Breaking Point part 1

Consequences : a Sinner sequel

Comfortably lying on their bed, the back against the bed frame, the short hair vampire enjoyed the silence surrounding her. She made sure to have everything settle for a peaceful moment; A dark room, only lightened by a few scented candle, which brought a delicate cinnamon smell. Outside, the sun was shining brightly, yet at this hour, she should have her beauty sleep.

 

Nevertheless, Hwasa was waiting for her other half, silence and calm as her comrade. Only the sound of her fingers taping on her computer keyboard could be heard. For her, being a vampire wasn’t equal as living forever in the 19e century. The turned vampire actually enjoyed the piece of technology, which was her principal link to the human world she left 85 years ago.

 

“Gosh, I’m soooooo tired”

 

The voice she loved the most break thought the open door, and Hwasa mechanically taped the space bar of her laptop, to pause the episode of the walking dead she was watching (it always amused her, how humans pictured “fantastic” creature).

 

As the whiny vampire practically crawled until their bed, Hwasa put the laptop away, and stretched her arm to welcome Whee In between them. The latter half layed on her lover, her face finding her tummy a best replacement for a pillow. Soon after, Hwasa started to pet Whee In hair, while looking at her with love overflowing on her eyes.

 

“I can understand why, the meeting with your father and Yunho oppa last for hours.”

 

“I know right ? This Moon clan..they gave them ideas by splitting the task and now father wants to change everything here..they didn’t even listen to me when I told them I was hungryyyy”

 

Whee In voice was muffled, as her face was against Hwasa tummy. As for the turned vampire, she chuckled a bit because her lover basically tickled her.

 

“Okay, THIS might explain why it took you so long to come back.

 

« Dear, you know me too well. »

 

Answered Whee In, while turning around. Still lying, she look at turned vampire with a matching wide smile. The latter started to play with her dark brown bang.

 

« So..where are you going this time ? »

« Eunji's house, as soon as the night takes over »

« Can I go with you ? »

« Hyejinie.. »

« hmph, I tried.. »

 

The ceased as Hwasa moved a bit on their bed, making her lover fall to the side. Whee In knew it, Hwasa started to get mad, she tried to calm her but knew the chance of success were low. For the past few months, the rumors that some of the Jung desert and betray the others was the talk of the town in the main family, as long as the other family of this huge clan.

 

 

« You know I have to do it, it's not like I enjoy going around for the past few months and leaving you behind. »

« Family duties huh ? »

« Hyejin ah..don't start with that tone, you know exactly what's going on. »

 

The turned vampire took back her computer, acted like she wasn't affected. But the Jung heir knew better; she took the computer and put it aside, only to sit on her lover's laps. She took her face between her right hand, and resist to the urge of kissing her

 

« We need to calm this family of mine, they all need to see that the main family is acting about that rumor of betrayal, that why going to every houses of the family is essential, too bad there is a lot of Jung.. »

« Why can't I go with you then ? I'm part of this family too, part of your life. »

« Krystal wasn't the only one in this family to hate turned vampire, I don't want anything to happen to you. »

« I can fight, and you know it. »

« I know but.. »

« But the other reason you don't want to tell me is that all those old creepy Jungs don't like to see a turned vampire this close to the “central power” right ? »

« Hyejinnie...I'm sorry..I don't want you to get hurt, in any ways. Here you'll be safe, but to be honest, I don't trust half of this huge clan. »

« So...this is also why you keep on postponing our wedding, right ? »

 

Whee In head was low, but she nodded at her lover last inquiry

 

« I love you Hyejin ah, don't ever doubt about it, but this situation we're in...something is going on in this family, either father, Yunho or I don't know what, but it's here, that why we're going to see our relative for the past few months, we need to clarify the situation. I want to marry you, more than anything, but this isn't the right time. Dear, can you wait a little more ? »

 

Hwasa chuckled a bit, making Whee In looked at her with wonder. The latter used this opportunity to kiss furtively the dimple vampire, before wrapping her arms around her.

 

« I have the eternity for that, but promise me one thing. »

« Hm ? »

« Our wedding has to be better than what the monkey did for her nun okay ? We can't lose against them. »

 

It was Whee in turn to laugh, as she hug her lover back.

 

« Of course it will. »

 

 

A few hours later, at dawn, Whee In left the main Jung mansion. Hwasa knew it was an odd thought, but she was relieved to know her lover was travelling with Jung Taekwoon and Jung Jinwoon, 2 of the finest warriors of the family.

 

She knew that, out of all the Jung, Eunji wasn’t the one she should worry about, rather than that, it was the whole situation that puzzled her. How this rumor start, how it spread in all the family, the clan and even worse, in other clan was beyond her comprehension.

Was it a way their enemies found to weaken them ? It could be, it was that she thought at first, but when she saw the reaction of master Jung the first time he heard about it, she start to ponder how such a story rose.

It has to have some truth in it, I mean, the Jung are too numerous to walk the same path.

 

Ever since the incident including Moonbyul, Solar and Krystal, master Jung made it clear and loud, the turned vampire were accepted and welcomed within the clan. It never happened before, as her own integration was more secret and peaceful.

Ahn Hye Jin was the first turned vampire accepted in the Jung family, and years after years she became, unwillingly at first, their representative, their attorney, their guide. After fully becoming a vampire, she taught the lost soul which the Jung thought they could be more useful that soldier than meat. It was how herself became a vampire after all.

The memory of that fateful night, 85 years ago, were special to her. Strangely enough, the first time she felt alive was the day Whee In’s fangs pierce into her neck, the stinging sensation were like an electroshock, giving her a second chance she never believed she deserved.

 

 

“Lionheart, we have a new mission for you.”

8 words on a blank page of paper, inside a letter free of any marks.

It was like this that all her mission start.

Knowing the procedure, Hwasa put her best poker face on, and walk across the busy street of Jeonju,  her hometown, to the nearest phone booth.

She knew she had to wait for 10 minutes, so she acted like any other Korean girl in their twenties, but not without keeping a close eye around all the soldiers surrounding her.

Living in a country gnawed by war was a curse, as she always said. But being a spy in a country gnawed by war was useful and tactical. Fortunately for her, Ahn Hye Jin was THE spy.

Known as Lionheart, she was, at the age of 23, the most feared spy by her boss enemies. Nobody knew her face, but everybody heard about her doing, and how the people who were unlucky to cross her fate ended.

She was trained since childhood, and only knew how to follow order, how to never ask anything, how to kill when being told to. She was coldhearted and never show mercy, especially when she was ordered to not leave any witness.

Hwasa was a machine, who only knew to follow order.

When she heard the ringing sound from the phone booth, she automatically stood up, frightening the people around her, and took the handset.

“Lionheart ?”

“Yeah, it’s me.”

“You have a new mission. Tomorrow, at noon. You have to infiltrate a very well-guarded mansion, our customer wants you to steal information from the owner. No witness. Details are waiting for you on your kitchen table.”

As fast as it begun, the call ended. However, the spy wasn’t surprise. She had some wonder, especially about the hour of the infiltration, but knew better than asking questions.

As if nothing happened, she returned cross the street back to her small apartment, to prepare herself for what she believed to be a mission like any other.

 

 

Being fully clothed in black felt weird, especially in the middle of the day during august. But what was even more bizarre was to find the target’s mansion completely closed. From outside, Hwasa noticed that every shutter were closed, some of them had plank nailed in a X shape. So much for a “very well guarded mansion”.

The house seemed abandoned, not a soul was a sight, no guard in front of the entrance. Hwasa pondered for a while, did her boss got the wrong location ?

Nevertheless, she approached the building. It’d be faster to know if she was at the wrong place by entering it. Like the expert she was, finding her way inside the building was easy.

The first room she was in was the kitchen. It was obvious, as soon as she put a foot on this room, that the mansion was inhabited. The remaining smell of meat, plates let to dry on the drain rack..People were living there, but why were they barricaded?

Nevertheless, the spy stayed calm, and even more alert to the tiniest sound.

Her mission was clear ; she was there to steal plans, and a notebook full of location. The client only mentioned that they needed them to annihilate nuisance, but the reason was the least of Hwasa’s worry. She was just there to accomplish her mission.

Rooms after rooms, the spy examined the house, looking for the items. The client gave a good description of them, especially about the engraved “J” with gilding. The first floor was helpless, so she headed toward the second floor, being extra careful on the old wooden stair which could awake dead people. It was pitch dark inside the whole building; she only had a small lamp and her trained eyes to travel.

She entered what look like an office room, and her hopes rose. For the first time, she was eager to end a mission, something inside those walls bothered her, but she couldn’t put a word on it.

Still focused, she found an office desk, with numerous document put on it. She let her emotion have the best of her when she almost rushed to it, the place feeling more and more suffocating.

And luckily for her Hwasa found the main prize; the notebook, and a set of old plans, both the the “J” signature.

However, a light snoring stop her on her track.

Did she heard right ?

….

A second one only confirmed her suspicions.

She wasn’t alone in that room.

What a rookie error ! She was so eager to leave as fast as possible, she didn’t examine fully the room. Otherwise, she would have notice the office was only a part of this big room. Separated with a thin wall without a door was a bedroom, lightly lighten with two candles on a bed table.

She approached, so furtively her footstep couldn’t be heard.

Indeed, somebody was asleep covered by a heavy blanket.

Another thing to add in the oddity of this house : Somebody sleeping in a barricaded house, sealed from the sun light, at noon.

At the bed feet, Hwasa had a decision to make. Was this people pretend to be asleep ? Were they really sleeping ? She couldn’t know, but the result was the same for the coldhearted spy ; there was a witness.

The client was clear, no witness.

One step after the other, Hwasa approached the bedframe, a sharpened knife in her right hand. While some of her comrades took pleasure in killing, she preferred doing this part of her job quickly, with no blood effusion.

When the tip of her knife was near her victim right’s ear, ready to kill, the innocent soul turned around in her sleep.

Yes, Her sleep.

Hwasa stopped right away. She thought the room, the plans, the notebook belonged to some mafia old man, not to a young woman.

A beautiful young woman.

She looked so innocent, so peaceful, so…mesmerizing.

Certainly not dangerous.

The spy took a few step back, eyes still on the young lady. She had long black hair, and a flawless face and Hwasa was pretty sure she saw a dimple when the sleeping beauty move her lips in her sleep.

For the first time in her life, Hwasa decided to disobey.

How could she ended the live of such a beautiful human being ?

She was sure the young lady was asleep, all she needed was to leave as quietly as possible, nobody had to know there was a witness.

Slowly but surely, the spy went back to the office desk and took the needed item. Not without looking on last time at the sleeping beauty, she left the odd mansion.

 

 

Pain.

All she could feel was pain. She wasn’t use being the one feeling it, as she usually bring pain to her victims.

Yet, a knee on the ground, Hwasa try her best to not scream because of the pain she felt.

The same day, at soon as the night took over, she had a meeting with the client, under an unnamed bridge, to give them the plans and notebook, and to receive the money.

But as soon as she handed the items, one of the 2 men took a gun and shoot her in the knee.

 

“Roh Ji Hoon ! Hurry and kill her already ! We need to go ! We can’t be seen with her !”

“Wait a minute..hey you, the spy, I need to know one more thing. Did you saw anybody in that house ?”

Panting, Hwasa slowly look at the smirking man with the gun on his left hand. Her knee hurt like hell, but her ego hurt even more, she let somebody hurt her.

“What if I saw somebody ?”

“Damn it Jihoon ! Kill her ! Didn’t you smell her ?! Of course there were some Jungs inside !”

“Spy, who was with you ?”

“Nobody”

“Hmm..too bad for you, I hate liar”

Roh Jihoon said before firing again, aiming for the other knee. Already hurt, Hwasa wasn’t quick enough to dodge it, and couldn’t stop a scream as she was shot for the second time of her life.

The pain was unthinkable, unbearable as she fall of her back. She heard the footstep of  this Roh Jihoon, and soon felt his right feet kicking her.

She was a the verge of passing out, numb of everything. Was it how she was going to die ? She never imagined her death, yet was disappointed to leave this world this way.

“Jihoon we need to go, we need to..AAAARG !!!”

The second man screamed. It brought some sense to Hwasa, who look to his direction. Noh Ji Yeon stop his assault, as he also look to his comrade direction.

Here she was, the sleeping beauty.

By then, Hwasa was pretty sure the pain made her hallucinate. The young lady stood in front on the corpse of the second man, already on the ground. She had blood on her white shirt, and terrific red eyes.

“Y..You..”

“A Roh... I should have guess it, you and your family are such rats.”

“Jung Whee In..”

“Give me back that notebook Jihoon, and your death will be quicker”

“Because you think a small thing like you can beat me ?!”

Bruised by the bullets and the kicking, the last thing Hwasa saw before passing out was the sleeping beauty she spared.

The young, beautiful and innocent girl with red eyes had  the right hand soiled of the second man blood as  she run toward Noh Ji yeon, the deadliest expression Hwasa ever saw in her eyes.

 

When she woke up, she found herself laying on something soft. Everything was blurred, her whole body hurt, but it was signs that she was alive, right ?

“You're finally awake human ?”

Her eyes grew big, hearing that voice. She heard it before passing out. She turned her head left and right, and noticed the young lady seated next to the bed. She was holding her wallet, and the several false ID cards she had for her job.

“You'd call you by your name, I can't tell which one is the real one.”

She said, as she threw the card on the ground.

“I..won't tell you.”

“Ugh, not nice I mean..I saved your life, you owe me at least your real name.”

That was when Hwasa realised the situation. She was back on the bedroom,where she almost kill the innocent young lady. Attached on her left wrist was a blood bag, and she saw how her knees where clumsily wrapped by bandage. It wasn't as painful as it should, and judging for the sting mark on her arm, she guessed she was injected some morphine to calm the pain.

“Did..Did you patch me up ?”

She hesitantly asked the young lady.

“I couldn't let you die for now, I have questions.”

“I...don't know anything.”

“I guess you'd say that, you're what humans called a spy right ? There is a lot of people like you lately.”

“...”

“Those two men were from the Roh family, some weak fellows working for the Kim, I heard it's a habit of them to use humans to do their dirty work, but I didn't believe it until tonight.”

Hwasa stay silent, listening to the not so innocent girl, and pondering her chance of escape. There were low, especially given her knees condition.

“What you stole are the location of the different part of my family around the country, I guess the Roh wanted to give it to their master. Too bad for them, they died for nothing.  The Kim knows those addresses, and we know where they are as well. We should, at least, know the location of our enemies. But I needed to set an example, even it’s a penthouse, nobody enter our house without invitation.”

“..Who are you, some kind of mafia ? That's why you barricaded inside this house ?”

She heard the young lady chuckled. She stood up, and slowly walked toward the bed, only to sit on the verge of it, close to the spy face. She said nothing for a few second, and closed her eyes after taking a good breathe.

“You're very lucky I was the one knowing about you, other from my family would have kill you by then, just because of you blood's smell. “

“...Who the hell are you ?”

“I asked first, human.”

“I spared your life earlier, you're the one owing me, so speak”

“You're..an interesting human you know ? I'm Jung Whee In, second heir of the Jung family, leader of our clan, and I just use my lunch to save your . So tell me who you are and why were you inside this house during day light.”

“Your lunch ?”

“That blood bag.”

“Huh ?”

“Oh, I forgot to mention, I'm a vampire.”

Whee In said, her eyes reddening after her revelation.

“Find something else to scare me little girl, your vampire story isn't working”

“Oh…but it should, human.”

In the spark of a millisecond, the angelic face of Whee In harbored a devious smirk. Adding to the red eyes, it gave an immediate reaction to Hwasa’s body. She started to feel afraid, yet was mesmerized. She felt the vampire’s hand on her chin, as the latter hold her face to look directly in her eyes.

“It’s the last time I ask, human. What’s your name ?”

“Ahn..Ahn Hye Jin”

Hwasa couldn’t understand how in a matter of a few seconds, she lost her will of resisting the creature. She lost herself in the deep red eye of Whee In, was ready to tell her everything. Was it some kind of spell the vampire put on her ? She couldn’t know, and couldn’t care either. Jung Whee In was just too mesmerizing.

“Good. Now, Ahn Hye Jin, tell me how you entered this house without anybody noticing you, and how I couldn’t either hear or smell you while you were scavenging like some rat in my room ?”

“Like you said, I’m a spy, your items were my mission.”

“That’s why you tried to kill me ?”

“The client said no witness.”

“But then why did you spare me ? I woke up feeling the cold blade of your knife on my ear, but you withdraw it right before I could attack you back.”

“I..couldn’t kill you”

“Is that so ? But why ?”

“You’re too beautiful to die.”

Whee In got flustered, hearing the last answer from the human. She released the latter chin and took a few step back, away from the bed. Her whole life, she encounter many humans, all of them only showed fear, distress to her. Yet this human..was something else.

“You’re really curious for a spy.”

 

The vampire away, Hwasa came back to her sense. The last few minutes felt weird, like she wasn’t the one in control of her mind and body.

“You still need to explain me how I or all the other vampire couldn’t detect you. Vampire smell humans and their blood meters away, and this sole reason is what keep you alive for now, so you better answer.”

“I’m trained, that’s all.”

“What ?”

“Since I’m 7 years old, I was trained to never leave a trace, never being heard or detected by anybody, I guess I’m even better than what I thought, if vampire can’t detect me.”

“Don’t be boastful human. With those knees of yours, you can see good bye to your career.”

At the mention of her injuries, the spy brows frowned. The vampire was right, being shot like she was,  Hwasa knew she no longer be a spy. Worse, she wasn’t sure she could ever walk again.

Her world fall apart at this realization. Her whole life was dedicated to her job. It was the only thing she ever knew, and felt like an empty shell now that it was taken from her.

“You should have let me die.”

She said in a whisper.

“Hell no, Human.”

The sudden outburst of the vampire startled her. She lifted her head, and was once again greeted by the angelic yet terrific Jung Whee In. The latter had a smirk painted on her lips as she took slow steps toward her.

“I can feel when somebody, humans or vampire has potential. I could use somehow like you, you could become an essential part of my clan, if you agree on teaching what you know to my people.”

“I don’t know how a disabled spy could be useful to you.”

She heard the vampire softly laugh, and felt her finger on her chin as the latter bend over to reach her eyes and approach her face to her own.

“Let me turn you into one of my people. Your knees would heal, and you’d have the eternity to prove me how valuable you can be, Ahn Hye Jin.”

 

Hwasa couldn’t remember what bewitched her first ; the beauty of the vampire, her melodious voice or her intriguing personality. But as she nodded to the vampire, as she pleaded her to become a vampire herself, she was determined to use this second life to comprehend the sleeping beauty, her sleeping beauty.

 

“Okay kids, next time I’ll teach you about another human country, but for now, you need to sleep.”

“Thanks Hyejin nim !!”

A motherly smile on lips, Hwasa looked at the small vampire, the future of the clan running away toward their quarter.

They were the embodiment of her proudest doing as the member of this clan. A class for young vampires, either turned or pure blood, reunited to learn about the human world. It was her and master Jung idea, to familiarize the younger generation to the human world, and for him, nobody but Hwasa could endorse this project.

As she gather her belonging, ready to leave the study room of the main mansion, the turned vampire smelt a familiar person.

“Wow, I’m actually jealous of those kids.”

“Shut up Moon”

“What I’m serious, I’d had love this kind of class back in the day.”

She lifted her head and saw a grinning blond vampire, leaning against the door frame.

“What do you want Byulyi ?”

“I can’t come a greet a friend ?”

“I know you’re not here for that.”

“Right, I had to come back for that Lim birthday party, and I’m beyond bored just at the thought of it.”

“It makes two of us then.”

“You’re going ?”

“Whee In isn’t back yet, so I need to go to replace her.”

“Where did she went this time ?”

“To see Jung Eunji, but she should be here for hours now.”

The two friends talked as they headed, with heavy steps to one of the mansion diner room, where the society party in honor of the old vampire took place.

“You know how Eunji is, I think she kidnapped Whee In to talk with her for hours.”

“I bet she bribed her with food too.”

Once inside the dining room, Moonbyul and Hwasa were surprise by the lack of guest. They sure to be on time, even a little late. Master Jung was present, and walked toward them in order to greet them.

“At least some funny people ! please Byulyi, tell me Hyuna taught you knew pranks during your journey, we need something to spice up this disastrous evening.”

“Look like Nobody cares about the old Lim, right Sir ?”

“Don’t say it this loud Hyejin ah..but I agreed with you for this, this grumpy vampire needs to-“

A familiar smell stopped the Jung elder on his track. Not only him, but Moonbyul, Hwasa and the dozen of vampires caught it as well. In unison, they all looked toward the door.

The smell of blood wasn’t supposed to be this frightening for them, but how could they react, as the three of them recognize it right away ? It was Whee In’s scent, they were sure of it.

The door burst opened, and releaved Jung Ilhoon.

He was panicked, his pupils were dilated, face covered in blood and sweat.

Behind him was Taekwoon, his face in the same state as his cousin.

Hwasa fall on her knee when she noticed an unconscious and injuried Whee In on his back.

The party was long gone, the vampires beyond shocked as Ilhoon, out of breath screamed:

 

“YUNHO IS DEAD !!”

 

 

Tadah~

The last chapter of background is now over, time for the real deal *evil smirk*

Be ready people \o/

Btw, don’t hesitate to mention me your favorite idol whom name are Jung !  I need a lot of them !