied shortly, keeping his eyes on Saeng.

Young Saeng's skin felt hot beneath that hooded gaze. He longed to cover himself from the ma's prying eyes. "Beautiful," he murmured, smiling faintly as his eyes returned to Young Saeng's flushed face., "Quite beautiful." His voice was a caress and Saeng swallowed convulsively. Without thinking, only knowing he could not cope with this strange tension that was sprakling between them, Saeng slid off his place and got into the cool water and began striking out strongly for the beach.

The splash behind him told him that the man was following and made him swim faster, his stomach churning with what he realised was almost fear, coupled with another deeper, trembling emotion that he could not recognise. It only took the man a moment to catch up with him and he streaked passed Saeng. So he could swim better and faster than Saeng could. Young Saeng had known that, one look at his powerful, mascular physique had told Saeng.

It seemed to take forever to reach the shore. Young Saeng felt so exhausted. Perhaps it had been a mistake to swim out so far, and he had not really considered getting back. An instant later, because Young Saeng was not paying attention to what he was doing, his foot caught something sharp embedded

Please log in to read the full chapter