Chapter 2

Dancing with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The central of Seoul's police was busting with officers running to and fro. Lines of desk lined the control room with officers at their desk talking on the phone, talking to other officers, officers taking statements and officers scurrying with documents on them from one station to the next.

Amber lazily leaned on the wall near the double doors she just came through observing her surroundings while toying with a lighter in her hand, flicking the flames on before capping the lighter to snuff the flame out. She repeated the action out of habit when she felt bored.

It was intriguing to see how mortals were so fragile looking compared to her scampered around like worker ants without a clue in the world who she really was.

Thinking that it was enough dawdling on her part, she pocketed her lighter and sauntered up towards the front desk where a receptionist sat taping away on her computer. She was so absorbed in her work that she hardly registered the towering figure in front of her.

 

Amber coughed lightly to grab her attention. That was when the receptionist looked up with a jolt to greet the figure.

"Oh, Sorry about that. Welco-" The words completely died before the receptionist could even finish her sentence. The receptionist slowly turned an unhealthy shade of red at the person smirking at her with mischievous eyes. Honestly she could hardly look away. The figure in front of her had amber colored eyes like liquid gold that ensnared her in a whirlwind of fascination. The chiseled jaw line and carefully crafted hair made her mind immediately jump to the conclusion that this person must be a male idol. To top it off, the person was wearing a luxury brand suit which she noticed because she would often browse the exact type of suits for her boyfriend when she had nothing to do at work.

Amber lowly chuckled and leaned forward. "Hello, darling. I was wondering if you could be so kind as to point me in the direction of one Detective Krystal Jung."

The receptionist slightly leaned back as Amber leaned forward, taken aback by the sheer aura she emulated. The only thing the receptionist could do was weakly nodded.

Quirking an eyebrow at the receptionist, Amber recognized that look. It was the look that all women gave her - the look of fascination and attraction. She smirked; no matter where she went all the women instantly fell for her. She couldn't blame the receptionist for her selective mutism, in fact, she found it quite adorable how the receptionist was trying her best to be composed, all the while sporting a brilliant shade of red.

"My apologizes. I should have asked for your name, miss. What is your name?"

The receptionist tried to articulate her words by first releasing the breath that she didn't know that she was holding until then. However, when she breathed out, it came out as more of squeak. She quickly slapped her hands over out of embarrassment and looked down at her lap.

Amber smiled. "Don't be shy, my dear. No need to be embarrassed; I won't laugh. Now let's start anew and start with introductions."

Gathering the courage to look up at her, the receptionist meekly answered Amber, "My name's Seulgi."

"A wonderful name for a beautiful lady."

Seugli blushed harder.

"Well, it is a pleasure to meet you Seulgi. You may call me Amber. Now then, can you please point me in the direction of Detective Jung? I really have important matters to discuss with her." Amber smiled.

"What do you need to see Detective Jung for?" Seulgi questioned. "I'm sorry but I cannot allow civilians into the central hub of our office without proper authorization."

"Ah, I see." Amber sounded sad. "Well, you see," she leaned across the counter. "I'm here to surprise Detective Jung. I missed one of our scheduled dates and she's being most unforgiving of me. So, I am here to gravel on my knees to hopefully be forgiven for my negligence of her needs. I feel absolutely terrible!" Amber blatantly lied. For good measures, she tried to work in some water works, playing the part of the guilty repenting partner.

"Omo!" Seulgi gasped. She felt bad that Amber was being so devastated by missing one date, but more so she was shocked that cold, straight lanced Krystal Jung of the Seoul Police Force was actually dating someone and so handsome at that, and not letting anyone know! Feeling bad for Amber, Seulgi leaned in and cupped her hand near like she was passing along a secret message.

"Alright. I'll let you in just this once. Go apologize to Detective Jung properly okay?"

Amber perked up. "Yes, of course! I surely will. Like I said, it is my fault and I want to make it up to her soon. Thank you Ms. Seulgi for your assistance. You are most kind."

Seugli giggled. "You're most welcome! Just down the hall and up the small stairs and you'll be in the ball pit."

 

 

Walking past Seugli Amber could only wonder at how easy it was to manipulate humans with words. She was never a fan of such manipulation - the devil has morals too - but it wasn't a total lie. It was true that she did have a meeting with Detective Jung prior, just not a date. It was more of the fact that she had pestered the Detective constantly for the past few days for any leads on the case about Minzy and it had gotten to the point that the Detective was so fed up with her badgering that she finally relented to scheduling a meeting with her at Paradise to discuss the progress. But only to give her the slip when she did not show up; only a note passed to her from a messenger with the message of:

 

You really think I was going to share confidential, on-going, case sensitive information with you?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter