Prologue

Consequences : a Sinner sequel

It was a cold winter night, and like any other nights in this city, the rooftops were painted with the immaculate snow. Solar found back her usual spot, on the roof of the XIXe style building near the way too noisy club.

She was dressed with her favorite ripped jeans, a warm black hoody and a dark leather jacket smelling like Moonbyul. She barely felt the cold, and thanks her vampire ability for this, but nevertheless, she left like a child again as she played with the fog of her respiration to occupied herself. A night like could be long, she knew it, but felt obligated to endure it.

 

“Now I know why I couldn’t find my jacket.”

A voice, no..That voice

She smiled hearing that voice. Solar didn’t need to look on her left, she knew to whom this voice belong. Finally, something to spice up her night on the frozen rooftop.

“Oh sorry Moon Byul Yi, was this jacket your favorite ?”

Her tone was obviously playful;

“Yes, Miss Yongsun. You need to repay me now, you sneaky thief.”

The voice of Moon Byul Yi, leader of the Moon clan, matched the playful demeanor of her lover. If any of their friends was around, they’d shriek out of embarrassment.

“Hmmm, let me think”

The auburn hair vampire said. She was looking in the air, her right index softly taping her chin to look in deep thought.

“..I could kiss you right now, right here, but I know this is exactly what you want. But your presence here means you followed me, yet again.”

Solar stood up while talking. As a way to tease the blond hair vampire, she slowly walked toward her, and poked her chest with the same right index to punctuate her speech.

“..So, I just should be mad at you again.”

“You know exactly why I followed you.”

The serious tone of Moonbyul put an end of the weird looking flirt. She tried to take Solar’s left hand but failed, as the latter pushed her away.

“And you know I got the permission directly from master Jung.”

“Yongsun ah..”

“I don’t wanna talk about it again Byul ah, I have the right to be here.”

“But you know deep inside that you shouldn’t..I understand your feeling, but this isn’t your life anymore, all the other turned vampire went through it, they gave up of their previous life, as hard as it is you-“

“The other turned vampires of our clan didn’t left a little sister behind. You know how she is Byul, I need to protect her.”

“You’ve been doing it for the past 15 years, she’s an adult now.”

“I need to protect her, ESPECIALLY since she’s an adult. Protect her from herself and her choice of a lifestyle. Look, I wasn’t there for her when our mother died, she was a teenager..”

Solar diverted her attention from her lover. The memory of her late mother in mind, about the funeral she couldn’t attempt haunted her. Her mother passed away 7 years ago and despite her vampire status, she was still a devoted and religious person, and the guilt of missing the funeral eat her alive. At that time, Solar was inconsolable, and Moonbyul would find her every night near her mother’s grave.

It was at that time Solar decided to look upon her little sister. She knew the interdiction of a vampire’s life, yet went against it, against the authority of the Master. Lucky for her, the head of the Jung clan, Whee In’s father was fond of bold personality like her, and in the end they came into an agreement. The newly turned vampire could look after her sister, but the latter shall never notice her presence.

With small steps, Solar arrived at the end of the rooftop and look below, the noisy club were her sister, now 22 years old would spend almost all her night in.

“She’s lost Byul, she’s doing stupid thing and put herself in danger every now and then, and until she takes the right decision for her life, I need to stay in her shadow and protect her if needed. This is what Master Jung and I decided.

The Moon vampire followed her lover and naturally wrapped her arms around her, to envelop her in a tight back hug. She mimicked the auburn vampire and look at the club, her chin on Solar’s right shoulder.

“Your mother ‘s death was a tragedy, for the both of you, and your action are honorable Yongsun ah. I feel honored to be by your side, but at the same time I’m worried for you. What if she finds out ?”

Solar let out a small smile, hearing the concern of Moonbyul. She leaned her back on her, and her hands on the Moon Vampire’s ones.

“That’s why you’re following me right ? To prevent it.”

“This, but also because my wife spent too much time outside, and I miss her.”

Moonbyul punctuated her speech with a quick kiss on the later right cheek, pouring all her love in this simple yet meaningful action.

Not even 6 months after Solar’s transformation, the couple married each other, something rather unique in the vampire world. They would always remember that blissful day, how the whole clan was present, how the master played his part and formalize their union. At that time, Solar felt welcome  in a new family. It was a long process for her, but with the help of Moonbyul as well the first vampire friends she had in the Jung mansion, Whee In and Hwasa, she was able to embrace the vampire’s lifestyle. Well..not completely, as she refused to drink human blood, but she was quickly fascinated by this world and its rules, clans and everything that go along. Moonbyul would spent hours to teach her vampires history, how to defend herself or how to control her bloodlust.

As for the Moon vampire, she underestimated how her life would change, having Solar by her side. She had dream about it ever since they gave themselves to each other, but what she had found was beyond her expectation. 15 years of living together and yet, the ex-nun surprised more and more every day. She was beautiful, cute, silly, astonishing, kind, determined, passionate..Moonbyul could spend hours describing how she felt about the new vampire, yet couldn’t find world to say how happy and alive she became even since she could hold her hand.

 

They stayed silent for a while, enjoying the warmth of being in each other arms in this cold winter night.

 

“Ain’t you bored though ? She’s spending hours in this club and your spending hours in this rooftop, waiting for something to happen.”

“No, since my wife is keeping me company~

But you know, ever since she got her new boyfriend I’m even more worried. I don’t trust him.”

“You’re saying this because you’re her older sister.”

“No Byul, something isn’t right with him, I’m sure he-“

 

“ OFF, YOU BASTARD !!”

 

The highly speech voiced startled the couple. In synch, they looked below, on the dark and suspicious back alley between the club and the building they were.

“Ugh, speaking of the devil”

Their vampire abilities allowed them to see even with the lack of light, and they noticed a young man following a very, very angry and agitated girl. They went out of the club by the backdoor, the girl was aiming for the main street, with quick steps. The clicking sounds of her high heels resonated in the alley, and soon were followed by the loud step of the man. He stopped the girl by taking her arms, and turned her around, for her to face him.

“It is not what it looks like, I swear !”

“Oh please , what a lie ! You kissed that girl in front of me ! your girlfriend ! I ing hate you !”

“Sowon, my love I swear, I don’t even know her !”

“Stop lying Jimin ! I saw how you looked at her !”

As she was yelling, Sowon freed her arms from Jimin’s hold, hit him several time only to push him away in the end.

“Well Yongsun, not only your little sister looks like just like you, but she got the same character. I’m as afraid of her that I am afraid of you if I ever do something that makes you mad.”

Solar, still enveloped in Moonbyu’sl arms hit the latter with her elbow.

“No way, I am not this hysteric.”

“I love you Sowon !”

The cries of the poor boy caught the vampires attention back. He seemed despair, but something in his eyes alerted Solar.

“We’re over Jimin ! Over ! You told me you’d change for me, but you’re just a stupid played and an ! I’m done falling into your trap ! get lost !”

“Wait, you can’t leave me !”

“Like hell I do ! move ! I’m out ! And don’t even show up in front of me again, bastard !”

The girl in high heels resumed her frantic exit, but as she turn her back to Jimin, she couldn’t see her now ex-boyfriend taking a small but sharp knife from his pocket. He followed her, his left arm in the air.

“I said, you can’t leave me, stay here Sowon !”

Now exasperated, the girl turned around, willing to slap the way too insistent boy, but let out a scream seeing his weapon.

“Yah Jimin, what are you doing, get away from me !”

“No..my love, if I can’t be with you, nobody does ! Let’s die, together !”

“Get lost you psycho !”

Seeing the turned of event, Solar turned around briefly to look at Moonbyul, while she put her hood on.

“See ? This is exactly why I can’t leave her alone.”

She jumped from the rooftop, in full vampire speed. Moonbyul face palmed herself, glad to not be in the boy shoes. She heard him scream out of pain as Solar came, yet again, to save her sister from a critical situation. Moonbyul stopped couting the time stepped in, all she knew was that her sister-in-law was a trouble magnet.

“RUN !”

She heard Solar yell at her sister, who didn’t took time to thank her savior as she run away from all this trouble.

A few second later, Solar was back on the rooftop. She took Moonbyul’s hand and escaped the area by jumping from rooftop to rooftop. She knew the cries of agony of the boy would alerted humans around, and didn’t wanted to be seen.

“Do you want to call the hospital, I bet you broke this boy at least 3 bones”

“Hell no I won’t ! He deserve the beating, he better learn his lesson I won’t be as merciful if I ever see him around Sowon again”

“Ah..What did happened to my gentle Nun ?”

Said Moonbyul half joking, as the both of them left the human town.

 

A few block from the club, Sowon stop running, she needed to take a breathe again. Her hands on her knees, she took loud respiration, not minding the look the passerby gave her.”

“It was this person again, I’m sure of it..”

She spotted a bench on her left, and decided to sit for a while, she needed to calm herself.

“Who are you, super stranger ?”

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi people ^____^ It's me again \o/

Having sinner being translated in portuguese boost my motivation to start the writing of the sequel ^^

Here is just a prologue, a way for me to give you information about what happened between Sinner and Consequences ^^

I also wanted to introduce Solar's sister, one of the (many) new characters in the fic, the one and only Gfriend Sowon \o/

Sorry to all BTS fan, I needed a boy to play the psycho ex boyfriend and his name was the first to pop in my head lmao

Stay tuned for the rest of the fic~

Until later,