Meet Up

Save Me

The walk to the surface felt much longer than it did before. Stress and the extreme heat of the Underground merged and caused the naturally heated Jimin and Naerie to glisten in sweat. Jungkook, who walked not too far behind Naerie shot nervous glances over his shoulder at Yoongi who until now consistently glared silently at the ground. Even his icy body temperature couldn't cool their path.

Naerie was at least pleased to see that Jungkook no longer thought of his bloodlust curse.

As they continued their long ascent, the air began to cool, if only a bit.

Jungkook had stopped cautiously watching Yoongi and now found something more...interesting.

"Is no one bothered by that kid being ?"

The "kid" he spoke of was none other than Jimin who led the way in his half transformation, large mouse-like ears on his head. Naerie watched his shoulders tense and one ear twitched with obvious annoyance.

Naerie shrugged, long used to . Jungkook, who expected that reaction from her went on, looking to the 'posh' V. He remained silent though, focused on his task. Even Yoongi who had glanced up remained unfazed.

"Wow! How are you all this weird? Are you all nudists?" He made a sound of disgust in his throat.

"You enjoy wearing dead animals, how does that make you any better?" Jimin grumbled. It was just loud enough for Jungkook to hear and he fell silent.

"I really couldn't care less about any of that." Yoongi cut in. "I just want to know where the hell I am. But no one will tell me a God damn thing!"

"Everyone just be quiet." V spoke evenly. Everyone could feel the seriousness in his voice and quieted immediately. All but Yoongi.

"No! I need to know now." Yoongi demanded.

V stopped walking suddenly nearly causing Naerie to crash into his solid back. He turned his head, his vibrant eyes going cold. "Sound travels. If you want to die, feel free. But you're not bringing Naerie down with you." He growled.

Yoongi was silent the rest of the way.

Everyone was relatively quiet as they walked, save for Jungkook who occasionally mentioned Jimins' ness. The pressure of the ground around them was lifting and Naerie began to feel excited to see the blue skies and feel the grass beneath her feet. Even Yoongi, whose face had been wrinkled with concentration and displeasure had lifted slightly. Jungkook had begun to complain though, it was not good for his wounds to be walking such a long distance.

Luckily for him, they were approaching a doorway. This path was unfamiliar to Naerie as they hadn't passed through the dungeon. She felt nervous, but she could barely tell with her excitement overpowering every emotion.

Jimin stopped at the door and stood aside to let V open it. It was best for him to do it, being that he's immortal.

They stood with bated breath as V turned the handle on the stained, rusted door. Where will this lead us? Naeries' question was answered when the door flew open and a gust of cool wind greeted her face along with bright sunlight. In the distance she could see decorated blocks of rock, well shaped with what appeared to be weeping angels.

"A cemetery...?" Jungkook trailed.

"They have to dispose of the bodies somewhere." Jimin in, his voice harsh. He still hadn't gotten over the younger Jungkook calling him a kid.

Jungkook made a sound of disgust in his throat when he looked at Jimin as he stepped into the light. "I'm tired of looking at you, can you put on some damn clothes!?"

Yoongi rolled his eyes as the two continued to argue. Naerie chuckled as she shook her head, she could tell everyones' spirits had been lifted by the soft rays of light that caressed their skin. At least she did, she felt like a starved flower finally being reintroduced to the sun. In a way, she was.

"We're going to go this way." V pointed towards the forest. "We'll meet Namjoon there."

Naeries' ears perked at that. "Where has he been?" She asked curiously.

"Creating a distraction." For the first time, she saw a mischievous smirk on his handsome face and she felt butterflies in her stomach.

Her face flushed and she looked away, embarrassed. "O-oh. Okay." She hoped he hadn't noticed. If he did, he didn't show it. The group walked on, rarely speaking until they were deep in the Taraungki forest. The trees cast dark shadows over the forest floor, their surroundings darker than the time of day.

"We can stop here." V said. Along the way, Jimin had acquired some clothes that had been hung to dry in someones' backyard, just to silence Jungkook. The pants were made of a foreign fabric to Naerie and Jimin as their people used special plant fibers to sew clothes, the reason why most Tiagon or Taraungan people mostly wore green or brown clothes, if at all. The pants fit him perfectly and were shaded a dark brown while the top hung loosely and consisted of black and white stripes.

Everyone finally sat down on the soft forest floor, Jungkook the most relieved for the break. His wounds had almost completely healed at this point though.

"Is this the right time to get answers?" Yoongi asked from where he sat, leaned against the trunk of a large pine.

"It's the best time." Jimin replied quickly. "Ask away."

"So, these Dimensi hijacked my brain... I thought I had created a strong mental barrier against things like that..." Yoongi's most common facial expression returned yet again. He scowled at the grass.

"Dimensi were cursed by an ancestor of mine. She was young and sloppy so they received some of her gifts, mind control being one of them." V answered, uninterested in the conversation, but taking part anyway.

"Wait, your ancestor did that!?" Naerie was surprised. Casting a curse so widespread and powerful must have been a god-level power. She looked at him in awe. What else could he do?

V shrugged. "There's not many of us, we're all closely related."

"Hey, back on topic." Yoongi waved, bringing them back to him. "How long have they been here?"

"Two hundred years give or take." Naerie answered this time.

"And why were you, a princess being kept in their basement?"

Naerie flinched at the thought of all she'd been through, but took in a discreet, shaky breath before speaking. "They took my land and enslaved my people. I guess I'm the ultimate prize since they killed the queen." She couldn't stop the bitterness from entering her voice, her fists clenching in rage. I'm going to kill him one day...

Yoongi appeared shocked, his mouth hung open slightly and it seemed he wanted to say something but couldn't find the words. Beside her, V almost shook in anger, yet when Naerie peered at him, she saw guilt on his face. "I'm so sorry." He whispered.

"It's not your fault." She replied softly.

V seemed to disagree but he said nothing.

Naeries' story must have ruined the talkative mood because only silence followed. It wasn't awkward for her though because she found herself distracted by Jimin. He was fascinated by the powers that royals like her possessed so she took a dead flower that slumped between them and cupped her hands around it. She closed her eyes and whispered a few words, feeling the power flow through her, and when she opened her eyes and removed her hands, the flower was at full bloom.

"Wow!" Jimin gasped. "You're amazing your highness!" He applauded her politely.

"Oh, please." Naerie laughed, unused to the title after so long. "Just call me Naerie."

Jimins cheeks flushed adorably and he just nodded.

The moment was ruined by the sound of heavy footfalls.

Yoongi stood, alarmed. "Were we followed?"

"No, it's Namjoon... but something's wrong." V's eyebrows furrowed.

As the sound grew closer they heard something else. Namjoons' voice.

"H-hey! What the hell? Get off!"

Suddenly, Namjoon stumbled through the brush, running towards the group, partially bound. Finally, the vines wrapped around his legs, tripping him. Fast as lightning, another figure dashed through the bushes landing on top of Namjoon and roughly flipping him over.

"It was you, wasn't it!?" The man cried in anger. It seemed that the plants around them reacted to the strangers anger. The trees leaned until they loomed murderously over us, casting the whole path into darkness.

Naerie gasped at the soft glow in the mans eyes. "No way!"

V seemed to have had the same realization and pressed the palm of his hand to his face, groaning.

"I don't know what you're talking about!" Namjoon shouted back, desperately attempting to wiggle out of the vines.

"You know. Because you killed them. Kaera and Futhu, with no remorse." He replied darkly.

Hearing those names only confirmed what she had suspected. Although Naerie was confused she at least knew what to do.

"Wait!" She called. The mans hand which had been mere inches from Namjoons face froze immediately. He looked up, only just noticing the crowd.

"What?" He retorted furiously.

"He didn't kill them." The man opened his mouth, but before he replied she continued. "Kaera was a close friend of the royal family, why would this man save me and kill someone like her?"

The man looked skeptical but looked Naerie over closely before finally removing his hand. "You're a Tiagon?"

"Yes." To prove it, she allowed herself to enter her half transformation.

He backed away from Namjoon finally. "How can you trust him?" He asked.

"Because he's the only reason I'm alive and free right now."

Grudgingly, he retrieved the vines that bound Namjoon and allowed the trees to return to their former stance. "What's your name?"

"Naerie." She said simply, standing on one knee before him. "And yours? If you don't mind, that is."

"Jin." All suspicions were finally confirmed. He had been an urban legend in her kingdom. A daughter of Ekai born male. It was something that had never happened before, but here he was, living proof. Admittedly, she should have been afraid, it was difficult to anger a daughter and once achieved someone was sure to die. "And you may stand now." He nodded towards her and she finally stood.

Everyone else save for V was still confused so Naerie introduced Jin to the group. "This is Jin, a... guardian of Ekai." Since he obviously wasn't female, Naerie struggled to find another word. "He's a demi-god."


This took me longer than I wanted it too. Ahh! writers' block ! But, I got it done eventually that's what matters. It's also time to keep explain!

Yes, people like Naerie and Jimin prefer to be . Clothes are bothersome. Haha! I mean, they're shape shifters anyway it would only make sense. V's got lots of secrets too! I can't wait until they come to light! And I feel like we'll discover Namjoons' curse in the next update! Exciting!! And since I feel like it won't really come up in the story very much I'll just explain a bit about Jins' character. So he's a 'daughter' of Ekai which means that he's also a demi-god (since Ekai is a goddess and the 'daughters' her children) the only reason he's actually labeled a demi-god though is because he and the rest of his race have a god power (a very sought after one too) they have control over life and death. So Jin can take a life with the touch of his hand if he really wanted to, or he could give life to a dead body. There are lots of rules and regulations with that though so he can't just do that whenever he wants to. And Tiagons do have some limited control of the plants around them (not much though) their strongest power is the ability to communicate with animals around them.

Also, just something that may come up later: each race has one thing pertaining to the arts that their famous for. Nerr, (like Yoongi) are well known for their musical ability (I wish they had pianos because that would be perfect, but they mainly use flutes). Eagons, other than their voices are known for their ability to play and make string instruments also their knowledge in the art of battle. Tiagons are well known for their dancing and drums (although other races find their dance style a bit too ). Overaens (like Hoseok (J-hope)) are also known for dancing although their style is much more 'tribal' and energetic. They're also very talented at beat boxing. Unknowns like V aren't really known for anything, haha. Kinda why they're labeled as 'unknown'. Dimensi on the other hand are well known for their advanced technology and for many unique music styles. (The non-human races are still quite traditional)

And that's it I think! (Oh, forgot about the 'daughters'. Their voices are known for being soft and comforting like soft Indie.

I'll update this story as soon as I can! (And I'll also do some editing! Haha!)