Soulname(s)

Meant To Be
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saranghae.

Each person born into this would eventually have a name appear on their skin. It wasn't an ordinary tattoo nor a permanent tattoo-in fact, it wasn't a tattoo at all. The name was often someone close to that individual thus would eventually be their soulmate; leading to the term produced by society, "soulname". 

Most people would have one soulname appear on their wrists in their lifetime, occasionally none, sometimes two or three, and rarely more than 4. Usually, individuals with more than 4 soulnames would often be harassed or sadly murdered, for a majority of society saw those as aliens or terrorists considering they were highly unusual. Once the true soulmate was found, the other names would disappear, thus leaving the name of the one soulmate permanently inked into their skin.

But, however, Jackson Wang, the Jackson Wang from the famous Korean pop group, GOT7, was one of the few burdened ones with more than 4 names shown on his wrist.

Jackson had an astonishing 6 soulnames appear before him, coincidentally it being the names of the other boys whom he worked with. 

Mark Tuan was the first to appear on Jackson's wrist, at the time when the two shared a room together (Before Mark switched with Jaebum of course). The numerous pillow fights, karaoke sessions, the Markson Show, and common interests had brought them closer together, leading to the name "Mark Tuan" to be written in neat cursive onto Jackson's skin. The shade was a light blue similar to the color of the sky, which blended nicely with his pale skin.

The other members appeared naturally, however, as he grew closer in friendship with the each of the other boys. Although they all may have bickered at one moment, Jackson always had a great laugh with the rest of them and created memories he wouldn't seem to forget for the rest of his life. Through dancing, tours, and a few playful fencing matches, the bonds between each member and Jackson grew, leading to the remaining 5 names to appear in the same font as Mark's name and different colors onto his skin:

Im Jaebum - shown in a deep red, likely to the color of blood
Park Jinyoung - written in a violet purple, a lavender-ish color
Choi Youngjae - embedded in a joyful yellow color, basically the color when you think of the sun
BamBam - printed in an earthy green, the color of grass
Kim Yugyeom - marked in a lively orange, similar to the color of leaves in the fall season

Jackson was honestly shocked as he received his soulnames. First, he didn't expect them to be of the same gender (claiming he was a "strict" hetero, though it could easily be doubted). And secondly, he didn't for there to be so many as he knew that normals had far less than the number he had on his wrist. Jackson was already self-conscious of his height, and even more of his soulnames, although he was the only one that knew how many he had and who they were. He was afraid to tell his fans in case it would rupture the reputation of the group, and feared for his fellow members for them to discover it in case they would turn on him. 

But, Jackson couldn't stop thinking on the topic of soulnames/soulmates, for he had many questions about it. Why were they all boys? Will I eventually end up with one of them? The questions continued to pile up into little mounds inside his brain, racing through his mind the speed of light. Jackson decided to let go of these thoughts for a little bit, for tonight was a guy's night out at a nearby burger place downtown. Jackson dressed in his usual casual but fashionable attire, and covered his blonde hair with a plain black snapback.

He was carpooling with Mark in a black Mercedes-Benz, for Tuan was already awaiting Jackson's presence just outside the exit, his car being already parked along the curb.

"Ah~ so my prince has arrived!" Jackson said playfully and cheerfully to Mark, who rolled his eyes and his lips shaped in a smirk.

"This is no time to play around! Hurry up and get in the car, or else they're going to start eating without us!" Mark whined as he stepped into the driver's seat, already starting the vehicle as Jackson still was outside.

"Huh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter