Chapter One

Rules of Engagement

" Hey! " a female voice calls out making Jinri look back from where she was standing smiling as soon as she sees her sister " Soojung! " she waves with a gentle smile across her lips. As soon as Soojung reaches close to her sister they both wrapped their arms around each other's waist " I missed you! " Soojung mumbles in between her lips making Jinri realease a tender chuckle " I missed you too, Soojung. ".
Jinri and Soojung received an letter at their place requesting for them to present themselves at a cruise that was going to sail on the 15th of June. The letter came from the lawyer of their recently deceased grandmom. The letter specifically said that they couldn't refuse, it was their heritage that was on the game.
They, of course, didn't refuse and at the 15th of June there they stood in the luxury cruise. They couldn't quite figure out why such a trouble and money spent on this for a simple heritage left by their lovely grandmom.
" Do you have any idea why we are here? " Soojung asked once their ordered a drink on the bar nearby the cruise's pool " All the letter said was that i couldn't refuse and it was about the heritage grandma left. " Jinri spoke after taking a small sip on the drink " Well, grandma knows her stuff! Look at this! Taking a cruise during the summer. Three months on the sea! And, oh dear lord! All these cute and hot guys walking around semi ! Thank you, Grandma! " Soojung said while laughing and Jinri couldn't do anything but smile at her sister's cute sillyness " You so silly, Soo. " Jinri chuckled while swirlling her drink with her straw " Oh right! Sulli, where's Jongin? " Soojung suddenly asked catching Jinri outguard and instead of answering she just lowered her head letting a sigh " Long story. I'll tell you later. " she mumbled before suddenly a deep male voice calls out " Miss Jinri and Miss Soojung? " they both look at the well dressed man with some type of french moustache and they immediately recognised their grandmother's lawyer " Good morning, Mr. Lee! " Jinri said with a big smile on her lips while Soojung just bowed her head in a demonstration of respect " As you may know, you are here because of the split of your grandmother's heritage. " he spoke while the sister nodded their heads " But why in here? Why this? " Jinri asked while looking around with her lips pursed " Well, it is actually your grandmother's wish. I have two letters in my hand. One for Jinri and one for Soojung. Each letter contains your grandmom's final wish. And before you get the heritage money, you both must fulfil her wish until the end of this summer. " he explained carefully before Soojung asked " And... of how much are we talking about? " a small smirk appeared on his lips. " 500.000$ " Jinri's eyes widden " To split for us? " she asked while Soojung's eyes lightened up " No. 500.000$ for each one. " Soojung released a small whimp " Oh my God! That's like so much money! I can go shopping and and buy myself a car and and we're rich, Jinri! Rich! " Soojung said excitedly while wiggling her sister's arms " Not so fast, my lady. Remember that you must complete Mrs. Choi's last wish before getting the money. " Mr. Lee spoke while holding the two letters " Mind if we see what's her wish? " Jinri asked politely smiling at the lawyer's nod while handing the letters to them. " Let's see what grandma wishes for... " Soojung said while opening the envolope.

" Dear Soojung,
You are so young and you have so much ahead of you. I'm leaving this money so that you can you live your life the way you always wished for and how you always dreamed of: like a princess.
But, my sweet child, money isn't everything and it's very hard to earn it.
So for my last wish, I want you to get a job until the end of the summer so you know that you can't conquer anything without some tough work and the 500.000$ won't last forever.
Live long, my lovely. And remember that granny is always watching over you.
I love you. "

" Eh? A job?! In the middle of the ocean? I'm never gonna get the heritage! " she pouted while crossing her arms " This ! " she frowned " Don't worry, miss. We've arranged you a job at this exact bar. You're going to be a bartender for the summer. " Mr.Lee said while smiling gently " What?! Here?! " Soojung looked at the bar " You're telling me that I'll be there while everyone else is bathing next to this amazing pool?! " Soojung was annoyed. She didn't like her grandmom's last wish not even for a minute " You'll just work 4 hours per day, miss. " the lawyer spoke " C'mon, Soo. It'll be great for you. You'll earn money, enjoy the cruise and see how hard it is to get money. You know that mom and dad won't always be able to give you money to waste. " Jinri said while ruffling the younger's hair sweetly " Four hours? I think i can handle it then. " Soojung mumbled while sighing " Jinri, what does your letter say?!" she asked while looking at her older sister making Jinri look down at her hands slowly opening the envolope " So... it says..."

" Dear Jinri,
How are you doing? I'm sorry i couldn't hold on much longer I wanted to see you walking down the aisle.
That Jongin is such a precious angel. I see so much love in your eyes and in his. I think you are both more than ready to get married. And plus, my child, I just want you married to the love of your life.
So my last wish is that you marry the one you truly love until the end of summer.
Stay happy and live long, my love. Granny is watching over you.
I love you. "

" Why is your task easier than mine!? That's unfair, granny! " Soojung mumbled while crossing her arms " No, it's not, Soo. I can't get married. " Jinri shook her head while looking down sadly " Why? " Soojung asked " I can't marry Jongin. " Jinri once again while looking down at the letter " Did you guys broke up? " Soo asked amazed " But you were so in love! " she spoke right after " I was! Apparently he wasn't enough. " Jinri said " Why though? Just tell me what happened! " Soojung whinned a bit letting the curiosity get the best of her making Jinri's eyes start to tear up as the memory of finding her lover in bed with another woman " Jongin and I had a date, we would turn three years two days ago and he didn't show up at my place so, I thought he maybe had fallen asleep on his couch because of his exhaustion and I grabbed the cake I made and went to his place. I picked up the spare key under the vase next to his door and as soon as I went inside I heard a woman .. " Jinri sighed in between her tears " I the lights and there he was on the couch with this woman riding him... " she shook her head " As soon as I realized what was going on in there I threw the cake at them and ran off.. He tried to call me a thousand times but I didn't pick up. " Soojung imediately embraced her sister in a tight hug " I knew that guy was a turd. I'm so sorry, Sulli. " Soojung mumbled trying to comfort her sister " So I can't fufil grandma's last will..." Jinri spoke in between her sobbings. Mr. Lee was touched by the poor girl's story and slowly went closer to the two sisters and with a hand on Jinri's shoulder he spoke " Actually, Miss Jinri. Your grandmom's last wish is for you to marry the love of your life until the end of this summer. It doesn't specifically says that you must marry that fool boy named Jongin. " Soojung's eyes smiled at his words " Yeah, Sulli! He's right! You can still fufill grandma's last wish! " she said and Jinri looked confused at her sister " And how do you think I'll fall in love and marry someone in three months?? " she sighed frustratedly while cleaning her tears " In love, everything is possible, Miss Jinri. " the lawyer spoke " I'll leave now. Have a pleasant trip, m'ladies. " he bowed respesctfully taking an exit.
" This is crazy. " Jinri shook her head while crossing her arms " C'mon, Ssul! There's like a thousand hot boys here! It'll be easy! " Soojung nodged her sister with a playful smirk " We can do this, sis! " she completed with a grin " Yes, Soo. We can. " Jinri said finally releasing a smile while hugging her little sister.

We can, Soojung. But I don't think I can love anyone else like I love Jongin.

 


author's note: hello, hello! first chapter, finally ! TuT i'm sorry it took soooo long! OMG, babies! Now I don't know if I should make a taelli or minsul! Comment bellow the ship you wish to come true and the most voted couple goes! [!] if taelli wins there will be minstal / if minsul wins there will be taestal so choose carefully! hehe ! anyway, thank you for reading and support my fanfiction. I love you,
shibuii