Chapter 1

The Art Of Moving On
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their Disappearance

I stare at a picture frame in a box, the picture frame had a girl in it, name Jieun like mines. She looks exactly like me, to the same pale skin, little cheek bones, bright smile, and long black hair, but there is something different about her. She looks happy, she looks like herself. She wears a black dress with rose petals and it stops at her knees, the same dress that I had until I left it in Uijeongbu. Across from her picture there is a picture of her with this boy. The boy looks exactly like the other boy on a missing poster, the boy in the missing poster sign was named Byun Baekhyun. The two seem very fond of each other, he was smiling in the photo, she sits in front of him on the couch while he stands behind her. I sigh as I knew both, but they both went missing, he disappeared and a few weeks later she also disappeared. I close up the cardboard box while wrapping my mind of how they use to be, then shoving the box in the bottom of my closet. I walk towards my bed where my phone lay and it’s beeping constantly. Staring at my phone, I notice that Jiyeon has been texting me nonstop. I envy her life every day, she is a sweet girl with a heart of gold, she didn’t have to pretend to be someone she’s not and she believes in something called love. She is the total opposite of me.

Jiyeon: Hey!!!!!

I chuckle as I see how positive she was, I really don’t understand how I am actually friends with her, she has such a bright attitude that annoys me sometimes. But like always nobody knows that because I hide my true ways under my mask. I took a deep breath.

Me: Hiiiii!

After I replied I threw my phone onto my chair, but of course I missed, it landed on the ground with a piece of paper that it took with it when hit accidently hit my table. My phone went off again. I rolled my eyes, why does she reply so quickly, collapsing on my bed and shutting my eyes I listen to my sister music from the other side of the wall, and the clanking of pans from downstairs. My phone went off again, but it wasn’t a text, it was a call. I rolled my eyes once again, then tumbling on the floor to retrieve my phone. I glanced at my phone, it read Miss Call From Jiyeon. I cleared my throat, and called Jiyeon back.

“Hi!” I greeted with the most positive voice I had, since I’m not in much of a good mood today, and hoping she not able to hear that I’m not in a good mood today.

“Hey!” She greeted back, I can just imagine how she looks right now, long brown hair, in her OOTD about to go out with her boyfriend Jaebum, you can just feel her smile through the phone.

“What’s with the call all of a sudden?” I asked in a questioning tone, as if I really cared even though all I want to do right now, is to get some peace and quiet and clear my head.

I can hear her laugh awkwardly through the phone before she answered. “Oh, you see.” She sounded very unsure as if she doesn’t know what to exactly say. “You sound and is kind of acting like you are not in a good mood right now, so…”

Before I could let her even finish, I blurted. “What are you talking about? I’m okay, I’m truly great right now!” I attempted to sound as happy as possible, but I really wasn’t.

“Great! Because I was wondering if you want to go out with me and Jae, because we would really like some company.” When telling Jiyeon I was great, I guess it sparked an excitement in her, since she stopped being awkward.

OH MY GOSH! What have I gotten myself into? I did not want to go out and I had enough of positivety for a day! “Uhhhh….” I had to figure out and excuse for me not to go. Anything I just don’t want to go right now! I wanted to scream NO! But I couldn’t, I had no excuses.

“Hello?” Jiyeon sounded impatient, she was waiting for me to answer. But I couldn’t say anything.

“Ummm… A-a-are you sure you want me to go?” I was unsure what to say, I don’t want to hurt her feeling and I truly don’t want to be another third wheel.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter