"it reminded me of you"

hundred ways to say i love you

sunggyu was running an errand for his sister who is planning to throw a birthday party for her daughter but got caught up with preparing and baking all sorts of cookies and cakes. she said it requires a lot of attention as the kid is very very keen on having a cinderella themed cake.

"make sure the balloons are all baby blue, not dark blue, not even turqoise but baby-'

"okay, okay i get it noona. geez cut me some slack, it is not easy to find 50 balloons sold in the shade of colour" sunggyu retorts

"i know, i know. i just want this to be a really great birthday for her, after the divorce and stuff."

"alright, okay I'm sorry. I'll look around for a bit. bye noona."

sunggyu hung up his phone. it is really is hard to locate certain stuff for his niece's birthday party, but he also doesn't want to dissapoint his niece after all she had been through as a child who lost her father to another woman.

he continued to roam around a gift shop to find a nice birthday present for his niece when he came across a giant colourful unicorn plushie. sunggyu let out a soft chuckle and decided to buy it.

trying to put it in his car was chaotic as he had to squeeze the plushie into filling whatever space is available. he went to his niece's birthday party and gave his present to her. he had a great time and decided to go back to his apartment.

sunggyu fumbled with his keys in front of the door when his girlfriend opened the door only to be very surprised by the very large object sunggyu was holding.

"what the hell is that?" she asked then immediately gasped out of happiness when she saw what the object really was.

"it reminded me of you. see? it looks just like you" sunggyu said as he walked in into his aparment and handling the plushie to her.

"awww, it's so cute, and soooo fluffy." she said and hugged the said object. sunggyu just watched his girlfriend who seemed very occupied with the unicorn.

"don't i get a thank you kiss for buying you that?" she stopped whatever she's doing and ran over to sunggyu, tip toeing to peck his cheek but sunggyu was fast enough to grasp her face and pulling her into a proper kiss.

they stayed like that for a while until she ended the kiss, eyes full of adoration for him.

"you're so sweet sometimes."

"why? you don't like me being sweet?" sunggyu asked

"no, not really. just not trying to get used to it too much cus you hardly do stuff like this" she said and begin dragging the unicorn to her office in the apartment.

"so what did you get minsoo as her birthday present?" she yelled across the room then walking back out to where sunggyu is.

"oh, i just got her a sleeping beauty tea set"

she gasped and said "she's gonna be so pissed at you"

"well i can't help it, i was to occupied with you to remember what's her favorite disney princess"

 

-