Chapter 3 - Moving

Clan comes first

Jimin stared out the window of the train carriage as it started driving. The sun had gone down just an hour ago, and Hoseok hadn't wasted any time to get them out. Taekwon had driven them to the station while Hakyeon had started the... cleanup.
It was such a bizarre feeling, this guilt. Jimin had never even liked Yoongi. He had thought he was an annoying nag who was always on his case for no reason, but.. Hoseok had loved that man. That human. And... In a way, so had Jimin.
This must be how kids feel about stepparents, the silver haired boy thought. If he had only realized that sooner, perhaps he wouldn’t have gone Red.

Perhaps he would’ve stayed calm enough to not hunt down Yoongi the way he did...
But it was too late to change that now.

Jimin let his gaze move away from the dark outside, and over to Hoseok. He had such a blank look on his face now. Now that they were away from the house, not rushing to get away... It was like he was letting everything... Hit.

Jimin slowly reached over with a shaky hand, carefully touching his sires arm.
Hoseok jumped slightly then turned to him.
«Are you alright?» His voice was so blank. Jimin didn’t know what to say so he nodded slowly.
«y..Yeah, I'm alright... But... Where do we go?» The silver boy slowly whispered out with a near childlike tone. He felt Hoseok's eyes on him, as if he was studying him, and lowered his head, hair falling and covering his face.

«... Jiminie...» Hoseok said softly, and Jimin felt his hands on his chin, gently tilting his head up.
«... We will be OK. Hm? I promise. We will get far away.. and no one will ever know about us...» About you, Hoseok added in his mind, while giving a reassuring smile to the boy. Jimin gave a slight nod in return.
«... Try to sleep, Minie.. Ill wake you when its time to get off.» The elder said, giving Jimin a pat on the shoulder before sitting back into his seat, doing his best to relax. They would stay on this train for as far as it would take them, before the sun would rise.

Jimin watched his sire a bit before shifting, curling up the best he could in the seat before looking back outside and closing his eyes to rest.

It didn’t take long before he dozed off.

 

 

«No please!» the dark haired screamed and hit him. Hard. But he didn’t care. He kept biting down, holding his target down.

«Jimin!»
Jimin jolted as he woke up. Hoseok was standing over him with a worried look on his face.
«You.. You were just having a nightmare, Minie. It's alright...» Hoseok gave him that sunshine smile before giving him a gentle hug.

Jimin blinked slowly and grabbed onto Hoseoks shirt. Yoongi... He had dreamt of Yoongi.
«Minie? You're shaking, whats wrong?» He heard Hoseok ask him. Jimin bit on his lip and pulled away.
«It... Yoongi. I was dreaming about him. About what I-» Hoseok stopped him before he could finish.
«I know...Come on. We need to get off here, the sun will rise soon» He said before standing up, grabbing a bag.
Jimin lowered his head before getting up and following suit with his bag.

Yoongi... I’m so sorry

Hoseok stood quietly by the train doors while they slowed before looking at Jimin, realizing he must have sounded sharper than intended, and reached over, giving his cheek a gentle caress.
«... I know you didn’t mean it... It's OK» He whispered, before the train stopped, and he had to jump out of the doors.
Jimin smiled a bit and followed Hoseok out into the unknown town before them.
«Now lets find shelter quickly» Jimin nodded in agreement and they quickly headed off to find a motel to bunker down til next moonlight.