Chapter 1

Dancing with the Devil
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The strobe lights of the club flashed wildly as the patrons of the club danced without a care in the world; downing alcohol like it was water, grinding all over one another in sync to the music blaring throughout the club.

One figure over looked the whole club at the top of the winding stairs with their favorite poison in hand.

 

Throughout history, people have always condemned the Devil as being nothing more than an evil fallen angel, burdened to rule the underworld for eternity because of the failed usurp in heaven. Never once was there ever anything good written in the name of the devil, except for those Satanist who worshiped the Devil in all the wrong ways.

No one really understood the Devil, and never would. If they did, they would discover that the Devil is not evil and twisted like the wretched books written by "scholars" and "preachers" would portray, but rather an angel who accepted the position and responsibility given to the Punisher of the Damned and Wicked by the Almighty Father to facilitate Hell. It was suppose to be a high honor, not so anymore.

The Devil blames the propaganda and media for such horrible representation.

But probably the worse misinterpretation that people have gotten wrong since the beginning of time was that the Devil was most certainly not male, but female.

The Devil smirked into her drink as she took a nice swig of her liquor before descending down the stairway.

 

"Hello, Jia. A lovely night we are having, aren't we?" the Devil asked leaning on the bar.

Jia turned around, in the process of drying the glassware she held in one hand and the towel in the other.

"Sure. Just like every other night." She said snorting. "It's always the same night after night for 5 years now."

"Getting bored?" The Devil quipped. "Well it's better than sitting on a throne hearing the damned moan non-stop about how they are innocent and should be parading in heaven instead. I quite like the change of scenery." The Devil hissed lightly.

Jia rolled her eyes. "I'm hoping to go home soon. I'm getting tired of playing bartender to these humans. I'm better at torturing souls than playing housemaid."  She stepped away from the Devil to the other side of the bar to flirt with one of the handsome male patrons flagging her down.

"Says the demon who's been flirting and banging any good looking male in existence since we got here." The Devil muttered.

 

Five years.

 

Time sure flies when one is immortal. It has been 5 years since the Devil decided to close up shop in Hell and go on an undisclosed amount of time vacation. It was her non-subtle way of giving her Father the finger for screwing her over. When choosing the perfect spot as a getaway, one place stood out for her was Seoul, Korea. A place full of innovation, full of life, full of wonderfully y women and men to enjoy.

 

Why not.

 

Once she emerged from the gates of Hell into the human realm, the Devil decided to live the life the way humans knew best - partying like there was no care in the world. Her right-hand woman, Jia, tagged along for the ride citing that she would go wherever the Devil went since she swore her loyalty since the beginning of time to serve her. She decided to establish a vibrant club she ironically name Paradise in the predominant high end, party prone district within Seoul. When the doors of her establishment opened, it was like flies to honey, everyone flocked to her club to have a good time. Needless to say she was loving the life in the mortal world. Plenty of good booze, endless flow of cash from just the club separate from her own, shall we say, savings. And best of all, beautiful women to lay with when she felt like it.

Something about her mysterious and dark vibe drew the women in like honey. She could not deny that she quite enjoyed the endless attention from beauties nor could she not stop herself from brag about what a good lover she is; if their continuous visits were any indication. She was dare she say it, devilishly handsome and charming.

"Amber." An meek voice behind her said, breaking the Devil's musing.

"Ah, well if it isn't Minzy. I see the recording industry is doing you well." Amber stated, looking at Minzy up and down. "Really well."

Minzy smiled lightly. "Do you have a second to talk?"

"Of course."

Amber, the Devil, lead her acquaintance to a more secluded area of the club where an expensive leather couch was placed in the corner. They sat there silently for a moment just observing the rest of the patrons interacting and dancing.

"Do you think I am doing the right thing? Changing companies and all?" Minzy asked solemnly.

 "Hard to say." Amber responded. "You've been through a lot with them and the whole 'giving you a record so you'll output this amount of albums and get this much of the profit, but then rescinding it, and then making seem like there was nothing to begin with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter