1/?

Captured

 

"Please Minseok, do this for me. Just this once," the voice on the other line pleaded. Photographer Zhang never pleads. Never. So Minseok was quite surprise when he heard the desperation and begging on his sunbae's voice.

He sighed and tried to organize his thoughts.His mind can't still quite comprehend everything that was going on. It was 5 o'clock in the morning when the non-stop ringing of his phone woke him up. 

"Hello, Minseok?" the voice on the other line said. The voice was familiar. Minseok knew that he heard it somewhere for so many times but it's too early for his mind to think about it and he's too annoyed to even care.

"Yeah? Who's this?" Minseok answered after a few seconds, voice full of annoyance. He's ready to murder the person who bother him with his sleep. He didn't even bother to check who the hell was calling him when it's just five ing o'clock in the morning. Heck! He didn't even bother to open his eyes. All he wanted was to go sleep peacefully. Just sleep. 

"This is Zhang Yixing," the man said plainly.

Minseok immediately opened his eyes and sat straight when the name registered. Zhang Yixing. Zhang Yixing. China's most in-demand photographer. Top paid photographer in China and Korea. And most importantly, he's Minseok's coach, trainer, senior and basically he's boss. 

"Sunbae!" Minseok said accompanied by a nervous chuckle. "I ... I didn't know that you have my number." Awkward laugh. 

Minseok hear the other man sighed,

"Look Minseok, I know it's too early and I'm sorry for callling but I really need your help." Exhaustion was evident on the latter's voice. Maybe they just wrapped up a photoshoot. 

"Anything, sunbae." His voice came out a little bit cheerful than normal.  He was grateful that his boss did not get mad at him for being rude earlier. Photographer Zhang was known for having a really short temper.

"Good." Even though Minseok couldn't see him, he knew that there's a small smile plastered on his sunbae's face right now. "I will need you to be my replacement for later's photoshoot."

And Minseok almost fell from his bed.

 

He asked if he heard his boss right. Maybe he's just hearing things or his mind was just making up stuff. Maybe this is just a dream. No, no. Not a dream but a nightmare. He shook his head. 

But to his horror the latter just repeat the exact words that he said earlier.

"But sunbae," Minseok scratched his head. He tried to protest albeit weakly. 

"I ... I don't think I can do this," he said in a low voice. It's not that Minseok didn't want to do it, the problem was he didn't think he can. Besides, he  was just a newbie in the photography industry. He was just hired two weeks ago, just two ing weeks ago. 

He heard Photographer Zhang coughed.

Minseok felt a bubble of guilt in his chest. "I'm sorry, sunbae."

There's a silence in the other line for a few seconds. 

"Minseok," the tone of his boss's voice changed from begging to authoritative now. He's clearly annoyed and obviously not taking a 'no' as an answer and Minseok didn't like it. The way the former called his name sent shivers in his spine. "I don't care if you think that you cannot do it. I need you to do it and that's final," Photographer Zhang said and the line went dead, so was Minseok. Damn!

His phone buzzed after a few minutes and Minseok jumped in surprise. He opened the message and saw that it is from his sunbae telling him about the details about the photoshoot, the location, the time etc. Minseok knew that there's something missing in the details but he tried to ignored it since he must calm his self first. He sighed in defeat and forced himself to get up. It's a do or die situation.

It took him almost an hour in the shower because he needed to have some pep talk to calm himself. He checked his phone and saw another text from his senior.

 

From: Yixing-sunbae

Minseok-ah! This will be your first project. Do it and do well. I believe in you. You learned from the best aka me so I know that you can do it.

P.S: Sorry if it's really so sudden. I'm just really sick right now,

 

He chuckled as he read it. In the short period that they knew each other, Minseok already knew that his sunbae might be tough most of the times but really a cutie in the inside.

He typed an "it's okay sunbae. thank you! i'm still nervous but i'll do it ㅠㅠ get well soon as a reply. He's happy that photographer Zhang trusted him at the same time he was nervous because what if he cannot really do it? What if he ed this up? What if the model and the company won't like his shots?

What if ...Wait? Speaking of model. Who's the model? He re-read his sunbae's message about the details of the photoshoot. 

 

From: Yixing-sunbae

What: Cartier Photoshoot 2016

Where: 3rd flr. 106-16 Cheongdam-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, South Korea 

When: Today, 9am sharp

Our team will be there so don't worry, they will set all the equipments. Just bring your camera and yourself.

 

He sent him a message asking who but the latter didn't reply. Minseok shrugged and just packed his camera and hopefully some sense of confidence.

He'll know when he get there.

 

 

 

Kyungsoo internally panicked as he read photographer Zhang's message. This was the first time that the latter could not make it to work so Kyungsoo can't stop himself from panicking especially their model was no other than Luhan. Great. Just great!

He rolled his eyes and tried to calm himself afterwards. 

"Chanyeol!" he called his tall co-worker who was busy adjusting the lights for later's photoshoot. He cannot be stress alone. He need someone to vent his frustrations, he said to himself. The Chanyeol guy immediately left what was he doing when he heard his name being called by the sweetest voice he heard. He rushed on Kyungsoo's side, almost knocking down some equipments in the process. Fortunately, there were some other staffs who where there to prevent the disaster.

Kyungsoo shot the taller guy his deadly glare but Chanyeol just chuckled as he latched himself on Kyungsoo. 

"What do you need baby?" Chanyeol said sweetly, right hand wrapped on Kyungsoo's shoulder which was immediately removed by the latter. 

"Awww." Chanyeol cooed. "My baby is in the bad mood right now."

"Stop it, Chanyeol. Stop with your stupid endearments!" Kyungsoo fumed. He was already stress about his job, he didn't need additional stress.

Chanyeol looked at him with a sad expression, he even looked like a kicked puppy. If Kyungsoo was really not in the bad mood right now he might feel a little bit guilty for the words that he said. But now was not the right time for that. "Yixing-hyung can't make it today."

He chose to change topic as he couldn't bear the look that Chanyeol was giving him. And that did the trick, as Chanyeol's eyes turned wide and his expression turned into a panic one.

"What? But we need him here!" Chanyeol immediately said as realization hit him. 

"I just received a message from him. He said that he's really sick right now so he can't come but he sent Minseok as a replacement," Kyungsoo explained, frowning.

"What? Yixing-hyung sent an amateur as his substitute?!" Chanyeol almost yelled but immediately shushed himself as some of the crew looked at him with a scandalous look.

Kyungsoo was also shocked himself. When he read their senior photographer's message he thought that he just read it wrong. But no matter how many times he read it, the same words flashed in his phone's screen. "And I need you to tell Luhan and his team about it. They were still not informed about this."

"No Sherlock."

Chanyeol immediately tried to walked away but before he could even completely distanced himself with the smaller boy, Kyungsoo was already holding him back, smiling creepily at him. And Chanyeol did not like that smile.

"Do this for me, baby. Please."

And Chanyeol just lost it.

 

 

 

 

Luhan paced back and forth. It was already 9:05 am and he was really becoming impatient. This was the first time that his photoshoot was delayed because the photographer was late.

Really? Yixing was never the type to be late. Of all people, he knew that Luhan hated delays. He could not waste his precious time. His schedule was really hectic so he could not waste any minute.

Someone knocked on the door of his dressing room. His manager, Junmyeon, mumbled a soft "Come in" and a staff approached them slowly. He's tall, lanky and albeit his height, he seemed so clumsy.

His expression was careful and he looked so nervous. "What is it?" Luhan asked, annoyed. "Is Photographer Yixing finally here?" 

"U-uhmm. A-about that, M-mr. Lu," the staff stuttered, his eyes were trained on the ground. "P-photographer Z-zhang can't m-make it t-today." 

Luhan looked at the staff with a scandalous looked in his face, "What?! What do you mean he can't make it today?" He asked, his voice raising. 

"Am I here for nothing?! Don't you know who I am?!" The staff visibly flinched and from the way his shoulders were shaking, he could sense that it was about to cry. Junmyeon stand from his seat and patted Luhan in his shoulders trying to calm him down. 

Luhan slumped in his chair, frown evident in his face.

How dare them make me,  Luhan, China's one and only top model, wait for nothing? They are wasting my precious time. This is really unbelievable, Luhan thought.

Junmyeon left his side and talked to the staff, "So is this photoshoot cancelled or Mr. Zhang sent a replacement?" He asked calmly to avoid making the poor staff suffer from a nervous breakdown.

"He s-sent a replacement. Mr. K-kim is already on his way, h-he's one of Mr. Z-zhang's trainees. We're sorry for the d-delay." The staff answered and immediately excuse himself.

Luhan cringed when he heard the word "trainee". 

"What the actual ," he said. "What the hell is Yixing thinking? Why would he let an amateur do this shoot? Is he out of his mind?" Junmyeon shot him a warning glare and typed something on his phone.

Luhan scoffed and rolled his eyes. Luhan continued to whined about Yixing sending an amateur for a minute when Junmyeon looked at him with a knowing look.

"He sent Mr. Kim Minseok."

And that shut Luhan's mouth.

 

---

A/N: I added some parts since I felt that this part is so short. And to all those who read this, thank you so much guys! I am really overwhelmed with the amount of attention that this story is getting. I'm really happy ㅠㅠ