Family

Consequences : a Sinner sequel

 « Aw, come on Byul Ah, don’t be a grumpy vampire. »

“I am not, I don’t understand why we couldn’t just go by foot”

“It’s raining ! And besides, the master brought so many cars lately, we need to use them.”

“That’s not a good reason, for decades we only used our habilities and-“

“You’re just jealous because you’re not the one driving”

 

The blond vampire didn’t reply, instead she look aimlessly on the other side of the car window, at the passing scenery the night offered them, with the best grumpy pout she could afford.

She tried to look disappointed, but when the hand of her wife came in contact with her cheek and she lost it, and a  smile painted itself on her lips.

 

“I agreed it would be faster to go to your house by running, but I don’t want to present myself drenched in front of your siblings.”

“You know they won’t care.”

“But still..Beside, this car is so comfy, don’t you think ?”

 

“You, me and the backseats know how comfy you find it .”

 

Moonbyul said after a few second, and not without a smug smirk. Feeling mischievous, she turned her head toward the beautiful driver. She laughed a bit seeing Solar reddening cheeks at the mention of any kind of activities that happened in the same black car.

 

“I couldn't imagine you'd be the feisty type of vampire, when you do this thing with your-”

“Okay ! okay, I got it”

 

Said the auburn vampire in a hurry, still flustered by the turn of the event. Seeing her grumpy wife, she thought she could for a change, but it looked like the Moon vampire won this time again.

 

“Next time I teach you how to drive.”

 

Solar wanted it to be a whisper, but Moonbyul heard it and loudly chuckled. As the Moon mansion appeared in their sight, the blond vampire took her wife free hand with her own, declaring the nagging ceasefire

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The Moon dwelling wasn't as fancy as the Jung one, it wasn't as big and it was exactly why Solar loved visit the place. Over the 15 years, she grew tied bond with almost every vampire living in atypic house, well, not without some rocky starts. There were few of them actually, only Moonbyul family and their employees, the other relatives lived around the house.

 

What the auburn vampire loved the most inside those wall were the painting, especially the family painting. They fullfiled her curiosity over Moonbyul past the first time she came there, and she couldn't stop her ritual everytime she entered the small mansion.

 

She particulary loved the one hung above the fireplace in the living room. She learned it was 350 years old, painted just a few years before the last war against the Kim. The whole Moon family was present;

 

Sitting in a red velvet baroque style sofa were teenager Hyuna and Moonbyul, who'd look like any other 12 years old human child. Between them was their mother, she was holding their little brother, the Moon maknae who was a baby at that time in her arm.

 

Standing behind the sofa was the oldest Moon child, Heejun. The heir of the family looked like a handsome young man in his twenty and beside him were their late father, standing proudly with his family, a protective hand on his wife left shoulder.

They were expressionless, like it was the use at that time, yet Solar could feel the warmth of this loving family through the painting, she could feel the tight bond between them.

The background was dark, only to accentuate the main protagonists and give the message of the close family they were. Moonbyul told her so many lovable memories of that time, how she would follow her father everywhere, how she and Hyuna would prank Heejun together and how they would fight to take care of their little brother.

 

“Yongsun ah ?”

 

Her wife's voice woke her from her reverie, she guessed it was by habit but she found herself once again in the living room, in front of this beautiful memento of the Moon family.

Soon enough, she felt Moonbyul's hand on her own, as the blond vampire lead her deeper in the mansion.

 

“Let's go greet mother shall we ?”

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

There were only 2 people in this world who could bring the fierce Moon Byul Yi to speak with such tenderness in her voice, Solar knew it, since she was one of them.

 

The other one was Moonbyul’s mother, Moon Risa.

The lost of her mother made the auburn vampire cherish her mother in law even more, but it wasn’t that hard to not be fond of her, as the Mother of Moon was the embodiment of fondness.

 

It was easy to guess how the 2500 years old vampire loved her four children just by the look in her eyes, and how she was ready to love and cherish every new addition in her family. Thanks to her, and the most welcoming hug she ever received, Solar felt at home the very first day she visit the Moon Mansion.

 

Moon Risa despite being the heir of the long and rather traditional dynasty of the Moon was very curious about the human world, thus she could spend hours asking random question to her daughter’s wife. It wasn’t difficult to know where the interest of Moonbyul toward humans came from.

 

 

Enough to say, the two of them quickly grew tight bond, this was why the reality of the tragedy the Moons suffered 300 years ago hit her like a truck.

 

“Minhyuk ah, you’re finally here !”

 

Moon Risa exclaimed as Moonbyul opened of the family study room’s door, where she knew her mother spent hours at. Moonbyul knew it was coming, she knew she needed to get used to it, but the way she gripped the door handle to the point of almost breaking it, Solar understood her wife was using all her will power to not break down in front of her mother.

 

“No mother, it’s me, Byulyi. Yongsun and I came here to say hello.”

“Oh Byulyi..you look so much like your father, sorry I thought you were him. Do you know when your father is coming back ? Jung can be so talkative sometime”

“He..He will come back soon.”

 

Moonbyul’s voice betray her and let out quivers. Solar, as a sign of compassion gently her back. Herself felt overwhelmed, whenever she remember the tragic history of her new family.

 

It was true, how Moonbyul look like her late father, Moon Min Hyuk, born Lee Min Hyuk. Their similarities were beyond the physical features or personality, but their path were also the same.

 

Like his daughter, the Lee vampire was brought to another clan household at a young age. Like his daughter, Minhyuk was promised to Risa, heir of her family. The Lee were also vassal of the Jung, and it was common that member of vassal clans married each other. The Lee weren’t as powerful as the Moon, thus the wedding.  But unlike his daughter, he fall in love with his bride, and they lived a life fill with joy for centuries, the couple was a model for a lot of other vampires.

 

Minhyuk was also the perfect father. Attentive to his children, he refused to put them in another household to conclude to other unions between clans. Instead, he personally teach them everything he could, vampire history, how to behave but also how to prank, how to fight but also how to show mercy.

At that time, the little Byulyi couldn’t spend a day without her father, she’d follow him every day, and every vampires secretly thought she would be the perfect heir for the family.

 

They were a perfect family, but the war came and ended it.

 

Heejun was old enough to fight, but Hyuna, and obviously Moonbyul and their little brother weren’t. When the Kim start to attack the Jung’s vassals, to weaken the leading clan, they decided to hide the children in the main Jung castle, reputed and remainded impenetrable.

 

Minhyuk, Risa and Heejun went to the battlefield, but Heejun fall behind, the young vampire wasn’t experienced enough. When his parents rushed in order to save him, the trap was settled. The Kim were targeting them, using their oldest son as a bailt. They captured the parents, leaving Heejun in a blood bath, at the verge of dying, sparing his life because they found him harmless for them.

 

The faith the reserved to Risa and Minhyuk was worse. The Kim knew how powerful the Moon were, how they were the strongest vassal of the Jung, how they should destroy them to waken the whole clan.

The “perfect couple” were indeed perfect to send a message : how cruel the Kim were.

 

They sentenced Minhyuk to death, and force Risa to watch his long agony.

 

Not without beating him up, they attached Minhyuk  outside of one of their outpost, and let him burned  in front of his wife. Unlike humans common belief, a vampire doesn’t vanish in a second when being exposed to the sunlight. It takes hours, days for the strongest of them. Unfortunately, Minhyuk was that strong. For 4 days the outpost could hear his scream, his whimpers, his plead for life.

 

For 4 days, Risa was force to watch him dying, vanishing pieces after pieces. Of course she tried to saved him, she went berserk the first day, she killed the vampire guarding her, but then one of the main Kim chief fight her, she wasn’t strong enough and lost, and not only he chained her up with pure silver chains, but he cut her left legs.

 

When the screams and the pleads ceased, Risa was an empty shell. The Kim released her, threw her out of their land, she was their message. But she didn’t tell anybody until the end of the war, when the Jung and their allies crushed the faction of the Kim who wanted to destroy them.

 

She said  her husband died as a martyr, but never releaved his agony. One day, she just stopped telling about it, and started to ask when would he come back.

 

That’s when her children realised she partly lost her mind. She would spent days touring in their house with her wheelchair, speaking nonsense, waiting for her late husband, denying the reality. She wasn’t able to have normal conversation anymore and if someone tried to wake her up from her dreamland, she would go mad and threw kicks and fists or threw anything at range to them. Only her children were able to calm her.

 

The Kim took everything from who Moon Risa was, except the love she had for her children.

 

“Byulyi, did you came here to play with your sibling ? How sweet of you.”

 

“Y..yeah, I missed all of you, so I came here, and beside, Yongsun wanted to give you that book she talk you about the last time…ri-right Yongsun ah ?”

 

By then the couple had walk until Risa. The vampire, worned out by the time had lost her haughtiness. Sentenced to spend the rest of her life in a wheelchair by the Kim, her children made sure the bottom part of her body was wrapped in a blanket, because the sight of her missing leg would always end up with their mother having a panic attack.

 

For the first few decades, the Moon children didn't know how to react to their mother’s condition, they were torn between her altered reality and the brutality of their reality. But they quickly decided that her happiness was more important that anything, and play along.

 

“Yongsun sweety, you didn’t have to do this, I told Minhyuk to buy me a copy in that human library to talk about. I can’t go on my own, but he promise me he will go.”

 « No mother..he, he won't he's- »

 

Moonbyul, on her knees to be on eye level with her mother stop talking when she felt her wife hand on her shoulder. 

Out of the four Moon children, she was the one having the most difficulty to accept her mother's condition. Maybe it was because she was spending less time by her side, but there were time, like their visit, she wished she could explain everything to her mother, that she would woke up from her distorted reality. She’d often fight with her sibling about them lying to their mother, she thought hiding the truth only worsened her state but in the end, she was just blaming herself to not be able to do anything but remainding her Minhyuk with their similarities.

 

« Your husband asked me to bring it to you, Risa ssi. He apologizes to not being able to give it to you in person. »

 

« Is that so ? Well, thank you sweety. You know, we should continue our chit chat with some tea. I'm going to get some, you girls should just sit here, you're the guest after all. »

 

As her mother left temporaly the study room, Moonbyul found herself engulfed between Solar's arms, in a tight hug.

 

« you can let it go now Byul ah, it's just you and me. »

 

The blond vampire said nothing, but hugged her lover back, as tight as she could, her face hidden in the crock of the latter neck.

 

« Let's spend more time with your mother today shall we ? You're sibling won't mind pushing back the meeting. »

 

Again, the Moon vampire replied with silence, but as she the blond lock of the vampire she cherished deeply, Solar felt the later noding.

 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“You’re late.”

“We were spending time with mother, can you not just jump on me like this as soon as I arrived oppa ?”

“You’re the one who wanted monthly meeting, you could be at least on time when you’re urging us to come. And well, maybe you could visit mother more often, it’s as simple.”

“Jeez, easy guys, I’m not in the mood to fight.”

“Hmph”

“Heejun oppa, look at you did, now Byulyi is offended and Yongsun will have to be extra sweet to her later.”

“U..unnie”


 

In a situation like this, Solar never dare to say a word. What a mess as soon as they opened the door of the meeting room !

Moon Hee Jun and Moon Hyun A were already present, and comfortably seated in around a massive table. In its center was engraved the symbol of the clan.

It took time for her sibling to accept that Solar assist to their meeting, she was both glad and anxious for each of them. The Moon sibling were really changeable, and could either love or hate each other in a matter of a few second.


 

“Anyways, let’s all sit and begin.”

“Where is the rascal ? I’m pretty sure he knows about the meeting.”


 

Moonbyul asked, as she pulled a chair for Solar before sitting beside her.


 

“I don’t know, but it’s not like him being at time would change anything.”

“Yet you don’t scold him.”

“He’s not the one asking for us to replace him.”

“Oppa ! we’re all supposed to take care of this clan, not only me !”


 

Solar discretely sighed. Whenever Moonbyul and Heejun meet, they would argue about the same thing. Heejun as the oldest child should have taken upon the clan, however, the memory of how his “weak and pathetic”side , as the Kim shouted at him at the battlefield, haunted him. He felt guilty about what happened to his parents, and was depress because of their fate. Therefore he lacked in confidence in himself, judging he would only bring harms to the clan if he was the leader. The scars left by the Kim couldn’t be seen, but it was present, and Heejun couldn’t surpass it.

Nevertheless, after years of fighting with his sisters, he agreed to the idea of sharing some of the leader duties. He was the one managing the Moon mansion, and the one being the most present for their mother.

Moon Hyuna on the other side, was the one dealing with all the other Moon. Their aunts, cousins or even great grand uncles. She wasn’t really fond of this, because beside her sibling and herself, most of the Moon vampire were somehow traditional, pureblood and closedminded vampires. Needless to say, she had a lot of pressure on her shoulder when the news of Solar being, not only a girl, but a turned vampire would become Moonbyul’s wife appeared.


 

However, she was the perfect choice for this job. Being called “Hyuna the terrible”, she was known for her strong personality. Nobody, except her siblings, dare to say a word against her.

But despite her strong demeanor, she inherited of the loving side of her mother, and could do anything for her siblings.


 

“So Byulyi, are you going to represent us to the old fart birthday party.”

“Hyuna, show some respect, we’re talking about the Lim leader.”

“I agree on this one oppa, he’s just a creppy old fart, and a racist. I’ll go, since I have to, but Yongsun won’t be with me. The last time I almost punch him because of what he said. I don’t want him around Yongsun anymore.”

“Byul ah..don’t worry about me”

“Yeah Byul ah, stop babysitting her.”


 

Said Hyuna with a teasing tone. She quickly send a accomplice wink to Solar. Those two somehow became “teasing partner” when it comes to Moonbyul.


 

The blonde vampire wanted to reply, but the loud sound of the door being violently opened stopped her.

The culprit, a male vampire with pink hair casually walked in, not bothering if he interrupted anything.


 

“Yo, what did I miss ?”


 

He asked as he took the chair next to Hyuna, who ruffled his hair in exasperation.


 

“You’re late, Jong Up.”


 

If Moonbyul found Solar's sister, Sowon, troublesome, the latter was nothing but a nice kid compared to her little brother.

Moon Jong Up, the youngest of the Moon sibling was around Whee In’s age, yet act nothing like her. He was reckless, rude and lazy, and act like any humans punk. He was barely active for his clan or his family and would spend every night outside doing god knows what with his vampire friends.

Like Moonbyul, he had a liking to the human world. However, it was an unwholesome passion, especially for his victims.

“Yeah right, sorry, I was you know…busy.”

“You’ve been feeding on humans don’t you ?  it’s all we can smell.”

Jong Up didn’t reply for a few second, as he was busy looking in front of him, where his sister in law was seated. His sick and erted smile put her uneased.

“Yeah, that blood was delicious…”

The pink haired vampire said, dreamily. He put his foot on the table, ignoring the judging stare of his older brother. Hyuna tried to push his foot, but the maknae put them back as quick.


 

“…Why ? oh, maybe you wanted some Byul ?”

“Jong Up !” Stop acting like some kind of barbarian old vampire ! If you need blood, we have other way to provide-“

“Yeah, Yeah I know, some boring way if you want my opinion. God dammit we’re vampire, we choose, we chase and we drink right from the source ! And Noona, it’s not your place to sermon me like this... that wife of yours is the living proof you’re also a barbarian

“I didn’t kill her ! Stop comparing the situation !!”

“And I didn’t kill that provider of mine yet, it’s way too fun to play with it first. See ? I’m just like you.” Answered the youngest, a provokating wink at both his sister and Solar.


 

Infuriated, Moonbyul slamed both of her hand of the table made of marble. She stood up, eyes lock with her little brother one, who was clearly challenging her.

“Stop it Byulyi, you're playing his game.”

Heejung, impervious to the tension said. All he wanted was to finish this meeting, but it knew how difficult the task could be, given the personality of his sibling.


 

“So...”

Started the youngest Moon.

“I heard that my dear sister in law got into a fight with a human ? You should hang out with me and my bros Noona, you might be funnier that I expected you to be.”

“I...I didn't had a choice.”

“She was protecting her sister.”

“Hey ?! Hyun noona you ain't fair. You're yelling at me every time I'm out but not her ?!”

“It's different”

“But somehow..he's right” added Heejun.


 

“Oppa...not this again”


 

Moonbyul sighed, as she knew where the conversation was leading to.

“Yongsun,” continued the oldest “You should be careful, the Kim are out there and they know about you. You're an easy target for them.”

“But Heejun ssi...aren't the Kim quiet for the last 10 years now ?”

“Something is defitively fishy if you want my opinion. This, and also that rumor-”

“Stop gossinping Oppa.”

“Don't stop hyung, I love gossips.”

“Jong Up !”

“What ?! Noona, you're just being irrational with those Jung.”

“I am not Jong Up ! I'm spending my time inside the main manson, I know almost every Jung and if there was a traitor, I'd know it.”

“I'm sorry Byulyi, but I'm with our brothers for this. You might be too close to the Jung, it can alter your judgement.”

“And who's fault is it ?! You two ordered me to stay there, to play the leader !”

“not this again Byulyi....”

“Yes, this again ! “


 

As the tension between the 3 older Moon rose, Jong Up laughed at the situation. He stood from his chair, heading toward the exit.

“Now those meeting are interesting, too bad I'm a busy man, my bro are waiting for me.”

He said to no one in particular. Solar also stood up, she knew nothing more would happened, as the sibling were definitively in the mood to fight, the best she could do was to leave them settle their business together.

“Hm ? Yo Noona, wanna hang out with me and my BAP bros ?”

“BAP ?”

“Best Absolute Perfect, the best team of vampires cos we don't care about the old farts and their rules. C'mon, we're cool vampires.”

“No way I'll hurt and feed on humans like you do Jong Up. I'm not like you.”

The auburn vampire, who still for most of the part felt like a human looked at the wife's brother, a serious and grave expression on her face. She knew trying to stop the pink haired vampire was useless, nevertheless she wanted him to understand his wrong doing.

But like always, the reckless vampire walked away, an amused and evil smile painted on his lips.


 

Solar was fascinated by the Moon family and their history, but she was sure about one thing; The perfect family from the painting was somehow shattered, and it would take a miracle to fix it.


 

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tadah~ Here is chapter 2 ^^

I put information in this chapter here and there, let's see if you can catch it *evil laugh *

I've always wanted to develop more on Byul family, so I split the original chapter 2 in half \o/ 

There one part I didn't add tho..it didn't fit in there...I need to find the right moment to write it +__+

Next chapter, be ready for some Wheesa ^^ *thow confetti *

Please tell me what you think of the story so far ^^ it's important for me to have feedbacks from you Moomoo ^^


 

Until later~


 

(ps : I'm gonna read it again tomorrow morning for any grammar error, don't blame me it's midnight now and my old self is sleepy af)