01. Ready, Set, Woah.

Harmless Facade.

“Byun. Baekhyun.”

 

“Joohyun noona, what.”

 

“Ew, gross.” Joohyun rolls her eyes, walking into the boy’s room to ruffle his head gently. “Call me Irene. Oh, and - good luck today. New year, new you!” She beams. Taking up most of the long mirror hanging on his wall by a few little pieces of plastic, she flips a long brown hair, brushing her stray hairs in place.

 

“Okay, Irene. Thanks, but you do know that you’ve been a cheerleader for three years now. And I am betting that this’ll be your fourth year.” Baekhyun rolls his eyes, pushing the frame of his classes up. “You tell me the same thing every time. I am not going to change my ‘image’ or whatever.”

 

“Yeah, yeah. But this year, it’ll be different, Baek.” She sighs, looking off as if she were in her own world. Snapping out of her trance, she stands up straight with pursed. “Now let’s go over our daily rules every year for school, shall we?”

 

“I do not know you. Don’t look at you. Don’t talk to you. Do not ask for you. Act like I am not your brother.” He grumbles the rules, looking at the mirror to fix the tie for his uniform. “I mean, it’s not like I have feelings or anything.”

 

“Baekhyun…” His sister frowns. “You know that it’s not like that. It’s-”

 

“Yeah, yeah. I am a nerd or whatever you idiots label me as.” He deadpans. “I don’t understand why you hang out with people like that when you know much better.” Pinching the bridge of his nose, the boy inhales deeply. “But whatever.”

 

And with that, he turns on his heels to grab his bag, heading for the door.

 

It’s the start of a new day in a new year.








 

“Why don’t we have any classes together?” Baekhyun pouts to his best friend for many years, now just realizing this information. “It’s not fair! All the cool kids must’ve tipped someone off last year, because Kai and Sehun have all their classes together! Even Irene and Seohyun!” He says bitterly, internally wishing that he’d begged his step-sister to do whatever magic she had done.

 

His friend on the other hand, rolls his eyes in response.

 

“How you know their schedules is beyond me,” his friend sighs. “But at least we have homeroom together, so quit your yapping. It’s annoying.”

 

“But Kyungsoo!”

 

“No butts.”

 

“Not even Sehun’s?”

 

He knew that was probably not something to say, immediately smiling sheepish as Kyungsoo throws daggers with his eyes.

 

“Not even Sehun’s. Bring his name up again and I will have your head. I don’t want to hear his name or even think about him.”

 

“Aiya, aiya.” The puppy-like boy sulks at his best friend, poking at his cold rice with a chopstick. “Why have you given up already, Soo? It was one of the greatest things we had in common!”

 

“Obsessing over people that are too out of our league?” Kyungsoo responds more solemn. “I just can’t do it anymore… I guess I just can’t keep living like Sehun is going to suddenly look at me and turn gay. We don’t even know if he likes guys. He probably is homopho-”

 

Just as the doe eyed male was blabbering off, a juice box drops just beside Kyungsoo’s feet. “Ugh. Wait.” He pauses his emotional speech about not being able to be loved by someone he’s been crushing on for so long just to bend over to pick up the juice box for his peer, not noticing his best friend’s dropped jaw.

 

“Here you go.” he says quietly, looking up to hand it over before his eyes grow wide.

 

It was Oh Sehun. Out of all of the 20,000 students that attend the school, it had to be him.

 

Kyungsoo can feel his heart thumping in his chest rapidly. The dark dusty attic he thought he had in his heart was no longer there. It’s like he suddenly likes unicorns and pinks just from two words. ‘Thank you’, they were.

 

“It’s no problem.” He tries to remain calm. “It’s just a juice box, you know? Nothing big. Just a thing you drink from and all.”

 

Sehun laughs in return as he notices the boy’s rambling, taking the juice box before straightening up his body while still staring down at the small male. “Cute eyes.” He compliments briefly, but genuinely. “See you around, cute eyes” The small boy nods.

 

It isn’t until the popular male takes him and his posse to their sparkling and dazzling lunch table, Baekhyun slams his fist on their rather dull and rusty table and grits his teeth. “You cannot tell me you do not like him still after that moment!” He wants to exclaim, but holds in his feelings. “He called you ‘cute eyes’, goddamn it!”

 

“Don’t even remind me!” Kyungsoo places his hand over his heart, feeling the thump still. “I… I can’t help my heart!” He sighs.

 

Watching his friend try and calm his feelings down, Baekhyun shoves small sausages in his mouth with spoonfuls of rice before he feels something cold hit his head. It doesn’t take a genius to know what it was.

 

Turning around, he sees familiar cold eyes along with ones that feign to be just as cold.

 

“Seohyun.” He whispers under his breath.

 

“What?” She scoffs. “You dare call me by my name? Shouldn’t it be Seohyun sunbae?” Her lips turn into a smirk as she empties the rest of her chocolate pudding onto the brown haired male’s mop of hair. “Enjoy that, you ungrateful brat.”

 

Baekhyun sits there unfazed until he hears a laughter that used to make his heart pound, instead having it make his heart drop.

 

Looking up, he looks at the table where Sehun had sat and spots his very own long time crush laughing. At him.

 

They all were.

 

Seohyun and Irene laugh in unison before walking away.

 

He doesn’t miss the regret in his step-sister’s eyes, but it doesn’t stop the growing hatred inside of himself.

 

Angrily, he leaves his tray behind to stomp towards the bathroom.





 

“Don’t they know how hard chocolate pudding is to get out?” He hisses as he fights back his tears, brushing out the chocolate with the napkins. His best friend stares with concern and disappointment.

 

“They don’t know what it is like, Baek. They’re the ones dumping them. Not being the dumpee.” Approaching his friend, he soothingly rubs circles against his back. “You’re seriously not considering still liking that trash, right? I mean… Sehun has his certain mean times towards people, but he’s never laughed at me… Or anyone else for that matter.” He mumbles the end, trying to think of a time when Sehun’s ever laughed.

 

Baekhyun just tends to his hair silently. It doesn’t even take five minutes before he drops his hands and sighs heavily.

 

“It’s not that easy… I have liked him since elementary school, Soo. I cannot help but love Park Chanyeol.”

 

“Well you better be careful, Baek. I would hate to see you get hurt… From him at least.”

 

Scowling, Baekhyun smacks Kyungsoo on the shoulder playfully. “I hate you.”
 

 









 

You’d think the first day of a new year would be a light breeze. But no. You have to go and have your sister and her little bestie pour ing pudding on your head. Did I really think that a new year would mean a new life? Baekhyun sighs, laying on his stomach in his bedroom. It was such a long day and I really feel like dying. How much longer will high school be?

 

He was only a junior and at this rate, it will take two whole years till’ he’s out of that hell hole.

 

So far, it’s only the seniors who pull pranks on him and Kyungsoo, but there’s no way in telling if there will be people in the same year that will pop up in his senior year. He hopes to god no.

 

Face buried deep into his pillow, he contemplates suffocating himself to death to congratulate him for surviving the first day. Although he was on the verge to, he’s interrupted by a small knock to his door, having Irene enter with a mug of hot chocolate. Baekhyun can smell it through his pillow, crinkling his nose.

 

“I have your favorite…”

 

“How dare you bring that trash to me, Joohyun.” He mumbles into the pillow. “Do you have no shame? You’re repugnant.”

 

Feeling the dip beside him on the bed, he knows that she’s sitting beside him now. He chooses to ignore her calling, turning slightly so his back is faced towards her. “Whatever you have to say, I do not want to hear it.”

 

“Baekhyun...” She calls out softly, reaching over for Baekhyun’s back. “I’m sorry about today.” She apologizes with a frown, noticing the pudding that is still stuck in the brunette’s hair. “You haven’t gotten it all out…” The girl continues, reaching for it now. Once her hand comes into contact with his hair, he immediately shoots up and pushes her hand away.

 

“Get away from me.” He frowns, pulling his knees up to his chest to hold as he leans against the wall. “This is the worst you have ever done besides putting Elmer’s glue in my drink with that… that demon!” He wants to cry, but won’t let it happen. “You made Chanyeol laugh at me! He’s never laughed at me!” He exclaims, throwing a pillow at his older sister.

 

The latter stares at her brother with the same frown, reaching over to hug him calm.

 

It works, thankfully.

 

“I know. I am sorry. I really am…” Irene sighs as Baekhyun’s breathing steadies. “I promise you, it won’t get this bad again. Next time, I will stop her… You’re my little brother, Baek. I shouldn’t keep doing this to you.”

 

Sniffling, the little male nuzzles his nose into her shoulder. “Promise?”

 

“Promise.” She laughs soft, rubbing his back soothingly. “And I have some information that will cheer you up.”

 

“And what’s that?” He questions, pulling back to rub at his eyes.

 

“Kim Kai is having a party tonight.” She hums, pulling out an envelope from her backpack.

 

It’s just as he imagined it would be.

 

It was a blue folded envelope with gold font, sparkles covering the interior of the card. Quite feminine for Kai’s taste, but he figures since it’s only for the best and it’s glitz and glam after all.

 

“You’re invited!

 

You’re invited to Kai’s 18th birthday !
The theme is glitz and glam!

Bring all your friends and bring all your girls (so I can steal them all.)

Don’t do anything stupid and bring a designated driver.

Thanks.

 

Dress code: I don’t care. Who cares about these things.

Location: Club Sibdae

Note: Girls get in at the door for free. Males are invite only. No invite, no entry.”

 

Noticing the cocked brow on Baekhyun’s face, Irene laughs as she shakes her head. “Uh, yeah. Kai needed someone to make the invites, if you’re wondering. So he had Sehun’s assistant make them all fancy. Which is why the invite is all glittery and all.”

 

“He has an assistant?”

 

“Yeah. That plain Jane that follows him around all the time. What’s her name? Uh… Nayeon?”

 

“Oh… This whole time, Kyungsoo thought she was just a stalker trying to blend in.” He almost laughs before his eyes land on the note at the bottom of the invite. “Noona…” He frowns. “I can’t possibly take this invite in… They’ll take one look at me and think I took it from a garbage can or something… It’s girls enter free and boys invite only.”

 

Irene doesn’t seem to be phased, only tossing her brown hair to the side. “First, this invitation would not be in the garbage. Second,” She pauses, getting up from the bed to take her brother’s hands. “You are a girl. Call Kyungsoo over and we will have a little… sleepover make over kind of thing! Sehun will be there.” She beams at him, feelings delighted at the expression on Baekhyun’s face. “I’ll have you fixed and dolled up so even a doctor wouldn’t notice!”

 

“Really, noona? You’ll do that for me?”

 

“I do owe it to you after all, Baek. I was a jerk.” She smiles small now, inspecting Baekhyun’s features from different angles. “Plus, it won’t be hard to do your guys’ makeup and all. You both look cute as a button! Now… call your lil’ buddy and let’s do this!”

 

“A-Alright…”








 

After three hours of lots of girl work, the three finally leave the house fully prepped and primed for Kai’s birthday party.

 

Looking at her work now, Irene hides a snicker behind her hand.

 

“What are you laughing at?” Kyungsoo scowls.

 

“Nothing!” She snickers once more. “I just think that I did such a wonderful job with this… My goodness. No one will even notice a thing!” Continuing to inspect them, she dusts off the dust on the Kyungsoo’s shoulder, cleaning the sleek leather jacket she had lent him.

 

“They better not. I didn’t waste my one day lens for this.” Baekhyun pouts as he rubs the bridge of his nose.

 

“Whatever. Can we just hurry. I don’t think my thighs appreciate squeezing in your pants, Irene-ssi.” Kyungsoo frowns as he shifts slightly to rid the discomfort of the black skinny jeans hugging his thighs tightly.

 

“Well at least you don’t have a breeze. My thighs are cold.” Baekhyun complains with a whine.

 

“Would you two shut it?” Irene interrupts their complaining session, shutting them both up immediately. “I worked very hard on you two! Baekhyun, you’re supposed to be prim and proper - cute, even. It’s why I gave you a dress. You’ve got the legs. Kyungsoo, can we have you be a little more cold, or seemingly at least. Like Sehun, if you will. I wanted to go a little edgy with you. And your legs are y in those black jeans. You fill them out well.” She explains, trying to give them a bit a confidence.  

 

“That’s cool with me.” Kyungsoo nods. “I mean you have me dressed as the popular version of The Black Parade on legs.”

 

Getting into the elder’s convertible Benz with the roof down, the three get seated and belted before heading off to the bustling city.

 

When they pull up to the parking lot, Baekhyun tries to remain as normal as possible. Meanwhile, Kyungsoo is scowling in the back as per usual.

 

“You’d think this place would be illegal or something.” He mumbles, watching as people line up outside to enter the birthday party.

 

It was Club Sibdae. Also known as CSD for ‘code’ around teachers and such, but everyone know what’s going on. There’s loads of booze in there, stripper poles, dancers, music. But apparently, it’s age appropriate for teens. ‘Safe’ too. With a bouncer and all.

 

It’s no surprise how Kai has this placed booked, as he is as rich as Donald Trump. However, the get up was not as glitz and glam. It was quite the opposite, actually. The outside was decorated in black and white, silver streamers hanging from light post to light post. Baekhyun wondered what the interior must look like.

 

“Now, kids.” Irene snaps at them to gain their full attention. “We will enter separately. You guys go do your own thing once you get in. I’m staying till’ the party ends, so most likely you both will stay that long too, since I am your driver after all. Also, remember… You are a woman!” She stares at Kyungsoo until he nods his head to make sure he’s in the clear.

 

“Now go first. I will stay behind in case they get suspicious. I’ll just say you guys are with me if that happens.”

 

To their surprise, it doesn’t.

 

As the two males in disguise approach the bouncer, they’re inspected from head to toe before being allowed past the long line of males who seem to be checking them out.

 

It was a new feeling since they were used to being invincible, but they would soon learn to adjust to the hungry eyes.



 

The music is so loud inside. Much different from the other side. It was a new world for them. They were mostly on the other side of the grass, enjoying the safe flowers and butterflies. But this was wild. This was a whole new ball park. Lions searching for innocent and vulnerable prey.

 

But Kyungsoo liked it.

 

“What do we do!” Baekhyun shouts over to Kyungsoo, trying to speak over the loud music.

 

“I don’t know!” He shouts in reply. “I guess you find your guy and I’ll find mine!”

 

“You mean you will actually talk to him?”

 

“Well yes! I didn’t just come here to stare!” Kyungsoo exclaims, feeling courage running through his veins.

 

“Wow,” Baekhyun widens his eyes. “That moment in the cafeteria really got you cuckoo!”

 

“Shut up! I am leaving!” Kyungsoo rolls his eyes, shoving his hands into the tight fitting pockets while turning on his heels to walk off on his own. “See ya later! Good luck!”

 

“Wait- Soo! You can’t just leave me here!” He whimpers, shrinking on the dance floor. There are people crowding him, dancing like there was no tomorrow. It was nerve wrecking, but he manages to shimmy his way down the where the ‘drink station’ was.

 

“Need a drink, my lady? For courage?” The bartender asks with a cocked brow. “You seem a bit out of place. With the theme and all.”

 

“Glitz and glam? Yeah… Well the theme doesn’t really fit the decoration… And the birthday boy…” Baekhyun parts his lips as he looks up to see two staircases on both sides of the room, leading up to where the main party was at.

 

At the top of the double staircase, he could see Chanyeol taking a sip of his cup that seemed to be filled with what Baekhyun guesses is alcohol. Kai’s sitting there as well with two girls at his side. He’s whispering into one of their ear, causing him to roll his eyes.

 

Meanwhile, his sister is up there too, with that revolting friend of hers. Seohyun.

 

She was wearing a slim black dress that perfectly showed off her curves, the fine glitter on her dress making her glisten in the room effortlessly. He was jealous, really. Everything was perfect about her. From her silky hair, to her noticeable s-line, and her undeniable beauty. He was jealous. And he was much more jealous when she sways her little hips over to Chanyeol who seemed a bit tipsy.

 

From his point of view he could see her lean over and whisper something into his ear as well. All that before pulling away to lean in for a steamy kiss with the male.

 

His heart drops and his head suddenly hangs low, turning his seat back to face towards the bar.

 

“One drink, please.” He speaks in his feign female voice. “Anything, really. Surprise me.”

 

He hasn’t drank in his life, but he doesn’t mind splurging sins for tonight. What was there left to lose?

 

Being dramatic, he takes two shots filled with whatever the man had put in it.

 

His head seems quite fine, oddly. It doesn’t stop his body from feeling a little hot though.

 

“Is there anywhere I can get some air?” He asks loudly, speaking over the pounding music.

 

The bartender nods and points over to the second exit on the other side of the club.

 

Approaching it now, it seemed to be a garden. Just outside the exit was another balcony allowing you to look out into the garden. It was warmly lit with poles lined up beside each other. There were plenty, but some of the poles hadn’t been lit. Either way, it was warming and breathtaking in this icy weather that had him shivering just slightly.

 

Walking closer to the white railings, Baekhyun inhales as he looks out at the sight while rubbing his arms to keep warm. He didn’t know why Irene had given him such revealing clothes in such weather, but he figures she probably thought he’d be dancing himself warm. Wrong.

 

Sighing, he looks down at the flickering poles.

 

He had been thinking about it all day. Contemplating on whether liking Park Chanyeol was worth it all. He’s had a crush on him since grade school and never once looked back. Middle school he continued on and tried to get as close to him as possible. But unfortunately, that’s when hormones took charge and made Chanyeol closer to becoming a man much quicker. That’s also when his popularity spiked.

 

Maybe this was all a mistake. Maybe it was meant to be like this. Part of two different worlds.

 

Swaying side to side the the now slow song playing from inside the club, he decides to stay outside for a little while longer. It was only him after all.

 

“Excuse me…” A familiar voice interrupts his peace in the dim garden. “Miss?”

Baekhyun’s shaking now. And it wasn’t because of the weather.

 

1, 2, 3…

 

Turning around, he lashes a warming smile as he bats his lashes in the most natural way possible. “Are you calling me?” ‘She’ asks.

 

This was it. This was the first time ever. Chanyeol was actually speaking to him.

 

“Yeah… You alright out here?” He tilts his head, approaching closer as a hand ruffles his hair and oh my god, don’t come closer. You’re so hot. What the hell am I going to do. Natural, Byun Baekhyun. Act natural.

 

“Of course. Why wouldn’t I be? It’s nice out here…” Speak up, idiot!

 

“A pretty girl like you shouldn’t be out here alone. Especially in those clothes… It’s Winter.” Cheesy. Worried? Maybe. Don’t get too full of yourself, Baek.

 

“Well… You’re right about that.” He rubs his arms once more. “What are you doing out here then? Shouldn’t you be inside? That’s where the party is.”

 

Chanyeol crinkles his nose for a second, coming closer to the railings to stand beside the crossdressing male, taking off his jacket to drape it over his small frame. Sweet…

 

“You really didn’t have to do that…”

 

“It’s nothing, really.” He gives a lopsided smile, looking out at the poles now. “Truthfully, I think a had a bit too much to drink so I am trying to sober up before I go home. I know Kai will be hammered at the end of the night.” He chuckles. “Plus, it’s pretty out here. It’s rare that the garden is empty.”

 

“Well technically, it isn’t. I was here first.” Baekhyun sticks his tongue out playfully. “It is really pretty here though. I’ve never been here…”
 

The tall male blinks at this, looking over at Baekhyun. “Ever?” He questions. “But everyone’s been here! But I guess that makes sense… If you ever came here, I would have recognized a face like yours.” He purses his lips, taking a better look at the ‘girl’. “You seem familiar…”

 

This causes the male to worry, heart racing.

 

“U-Uh. Impossible!” He tries to save himself. “I’m not from around here. J-Just visiting for the holidays.” Baekhyun uses a hand to tuck a strand of the wig’s hair behind his ear as he speaks.

 

“Then how did you know about this party? A friend?”

 

“Yeah! My, uh… Cousin!”

 

“Cousin?”

 

“Yeah! Bae Irene!” He blurts out without a second thought. His eyes suddenly go wide at the realization, taking a step back from the taller.

 

“Irene? She never mentioned a cousin…” The other responds with furrowed brows. Oh , he knows. Taking a step closer to the girl, Chanyeol leans closer with squinted eyes. “Why didn’t she tell us she has a visiting cousin… Where are you from? What’s your name?”

 

, , .

 

“Bae Baekhee!” He blurts out once more. It was too late to turn back now. “I’m from… Daegu.” He answers completely, heart nearly bursting from almost being exposed.

 

“Well, hello, Baekhee.” Chanyeol greets her with a charming smile, bowing his head rather formally. “I’m Park Chanyeol. It’s a pleasure to meet you. I hope to see you around a lot this vacation. Seeing this side of him was real flattering. He’s never seen this side of the popular male. He was usually cold in the halls. Towards Baekhyun, at least. Happy Virus was his nickname, but that was only ever around people he knew.

 

So this is it. This is the Park Chanyeol I have been dreaming of.

 

Before he knew it, he was talking to Chanyeol quite casually. They exchanged a few bits of information about each other. Baekhyun tried to answer as close to himself as possible, but strayed away from revealing himself, of course.

 

To his surprise, Chanyeol wanted to get to know him. He was slightly tipsy, but sane enough to be genuinely interested in him… well, her. In addition to that, the giant was sobering up during their long conversation.

 

They talked of hobbies, dreams, thoughts. All in a span of an hour or so before being ed by none other than the witch.

 

“Yeol?” Seohyun peeks her head out from the entrance to the club. “What are you doing out here? It’s cold. I’ve been looking for you.” She continues before spotting Baekhyun beside him. She notices Chanyeol’s jacket draped over his shoulders, soft expression turning cold in a split second. “Who’s this?” She a brow, coming closer.

 

“This is Baekhee.” Chanyeol introduces her causally, it actually makes Baekhyun’s heart flutter. “We just met, actually. What’s up, Hyun?”

 

Crossing her arms, Seohyun eyes ‘Baekhee’ suspiciously. “Right.” She clicks her tongue, walking back towards the entrance with her dazzling pumps clacking against the marble floor. “They’re doing Kai’s cake. Though I’d tell you. Better hurry up and come along. I’ll be inside.”

 

“Aight. I’ll be in.” Chanyeol shrugs, turning back to the railing to lean against.

 

Once she’s gone, Baekhyun lets out a deep exhale he had been holding in.

 

“What’s up?” The taller questions, looking over with a tilted head.

 

“Shouldn’t you go in before your girlfriend grills you?” He crinkles his nose. “I wouldn’t want to seem as if I was intruding on your relationship.”

 

“Girlfriend?” The giant scrunches his face in distaste at the word, shaking his head. “Seohyun is not my girlfriend.” He frowns. “She’s my ex, actually. I’m surprised you both don’t know each other since Irene is your cousin.”

 

“Right… Well we’re more like distant cousins, but Irene is kind to me.” Baekhyun speaks softly to have his female facade pass. “Also, I didn’t mean to offend you. I just assumed because I saw you two kissing earlier… I thought…”

 

“Ah, so you watch me?” He teases.

 

“Not like that!” ‘she’ shyly pushes him away, having him take a few steps closer. “I just came in and looked for the birthday boy and you happened to be at the top of the stairs with them and locking lips with her and all, and and and…” She rambles before Chanyeol interrupts her with a chuckle, eyes crinkling into charming crescents as he stares at her in pure adoration.

 

“You’re cute.” He compliments. “No worries. I mean. Seohyun and I kind of fool around, but for me it’s never more than that. I’m a handsome guy after all. I kiss plenty of girls. I haven’t found one worth fully committing to. Seohyun and I are a past kind of thing.”

 

“Ah…” she really doesn’t know what to say besides that.

 

It’s quiet for a long time, having her look out to view the lights once more. Had she been looking at Chanyeol, she would have seen that the latter had his view on her the whole time. Adoring every little feature on her face. Whether it be the small little mole just above her upper lip, or the way her eyes slightly droop down like a puppy. She was cute, and oddly intriguing.

 

“Are you coming or what, ?” A male’s voice breaks the silence, words slightly slurred.

 

It was Kai.

 

Chanyeol turns around and rolls his eyes in a playful manner.

 

“Wait, you . I’ll be there. Give me a minute. Go back in.” He snorts, turning his body back towards Baekhee with a gentle smile. “You wanna walk in there with me, Hee-ah?”

 

Her eyes widen at the sudden invitation. They’ve only met today, yet he already had a cute and casual name for him. It was sweet and heartwarming, but both of the boys were out here, and he knows that once he steps foot in there with Chanyeol, all eyes will be on them because Kai was out here too. No thanks. Baekhyun thinks mentally before feigning a shy smile.

 

“No thanks. I’ll actually stay out here for a few minutes. I just want to take a look at this once more since I’ll be leaving back to Daegu soon.” She nods, turning back to the lights. “Go on in, kay? Have fun and be there for Kai.”

 

“Alright.” He almost sounds disappointed. “I’ll see you sometime again, Baekhee. Nice meeting you.” He clicks his tongue with a small wink. Good lord. “Let’s meet again sometime, okay? If you ever find yourself over here again, give me a call. I’m sure Irene will give you the hook up. I’d like to get to know you more.” Was that an invitation to contact him?

 

She just smiles in reply, giving a wave as Chanyeol approaches his really drunk friend to lead him inside.

 

The second they’re both inside, Baekhyun lets loose of his perfect posture and slouches with an exhale. “, that was nerve wrecking.” He whispers to himself, eyes wide at what had just happened.

 

Did he just spend an hour with the crush of his life, Park Chanyeol?

 

Yes, he did.

 

He inhales through his nose as a soft cold breeze blows by him, having his hand cling onto the jacket over his shoulders.

 

Chanyeol’s jacket. He’d forgotten it...

 

Soft smile playing on his lips, he pulls the sleek fabric closer to his nose to inhale his warm scent to have it engulf his fluttering heart beating in his small chest.

 

It smells of love, warmth, and mint.

 

Fresh, like Chanyeol’s personality and Baekhyun’s growing love.

 

 

 

 


 
author's note.
wow wow. it's finally up, yall.
thank you so much for your patience.
i just finished my first semester of college
and i really wanted to focus on this fic when i had
time. thank you so much for ur love and support.
please comment, upvote, and subscribe
so you don't miss the next updates.
thank you so much. love you all! <3
 
leave feedback, pls. it inspires me for the next updates. <3