Friendships

First Love

Vacation was almost up, and it was time to go back to London. Back to school! That part really but I was so excited to go back. I mean I love seoul, the food is amazing however it gets really boring if you stay too long. As expected the topic of Sungyeol was never dropped, as soon as we all got back to London they planned on calling him over for lunch. I called them the cougar squad, and there was a new addition to that group, my best friend Chyna. The cougar squad was ready to take advantage of a kid! Poor him, I though, these girls will be a lot to handle.

When I arrived in London, I came with Chyna as we both went to the same school and also will be living together along with my sister who is coming a week later. On the first day we were so jet lag that we just rest. I'm so glad I was able to depart from the hot weather of my country, it was killing me, literally. I also needed to go register at my new school, Royal Park University. It is situated in the beautiful Regents Park, and the moment I entered it I could notice very fast that every single student in there was wearing branded items. The garage was filled with expensive cars such as porsche, lamborghini, mercedes etc... I just felt so intimidated. I mean I'm not so bad myself but it was just too much. I remember in one class, this classmate of mine said she lives in a hotel she owned in oxford circus. I could already see myself singing aladin's song "A Whole New World". Indeed, I though these type of school only existed in dramas. Most student who showed up to class do not even bother  to bring a notebook or even a pen to write something down, some never even show up to any of the classes at all! (I skipped a lot of classes too....)

Fast Forward one week, after having been through a very unique experience at my new university, everyone finally arrived in London. Taeyeon, Sunggyu and Chyna will finally be meeting Sungyeol this coming weekend. They already planned all the questions and things they wanted to do. I do not know why, but on that day I tagged along. I can't quite remember maybe it was fate that brought us to meet again... okay that was a bit too cheesy definitely not my style! We decided to go to a korean restaurant in chinatown and he was 30 minutes late so we started eating first. The food was horrible, nothing tasted authentic. 
After trying to swallow the bland food on my table for awhile, he finally arrived. My first initial reaction was that he looked uglier than the last time I saw him. My friend Chyna seemed to agree with me on that point. On the other hand my sister and her friend already were in attack mode. They plaster him with questions about his love life, we learn that he does not currently have a girlfriend, actually never dated anyone before. In addition, we also know that he is in boarding school so basically a prison and have been there for about 4 years already. I was just laughing at how desperate those two seemed, like two cougars preying on a little child. 
At about 2pm, we finished out lunch and head out for some korean ice flake dessert at the shop across the street. It's called Shibuya and I would definitely recommend everyone to go try their dessert, it's really good! As usual, we started making jokes about each other and I guess Sungyeol started to get comfortable with us from that moment as he was joking back as well. Surprisingly me and Sungyeol got along very well, we started talking about things we did in our home country and we quickly learn that we were both influence by our friend to play poker. Therefore we decided to go buy a poker set and play it at home. 
The rest of the day was very chill, we did manage to get a poker set and play it. I kept loosing so that was very annoying, but I still had a lot of fun. It quickly becomes a day where it was just me and him as the others needed to do something else and they could see that we were hit it off really well. We decided to play some ps4 games, starting with Naruto. Most of my friend don't know how to play it but surprisingly Sungyeol did, so it was quite an intense game session! We teased each other when we lost and laugh, overall it was really enjoyable. It been awhile since I had this much fun with someone by just talking and playing games.

He stayed at my place till around 9pm, and had to leave as the gate of his school closes at 10pm. It takes him around 40 mins to get from his boarding school to central London, where I live. We ended the night by promising to meet each other again, and he said he would be sleeping over the next time he came which was the weekend after. For that occasion, I told him I will organize a get-together, drinking event with some of my other friends. We exchanged goodbyes and as soon as I hear the door closes, I smile and though to myself,

Looks like I found myself a really really good friend, oh was I so wrong....