The Day After

There Is Just Something About You

"Taeyong... Time to wake up..." A soft voice whispered in his ear. Slowly he became aware of his physical self as he drifted out of dreamland. He stirred slightly, hoping to bury his head under his pillow and catch a few more minutes of what might have been the best sleep he had ever had. Memories of the night before flooded him as he pressed his face against someone's chest.

 

"Ten..." Smiling sleepily, he nuzzled against the chest beneath his face. His reluctance to get out of bed only intensified when he felt arms wrap around him.

 

"You are not going to change our schedule just by being adorable." Ten laughed and Taeyong felt lips brush over his jaw. "Get up so I can."

 

"But I'm warm and you smell good..." He mumbled, pouting slightly as he pressed his lips against Ten's collarbone. "Can't I stay here a few more minutes?"

 

"Look. I didn't want to bring it up because I don't really want to move either..."Ten rubbed Taeyong's back and he inwardly cursed the older man for making it even harder to pull himself away.

 

"I feel a 'but' coming on." He moved enough to rest his chin on Ten's chest, feigning a glaring at him.

 

"Well, you see... I have actually been awake for about a half an hour and possibly really have to pee." He chuckled and Taeyong gave in, rolling to the side.

 

"Shoo. I don't want pee on me." He smiled softly, getting rewarded with a kiss and a playful tap on the hip.

"I wouldn't pee on you." Ten slipped out of bed, leaving Taeyong alone in the room. Without the older man beside him, the pull sleep had on him faded. Climbing out of bed, Taeyong went to his own room to gather some clothes.

 

"Taeyong!" He heard Johnny call for him from the living room and groaned, sneaking out of his room toward the bathroom, hoping to avoid the other man. The bathroom door opened as he reached it and the smiling face of Ten met him.

 

"Sh." The younger man held a finger to his lips and let Taeyong in, locking the door behind them. "Shower with me?" Taeyong felt his cheeks heat up. Sure, sometimes the members showered together, but he hadn't confessed to any of them beforehand. As nervous as he was, he was equally happy.

 

"You don't need to ask." He informed him as he started to undress, laughing softly as Ten almost fell into the sink in an excited rush to get off his pants.

 

It didn't take long for the two men to rid themselves of their clothing, huddled together under the steamy shower stream. Closing his eyes to shield them from the water, he felt Ten pull him close, their lips meeting in a soft kiss that merely gained intensity until it reached a level of passion that had the younger man pushing him against the shower wall. Letting out a soft gasp, he felt Ten's tongue slip past his lips as Taeyong tangled his fingers in his hair. Just as Ten began to press against him a knock sounded on the bathroom door.

 

"Other people have to shower too!" The disgruntled voice of Doyoung called from the hall.

 

With the mood being shattered, Ten pressed his forehead against Taeyong's shoulder and he let his fingers run through the older man's hair for a moment.

 

"I’ll be out in a minute!" Ten finally shouted back with an eye roll only his shower partner could see. He kissed Taeyong's neck lightly before stepping away to get cleaned up.

 

"Hey." Taeyong stepped toward him, kissing him sweetly. "You’re cute when you're hot and bothered and annoyed"

 

"Gee, thanks." Ten grinned, kissing him back as they got out of the shower, toweling themselves off before getting dressed for the day. Even with the morning's interruptions, Taeyong couldn't help but look forward to what the rest of the day may bring.

 

***

 

Ten couldn't keep his eyes off of Taeyong all through practice. The way he moved, his expressions when he became lost in the beat, were perfect and, if he were being honest, almost enough to bring forth inappropriat thoughts. Cursing himself for such filthy ideas in a room full of his group mates, he continued to try dancing despite the increasing tightness in his pants. It was almost painful and he was sure he would need to find a way out of the room soon.

 

As luck would have it, being distracted by Taeyong had its advantages. Colliding with another member, Ten found himself landing in the floor with a solid thump. He wasn't exactly injured but he figured if he played it off that way he could at least escape for a little while to tend to his imaginary wounds.

 

"Ten!" Johnny was rushing toward him and it was hard not to scream in disappointment. Before Ten's stalker could reach him, Taeyong was at his side.

 

"You guys go ahead and keep practicing. I'll take Ten to see if he's hurt." He was helping Ten up and the younger had to conceal a smile against Taeyong's shoulder as he pretended to limp out of the room with him. His plan couldn't have worked better if he had actually intended Taeyong to come along with him.

 

"Are you okay?" The older questioned as he they entered the hallway. Ten straightened up and grinned.

 

"My backside is a little sore but I'm fine." As soon as the confirmation of his well-being had been issued, he found himself with his back against the wall, lips pressed against his own in a feverish kiss.

 

"I can't stop thinking about you..." Taeyong confessed, causing Ten's heart to skip a beat. Before he could ask what exactly it was that the older had been thinking about, he felt something hard pressing against his thigh.

 

"We need to get out of here..." He whispered as Taeyong gripped his hair, tugging to tilt his head to the side to allow himself the opportunity to attack his neck with bites and kisses. "People will see..."

 

"But I need you..." Taeyong murmured against his neck, sending shivers through Ten.

 

As much as he wanted to hear this, he had to slow all of it down. It had literally been twenty-four hours and they still have to work together and live with their friends and one another. He put his hands up and pushed his older back. “I don’t want it to go this route. Not right now. I want you, I do. It's crazy to even say this outloud because I never once thought about you like this before the dressing room incident, but this isn’t fair to our friends and while I have known you for years, I don’t actually know you. So can we start from there first?”

 

Taeyong sighed but stepped back. He knew Ten was right. It hadn’t been long since his other half was Jaehyun and had been for years and now it seemed he quickly had dropped him for this crazy desire to be next to Ten all day. He didn’t want to ruin his friendships or his work environment, especially with debut so close it was almost like a seventh sense.

 

“I know. You are right. This isn’t fair to you. To me. To Jaehyun. Or even the guys. Honestly, I couldn’t even tell you what your favourite colour was.” Taeyong spoke.

 

“It’s black.” Ten responded.

 

The rapper looked up at his band mate, “well . Mine too.”

 

Ten laughed. “I know. I make it a point to remember details from our rookie shows just in case.”

 

“Okay.” Taeyong laughed along with him. “But you are right still. I would rather become closer friends with the occasional moment then to blow it all up in the heat of an instant because of hormonal urges.”

 

Ten smiled and pulled Taeyong to him. He lifted his hands to his older’s head and tilted it down before placing a kiss gently on his forehead. “Thank you. We really should get back to practice. We have Bangkok coming up soon.”

 

Taeyong gave him a quick hug and nodded. “We definitely do want to be lazy before heading to your homeland.”

 

“I swear to God, if you embarrass me in my own country, I will disown you all.” Ten warned with a chuckle.

 

The two boys parted and Taeyong headed back into the practice room first. Ten took a moment to collect himself. He didn’t know how he felt about all that had happened recently but he knew he had made the right decision. They just needed to take it one day at a time, a move that he was actually excited about as he looked forward to learning more about the man who had captivated his mind.