Chapter 2 - Coverup

Clan comes first

Hoseok stared at the scene in front of him in shock.
In this one moment, his whole life was falling a part..

Just a minute ago, he had been relaxing in the living room, watching TV, when he had heard some thumping on the second floor. At first he figured it was just Jimin, dancing, but after a bit it didn’t.. sound like dancing. He had walked up, thinking maybe Yoongi had come back from the store and was trying to move something. Silly human, he should've asked for help.

He stepped up the last step and felt the hair stand up on the back of his neck at the sounds of crying. He ran, as fat as he could, down the hallway and turned. Then froze.

His Sugar. His Yoongi was leaned against the wall, throat torn up, and covered in his own blood. And across from him, equally bloody, sat Jimin, sobbing harder than Hoseok had ever heard him sob.

He took a full minute to realize what had happened. What the thumping had been about. And then he stood another five minutes before he slowly walked over to Jimin, kneeling down in front of him.
«Jimin» He said blankly, seeing the boy flinch and look up in fear.
«h...Hoseok...I-I...i...» He muttered out, words heavy in his mouth.

«Breathe, Jimin» He ordered the boy and gently put his hands on his shoulders. He wanted to move his hands to his throat. To squeeze til Jimin went blue. But he knew that wouldn’t help. He could see from the viciousness that Jimin must've gone red...

Hoseok had thought they were safe.. That Jimin was old enough to be able to control his anger by now. That he wouldn’t go Red, that he wouldn’t go Animal.. But he was wrong. And Yoongi... His beautiful Yoongi.. had paid for that.
If Hoseok was going to blame anyone, it was himself...


«Jimin.. We need to clean you up» He heard himself whisper. He watched as Jimin's eyes searched him, fearful still.
«... I'm not mad... You weren’t in control.. We need to get you in the bath..» Hoseok gave Jimin a gentle smile and helped him stand up, gently leading him to the bathroom.


 


 

Jimin sat down on the toilet seat while he watched Hoseok draw a bath. He was confused.. Why didn’t Hoseok just.. kill him for what he did? Or beat him? Or at the very least, scold him?
Why was he drawing him a bath?

He tried to blink away the tears, but new ones kept filling his eyes.
«Jimin? Stay with me, OK?» Hoseok's voice was so soft... Fatherly. Jimin nodded in response and looked at his sire, who waved him over.
«Get into the bath.. you need to get clean»

Jimin nodded again in response before climbing into the water, not caring that it was almost scalding hot while he sat down, still fully dressed, watching the water as it started turning pink from the blood.

«.. Stay here» Hoseok said and vanished out of the room. Jimin didn’t respond while he stared at his hands under the water, slowly raising them and touching his face. His mouth.. His lips. His murder weapon. He hadn’t killed anyone before. Hoseok didn’t let him, teaching him how life is precious, even for a vampire. It had felt good tho.. if it hadn’t been his friend.
But in a way he understood it more now. Everyone is someones friend, so if he killed someone he didn’t know, he would probably still feel bad.
But why did he have to kill Yoongi.

Jimin whimpered as he felt his eyes well up again and started crying, covering his face with his hands.


 


 

Hoseok closed the door behind him quietly before turning to look at his dearest friend. His lover. Covered in blood. It was a surreal sight to behold, that was for certain.
He walked over slowly before kneeling in front of his lifeless body, giving his own peach hair a gentle, distressed ruffle.
«Yoongi...» He whispered softly while gently tracing over his cheek. He was warm like he used to be. He was cold. As cold as Hoseok's skin was. If he only had come in time.
If he had only realized what the thuds were sooner, and stopped Jimin! If he had just. Made it before it was too late.
At the very least, Yoongi would still be here.

But no.

He had been too naive. Too foolish to react when he should've. And because of it, his Yoongi was gone.
Hoseok slowly bit on his lip, tasting his own blood slightly while he shakily picked up his phone to call a friend. A friend he never thought he’d need the help of again.. But he couldn’t let anyone know. If the humans arrested Jimin, they wouldn’t understand.. Either he would be forced outside in the daylight, and burn. or they would find out and experiment on him. He couldn’t let that happen to his childe. He raised the phone to his ear and listened to the eery ring.

«Hello, this is the coroners office, how may I assist you?»
Just hearing the line hurt his soul.
«.. Hi... I.. Is Cha there? Please tell him Hoseok is calling»

He said with a blank voice, slowly sitting down in front of Yoongi's body, gently holding his hand and caressing it.
«Yes, one moment» the voice said, before that damn ring came up again, before he heard a new voice. A familiar voice...

«Hoseok? Is everything alright?» Hakyeon's voice was soft, and full of worry. Understandable, even tho Cha Hakyeon knew about vampires, and often helped with supplying blood and removing bodies, Hoseok rarely called him. Only if he needed blood. And he had just gotten blood from him last night.

«Yoongi....» Hoseok choked.
«Hakyeon... I need you to come... I need your services..» He whispered.

Hakyeon was silent for a moment before answering.
«Of course... Urgent?»
«Urgent...»
«I'll be there before nightfall. Try to clean what you can in the meanwhile. I'll call Taekwon and we will take care of the rest..»

Hoseok hung up.

He couldn’t believe he was doing this. Letting them take his Yoongi away to burn. Cover up his death. That he would never have a grave. Hoseok gently squeezed the cold hand in his and watched the face that used to be so full of live for a few minutes, before leaning over, giving Yoongi a last kiss.

«Please.. forgive me..» He whispered softly before getting up. He had to get back to Jimin, get him clean, and packed. They needed to leave, and leave quickly. He walked into the bathroom again and looked over where the young blonde sat in the water, still fully dressed and just.. staring in front of him. Hes in shock, Hoseok thought before walking over. He gave Jimins head a gentle pat, before sitting down next to the tub.

«... Its gonna be OK» Hoseok said.
«It’ll be taken care of. And we leave tonight, before sunrise..»

Hoseok looked over at Jimin to make sure he heard him, and saw the boy give him a small nod. The peached hair man gave him a nod in return and sighed heavily before looking forward as well.
The two sat quietly for a while, processing everything, until Jimin started coming to himself, removing his bloody clothes and washing himself proper, while Hoseok went to pack. Once Hakyeon and Taekwon were here, they would leave.

No one would ever know.