Couple Interview

A Collection of Short Darahae Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SITUATION:  Sandara Park and Lee Donghae's first Question & Answer segment as a couple as shown in DaraTV.                                                                                                                                                                                                         

DARA TV

10/15/2017  EPISODE

"DARAHAE ANSWERS COUPLE QUESTIONS"

 

TEASER

FADE IN:

 

INT. WHITE ROOM – DAY

 

CAMERA PANNING ACROSS SANDARA AND DONGHAE'S CURIOUS FACES AS THEY ENTER THE SET WITH TWO MONOBLOC CHAIRS FACING EACH OTHER IN THE CENTER OF THE ROOM AND A NOISE-CANCELLING HEADPHONE ON TOP OF ONE OF THE CHAIRS. THE PD ASKS THEM TO SIT DOWN.

 

DARA

 What's this?

 

 

DONGHAE

 

              I have no idea. I thought you

              said we were going to do the

              boyfriend does your make-up

              video?

 

 

DARA

 

              They lied to me, baby.

 

 

GUEST HOST

 

              Today you're going to be answering

              couple questions.

 

 

DARA

           Do we get time to read the questions

so we'll know how to answer? No? Then,

I'm screwed. (laughs)

 

 

DONGHAE

 

Babe, you're going to be okay. Just

say what comes to your mind first, okay?

We'll be fine. (smiles)

 

 

DARA

 

(whispers) Okay. I love you.

 

 

DONGHAE

 

(smiles mischievously) I couldn't

hear you. Would you repeat that please?

 

 

                            FADE OUT.

 

END OF TEASER

 

 

 

 

ACT ONE

 

 

FADE IN:

 

INT. WHITE ROOM – DAY

 

DARA

 

What's this? I was told we were going to do the makeup shoot today.

 

 

DONGHAE

 

There's nothing in this set, babe.

 

 

DARA

 

I could see that. There has to be some mistake. PD-nim, was I supposed to bring my own resources? I was under the impression that this would be taken care of by the sponsors.

 

 

PD

 

That was a bit of a stretch, to be honest. We thought it would be good if we do another thing.

 

 

DARA

 

They lied to me, baby.

 

 

 

PD

 

Today you're going to be answering couple questions.

 

 

 

DONGHAE

 

Oh no. I didn't sign up for this. (laughs)

 

 

DARA

 

Do we get time to read the questions so we'll know how to answer?

 

 

PD

 

Questions will be given to you on the spot but you can take your time answering. A lot of your followers were requesting this type of video following the public announcement of your relationship.

 

 

DARA

So no? Then I'm screwed. (laughs) Are you going to be fine with this? You even cancelled your studio recording today.

 

 

DONGHAE

 

(nods and shakes his head consecutively) I'm sure the Jinoo and the guys are fine with it. We're in the final stages of the new album anyway.

 

 

DARA

 

Okay, if you say so. I'm actually nervous. What if I blank out? Remember that time I totally froze on the screen when I didn't know what to answer on live television?

 

DONGHAE

 

Babe, you're going to be okay. Just say what comes to your mind first, okay? We'll be fine. (smiles)

 

 

 

 

DARA

 

(whispers) Okay. I love you.

 

 

 

DONGHAE

 

(smiles mischievously) I couldn't hear you. Would you repeat that please?

 

 

DARA

 

Oh,shut up. (giggles)

 

 

PD (behind-the-scenes)

 

Okay, let's start. One of you covers his/her ears with the headphones and we'll ask a question we picked from an online thread we sent out on Twitter a few days ago.

 

 

DONGHAE

 

I'll be the one wearing the headphones first.

 

 

DARA

 

Why not me?

 

 

DONGHAE

 

This is your channel. You get to answer first. (teases and wears the headphones)

 

 

DARA

 

(sighs) Well, let's get this over with.

 

 

PD

 

First question from @vjdec_: What is your first impression of your partner?

 

 

DARA

 

He was really young back then. I remembered him as that handsome youngster who kept on trying to take care of me that time another one of our friends brought me to introduce me to his friends from SM. Hae was one of those SM trainees our friend introduced me too. I just flew in to Korea to check out what being a YG trainee was like. Back then I thought maybe he'd forget about that first hangout once he debuts. He didn't, fortunately. (laughs)

 

Anyway, I had a boyfriend in the Philippines back then and I didn't really think much of Donghae's kind gestures to me that day. I just remembered that he was very handsome and extremely enthusiastic. (laughs again)

 

 

DONGHAE

 

A friend brought her along with him to introduce her to us and the first time I laid my eyes on her, I immediately thought she was younger than us because she looked so pretty and so small. I must admit I did like her on sight. (grins) I started to act like her oppa. Our friend noticed that I was fawning over her so he became suddenly overprotective and even told me off. That was how I knew she was older and taken. It didn't stop me from asking for her CyWorld though. (hoots bashfully) Ah, that has been more than a decade ago.

 

 

PD

Second question from @1plus1equalsLOVE is: What was your first date like?

 

 

DARA

I think he'd answer this differently! (laughs) It was back in 2013, almost a decade since we first knew each other. I was busy with 2NE1's Missing You promotions but he called me randomly and asked if I wanted to hang out with him at this park near Seongsu Bridge. I found it weird at first. Why would he call to ask to hang out in the park in the middle of winter? (smiles fondly at him who was humming to Ed Sheeran's Shape of You playing on the headphone)

Little did I know after he took photos of me happily posing in the park, he'd ask if we could eat because he was getting hungry. He already bought some dukbokki for us to eat in the car and asked me how our date was going so far. (laughs) I didn't even know it was a date already until he said it was. He never forgot that and he still brings it up when he wants to make me feel guilty sometimes.

 

 

DONGHAE

Our first date? Ah, I could never forget how our first date went because she didn't even realize I asked her out on a date then! (shakes his head) I remembered her telling me she was dating this guy for about a few months and it didn't work out so they decided to only be friends. Being the sensitive guy that I wanted myself to be, I waited for around three months to finally get the courage to ask her out.

I was on my day off that winter day and I called her, hoping that it was hers too. Luckily, she was free that day. I picked her up just a few blocks from her place because that's just how it is in the idol world—Anyway, we went to a park where we played like kids. Ended up taking a few photos of her to upload on her SNS. I think I took around a hundred photos then...she wouldn't stop posing. (complains but grins at the end)

I remembered her telling me once that she'd only do car dates with guys she's seeing so I decided to give her that. We had fun in the park but I pretended to act hungry so we could talk in the car. I already bought dukbokki and as she was eating some, I asked her how our date was going so far. She looked lost and confused when I asked and that made me realize that she didn't know it was a date then. She said, "I didn't know we were having a da

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter