"no, no, it's my treat"

hundred ways to say i love you

byul and sunggyu had been going out since their senior year of high school. unfortunately, they weren't destinied to go the same university, which is fine because as sungggu said 'absence makes the heart grow fonder'.

or maybe because it only take him two stops using the subway to meet each other.

it was just another ordinary weekend where both of them decided to spent their time together...in the library doing assignments and studying for the next week's test.

byul was not in the studying mood as she was stuck with a complex physiology question. if she was not in a library, she would have screamed out of stress like a mad man, or a mad woman.

sunggyu, who noticed his girlfriend's change of mood decided to put down his script on an old murder case and asked byul, "you okay?"

"no, this subject is killing me." byul exclaimed while putting her head on the table.

"wanna get out here? it's been 4 hours. you could use some fresh air." sunggyu suggested.

"i'm glad you asked. i can't spend another minute in here." she said while putting her books in her back.

"okay, anything for you drama queen." sunggyu chuckled and got up from his seat. both of them made their way out of the library and went to the nearest cafe.

what they didn't realise is, that it is a high end cafe, where everything costs an arm and leg. okay maybe not that expensive, but hey, they are both college students. which means both of them are struggling...financially, like any other students.

sunggyu could still pay for his meal since his monthly allowance from his parents is still enough for another week, but not for byul. god knows what kind of makeup product she spent on all her monthly allowance.

you might be wondering, why wouldn't sunggyu pay for his girlfriend's food? is he that stingy? that is so not gentleman-like.

again, he's just another financially struggling college student.

"why didn't you order the shrimp paella, i thought you've been dying to taste it?" sunggyu inquired.

"it's too expensive, there's still 3 more days until next month. so i guess I'll just eat whatever's affordable" byul said, with a solemn look on her dainty face.

it was taking quite a while for the food tp arrive so sunggyu excused himself to the toilet, but instead he went to the waiter to order the shrimp paella. byul, who was immersed in a game on her phone was completely oblivious to whatever's happening.

ten minutes later the food arrived and to her complete surprise, there was a plate of the amazing looking dish placed in front of her. she couldn't even say anything to the waiter as she was so dumbfounded.

"gyu, did you order this?" byul asked and sunggyu just simply nodded.

"baby you know i can't afford this this month. are you trying to starve me for the next couple days?"

"no, no, it's my treat"

and if byul was surprised before, she was shocked because she didn't expect sunggyu to treat her the dish she have been dreaming about. byul looked like she could cry from happiness.

"sunggyu, you're the best boyfriend ever. and i mean it."

"let's dig in then, shall we?" sunggyu said and smiled fondly at his adorable girlfriend.

they say to win a man's heart is through his stomach. but sunggyu think it's supposed to be 'to win byul's heart is through a shrimp paella from an expensive cafe."

 

-

welcome subscribers and thank you :D