Happy Ending

Happy Ending

Joy was only 5 when her father and mother got divorce and he left Joy with her mother, they stayed like that for many years until Joy turn 10 and she saw a man sitting in their living room with other girls around her age. Since that day Joy haven't smile or laugh since her mother stop paying attention to her and focus more on her step sibling, the sisters didn't like Joy much and always try to find trouble for her. Once or twice a week Joy would get whip by her mother without hearing her side of the story, Joy hated her step sisters and never talk to them and avoid them until they all hit High school. They all grew up and became very beautiful girls in their own ways and even still the sisters didn't like Joy still and she was find with it, Joy had two friends from school who knew she's having a hard time at home.

"Why don't you just move out of that house?"

"We can all move in together."

"My mother would never allow it."

"That's true, she needs you to do the house chores."

"Let's go."

Joy went home and put her things away and went to cook herself something to eat since no one is home but their two maid who doesn't care about Joy since she's an outsider to them. The maids loves both Jennie and Jisoo since they have been in that house since the two sisters were born. Cleaning up after herself and doing her own thing around the house even if her mother and step father home and her mother said anything. The December gathering was getting close as it will be all three girls first time going with their parents to the party, Joy wore a long navy dress with her hair wavy, Jennie wore a short white dress with her hair down, Jisoo wore a tan long sleeve dress with wavy hair. the three girls attend the part with their parents as Joy didn't have any to talk with and walked around the building and stumble upon a boy and girl who seems to be her age arguing when they too saw Joy.

"I was lost." said she while starring st them. "Sorry."

Joy quickly turn around and walk back the ways she came from when she found her way back to the ball room and went looking for her mother, sitting down quietly she pay no attention to the speaker when he invited Joy step father to the stage.

"I'll like to let everyone know that from today on we will no longer friends but family. Our family will come together as one, uniting both our families."

"Girls come up here."

Both Jisoo and Jennie look at each other and slowly standing up and notice Joy wasn't standing up.

"Joy honey."

Joy look up and saw everyone starring at her when she heard her step father calling for her to come on stage with her sisters, she turn to look at her mother but she didn't do anything or say anything and just told her to go. 

"These are my daughters. Jisoo, Jennie and Joy."

"Give the girls a round of applause. They seem nervous." he smile as the girls step up. "Welcome girls."

"Boys."

Turn to the left and saw one of the boy standing up and headed towards the stage, he stood next to his father.

"Where your younger brother?"

"He fell ill just now and headed home first father."

"This is my son Ji Won, today is his first time back in Korea in 10 years along with my youngest who isn't here due to him feeling ill."

"Welcome back son."

Sticking his hand out to shake with the young boy.

"Thank you sir."

"Ji Won ah, today I'm going  to announce to our friends and family who your further wife and Hanbin wife will be."

He turn to look at the three girls standing beside each other as he notice Joy was backing away to avoid being put in the spotlight. 

"Father let us have a time to get to know one another better and by the end of this month we will announce who we choose as our bride."

"Father I think thats a good idea as well." Jisoo said and smile at Ji Won. 

"Ok. But I promise this, Our families will become one."

Joy got off the stage first and headed back to her mother and ask to leave, Joy left the building and headed down the street for a taxi to get home. Joy wasn't worry as she knows her step father wouldn't allow Joy to be married to one of his best friend's son before his owns. The next morning Joy work up and cooked breakfast for herself and grab her school bag and headed to the library, she likes staying there as it's quiet and peaceful. Joy didn't go home until it was later at night when she saw a car in front of their house, walking in she notice two boys sitting there with her step father and sisters.

"Joy come join us."

"No thanks. Please excuses me."

After the Kims boys left Jisoo came into Joy room and slap her cross the face and left, Jennie who saw just stood there and smile before leaving as well. Joy grab her sweater and headed out the door and down the street to the store, sitting outside the store she took out her drinks and ice cream and touching her phone when she heard a voice and look up. 

"You?"

"Your Joy right?"

"Why do you ask?"

"I'm suppose to be your husband."

Joy couldn't help but laugh, she pack her things up and walked and way from him. Just as Joy open the door to go in her mother slap her cross the face, she stood there touching her burning cheek.

"Don't you ever do that again when we have guest over. Do you hear me! " Joy mother shouted. 

Joy mother pulled her inside the house and close the door behind her, inside she could see Jisoo and Jennie smirking. 

"Go to your room."

The next morning Joy got up early and headed to school when she saw a car parked on their driveway and came out Ji Won, he smile at Joy and she didn't a knowledge him walking right pass him.

"So that's how you were taught."

Joy turn around.

"Do I know you? Should you matter to me?"

"Ji won."

Ji Won turn around and saw Jisoo by the door.

"Come."

"I'll be there."

Joy turn around and walked out the gate and headed for the bus stop, he went inside and waited for Jisoo and Jennie to get ready before leaving for school. In the car he ask what's wrong with Joy when both sisters look at one another. 

"Joy really isn't our sister,  my dad married her mom so she came with."

"It seems like you guys don't get along?"

"Cause we don't, I don't like her and she's knows it."

"Why do you ask?" 

"Just curious. That's all." 

Joy got to school aND saw the boy from last night again with the girl from the party, she look at them and just walk pass without saying a word. He stare at her and she stare back but got distracted when her friends scared her half to death, she yelled at them before being pull away. 

"Seriously?"

"What?"

"I'm right here and your checking out girls already?"

"I wasn't."

"Your full of crap Kim Hanbin."

Hanbin grab his gf hand and pull her into a hug and held her hand as they walk away together, Ji Won and the two sisters arrive school and went to their own classes. Lunch came around and Jisoo saved space for Ji Won to sit with them when another boy join and Jennie smile grew bigger. 

"Hanbin." she said with a huge smile.

"Hey beautiful."

"I save you a spot." 

"Thanks."

Hanbin and Ji Won sat with the two sisters until lunch was over and headed back to their own classes, Hanbin skip his class and went to hangout with his gf in the field. 

"I saw her sitting and having the biggest smile on her face."

"I don't like her like that."

"Of course you don't, cause if you do I'll kill you."

He smile and kiss her lips.

"I love you. Always remember that. It doesn't matter what happen I'll always come back to my one and only babe."

"Your father better not pick you to married one of those gold digger."

"And what would you do if my father pick me to marry one of them?"

"I'll kill you in your sleep and poison her."

"Damn babe."

"We're bonded together for life."

Jisoo and Ji Won went out later that evening as Jennie didn't have anyone to hangout with and decided to stir up trouble for Joy. Jennie went up to Joy who was washing the dishes and knock on of the cup over the counter and it shatter, Joy looked at Jennie confuse when she smile and pick up a glass to cut her hand and screamed. Joy mother rush in along with Jennie father and saw Jennie on the floor holding her hand.

"Omma, appa."

Jennie said as tears roll down here face, Joy couldn't believe Jennie did that to just frame her. Before Joy could say anything her mother already slap her and start hitting her.

"Why do you have to exist? Why can't you just accept and love Jisoo and Jennie like your real sisters! Why are you so stubborn! You ungrateful kid!"

Jennie smile as tears roll down Joy eyes.

"If I knew you would be like this I would've killed you before you were born."

"Omma please don't hit Joy anymore, it was an accident only."

"No, this is going to far."

Joy mother dragged her outside the house and lock her out there, she bang on the door but no one will answer. 

"Omma! Omma! Please open the door, Omma."

Midnight came around and it was cold as Joy didn't have anything but a shirt and skinny Jean on, sitting outside the door waiting when Jisoo and Ji Won came and saw her.

"She probably did something bad again."

"She looks cold. "

"Don't worry about her,  thank you for sending me home.  I has a lot of fun today. "

"It's my pleasure."

"Have a good night Ji Won."

"You can just call me Bobby."

Jisoo smile and went inside the house and Bobby took of his jacket and cover Joy up, he pick her up in his arms and open the  passenger side door. He turn to look at the sleepy girl in his car and smirk.