Part 3

All you need is me

The last year of college went by swiftly. The next thing Haru knows is that she's sitting on a chair with her batchmates on her graduation day. Though it seems very impossible, Jiho graduated college with her. She still couldn't fathom what kind of cramming he did to finish all his requirements when all she can remember he does is playing games and going out and having fun. Nevertheless, she's happy he got back on his feet and achieved something great in his life. 

Jiho's name was called on stage and she almost felt like tearing up when she saw him climb the stairs and flashed that arrogant smile on his face. His eyes darted to hers which threw her off the edge. Suppressed squeals from girls came out when he threw a wink at her direction which she replied with a grimace. Jiho chuckles as he walks his way down the stage and unto his seat. 

Haru felt her phone vibrate. She received a message from Jiho 'Not impressed, huh?'

'Why should I?'  she typed while sporting a straight face, aware that he's looking at her direction. 

Haru feels her heart thumping so loudly. She's been ignoring this feeling for a while now but now she can't seem to ignore it anymore since Jiho has been bluntly hitting up on her for the past few weeks. She silently thanked the heavens for sitting a bit far from Jiho. If not, she worries he might have noticed how he makes her feelings stir right now. 

The ceremony ended after a long while. Haru does not really remember much of it after what Jiho made to her. The picture of him on stage replays to her mind all throughout the ceremony and the next thing she knew, it was over. She took some photos with her friends before Jiho fetches her from her seat. Haru's heart began beating so fast and loud she worried he might be able to hear it. She tries to bat it away like a million times she's done it; rolling her eyes and playing a short-tempered on him, which he finds cute. 

Both their parents met them outside the venue. Haru's parents with her little brother arrived just a few hours before the ceremony started, which she does not expect at all. They have been living in Japan for the last 4 years and she decided to stay to finish her studies and later on join them. Jiho's parents were there as well, looking proudly at their son with much affection they always had for him. They congratulated the two and took pictures together. 

Jiho insisted on driving as their families went out for dinner together making Haru notice how he's been acting a lot weird lately. 

She can't stop staring at Jiho while driving, trying hard to figure out what was behind his unusual actions.