Part 2

All you need is me

Weeks have passed since Haru brought Jiho to the hospital. She only get to visit him several times and during the night only because of school and internship. Everything seems to be going harder for her as well with all the pressure the school and Haru's family pass onto her especially now that she is about to graduate from college. Workloads and deadlines are everywhere making her barely even sleep. She spends nights and days and most of her hours, if not in the office or classroom, in coffee shops finishing requirements. 

Haru sits at the leftmost table of the coffeeshop. Heaps of papers sprawled all accross the table and her 3rd cup of coffee fully cooled down. She types eagerly on her laptop not wanting to let all her ideas slip away from her mind. She has been writing a short novel as a requirement for her class. She just finished her last chapter and fumbled over her cup with a slight satisfaction on her face when she realized her phone is vibrating. She searched for it through piles of scattered papers on the small table. The vibration stopped just when she got her hands on the phone. She's got two missed calls from one of her classmates, five text messages, and six missed calls from Jiho. She looked at her watch and realized she has been at the coffeeshop for more than five hours. She was supposed to drive Jiho back to his apartment because his brother had an exam that day. Haru immediately gathered up all her things and sent Jiho a message that she's on her way. 

Haru stopped by at the convenience store at the ground floor of the hospital to buy some chocolates for herself and got one for Jiho as well. Her phone keeps buzzing inside her pocket but she ignores it, quite sure it was his annoying and impatient best friend who only seems to know is to always get in trouble. She climbs in the elevator infront of her as soon as its doors opened but before it closed its gap, a girl in a tight fitting spaghetti strap dress riding the elevator accross her almost made her smirk.

She couldn't seem to think of a way for this girl to know what happened to Jiho unless he contacted her himself, which is almost impossible. But you could do even the most embarrassing things when you're weak and sick. Whatever. She thought to herself and darted towards Jiho's room, slightly cautious in case some uninvited soul was inside. When all she could hear from outside is Jiho's screams and sound effects of some games from his phone, her annoyance was revived. 

Jiho almost shrieked when she stomped the door open. 

"What the --! Ey, what took you so long? Are you that busy? Why don't you set your priorities right?" He continously rambled as you throw him the bag of chocolates you got. He quickly got up to catch it and munched on it right away.

"Why don't YOU get your together and live a peaceful life for once!? Stop bothering people around you. I also have a life, you know! I'm not even your lackey! I'd appreciate it if you stop ordering me around." She's quite not sure why but her mood suddenly became terrible that she couldn't even stand talking to him. 

He stares at her confidently and continues chewing something as if throwing a fit on him is the most natural thing. 

"Are you on your period?" He asks then laughed at himself. He even find himself amusing at a time like this. 

Haru turns her back on him and darted towards the door. "Get the up and let's go." 

Jiho gets up instantly and threw his arms on her shoulders while walking out of the hospital room.