Sleep

There Is Just Something About You

Taeyong and Ten froze in their position at the sound of Jaehyun’s voice and the lights blinding them. The break in the moment was so sudden, the older of the two literally was like stone with Ten’s hand just a mere centimeter away from his lips.

 

Taeyong looked at his roommate and then heard a shuffle behind him accompanied by excited whispers. He moved his glance from Jaehyun to the hallway behind him to see Johnny and Taeil hitting one another to hush. Most likely Johnny, being the klutz he is, tripped over some shoes and knocked into Taeil thus leading to the situation they are in now.

 

No one spoke a word for what seemed like forever. Jaehyun just scoffed and turned off the lights. The sound of the bedroom door slamming echoed throughout the dorm. The two in the hallway slowly shuffled towards their bedroom while the boys on the couch finally released their hands from one another.

 

Johnny paused for a moment before turning towards the living room and speaking finally. “Well… I think it's about that time for bed. Hey, Ten, why don’t you come and join us. Like now.” He waited while Taeil went forward into the room near the bathroom.

 

Ten looked at Taeyong with an apologetic look before answering his older. “Yeah.” He raised his eyebrows at the man across from him and stood up. “...Yeah, I am coming.” He walked towards the bedroom hallway. As he passed by Johnny, the taller of the two grabbed his shoulders and followed suit into the bedroom. Before the door closed, Taeyong could hear Johnny saying “oh, daddy” before the door closed.

 

***

 

Ten was curled into a ball on his bed. Thoughts from today overwhelming him as his fingertips trailed over the sheet beside him. There was nothing lonelier to him than the look of betrayal he saw on the faces of the boys he called his friends and roommates.

 

Its wasn’t long before all the older guys in the dorm knew what had happened. Mostly no one was effected except Jaehyun decided he was going to go back home to his parents’ house which left Taeyong now bunking with Yuta, Johnny now rooms with Doyoung, while Ten moved into the big room with Taeil and Hansol. The younger members stayed the same and didn’t know the drama at hand.

 

Noise filtered into his room from somewhere in the dorm. If someone else were awake then at least Ten had the opportunity to distract himself. Climbing out of bed, he made his way toward the sound. A sigh of relief escaped him when he pinpointed the origin. Taeyong was sitting on the couch, watching videos on his phone. The glow of the screen illuminated a small smile that Ten had grown fond of.

 

Quietly he closed the space between them, slipping onto the older man's lap. Pressing his forehead against the nape of Taeyong's neck, he wrapped his arms around him. Feeling Taeyong move underneath him, he hoped he wouldn't be sent back to his room. Thankfully, the older simply sat his phone aside and Ten felt a hand on his hip, the other running through his hair.

 

"Can't sleep?" Taeyong questioned and he gave a small sound in response. Breathing in the other man's scent was already lulling him to sleep. If Ten was being perfectly honest with himself, he wasn't exactly sure when it happened, but he was pretty sure he was starting to have feelings for the older man, something he hadn’t felt with anyone else.

 

"Want to sleep in my room? Yuta isn’t suppose to come back from Japan for a few days." The leader asked, causing Ten to nod against his neck.

 

"Please?" He moved to stand but Taeyong held onto him, lifting up with some effort. A blush crept over his cheeks as he hung onto the object of his affection. "I can walk, you know."

 

"Maybe I just feel like being manly." Taeyong mumbled and let out a quiet laugh. "Let me try." Ten grinned softly, giving up any form of a struggle.

 

It wasn't long before he was being lowered onto the older's bed. Disappointment filled him at the loss of contact but he soon calmed as Taeyong climbed onto the mattress beside him. Blankets were pulled up over them and slowly he scooted closer until his head was on Taeyong’s chest. Listening to the man's heartbeat, he let out a content sigh. Fingers ran through his hair and his eyes began to close as sleep threatened to overcome him.

 

"Thank you..." Ten had thought the words were in his head, but, in his relaxed, tired state, he had accidently spoken allowed. His pulse quicken when he felt Taeyong move under his head.

 

"Ten..." The older man tilted his chin up until their eyes met. "I am sorry..." With a smile, their lips met and Ten could feel his own heart skip a beat at the soft sensation of Taeyong's lips. Happiness flooded him and threatened to bring tears to his eyes.

 

"I..." He reached up to touch the attractive man's cheek, grinning.

 

"Sh. Sleep now." Taeyong kissed him again gently, running his fingers through Ten's hair. "We have plenty of time to talk in the morning." With one final kiss, Ten rested his head back on Taeyong's chest, allowing sleep to finally take him. He didn't know for sure what the morning would bring, but for now, Ten was just happy with the moment.