Chapter 2

The Art Of Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

New Guy

I woke up in my room on my bed. How did I get here? Where did the guy went? Nothing added up I was still a bit intoxicated and dizzy. I had so many questions running through my head but, I realized that my mom could walk in any second, I stumbled around my room to throw books onto my desk, opened a random page and grabbed a paper and pencil so it looked like I was studying. I threw off my bag and shoved it in the back of my closet. I jumped onto my chair and began copying random things from the book onto the paper so it would seem like I was studying. Thirty minutes later mom barged into the room and stared at me. I tried my best to look natural, but some of the alcohol was still in me.

“Come here.” She demanded in a stern voice, her hands where balled up and she looks very unhappy, I already knew that she knows. I got slowly off my chair, and tried my best to walk as straight as possible. I stopped when I was face to face with her, my palms began to sweat and her dark glare was frightening.

“What are you doing?” She simply asked.

I gulped. I really don’t want to answer her because she would smell the alcohol from my breath. The more I stood there not knowing what to do, the angrier she got. “Jieun! What are you doing?”

“Studying.” I mumbled under my breath so she wouldn’t be able to smell my breath.

“Jieun!” Her voice with more stern and commanding this time. I started to shake slightly, but I didn’t want to show her weakness so I continue to stand my ground. “Jieun, do you think I’m a fool?” She asked me. I was confused on what she was talking about.

I backed up slightly so she wouldn’t smell my breath, then answered, “No.”

She chuckled a bit and headed towards my closet. I bit down on my lips, hoping she wouldn’t find the bag with the flask in it. “Well then, I would like to ask you this. Why did you want to move away from Uijeongbu?” Her hand was on the doorknob of my closet.

I was really confused when she all of a suddenly said that, but then I realize, she doesn’t actually know about the flask. I chuckled a bit, “You want to know why?” I smirked a bit, “I wanted to move because there was nothing for me there!”

“Do you want to know what I think? I think that you wanted to move so you can hide your dirty little secret!” She sounded so sure of herself, but I had no idea what she was talking about.

“What the hell, where did you get that from?” I simply asked her.

“You were hiding him!” She held up a picture of Baekhyun and I. All of a sudden, I became nervous, not because she found out about Baekhyun, but because I was afraid of him.

I up my fear and answered her. “So, you already know about him.”

“Yes, I did, but I didn’t know you knew him, for god sake I didn’t even let you be friends with him, but you… YOU! DATED HIM!” She sounded pissed. I understood why though since she forbids me to date anyone that is not “intelligent” but I don’t give a two damn s on what she wanted, I hated her. But the woman to dumb to figure out anything.

 “Yes, I did date him, but after I found out how troubled he was, we broke up.” I said in the sincerest voice I could. “I’m sorry, I didn’t tell you before, I was so ashamed and embarrassed.” I tried my best to look ashamed so I f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter