C H A P T E R O N E

Messing with Destiny

Chapter 1

                                    N     E    W                                            B    E    G     I     N     N    I     N    G     S

  

 

 

                                                              The light was dim, I barely recognized

                                                    Everywhere was unfamiliar, unpleasant, and dirty

                                                             I didn't know where I am or who I was

 

 

 

 

The atmosphere was heavy. It seemed unwelcoming. I sat in a woody bench as I hear the clock tick. 1:35 a.m.  It didn't occur to me how long I was in this small, wrecked room. Nor the eyes which kept staring at me for the past hour, either the pain from my wounded hands. I shifted myself. I sat weirdly. My breathing was slow. My eyes start to close. As I started to drift. 

 

 

" What did you do? " A manly voice spoke to me, I looked at him. I gave him a questionable gaze and looked away. I scooted a little further from him. He moved closer. He whispered again. 

 

 

" Look son, you aren't in this place if you didn't do something as they say, " reckless, dangerous, something a criminal would do" now would you? " He smirked at me, his eyes seem like he knew who I was, what I have done, where I came from. 

 

 

" You arrived here looking like you murdered something, the lads brought you in like an animal, you sat here all day without a word, you really look like a creepy murder, 

tell me what exactly did you do? " The way he spoke was accusing, his tone sounded like it was blaming me. I looked at him, his face looks like he has been here for ages. He looked like he wants help. He sought for it. He needs help. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What exactly did you do? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What exactly did you do? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

What exactly did I do? 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

" Ey dingo-head! Get off the new meat will ya? " A big round guy approached us, with two more guys on tow. They seem vicious, blood-thirsty, murderous. What a typical mass serial killer would look like. Do I look that way? 

 

 

" Dingo-head? Starting early buck face? You think you scare me? I'm not doing anything! I'm just asking this young blood what he do. Anything wrong with that? "

The guy who kept talking to me stood up with his face fuming in anger. Another two guys stood beside him, ready to fight. One started to push another and then it went on. 

 

 

I sat at the very edge of the woody bench, and looked at the floor. I clasped my hands together. I winced a little at the pain of my wounds. They were deep, frightening to open. I wonder where I got them. How I got them. Why I was here. What happened to me. I wiped my face with the back of my hand and I realized I had more wounds in my face. I tried to wipe it off. 

 

 

Suddenly, someone tapped hardly the metal bars. They scattered quickly, hitting corners, scrambled away. One hit the woody bench made me fall of, hit the floor face down right in front of the person outside this tiny area. My eyes wandered off to the person, he seemed powerful, influential, and highly respected. His eyes bore into mine. 

 

 

 

" Get up, you have a visitor. " 

 

 

 

^_^_______________________^_^_____________________^_^__________________^_^__

 

 

   

 

All in your case is really complicated. We are trying our best to get you out of this mess." This dude with a black tie, white dress shirt, and blazer. Typical office worker. Yet he seems familiar. Feels familiar. Wonder where I met him. 

 

" Sir, you need not to worry. You will be released today. As requested by your parents. You will also fly back to China. Your case will continue here, as you start a new there with your parents. " This other dude, stares at me worriedly. He feels familiar too. 

 

" My parents? " Those words come off with uncertainty. Feels unfamiliar, like the tiny area earlier. My parents. Parents, parents, parents. 

 

 

 

" Why yes Sir, your parents. Don't you remember?" Many eyes looked my way. I didn't know what I was feeling. How I should react. Because I'm not sure in the first place. 

 

 

 

" No, I don't know, who are they? I don't remember anything. Who are you? I can't recall anything. Who am I ? " 

 

 

 

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

Author's Note:

 

Yes! You are still reading Messing with Destiny. 

Sorry it took so long. 

But, it's here now so enjoy. 

Cause it's going to be a hell of a ride. 

 

       -Kororo143