It Was You

Meant To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[A/N]: IM SORRY I TOOK LIKE 999 YEARS TO UPDATE

-----

I'm full," Youngjae said as he yawned, stretching a singular arm outward, using his other to pat his fufilled stomach. The waiter dropped the receipt onto the table, the boys saying a 'thank you' in response before rushing out the door. 

The air was cool; about 10 degrees colder than from when they first went inside the eatery. A chill traveled down Youngjae's spine, Jaebum noticing the body shivering next to him. He removed his zippered jacket from his own body and draped it across Youngjae's shoulders despite him wearing only a black t-shirt underneath, hooking his arm around Youngjae's shoulder to retain his warmth.

"Yugyeommmm~ I'm cold," BamBam playfully shivered in an attempt to gain Yugeyom's attention, from what he saw from Youngjae and JB, even though he was wearing a very warm sweater.

"Then you should've brought a jacket," Jinyoung called from the side, BamBam responding with an evil glare as Yugyeom giggled, draping his arm around BamBam's shoulders rather than lending him his coat. BamBam happily obliged, giving a cheeky smile as he leaned into Yugyeom's shoulder. 

"I'm beat. I'm heading back to the dorm and probably get into a food coma." Jaebum said as he shivered slightly while crossing his arms, trying to hide his coldness in order to maintain his chic appearance in front of his fellow members. Youngjae agreed, walking with his hyung back to the car and saying goodbye.

"Yugyeom and I are gonna swing by that new milkshake everyone's hyping about. Wanna come with?" BamBam said as he glanced back and forth between Mark, Jackson and Jinyoung. 

"I'm going grocery shopping because none of you guys fill the goddamn fridge. There's no snacks either and I want some Honey Butter Chips! I'm leaving now before it gets dark, so see you all later." Jinyoung said as a bus pulled up to the corner at perfect timing.

"Actually, Mark and I have somewhere to go," Jackson said as he nudged Mark's arm, only to receive a confused look and a mouthed 'What?' in return, "Right Mark?"

"Uh, yeah! We have plans so sorry, no can do." Yugyeom and BamBam gave an odd look at Mark's unsure answer, Jackson giving a cheeky smile.

"Okay, but it's on you if you ever change your mind. Bye guys." BamBam and Yugyeom walked off, leaving Mark and Jackson alone.

"Let's go!" Jackson was about to head back to Mark's car, only to be stopped by Mark grabbing his arm, stopping him. 

"Where are we going? I never agreed to any of this-" Mark was cut off by Jackson placing a finger on his lips in order to shush him.

"Well if I tell you, it wouldn't be a surprise, right?" Jackson laughed as Mark rolled his eyes and sighed, both getting into the car.

"Okay. So how the hell am I supposed to get there if I don't even know where we're going?" Jackson side-eyed Mark's rude attitude and pulled a sheet of paper out of his pocket revealing the address, inputting it into the car's GPS system. "Smart."

Running his fingers through his dyed but yet natural looking hair, Mark shifted the gear from park into drive, driving through the streets onto the freeway. Jackson attached the AUX cord to his phone, playing a playlist a mix of both American and Korean songs on full blast. The boys sang along with a majority of the songs (since they were both fluent in English) as they rolled down the windows, the winds messing their hair.

It wasn't obvious, as Mark was very well at controlling himself, but there was no doubt that he thought of Jackson as more of a friend for awhile. Mark knows he would drop everything just to spend a single moment with Jackson, no matter how long or short it would be. He was losing hope by the moment as he thought Jackson saw him as only a friend and nothing more, for he couldn't see a hint that Jackson perceived him as the way he did, although it was completely obvious.

Jackson, however, didn't know how to describe the feelings inside of him. It was...an odd feeling. He had never felt this way with anyone else before, those feelings only coming out when he was with Mark only. But, then, it hit him.

The way, especially how this moment, made his stomach flutter, the way his palms would perspire when Mark would say his name, the way his cheeks would flush when Mark gave him a warm smile, the way his heart felt as if it would burst out of his chest, the way his soulname shone through his clothes because of something so little, he finally re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter