Say Yes!

Firebird Lover
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Baekhyun was running in the midst of a heavy downpour, holding onto a black umbrella while trying to avoid puddles on the ground that would dirty his school shoes. Shivering, half of his body was already drenched because of the unforgiving, blustering wind that kept on pushing his petite form to the side. The brunette was on his way to his art class to meet with a few of his friends. However, he stopped in the middle of the field when he caught a sight of Park Chanyeol crouching alone under the big tree, hands protectively clutching onto a box on his lap. He looked so sad and pitiful with his soaked uniform and wet hair. He didn’t seem to bother about the bad weather that could make him sick. Sighing, Baekhyun really didn’t want anything to do with that mischievous boy, but he didn’t have the heart to pretend that he didn’t see Chanyeol’s pathetic state right in front of his eyes. He decided to approach the miserable looking boy and shared the umbrella with him.



“Bunny lost her husband,” Chanyeol sorrowfully murmured with trembling lips.



“Bunny?” Baekhyun frowned and peeked inside the mysterious looking box situated on Chanyeol’s lap. There was a white cat meowing back at him. The cat was in a dry and warm condition, all thanks to the giant.



“Sheep died today, someone poisoned him,” Chanyeol sobbed while wiping his awfully scrunched face with the back of his palm. He was determined to maintain his cool composure in front of Baekhyun, but this time, he just couldn’t. Who had the heart to poison an innocent, adorable cat?



“Stop crying, Sheep…is in heaven now, you can take Bunny home if you think she’ll become lonely at school,” Baekhyun said while chewing on his bottom lip. The air was so cold; he was shuddering relentlessly while firmly gripping on the holder of his umbrella, but at the same time he also had to cover Chanyeol from the harsh rain. Seriously, who in the right mind would call his cats Sheep and Bunny?
 


“I can’t touch or hug her so much since I’m allergic, I will get rashes. So how am I going to love her properly? If you love someone, you will be showering them with a lot of kisses, right?” Chanyeol pouted, eyes hopelessly droopy as he stared up at Baekhyun.



“Bunny refuses to eat and look so sad, I don’t know what to do. I can’t even bring her home. Some of my dad’s workers might catch her and cook her for dinner,” Chanyeol said with a very horrified expression marring his forlorn face.



“Fine, I’ll help you take care of Bunny. Only until you find someone that wants to adopt her,” Baekhyun grumbled. ‘How is this dumb looking boy is a ing genius in math?’ He remembered how Sehun always whined whenever he’s trying to beat Park Chanyeol‘s perfect scores in their math tests every month. Baekhyun shrugged. He knew that Chanyeol was exaggerating about eating the poor cat part, but a crying Chanyeol was terribly annoying and slowly pricked his soft heart.



“Thank you!” Chanyeol quickly stood up and shoved the box into Baekhyun’s hands in enthusiasm. He beamed brilliantly before grabbing the umbrella from the older boy's grip and helped to cover both of them from the never-ending rain.



“Where are you going?” Baekhyun asked when he felt Chanyeol gently pushed him to move forward from his standing spot.



“Your house, of course, I want to look at Bunny’s new home. Let’s go to your Papa's house, Bunny," Chanyeol cooed at the white cat that was attempting to climb out from the box.



"Papa?" Baekhyun frowned while struggling to balance the large box in his hands.



"Yes, you're her Papa now, I’m her Daddy," Chanyeol stated as a matter-of-factly, casually smiling while trying to squeeze both of them under the small umbrella. "Come closer or you’ll get wet, Hyung,” Chanyeol whispered, leaning down to Baekhyun’s ear.



Baekhyun flinched when he felt Chanyeol’s warm hand on his shoulder, pulling their bodies closer. There were very little spaces left between their bodies that Baekhyun’s back was pressed against Chanyeol’s hard chest. The temperature around them was icy cold, but Baekhyun felt so hot. He was blushing furiously. They were even breathing in sync, chest rising up and down together. 
 

 

---


 

“I didn’t know that you already agreed to date Park Chanyeol,” Sehun wolf-whistled and padded away from Baekhyun’s room.

“Who said that? I don’t have any sort of special relationship with him,” Baekhyun screamed with bulging eyes. Sehun was trying to destroy his mood so early in the morning. 

“But your boyfriend is standing right in front of our house, saying that he wants to see his Bunny,” Sehun cackled while swiftly running down the stairs. 

“Park Chanyeol is here? He’s not my boyfriend! B-bunny is the name of his cat, not me!” Baekhyun hollered, briskly trying to get up from his bed, mentally praying that he could quickly shove Chanyeol away from his house before he met with his mother. Groaning, Baekhyun knew he was too late when he heard his mother’s high pitched voice welcoming Park Chanyeol inside their house. Just great! 

“Whoa! You’re quite handsome for our Baekhyun. That potato doesn't deserve such Prince Charming-looking boyfriend like you!” Mrs. Byun cooed while pulling Chanyeol to join her for breakfast at the dining table. 

“Too late, Mom has already taken him into hostage,” Sehun murmured, pushing the bewildered looking Baekhyun that was only in his boxer shorts into the kitchen area. 
 

 

---


 

It was the final’s week but Baekhyun enjoyed his free time reading books while sitting on his favorite bench nonetheless, with Park Chanyeol hell-bent on looking after him, offering him his useless protection as Baekhyun sat under the huge tree, meanwhile the taller stood behind the bench at the exact same spot for weeks. Baekhyun smiled when he saw Chanyeol began reading his own book too. Maybe he was bored because he couldn’t play with Bunny the cat anymore.



Park Chanyeol would silently follow Baekhyun like his shadow. They always walked tog

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter