Final .

Heavenly Lies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The sky is dark on that morning. Chen's left his sketch unfinished as he stared at the dark gloomy sky. Its a bit more colder than any other days, and honestly it feels just nice. The window left opened and the wind hit his face. He closed my eyes, leaned back on his seat and relaxed. Chen feels at eased until.. screech- his eyes immediately open and he turned to his back. The paint is all over the floor and the painting fall on the floor. His eyes widened and is taken aback but then his heart soften when he see her.

“I-Im sorry. I didn’t meant to-” She looks at him and stop her words.

 

Why stop ? Why are you looking at me like that ? Making me feels..

 

“Chen ?”

 

Huh ?

 

“You.. know me ?”

“Of course..” She smiles as she stands from picking up the painting, “Of course I know. Everyone did” A soft giggle escaped from her lips and Chen try to avoid making eye contact but he cant help it but to fall deeper into her dark brown eyes.

“Oh-” She then remember that she have turned the room into a mess. The girl get on her knee and try her best to take everything into places. Chen just look for a moment before running over and take her hand from getting any paint on her.

 

“Its okay, I can do it”

 

“But its me who did-”

 

“Its okay. I mean it” He smiles softly, “I don’t want to see any paint on your pretty hands” He said as he started to clean everything and put everything on its places. She just stands there looking at Chen before her eyes fall on Chen’s unfinished sketch.

 

“Baby’s breath ?”

 

Chen put the last painting on its place and turn to her who is staring on his sketch. “You know that flower”

 

“Yes.. yes I know. Its my favorite. You like baby’s breath too ?”

 

“Not really. I just feels like sketching them out of boredom”

 

“Out of boredom ? But this is so pretty!”

 

“You.. like it that much ?”

 

“Uhm!” She nods as she cant take her eyes off from the flowers that she loves. “Do you know why I love baby’s breath ?”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe because of the meaning behind it ?”

 

She gasped and smiles widely. Wait, I was right ?, Chen thought as she nod her head again. He realized how pretty she is when she smiles like that. How her hair bounce when she keep nodding her head. He smiles by herself as he look at her baby’s breath sketch.

By then he knew it wont be just another sketch.

 

 

--

 

 

“Do you know how much I loves rain ?”

 

Do you know how much I loves you ?

 

“How much ?”

 

She spread her arms and make a big round gesture, she looks so adorable as she tries to make it as big as possible, “Thiiiisssss much !” She said with her biggest smile. Chen’s small laugh fills in the air as the smiling girl turns to him, “You know when it rains and they make sounds like musics, and the fragrance when the rain stops ; petrichor- I love everything about it.”

 

“Yes.. yes, me too”

 

“I loves how the rain falls and hit me” Her voice sounds like a whisper this time as she extend her right hand and let the rain hit her pale arm. “Its cold, but it makes my inside feels warm”

 

“How is that even possible ?”

 

“It just do. Believes me, it just do. Like how you fell in love with someone without even knowing the other side first”

 

Chen’s heart stop for a second.  

 

Like how... I fell for you ?

 

“Yeah.. maybe” He said as he stared at her calm face. The cold liquid that falls to her palm slowly drip down to the floor. Her sleeve already drenched with rain but it doesn’t stop her from staring at the rain falling from the sky. Chen take a step forward and extend his right hand- letting the rain hit his. He closes his eyes and smiles and he finally understands how it feels like.

 

 

 

How is that even possible ?

 

 

 

It just do. Believes me, it just do.

 

 

--

 

 

“Why do we falls in love ?”

 

Chen turn to his bestfriend- Byun Baekhyun, the school’s sweetheart. He just shrugged his shoulder as he proceed on his baby’s breath sketch on his small notebook. He finishes the sketch few seconds later and turn to look for his bestfriend- just to find Baekhyun is staring at someone. Chen follow his gaze and his eyes falls on that girl. His eyes slightly widened as he put his hand on Baekhyun’s shoulder. The latter jump in shock as he changes his gaze to Chen, “What ?”

 

“What are you looking at ?”

 

“Mijoo”

 

“Mijoo?”

 

“Uhm, Kang Mijoo. Why ?”

 

“No.. nothing. Whats your question again ? Why do we falls in love ?”

 

“Yeah, you’re good at words. So tell me why ?”

 

Chen stops for a while as he stares at Kang Mijoo. It hit him and a small smile appear on his face and he looks at Baekhyun.

 

“We just do, Baekhyun. Believes me, we just do”

 

 

--

 

 

The sky is gloomy- again yet today.

 

Chen just stands under the roof in front of the main gate as the students rushing and running through the rain. He stands real near to the rain that his shoes slowly drenched with it. He doesn’t care though- he learned to loves the feeling of it because of that someone. A hand taps his shoulder and he find his bestfriend stands next to him, “What are you waiting for ? The rain is going to get heavier” Baekhyun have to speaks loudly as the rain sounds kills his voice. He almost choked on his own saliva as he speaks loudly.

 

“Its okay, you can go first. I don’t want to see you whining again if you catch a cold- its annoying”

 

“Eii” Baekhyun nudge Chen’s shoulder lightly as he put on his jacket, “Okay then- oh! The deal is still going right ?”

 

Chen swallow his own saliva as he just forced himself to nod his head, “Yes.. yes ofcourse” He said as Baekhyun giggled by himself. “See you tonight then. 8 sharp, okay ?”

 

Chen looks at his bestfriend running under the rain as he stands there, wondering if he is doing the right thing. He sigh and look up at the sky- “Its raining again today” He change his gaze to his side and find Kang Mijoo is standing there- with her gaze locked on the gloomy sky.

 

“The sky looks sad” She said as she turn to him, “-and so are you.. Is everything okay ?”

 

“I’m.. just fine”

 

“Saying you are fine doesn’t mean you are okay, right ?”

 

“I guess”

 

She sigh as she hug her books tightly in her embraced, “Its weird for me, to feels sad whenever it’s rain- but at the same time it makes me happy” She shrugged her shoulder, “I don’t get myself sometimes”

 

“Same goes to me” He said.

 

“Why ?”

 

Chen just let the rain sounds take over the conversation as they two stare in the air, facing the falling rain from the roof. “I’d rather let others to have what makes me happy than myself to have it”

 

“That so nice of you”

 

“But.. what if”, he turns to the girl, “What if I want to keep it all for myself ? Am I.. am I selfish that way ?”

 

The two of them stares at each other for a long time until Chen break their eye contact, “That’s not selfish. You just want what yours” She said softly, as if her voice make a rhythm with the rain. It sounds like music to Chen’s ears.

 

You are mine then.

 

He smiles, didn’t even realized that his shoes already drenched with the rain.

 

 

--

 

 

Its weird how we always meet when its rain and how the rain starts to fall whenever our eyes met.

 

Isn’t it.. a miracle ?

 

                  You.. and me ?

 

 

“Kim Jongdae.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter