02. He's right

Let's Gogh!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As he walked down the street, Baekhyun hummed one of his current favorite songs: Very Very Very. He had attempted to learn the dance to over his summer break but had not made much progress. He had only learned the main moves with his hands, though not as best as he knew he could. He did his best to not move along to the song as he hummed the chorus. Nobody was really paying attention to him so he didn’t care as much as to how soft or loud he was being. He felt himself get into an even better mood the more that he hummed along. He was walking alongside the sidewalk and was paying careful attention to the scenery around him. In order to get to his dorm, it was required of his body to walk through the main lawn. That, Baekhyun had to admit, was his favorite part. The lawn was a vast space that was in the center of the school grounds and had a bright green appearance because of the nicely cut grass that was there. There was a tall sycamore maple tree right in the center, casting  a refreshing shadow in the vast space of sunlight. Encasing the rectangle shaped lawn were Sakura trees that gave it a sense of elegance. Yet, what Baekhyun loved the most was the small fountain that was placed in the far right corner. It wasn’t often visited by the rest of the students and Baekhyun had understood why the minute he had taken a look at it his first year there. It wasn’t the most beautiful fountain, in fact it wasn’t beautiful at all. But, there was a certain reason why Baekhyun was always attracted to it, yet to this day he still had not been able to figure out why the fountain felt so important to him. Nevertheless, he always took a minute of his day to get close to it, unsure of its importance.

 

The fountain itself was a small circular shape and had been painted a light gray color, though Baekhyun did not how long ago that had happened. As he was looking at it, he noticed someone else approaching it and suddenly halt. Baekhyun squinted his eyes trying to see who it was and to his surprise, it was the drummer. He wasn’t sure why the drummer had suddenly stopped walking towards him but Baekhyun knew that he had to take advantage of the situation. This was the perfect time to ask the Drummer if he would be willing to model for Baekhyun’s project. Baekhyun smiled to himself, amused at the thought of seeing the Drummer wearing nothing at all.

 

He began to walk towards the Drummer in hopes to catch up to him who had begun to walk the opposite direction. He quickly realized he was far from him and so had begun to speed walk and eventually began a small trot in order to catch up to him. He was out of breath when we finally managed to meet the taller’s pace. The taller simply gave him a slight glance and said nothing else even though Baekhyun was technically currently stalking him. Baekhyun took his time to catch his breath and decided to wait for the Drummer to say something, anything. They both just awkwardly walked next to each other for a couple of minutes before the Drummer finally sighed, clearly annoyed, and stopped in his tracks to turn to face the smaller.

 

He gave him a, “What do you want?”

 

“Hi!” Baekhyun said, sounding too cheerful for the Drummer’s own taste. “I’m Baekhyun and-”

 

“What do you want?” The tall man asked once again, sounding a lot more menacing than he had before. Baekhyun though wasn’t affected by it.

 

“I know this is going to sound weird, really weird actually but-’

 

“Chanyeol!” Someone suddenly screamed. Though, the taller seemed to not even hear the scream and that’s when Baekhyun realized that there were headphones placed in each ear of the Drummer. He sighed to himself and glanced towards the approaching stranger who happened to be a girl Baekhyun had never seen. The girl had stood in a way that her legs were apart from each other and she was pointing at Chanyeol, anger and annoyance in her eyes. He noticed the way the Drummer groaned and gave a small glance to the approaching girl. And before he knew it, Baekhyun was being dragged off by Chanyeol who had latched onto his arm and had pulled him. The girl quickly began to yell out the Drummer’s name louder and louder and Baekhyun could tell she was running after them. He was confused, very confused and a bit afraid if he was honest but didn’t question the Drummer, mostly though because he was out of breath. Eventually the Drummer let go of his arm and so Baekhyun simply ran after him as they continued to, what Baekhyun assumed, run away from the girl. They twisted into corners and took sharp turns until eventually they both stopped running.

 

Baekhyun rested his arms on his knees, attempting to catch his breath. They had run a lot. The taller though seemed unaffected, resuming back to his poker faced state. “Wh-what the hell was that?!” Baekhyun asked out of breath.

 

“Oh.” The Drummer turned towards Baekhyun as if just now realizing that he had dragged along the small boy. “That was us running.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes in response clearly expecting more of an explanation. The tall man sighed in annoyance and said, “Away. That was us running away.”

 

Baekhyun looked around for a brief second and realized that they had ran into a place where he had never been to. It seemed like it was a large storage that had not been used for years.“Why?” He asked. “Why did you run away from her?”

 

“She’s hell let loose on Earth.”

 

Baekhyun frowned at the other’s response. “Wasn’t she your fan?”

 

“No. She…” The other started and suddenly asked, “Who are you? You haven’t exactly introduced yourself yet but you followed me all the way here.”

 

Baekhyun was offended he had to admit. “I followed you here? Excuse me? You dragged me here. And for the record, I did introduce myself!”

 

The other frowned. “No. I let go of your arm a long time ago yet you’re here.”

 

“So? I was supposed to stay there in the middle of campus not knowing why you had at first pulled me along with you and not knowing why you had run away from that girl?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Baekhyun squinted at the man, trying to seem as terrifying as he could but clearly it had no effect on the Drummer for he was not saying anything else. Baekhyun let it go and puffed out a loud sigh. “Fine. But like I said, I did introduce myself to you while you were very rudely listening to music even though I was clearly talking to you.” He said matter-of-factly.

 

The other scratched the back of his head and mumbled an apology that Baekhyun accepted after a couple of seconds. After relaxing a bit Baekhyun finally asked, “Where are we anyways? I’ve never been to this place and I’ve been almost everywhere.”

 

The Drummer shrugged and said, “You don’t know about this place because nobody really does except for a couple of people.”

 

“Who?” Baekhyun asked, curiosity creeping into his voice.

 

“It doesn’t matter.” The taller said. “In any case, you should probably leave.

 

“Not yet.” Baekhyun said as he began to look around. They were located in a small parking lot that was in front of a huge warehouse. The place looked like it wasn’t maintained but as if people still used it once in awhile. It was a dark gray color and had big wide doors that led to the inside. There were 2 big windows in the middle of the warehouse, giving a view of the inside. Baekhyun saw the light bulbs hanging from the ceiling, hinting that people did still use it. “You see those light bulbs?” He asked to the taller who nodded. “That means that people use this place.” He enthusiastically said. “Who do you think inhabits this place?” He began to ask, a scary tone suddenly creeping into his voice.

 

“I already know.” Was the taller’s response, knocking off Baekhyun’s attempt to scare the Drummer.

 

“Well, you’re no fun. Let’s go inside!” He said as he pointed to the warehouse. He began to walk towards it but was stopped by the Drummer who had placed his arm in front of Baekhyun.

 

“No. Let’s go.”

 

Baekhyun pouted at the sudden halt of his actions but nevertheless complied to the order. “Whatever.” He said as he turned around with sass. “You’re a big scaredy cat anyways.”

 

“Whatever.” The Drummer said.

 

“You really don’t use any more words than are necessary do you?” Baekhyun asked as he walked back to the main street.

 

“And you use too many.” He remarked.

 

Baekhyun frowned and crossed his arms and said, “Hmph. Whatever.”

 

Those were the last words exchanged between them before they departed their own way, to their own dorms.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Thursday came before he knew it and his astronomy class was to be held again on that day. Baekhyun was excited to see the Drummer again. He hadn’t gotten the chance to ask him his true question last time he had had an encounter with him. There was another thought that was roaming through Baekhyun’s head though, where was his roommate? Baekhyun had yet to meet him and it had been 4 days since the start of the new year. “Weird,” he thought to himself. “Surely he has to sleep and dress, at least shower?” He shrugged the thought off and instead focused on trying to come up with an idea for his art project. Baekhyun wasn’t the type to stay after class with a teacher to ask questions, especially not with Mrs. Latimer, definitely not with her. But, even though he wasn’t the type, he knew he had to make an exception this time. He groaned at the thought of having to speak with his teacher. “That woman is scary.” Baekhyun mumbled to himself. He checked his watch and realized that it was time to head to astronomy.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

It wasn’t hard to get to his astronomy class because it was really close to his dorm so Baekhyun had managed to get there a couple of minutes early. He wasn’t the first one though, the Drummer had arrived at class before Baekhyun had. He saw the glance that the Drummer gave him but it didn’t last long enough for the both of them to make eye contact.

 

The class eventually began and Baekhyun went back to staring at the Drummer, ignoring the teacher again. The tall man was frowning at the professor, seeming as if he was confused by what the he was saying. His head was resting on the palm of his right hand and he was intently listening to the lecture. Baekhyun thought it was a bit funny how important this class seemed to the Drummer.

 

“Mr. Byun? What’s the answer?” Baekhyun’s eyes bulged open at the mention of his name and he could feel the entire class stare at him, specifically the Drummer who had a gaze that was burning. Baekhyun quickly analyzed the powerpoint trying to get a sense of what was being discussed and he thanked his late night readings over the summer because he knew the answer.

 

“Retrograde motion sir.” He confidently said.

 

“Very good Mr. Byun, you answered correctly. But, please refrain yourself from simply staring at Mr. Park’s face during my class. I can assure you that you’ll also find interest in mine if you look hard enough.”

 

At the remark from his professor Baekhyun immediately went red and he could feel his face burning up. Some laughed for a short amount of time and then continued on to listen to what the professor had to say. But, Baekhyun could feel the Drummer’s intense gaze still on him, trying to decipher something. Baekhyun turned to look at him and did his best to seem relaxed and so simply shrugged, although in the inside he was screaming.

 

After that, class seemed to go smoothly and Baekhyun didn’t stare at the Drummer...too much at least. Although he had to quickly change his gaze every time the Drummer turned to look at him as if checking to see if Baekhyun was still staring at him. Every time that happened Baekhyun could see the Drummer roll his eyes at his actions, as if telling him that he had caught him staring again.

 

Once the class was finally over, everyone grabbed their things and got ready to leave, Baekhyun did the same. Once he was outside the door someone grabbed his arm and dragged him to an isolated place in the building. Baekhyun knew quickly who it was simply by the grip on him.

 

“Why were you staring at me?” The Drummer asked as he squinted at Baekhyun.

 

“Because I wanted to.”

 

“That’s not an answer.”

 

“It is.”

 

The Drummer groaned in annoyance and continued, “If it’s about yesterday, you should forget about it. It wasn’t important.”

 

Baekhyun faked offence and raised his hand to his heart. “Clearly it wasn’t important… to you at least. I think that warehouse is one the most-”

 

“I don’t care.”

 

“You started this conversation.”

 

“Just tell me why you were staring at me!”

 

“Fine,” the smaller sighed, breathing in and saying, “I wanted to ask you something yesterday but didn’t get the chance to considering the fact that you dragged me elsewhere. But, anyways, I have a question and if you agree to it you’ll be helping me out for one of my classes. It’ll be a win-win situation I assure you.”

 

“I don’t see how it’ll be a win-win situation if it only helps you.” The Drummer mumbled.

 

“Anyways, I have this art project that I need to complete by the end of the semester-”

 

“I’m not doing it.”

 

“But you don’t even know!-”

 

“The posing? Trust me, I know.”

 

“How did you?-”

 

“You’re not the first to ask.”

 

“I-I-I,” Baekhyun stammered. The Drummer rolled his eyes and began to walk away. His long legs were hard to keep up with but Baekhyun did his best. “Who else has asked you?”

 

The Drummer glanced at Baekhyun but then continued to look forward, hands in his black jeans. “Other people.”

 

“I know that.” Baekhyun dead panned. “I guess what I meant is, who else would have the same idea to paint you? I mean it's not like you're crazy popular.”

 

The Drummer stopped walking and for the first time since they had met, he laughed. It was a short barely audible one but Baekhyun had still heard it. He stopped and looked up at the Drummer whose eyes had slightly crinkled up and whose mouth formed a small curve. Baekhyun looked in awe at how beautiful the Drummer looked at the moment. “You know, you should smile more, Drummer.” Baekhyun said as he walked away from the tall man.

 

“Drummer?” Chanyeol mumbled to himself as he watched Baekhyun walk away, sass spilling from his every pore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun half expected to see his roommate as he walked into his dorm but that hope vanished as quick as the wind the moment he set foot inside the room. It was odd really how this mysterious new roommate of his hadn’t had the dignity to even introduce himself. What had really bothered Baekhyun though was that he had claimed the bigger bed before him, yet he never used it. “There’s too much injustice in this wor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter