fin.

Passage of Time

She’s on her knees now.

Naeun paws her way through the stream, her hands sinking into the sand at the bottom, her white dress floating on top of the water.

Her eyes are fixed downwards, looking for a single moment in the stream, the moment that mattered most.

(The one thing she’s missing.)

-

Jongin looks skywards.

The clouds drift by endlessly and he wonders if it’ll rain soon.

Seoul’s busy streets contrast the stillness of his room.  Nothing ever changes here, it’s like time doesn’t affect his surroundings.  Still the same table, chair, bed, lamp, and him.

His gaze drifts around the room, slowly, before looking back upwards.

(He hopes it won’t rain.)

-

Naeun’s desperate now.

Her search has been for nothing, she can’t find a trace.   There’s nothing left for her.

The water continues to move, and there isn’t much choice for Naeun except to follow.  Once again, she drags herself forward, eyes looking into the water as she searches.

There has to be a clue, has to be something left behind for her.

(Tears start to roll down her cheeks, it’s becoming harder.)

-

It’s a light drizzle.

He can see the droplets on the window.  It saddens him but, he can’t change it.   Can’t wipe the tears of the girl he loves the most.

Jongin wonders if Naeun will ever find him suspended in time.

-

(She doesn’t.)