Took you long enough!

May be it's our destiny [one-shot]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

       The Air France flight finally landed on Seoul. Hyoyeon, one of the successful fashion designer in Strasbourg,managed to grab her bags and came out of the airport, looking for a cab.

  She sighed contently as she walked, breathing deeply of the fresh outdoor air,"I never thought I would be glad to be back in my home country". Her face hardened, thinking why did she even left Seoul at first place.

   She got inside a cab and apprise her address to the driver, who's around her age. He smiled at her,"Back to Seoul after a long time?". She sighed,"Is it that obvious?". He chuckled and nodded. She smiled at him and turned to look at the blurred view of the city through window.

   She turned to him to ask something but stunned by seeing the magazine at the dashboard. He saw her who's eying the magazine,"You can read it if you want". She asked,"Huhh...The one at the front cover,is he-" 

    She got cut off by driver,"Don't you know him? Ha! Silly me! You are just back to Seoul, how could you know him. He's Luhan, CEO of Xiling group of constructions. Would you believe if I say he's my idol?". She looked at him dumbfounded. Of course she knew that. After all, her father is one of the chairmen of the company.

    He continued,"Both the chairmen of the company didn't know what to do when the firm was almost went bankruptcy. But he is the one who did anything to save his company. Even though he had a rough time, now he's one of the successful CEO around the world. Isn't it great?".

   She tried to smile. Yeah 'did anything'. Is it include breaking up with his girlfriend?

  She leaned on the window and closed her eyes, thinking of the dreadful day which changed her whole life upside down.

Flashback~

   She made her way inside Xiling group of constructions. Smile was glued her face as she was carrying a bouquet of pink tulips and a small box which has a couple bracelets. She straightaway went to Luhan office but only to find it was empty.

   She went to her dad's office,"Evening dad!". Mr.Kim smiled brightly at his daughter,"Hyoyeon! What made you to grace this Old man with your presence?". She rolled her eyes at her dad but smiled nevertheless,"Don't exaggerate dad! Tell me, where's Luhan?". Mr.Kim chuckled,"Guess so! He's in twelfth floor, attending a meeting. Anything important for me to know?"

  Mr.Kim is more like a Best friend to her. She don't remember her mother since her mother died when she was young. 

   She smiled at her dad,"Dad! Don't tell me you forgot what day is today?".Mr.Kim played along,"Oh should I remember? What it is?!". She pouted.Mr.Kim laughed,"Of course I know silly. Today's you and Luhan's one year love anniversary. How could I forget my baby girl's important day?".

   Hyoyeon beamed at him and hugged,"Hahh!I know you would never forget". He patted her head and smiled. Mr. Kim broke the hug as the phone rang. He attended the call and beamed at her,"The meeting got over. Luhan's in his office now". He didn't need to finish as she already exit the room with a big smile on her face.

  She knocked on his door and opened, only to came with a tired looking Luhan. She smiled at him,"Good evening".He eyed her,"Oh, when did you come?".Her heart sank at his greeting but smiled nevertheless,"10 minutes before".

  He asked,"So, what's up? Why did you come all the way here?". Her smile flattered,"Did you forget?". He clicked his tongue and saw the flowers in her hands,"Is today your birthday?".

  Her face hardened,"It's September now. My birthday is on March". He sighed,"Oh is that so? Then what's with the flowers?". She's on the verge of tears,"Do you really forget what day is today?". 

   He stood up from his seat and ran the fingers through his hair,"God! Hyoyeon! It's not time to play! If you want to say you can, otherwise get out. I don't have time for this". Her eyes brimmed with fresh tears,"I..it's our one year love a..anniversary".

   He sighed,"Oh!". She burst out,"Oh? Oh?! Is that all you could say?Look, i know you were busy and you don't have time to spend with me.I know you are no longer interested in me, if I should say 'us'. I could understood by the events of last few weeks".

  He shouted at her,"Oh do you think I should leave all my important works and be with you always?!.Don't be clingy.I never pegged you as the type of one. I've a lot of important deeds to do and you are rather a distraction.I need some time to think and I need space"

   She choked on her tears,"Is this your way of breaking up with me?". He didn't say anything and kept silent. She wiped her tears away and throw the flowers and box at him,"I never want to see your face again. You're an !".

    She made her way to her dad's office and swung opened his door,"D.. Dad!".'Mr.Kim jumped out from his seat, came to his daughter and hugged her,"Alright. You don't need to say anything. Calm down!". She cried her heart out. She gained herself and wiped her tears away,"Dad, I already know about our company situation. The least I could do is helping you. I don't want to be here. I want to pursue my career in Europe. In that way I could help our company financially". 

    He tried to say,"But..". She cut off,"Please dad!". He sighed,"I respect whatever your decision is. I ll book your tickets". She smiled painfully at her dad.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  She jolted awake as the car came to halt at the front of the house.  She smiled and got out of the car. The driver helped her with her luggage. She handed him the fare as he widened his eye at the house. He asked,"A..are you..?". She chuckled,"Yeah, I am Kim seok jin's daughter".

   He astonished,"Woahh!! Then, you'll see Luhan right?". Oh . Back on the square again. He continued,"If you see him, tell him that I am one of the crazy fans of him". She smiled at him and nodded. He doesn't know about our past and she's not planning to disclose it.

    I entered my home with wide smile on my face. Ms.Liau came to the living room as she heard the sound of door opened. "Nannyyyyy!"Hyoyeon shrieked and hugged her.

   Ms.Liau smiled and hugged her back,"You've grown so well dear! How are you?". She smiled,"Awesome".

    Ms.Liau smiled,"Okie dokie! Go to your room and fresh up! I've made all your favourite dishes". Hyoyeon beamed at her and rushed to her room.

    After talking bath and wore comfortable clothes she went to dining table. Since her nanny have already arranged all the things, she smiled at her and started to dig in,"Woahh! Nanny! I missed your food!".

    As she finished eating and made her way to couch, her phone started to ring. She fished out and saw it's her dad. She smiled unknowingly,"Holaaaaa dad!".Mr.Kim chuckled,"Hey princess! How was your journey?".

    " Not bad!  I wished you were here! What are doing in that office when your daughter just returned from France?", she pouted. He chuckled,"I've a meeting to attend, Yeon!". She rolled her eyes.

  "That's why I called you"he said. She had a confused look on her face,"What do you mean?". He stuttered,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter