A New Beginning

The Northern Border
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A New Beginning

            It had been three days since Kyuhyun had arrived at the clinic and still he hadn’t woken from his sleep.  Ryeowook spent most of his days and nights at his side, dressing his wounds and changing his IV, giving him medicine and checking his vitals, but his lover continued to slumber soundly.  The doctors assured him that they were not worried.  He was recovering as expected and should suffer no permanent damage, aside from maybe a scar or two.  But Ryeowook would feel better if Kyuhyun would open his eyes and tell him so himself. 

            On the third night, Ryeowook slept in the chair again, refusing to leave his lover’s side after the rest of the staff left for the day, aside from the doctor.  He only managed to sleep for little over an hour, since the chair was so uncomfortable, and stood up to loosen his stiff muscles.  He walked over to the window and looked out at the snow as it fell, fluffy and white, blanketing the trees and ground.  It felt like the ugliness of the world was erased whenever it snowed—that the snow erased all that had come before it and allowed the earth a chance to start over again—and that is all that Ryeowook wished for in his heart.  All he wanted was another chance with Kyuhyun, just one chance for them to be happy together.

            Ryeowook looked back over at Kyuhyun, who was lying still in the bed.  They’d propped him up, nearly into a sitting position to keep him from rolling onto stomach, where the worst of his cuts were located, aside from a severe bite wound to his right forearm.  He walked back over to the bed and sat down beside Kyuhyun, peeking beneath the blankets to make sure that he wasn’t bleeding through his bandages again as he’d discovered the first night, which sent him into a panic and required them to redo his stitches quickly.  Thankfully, everything looked good and he sighed, content that all was well, and covered up the alpha’s chest again. 

            He was so focused on the bandages, he’d not noticed any movement off to his side until suddenly he felt Kyuhyun cup the side of his face with his uninjured hand and gently angle his head up.  Ryeowook looked up into Kyuhyun’s face with startled eyes, too shocked to say anything. 

            Kyuhyun leaned forward and kissed the little omega.  He carefully brought his injured arm up, cupping both his lover’s cheeks, and kissed him over and over again before finally pulling away.  Ryeowook’s eyes were wet when he opened them and a couple tears escaped down his cheeks. 

            “I missed you,” Kyuhyun confessed.

            “I’ve been here a long time, waiting for you,” Ryeowook said, wrapping his arms around Kyuhyun’s body and crying into his neck. 

            “You don’t have to wait any longer,” Kyuhyun promised, wrapping his good arm around Ryeowook’s shoulder and pulling the omega in against him more. 

            Kyuhyun let his lover cry until he was finished and was merely sniffling before asking anything of him, but he was not done talking to the omega.  There was unfinished business between them and he meant to take care of it as soon as possible.  It had weighed heavily on his mind for far too long. 

            “Ryeonggu.”

            “Hmm?” Ryeowook asked, finally pulling away to look at his lover again. 

            “I think you have probably already heard that I have t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter