Chapter 5 - Healing [FIN]

Clan comes first

Hoseok tidied up the living room of the new house. It was a while now since they had to go on the run, but they were finally far enough away to feel safe. To make a home. The language would be a problem to figure out later, Russian wasn’t easy, but. That didn’t matter.
In the month they had been in the house, Jimin had already started acting far more like himself again. Everything was slowly getting better.

Very slowly.

«Hoseok?» Jimin's voice was soft as he called out to the elder, and Hoseok turned around almost worriedly. Almost expecting to see Jimin covered in blood again, but it was just him. Just Jimin, standing in the doorway and fidgeting.

«What is it?» Hoseok said slightly sharply. Even tho they were over a mile from the nearest town, and no one really wandered here 'cept the few vampire friends Hoseok had that knew where he was, he was still somewhat on edge. About being busted, hunted. To see Jimin burned.. He shook the thought quickly as the latter spoke up.
«I want you to follow me» Jimin said softly, but also firmly to make it clear that this wasn’t a request, and Hoseok nodded, putting away the blanket he was folding before following the young boy into the woods.

 

«Where are we going?» Hoseok asked curiously as they walked, but Jimin stayed quiet. The silence was confusing, and honestly quite nerve wrecking. Did the boy attack a hunter? , was there another body?? Would they have to run again??

«Jimin, slow down!» Hoseok called out after a few minutes, as Jimin kept walking faster. How the boy maneuvered through the woods with such ease with just the moonlight, Hoseok didn’t understand, even with his sharp vision.
«Jimin, ing hell, WAIT!» Hoseok shouted as he tripped, loosing Jimin out of his sight for a moment. He looked around.

«Minie...? Minie!» he called out to the darkness, worried as there was no answer, and he quickly ran in the direction Jimin was walking in before yelping as he runs into the youngers back.
«Jimin! , what the hell!» Hoseok swore and walked around him, cupping his face. Why was he so quiet? He hadn't been like this since that night 6 months ago. Something HAD to be wrong.
«Minie.. Look at me, please.. Talk to me» Hoseok begged and Jimin slowly raised his eyes to his before going somewhere behind the elder.

The raven haired man studied the blondes face before slowly turning around to look at what he was looking at. When he saw it, he blinked in confusion. A pile of.. Rocks?

«... I...» Jimin spoke up and Hoseok snapped his eyes back to him.
«I... wanted to make a.. A memorial» Jimin whispered before lowering his gaze with shame.
«I wanted to remember him...»

Slowly it dawned on Hoseok, what Jimin had done. He hadn’t caused trouble. Or attacked anyone. He was trying to remember him. Yoongi.

Hoseok swallowed hard as he turned around and took a closer look at the pile of stones, noticing there was a wooden board with a picture painted on it in different colors. He had seen Jimin hiding some of those the last few days, but he thought he was just shy about his art. Now he saw why.
«It's.. not accurate... but.. I tried to paint him... his... energy, I guess?» Jimin mumbled.

Hoseok walked slowly over to the pile and kneeled down, looking at the painting. He wasn’t lying, it wasn’t exactly a picture, and the paint had run after being out in the rain the day before. But. It was Yoongi. With a shaking hand, Hoseok reached out and gently touched it.
«Its... beautiful, Jimin» He whispered, hearing the small footsteps behind him as Jimin walked over as well and kneeled down next to him, handing something over.

Hoseok slowly looked at what Jimin was handing to him, a framed photo of Hoseok and Yoongi, grinning as if nothing could touch them.

«.. Hakyeon sent it. I wanted to.. put on the memorial, but.. it should be you who put it here...» Jimin said, as Hoseok gently wrapped his fingers around the frame, staring at the photo.

«Thank you» He slowly was able to mutter before lifting the picture up to place it next to the painting, hands shaking even more.
Hoseok felt Jimin slowly rub his arm and he couldn’t hold it anymore. After six months of hiding his feelings from the younger, Hoseok broke down into sobs, falling over himself in front of the pictures of his beloved.

 

And he cried. Hard.
And this time it was Jimin who held it together, gently rubbing Hoseok's back as he let his feelings out. As he truly, properly, grieved the loss.
Together they stayed by the mound until it was too close to dawn, and they slowly pulled themselves up, bowed their respects, and walked home together.

But they returned there every night, greeting Yoongi. Hoseok sometimes talking to the picture about his troubles, and once Hoseok caught Jimin talking about a book he liked to the picture, as if he was having a full blown conversation.

And this way, with the mound there to remember Yoongi.
To remember the past mistakes.


They both healed.
Ever so slowly


________________________________________________________________


Well holy hell its finally done! I hope you all enjoyed the story!
Also, the painting that Jimin made is the painting from the Begin teaser video, if you want a referance~