1. Suho (read warnings please)

Cerca Trova

Type: ANGST, a little bit of fluff, violence
Words: 8175

Main Characters: Reader, Suho

Pairings: Reader X Suho
Warnings: ANGST (lots of it), blood, mentions of kidnapping, character death.
A/N: Hey this is the first part of this series, I've worked really hard on it so please tell me what you think on my tumblr, or here! @gweanchanhajagiya I'll try to answers any questions you might, have I love interacting with my readers :3 Enjoy but please read the warnings!

 

Your pov

 

Marseille 10:10

 

Rays of sunlight beating down on your face woke you, and you rolled over to find the other side of your bed empty. Cold. 

“Suho?” you mumbled, rubbing your eyes, yawning. When you finally managed to open your straining eyes the room was empty. He wasn’t there. He never left the bed without kissing you. A frown appeared on your face. “Suho?” you called again, sitting up. 

The covers fell from your shoulders, leaving you cold and bare. One of his discarded sweaters on the floor would have to do for now. It was soft on the inside, reaching the top of your thighs. His clothes were actually quite a good fit on you.

The little worry you had seeped away when you found his camera still sitting on the nightstand. He never went anywhere without it, never. It was old, and a little beat up. One of those ancient polaroid cameras. Sometimes you thought the chord had literally grown attached to his neck, the way he always carried it around. It was something you grew to love, like every other little thing about him. 

His warm smile, his soft snores, his passion for photography, his stupid jokes. But also his secrets, his seclusion, and his past. Even though you didn’t know all of it yet. It had been a few months since you found out, about his powers. 

 

It wasn’t like the movies, or the books. You didn’t walk in on him doing something weird, he didn’t use it to save you. He came to you, shaking on his legs, tears in his eyes. 

“Jagi,” he had mumbled, playing with the hem of your shirt, before he looked up at you. “I need to tell you something, I can’t keep this from you any longer.” his words had scared you at first, but you had been together for close to two years by then. You had nodded and lead him to the couch.

"I…I’m not normal. I can do things, that normal people can’t do.” he had stopped, a tear slipping from his eyes. You had frowned at him, but wiped the tear away. 

“It’s okay.”  you whispered.

“I would ask you to not leave me when I say this, but I can’t do that to you.” he had swallowed thickly, breath wavering. “Just hear me out, and then…you don’t have to do anything with it. Just let me…” 

He had been rambling, his sentences mixing in a way you could barely comprehend. Tears running down his cheeks by now, and you had been trying to keep strong. Your own tears threatening to spill over. “Suho, please. Just say it.” 

His dark eyes had looked into yours and he had sighed. With fake determination he had ran his hand over his cheeks, leaving the back of his hand wet. Suddenly, it was like it was moving, lifting from his skin. It formed a single teardrop, floating midair, perfectly still. 

Without even thinking about what you were doing, you reached out for it. He told you afterwards that your eyes lit up like stars, like a kid in a candy store. You never believed in fairytales, not even when you were a kid. But that didn’t mean you didn’t love reading them, but your mind had always been rational. Seeing that, your boyfriend doing what seemed like magic opened something up in you. Like it let out the kid you’d never given the chance to live. 

You learnt to love it, like you loved him. He never used it actually, only when you forgot your umbrella once and you guys were in the fields. There were girls that bragged about kissing their boyfriend in the rain. And you had a story where your boyfriend shielded you from the rain when you kissed, creating a magical bubble of safety. 

 

And there he was, on the couch, sleeping. Soft snores escaped his lips. He was wearing his favourite oversized white shirt and washed jeans. You smiled, but you still wondered why he was sleeping there. Maybe it was a nightmare. 

Lately, you saw the circles under his eyes become bigger. It seemed like a cliche like this. Boyfriend suddenly gets dark circles, behaviour changes, like it was leading to something bad. However, this was Suho. He wanted you to call him Suho, but Kim Junmyeon was his real name, you never really asked why. You’d just ask him what’s wrong, and he’ll reassure you that it’s nothing. Everything was so normal with him, so…white picket fence. You’d never wish for it to be any other way. 

He shifted a little on the couch, and you noticed you were still staring from the other side of the room.  An idea came to mind, and you went into your room to get his camera. You snapped a photo of him sleeping like that, calm and normal. 

You found him beautiful, you really did. But he didn’t have the sharp features of the models you saw in the magazine, or y eyes that made all the girls swoon. No, he was your Suho. With his soft features, round cheeks, sweet eyes, fluffy hair. There was time when he had styled his hair up and away from his face, and damn he looked fine like that. But his hair down suited him better in your opinion, you liked to run your hands through it. Watch his eyes turn to little crescent moons as he laughed and smiled at you. 

It was cold inside the room, you weren't wearing much. Still just underwear and his sweater. You placed the developing picture top down on the table and reached for the blanket on the couch. It was soft, and warm. That and his camera, those were his most cherished possessions. Slowly, you pulled it over his legs to his chest. 

Suddenly, his phone started beeping loudly. Suho stirred and reached out for it quickly, but you beat him to it. 

“You’ve been glued to that thing for the past week. I’m sure it can wait.” you said, sitting down and holding it behind your back. 

He blinked his eyes, groaning. “Y/n, I need to take that.”

“No you don’t. You need to talk to me. What’s going on?” you ran a hand trough his hair and cupped his cheek. He leant into your , as he always did, and looked up at you. 

“I don’t want to put the weight on your shoulders. It could only get you hurt.” he sat up, and you felt his hand going around your hip to your back. 

You stood up, slapping his hand away. “Nah-ah! I expected this you know. I trust you that when you want to tell me, you will. But it’s putting a strain on you and I don’t want to see that.” 

Suho nodded, running a hand through his hair. “Sorry for leaving the bed without saying anything. I got a call and I didn’t want to wake you, it was early.” 

“S okay.” you smiled, putting your fingers under his chin to make him look up at you. “You sure you’re okay?” 

Something flashed across his eyes and his bit his lip. Not in the way he usually did, the habit that you find unusually y. No, this was him chewing his lip in worry. 

“How about this. I’m going to make breakfast, and then we’ll take a walk. The weather seems nice enough. You can clear your mind and maybe we can talk about it after.” 

He smiled, genuinely. “That sound great. You need help?” 

“No, close your eyes for a little longer. Seems like you need it.” You leant down and kissed him before you walked away. 

“Y/n?” he said before you left the room. 

You turned back. “Hmm?” 

“I would really like my phone back.” he mumbled, biting his lip again. “Please?” 

“Fine, just…you’re important too, you know that right? You can’t put everyone first all the time, not even me.” you tossed it to him, but didn’t wait for his answer before walking into the kitchen. 

Suho was the type of guy to always want to take care of everybody, make sure everyone’s okay before he is himself. It was something you really valued, you tried to do it too. Sometimes though, everyone needed to put themselves first. 

 

 

Suho's pov 

 

He watched you leave, legs bare underneath his sweater. He had been so caught up in his own mind that he barely noticed you weren’t wearing much else. Normally that would’ve interrupted his train of thoughts. You were right, it was straining on him. 

The small screen on his phone case was still signalling a message. He flipped it open to find 3 missed calls and a message from the same unknown number. Fear overtook his senses, and with shaking hands he pressed return call on the screen. 

It didn’t even ring, it immediately turned to the message; “This number is no longer available.” 

His heartbeat sped up. It was normal for the numbers to be deactivated after a call. But he’d never received 3 consecutive calls. 

 

I’m coming over

Rest first

 

K.

 

Rest first…rest first…how long would that give him? An hour or two at least. There was no way he’d get away from you today. It was Sunday, and that was a day you always scheduled free especially for him. On other days you went to school or to your job, never on Sundays. 

“.” he mumbled, running a hand through his hair nervously. He could not stand him up, there was no way. This was way too important. You wanted him to put himself first, which was sort of what he was doing right now. This wasn’t just about the others, but also about him. All of them. 

There was only one solution. He’d have to take you with him, tell you everything. The thought alone scared him to death.

“Please don’t look so worried. You’re going to wrinkle that pretty forehead of yours way to quickly.” you chuckled at him when you walked back into the room, carrying two plates. 

He narrowed his eyes at you. “You can’t even see my forehead right now.” 

“What is your point?” 

“It sounded better in my head.” he laughed and you laughed too. He watched you set the plates  down onto the table, now wearing a pair of jeans and a blouse. 

“Suho, sweetie.” you straddled his lap, cupping his cheeks. He protested when you pressed them, making his lips scrunch up. “Remember that I’m the funny one in this relationship.” 

He wanted to say something, but it came out as a grumble. You let him go and he held you by your waist. “You ain’t even that funny, you know.”

“Imagine what that says about you.” you winked, and he rolled his eyes. 

You ate in silence, you with your legs across his lap, and him resting his plate on them. Suho watched you, how you smiled when you caught him watching, how you crumbs of your lips. He wondered what he’d done to deserve you. You knew about his powers, and you hadn’t run away. But more even, you never pressed to find out more. Like you had understood how fragile it was, like you sensed that he didn’t want you to pry in his past. There were so many things he was dying to tell you, but couldn’t. He saw it in your eyes sometimes, when you caught him in a lie, you had never said anything though. 

Even now, with him constantly calling people, worrying, barely sleeping. Even through that, you still didn’t ask too much. The only reason you asked was because you were worried about his wellbeing, not because you wanted to know what was going on. 

“You still here?” your voice caught his attention. 

He shook his head. “Yeah, zoned out.” 

“I saw that. Did you call that person back?” you said, while taking a bite of a strawberry. The question startled him a little, and he paused. It was just a regular question though. “I'm only asking because I didn’t hear you, don’t look at me like that.” 

“Sorry, no. They didn’t pick up, I’m sure they’ll call again.” he avoided your eyes as he spoke, but he saw you his head in the corners of his vision. Like you caught him lying, because he wasn’t going to call back anytime soon. 

“I'm sorry I didn’t let you pick up. I didn’t expect it to be this important.” you mumbled and he looked up at you. The way you were looking down at your lap, fidgeting with he last button on your blouse, it made his heart ache. 

With a soft smile he reached out and intertwined your finger, you looked at him again. “It’s okay.” he softly spoke. “You’re important too. And you were right, I need to think of what’s good for myself too.” Suho leant in closer to your, pressing his lips to yours softly. “I love you.” 

“I love you too.” you answered against his lips. 

 

Your pov

 

He was tense, even with his lips against yours you could feel it. You kissed him back, getting a little closer while running a hand through his hair. A soft sigh left your lips as he wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you flush against him. Kissing Suho was like eating a dish you love. While you’ve tried it so many times before, each time you make it and eat it it’s a little different, and it’s always nice and a little exciting. It never gets old. How his hand rest on your waist, how he sighs and hums into your mouth. 

Right now, one of his hands traveled up your back and gripped your shoulder. He broke the kiss and rested his forehead on your other shoulder, sighing deeply. “I'm sorry.” it sounded like his voice was breaking, and you leant your cheek upon his head, combing your fingers through his hair soothingly. 

“It's not your fault sweetheart. It’s not your fault.” You kissed the top of his head. “You don’t have to tell me. But you can tell me, I won’t run away. You know that right?” With one hand, you lifted his face to make him look at you again, searching his eyes. They were glazed over with not yet falling tears and his chin was warm against your fingers. 

He let go of your shoulder, taking your hand away from his face and pressing it to his lips. “I know.” he closed his eyes and whispered the words against your skin. “God I love you so much.” 

You opened your mouth to answer him but he cut you of. “You have no idea y/n, no idea how much I love you. Like…I wouldn’t know where I’d be right now without you. Thank you, thank you so much for staying with me, for doing everything for me. You take care of me, make sure I take care of myself. You’ve stayed with me even though you know that i’m a freak or whatever. You never ask anything in return, except for cuddles sometimes.” you softly chuckled at his comment. “We made this work, with both of us being terrible at English. You took classes in Korean for me, and I tried my best to learn French. God.” he stopped, taking a deep breath, his eyes still closed. “There was a time before I met you when I was sure that I’d never fall in love, not like this. That I’d be alone for the rest of my life, and I was content with it. But now, now that I’ve been living with you for over a year. I’ve loved you for two and a half years, I can’t imagine my life any other way. I don’t want to do that.” 

He was still holding onto your hand, his breath fanning over you skin as he spoke. In the way his voice was pitching you heard that he was trying to keep in his tears. You had no idea how an easy morning like this could’ve taken such a heavy turn. It came out of nowhere. “Suho.” you started but he shook his head.

“No. Please just let me finish.” he opened his eyes, and a single tear rolled down his cheek. That was when tears started to fill your own eyes, but you tried your best to swallow them down for him, still sitting in his lap. “There’s something I need to tell you, and telling you this scares me. It scares me more than telling you about my powers. Because it’s bad, and i don’t know what you’ll think. But also because I’m scared of what people will do when they find out you know. My past, it’s…I haven’t had it easy. This, with you? It’s easy, it’s like breathing. And i feel like every moment, it’s going to come crashing down on me. On us. I don’t want that.” He whispered the last part, more tears falling, making small wet spot on your jeans and his shirt. In the silence you heard them fall, like little rain drops. 

You scratched your nails softly at the back of his neck, trying to calm him down. “I’m here. I’m not going anywhere. I promise.” 

He hiccuped, and sniffled, giving your hand a squeeze. “I…can we go for a walk? I need some air.” 

“Sure.” you spoke, pushing his hair back from his forehead and pressing a kiss to the ever so soft skin. “Can I ask you one thing?” 

He nodded softly. 

“Please tell me this is not your wicked way of asking me to marry you. Because it’s not funny.” you were still fighting back tears, and your heart was twisting in your chest. Never had you expected him to say something like that so out of the blue. Sure he was emotional and had his heart on his sleeve, but never like this. I love was came quick with him, and it had taken a while for you to respond to that. He’d respected it, but not refrained from saying it himself. When you finally said it he was the happiest person on earth, he smiled for days. He still did when you said it. Even when he told you about his powers, he hadn’t been like this though. You were slightly relieved when he shook his head.

You stood up, not letting go of his hand, and pulled him into the hallway. The weather was nice, sun shining onto the fields behind your house, clouds creating small patches of soft shade. “Come on.” The only thing you grabbed was a scarf, twisting it around your neck lightly. Even still your hand was in his as you lead him outside, short leather boots thudding against the cobblestones of the front porch. 

The shared car was parked on the driveway, the sun reflecting off the dark silver. It might just be the cleanest thing you own, considering Suho was quite lax when it came to cleaning. You had told him, when you bought this place together, that he could only borrow your car if he cleaned it. And he diligently did so, even though he used it maybe once a week to do groceries. This place had been yours for about 8 months now. You had moved in after you’d been together a little over one and a half year. Your parents were fuming, saying it went way too fast, even thought they really loved Suho. Both of you weren’t kids anymore, not even teens, you were serious about this relationship, willing to commit. And here you were, happily living together in a house that was much larger and beautiful than you’d ever expected your first house to be. Where he got the money you didn’t know, and honestly, you weren’t sure if you wanted to know. He worked for an online company, like at home customer service. Maybe his family was rich?

“Where do you want to walk?” you asked, giving him a soft smile. 

Suho rubbed his forehead, lightly scratching at the scar on the bridge of his nose. “Let’s just wander a bit.” 

“You want to go somewhere don’t you?”

“Follow me then.” he sighed, as if he was tired of lying. With a soft tug on your hand, he pulled you along. 

Marseille was beautiful, especially the fields and forests. Your house was a little off the road, but not in the middle of nowhere. There we lots of large fields, tall grass and flowers. You brushed your fingers along it as you walked, spring sun warming your skin. There was a calm silence between the two of you, his thumb rubbing tiny circles on the top of your hand.
You felt that he was trying to not create tension, but there was a small uncomfortable knot in your stomach. What was it that he was going to tell you? A part inside of you wanted to stay with him through everything. And then there was a little voice in your head that said; “what if he’s doing something illegal? Like drugs, or gangs, or maybe worse.” If it was something like that, you weren’t sure what you’d do. If it was in his past, you’d definitely work with it, but you didn’t think you were ready for a relationship with an active criminal. Even though you loved him with all your heart. Still, it was Suho you were talking about, your soft boyfriend, who wouldn’t hurt a fly. 

“Here,” he suddenly said. You didn’t know how far you had waked by now, where you exactly were. It was a large abandoned building, huge glass windows broken and dirty. Like an old warehouse in the middle of a field. The red and brown bricks irregularly jutting out. It was almost as if it would fall apart soon. 

“I used to live in a building like this.” Suho said as he pulled you inside. It was cold, the concrete floor dry and cracked. 

You your drying lips. “You what?” you whispered, looking around. The air inside was cold, like it had been trapped there. An iron contraption made what looked like a very unstable upper floor on one half of the building. Tubes and valves ran across the wall that was littered with graffiti. 

For the first time since you had come outside, he let go of your hand, leaving you alone in the centre of the room. 

He stepped upon a ledge by a window, trailing his fingers across the wall. “Back before I came to France, at home, in Korea, I used to live in a place like this.” He avoided your gaze, but you couldn’t really move from your spot. “It was better kept than this, but it was similar. Big, cold, open, old. We made it work.” 

We?

“It was furnished of course, but there were no separate rooms, everything was open.” 

That was why he wanted your house to be largely open. There were almost no doors on the ground floor, between the living room, the kitchen and the music room.

He hopped down onto the floor. “The beds were here. By the windows. I said it was a bad idea, but it was nice to not be completely in the dark somehow. And here,” he pointed to a corner at the far back, “we had a makeshift closet. It basically consisted of a few clothes racks and something to cover it from dust. We shared what we could fit.” 

“Suho?”  you said, finally moving from your spot towards him. His shoulders fell, and he turned around to face you. Dark eyes meeting yours, full of worry and something else you couldn’t place.

He sighed, coming over to you and cupping your cheeks in his hands to press a kiss to your lips. “I’m sorry.” he kissed you again. “I…Please don’t think that I lied to you. I just…Didn’t want to burden you with this story.” 

“It’s okay, but please, you’re being very confusing so tell me.”
“I wasn’t alone when I was a kid. I used to have eleven brothers, we used to live in a place like this, with the twelve of us.” he looked around, something glistening in his eyes, something that was bordering between love and sadness. You heart reached out for him, wanting to ask what happened, but he would tell you. “We weren’t really brothers, but that’s what it felt like. I met the first of them when i was thirteen, two of them had come over from China. It was just the three of us for a couple of months. Some of them were younger than I was when they found us. We lived happily, working small jobs, washing dishes at restaurants or filling racks at gas stations. Any money we could get to stay together.” There was a smile spreading on his face but it was sad.

You couldn’t keep silent any longer. “Suho? Where were your parents?” you mumbled, looking at him with furrowed eyebrows.

He sighed, and took your hand again, pulling you outside back into the fields. “My parents kicked me out on the streets when I was done with primary school, after they found out what I could do.” 

With both arms around his neck you pulled him in for a hug, kissing his temple. “It's okay.” 

“I know, I understand why they did it. I might’ve done the same. But I lived happily with them, my brothers, we took care of each other. We were all in the same boat.” 

Your frown got deeper. “What do you mean?” 

“All 12 of us, we all had something, some sort of power. Be it frost, telekinesis, even flying.” You were walking along him again, following his steps in a barren field that was ready for spring to make it bloom again. What was it that he had to tell you that was so bad? This was sad, it was, but what about it was so scary, or would make you want to leave? What made him cry? Where were his brothers now? Were they okay?

Your mind was going a hundred miles an hour but you tried to wait for him to continue. 

“We fought you know, it happens, especially with 12 guys living in close quarters together. They used to call me the mom of the group, and I guess I still am.” 

He still is? Does that mean they’re okay?

“One night though,” he pulled you through a forest, tall light coloured trees reaching into the sky above you. “One night, they found us. We had no idea how, we didn’t use our powers most of the time, only when really necessary. They came in, god y/n, there were so many of them. I was almost 19 then, I had seen a lot. Our youngest, Sehun and Jongin, they were 15. They were too young, they hadn’t lived yet, hadn’t gotten a chance to.”
Tears were filling your eyes again, the way his voice was cracking told you so as he walked in front of you. Moving slowly through the trees. 

“They found us, and we fought, we really tried to. But there was no trying, they had weapons, we wouldn’t have made it. One of us didn’t.” His voice got stuck in his throat, and he leant against a tree, one hand balled into a fist above his head. Scraping the rough bark of the tree, it left dark streaks on his skin that you found when you took his hand. He was crying, you felt it in the shaking of his shoulders as you hugged him from behind and pressed you cheek between his shoulder blades. “Yifan, one of our oldest, he was one of the first two I met. When those people found us, he tried to protect us, he felt like he had to. They had taken a hold of Yixing, he was from China too. He-“ his voice broke and he tried to breathe. You rubbing circles over his stomach, still embracing him. “Yixing was the only one of us who couldn’t use his powers to fight, I’m sure that if he could he wouldn’t have done it. He was a healer, he was always there for all of us. But they grabbed him first, and they cuffed him and pulled a bag over his head. He screamed, God the sound y/n, sometimes I think i can still hear it.” Suho shuddered and you shushed him. He turned around in your grip, leaning back against the tree. His face was wet with tears, eyes red, lip quivering.

You dried his tears with you sleeve, but they kept falling. He tried to smile, but a sob broke it and he let his head fall, hair covering his eyes. “Shh, It’ll be okay. You don’t have to tell me, I hate seeing you like this.” your own voice was unsteady, a lump forming in your throat. 

“I want to tell you.” He took a few deep breaths, his hands resting on your waist, tightly the material of your blouse. “Yifan, he tried to free him. He fought them, pulling Yixing away from them, I thought he gripped him so hard he might’ve broken his arm. Then they shot him.” 

Your heart stopped, heat and goosebumps going up your back as a tear slipped from your eyes. You didn't have it in you to stop it, eyes fixed on his face. 

“It was like time stopped. Each one of us, we all halted, like we felt it. We stopped fighting and watched him as he fell to the floor clutching his stomach. There was so much blood. I ran over to him, I don’t know how I made it without anyone stopping me. He looked at me, and the last thing he said was; “Please Junmyeon, please protect them.” I couldn’t do it, I failed.” 

You shook your head. “No, Suho, you didn’t. You tried baby, I’m sure you did.” 

He shook his head too. “We were taken, chained and blindfolded into the back of a car. I still remember Zitao next to me, crying into my shoulder. Jongdae on my other side, trying to stay strong, touching my chained hands with his behind my back.” He sobbed, his voice had turned soft, barely a whisper. “They took us to some sort of asylum, until today I’m not sure what it was. There was so much white inside, it hurt my eyes for days. All the nurses were wearing white, and so were we. They didn’t even keep us in separate rooms. We were all chained to our beds, we could see each other but we couldn’t reach, or speak. They hooked us up to IV’s, some dark purple liquid in there. I can’t remember much of what happened there. Like they washed away my memory.” 

It almost seemed like he had calmed down a bit. His breathing evened out, and tears weren’t falling anymore, neither were yours. 

“One day though, I still don’t know how we did it. But there was an opening. Jongdae and Chanyeol burst into the room me and Kyungsoo were in. We got out, we fought the women and got out. The tattoo, between my shoulder blades. The barcode with the number 01? They gave each of us one, marking us like animals.” 

Disgust laced his voice and you watched his thick eyebrows furrow, his upper lip pulling up. You cupped his face and kissed his cheek. “Let’s walk a little more.” you whispered against his skin and he pulled you tight against his chest. His nose brushed against your neck, cold from dried tears. 

You took his hand again and pulled him along, going to a place in the fields. A place where you used to go in the summer, where you had shared your first kiss. He tried to speak as you walked but you shushed him, and smiled. Reassuring him the best you could as you felt his hand shaking in yours. 

In a field, along a broken brick wall, there was a pool. It was empty, the blue paint peeling of and making place for green to pull through as nature made it’s home there. You were far from home now, and time had slipped away from you both. 

“Come.” you said, jumping down into the pool, and he followed. Pushing you up against a wall and kissing you feverishly. His lips moved against yours, tasting of salt from tears. The way his hand tangled in your hair made you sigh deeply, chills over your skin. There was so much passion in the kiss that your knees almost gave out.

Both of you pulled away our of breath. “Thank you.” he breathed.

“I love you.” 

“I love you too.”

“Tell me, what happened, please?” 

“Tell me first, why did you bring me here?” He asked, brushing a strand of hair behind you ear. 

You chuckled. “Well, I know you come here more often than I do. You don’t tell me, but when I do the laundry that you always forget, I sometimes find little pieces of blue paint on your clothes.” 

His eyes widened in surprise. “I’ll explain, there’s a reason.”

“Suho, baby. You don’t need to justify yourself, I’m not mad or anything.”

“It’s part of the story.” He swallowed, but he was a lot calmer, so you guessed that the worst was over. Could it even get any worse than that? “So we got out, and we ran for our lives. We didn’t eat for days, only stopping to sleep short hours and rob a gas station or convenience store. There was no other way around it, I don’t regret it, we needed to survive. At least we weren’t on the news, we concluded that what happened to us was probably illegal or a secret government action. Maybe both. After 3 weeks, we found shelter in an abandoned warehouse, the irony right? And we decided we needed to split up. There was no way for any of us to be safe when we were together and vulnerable like that. Me and Minseok, our oldest, decided to take the risk to go home and see if we could find anything. Credit cards, and passports, we contacted someone to change our names. It went fast, how we managed, we were so lucky.”

“So they’re alive?” you asked, feeling relieved. 

Suho sighed deeply again. “10 of us made it out. We don’t know, and probably never will know, what happened to Luhan. He and Yifan came from China together. But after we entered the van to the asylum, none of us saw him again.” 

You the back of your hand over his cheek and he leant into your touch. “Do you think he might still be alive?” 

He looked at you, and he seemed in pain. “If he never got out something in me hopes he isn’t, but there’s also a part of me that hopes he got out and is able to live his life. Like i am with you now. I feel so blessed with you y/n.” A smile lit up his eyes as he pecked your lips. 

“I understand that, you don’t want him to suffer.” 

“If it was my choice, none of them would’ve suffered like they had to. We can’t help it that we’re this way, we didn’t chose our powers.” 

You moved and noticed that you were standing in an inch of water now. “Suho! What the !” you laughed and kicked water at him. 

He kicked back. “Oh stop you love it when I do this.” 

“Can’t you use your power to save the world. Or are you stealing water from earth? Because then please stop, that’s thievery.” you accusingly pointed a finger at him. He took your hand and pulled you suddenly against his chest. 

He sang a soft tune while rocking you from side to side in his arms. Suho’s voice was soft and soothing, he sang a lot around the house. Korean songs that you didn’t know, with sweet melodies that you had learnt to love. Something you had been trying lately was playing the piano, he’s been trying to teach you and it’s a lot of fun. Even if it’s just sitting on the little bench with him, by the large window, enjoying the tunes he plays. 

“I ended up here, after we split up. We sort of rolled the dice to see which plane we would take. One of them is close, I just don’t really want to say it out loud. I’m always scared, that I’m being watched, that someone will come for me. For us.” He rested his chin on your shoulder, as you still moved a little. “That's what I wanted to tell you. I have contact with all of them, they all have my phone number and call me regularly to tell me how they’re doing. But they call with a burner or pay phone. We can’t be traced that way. They don’t speak to anyone but me. I only see one of them. Jongin, he teleports, he comes over one in a while, here. He’s visited the others too before, but he can’t teleport too often, like with me, using his power drains him. For some reason he called this morning and was in complete distress, the reception was bad and I could barely hear him. And the he-“

Suddenly Suho’s phone rang, both of you looked down as he took it from his pocket and flipped open the case. 

Home Calling

How? You looked at each other in fear as Suho picked up. “Kim Suho speaking?” he said, voice wavering. 

Even when it wasn’t on speaker you could hear the voice on the other side. It was Korean, you recognised the sound of it but it was too distorted for you to understand everything. 

“Junmyeon? It’s Jongin…..your house….come…..dangerous.” Your boyfriend answered with something you couldn’t understand at all. But you caught enough to be distressed. 

Suho hung up the phone and took your hand, looking around frantically. “We need to go home, fast. It’s not safe here.”

“What?” You asked, heart picking up. “What do you mean not safe?”

“I'll explain at home, please just come.” He pulled you along, up out of the pool and started running. He was fast, faster than you. You knew he worked out, and you didn’t and . Within minutes your lungs were burning for oxygen and your legs felt like like lead. Never once did he let go of your hand, but he also didn’t look back. 

“Su…Suho!” you panted. “Can’t.” 

He slowed down a little and looked at you. “Come on, just a little more, we can’t stop.”
You went slower but never stopped, not when you entered the clearing past the trees, or when you passed the abandoned building again. Soon your house came into view, and you tumbled inside. 

“Jongin!?” Suho called through ragged breathing. “Jongin?!” there was no answer. “Okay y/n listen.” he grabbed your shoulders. “I need you to go upstairs and grab the duffel bag, pack it, anything you think of as necessities. Then there’s a double floor in the closet, there’s a box in there. Take that as well, we’ll need it. Okay I’m going to collect things downstairs.” 

“What’s going on.” you said, still catching your breath.

“We need to leave, as soon as possible.” 

“What? What about my family, my school?”

“I know baby, I know. But it’s not safe here anymore, if they find us they might kill you. I can’t have that. Please just go pack.” he was searching your eyes for some sort of answer, and you couldn’t do anything but nod. The fear in his eyes made it clear enough how real this was.

“Where's Jongin?”

“I don’t know, he might’ve already left.” 

You nodded again and kissed him before you ran up the stairs. Under your bed was a large duffel bag, and you opened it on the bed. With still burning breaths you stumbled into the bathroom and stuffed the most important things in a toiletry bag. Toothbrushes, hairbrushes, pads, razor blades, medicine, shampoo and shower gel. You took a second look before you left, but you thought you had everything. 

In the bedroom, you threw the bag in the duffel and opened the closet. Picking two pairs of jeans, three shirts and one sweater for each of your. Some underwear and pairs of socks. “Okay.” you mumbled, your mind racing faster than you could take. “What else?” 

The box! Quickly, you knelt down by the wardrobe and tapped the bottom. It sounded hollow, how had you never noticed that? “How does he open this?” you searched the edge and found a little piece of rope attached in the corner, and you pulled it. The bottom lifted of to reveal a small wooden box on the floor. You took it, but there wasn’t enough time to look what was inside. It would have to weight. With as much care as you could manage being quick, you put it between the clothes in the bag. When you were sure you had everything you left the room and to the stairs. 

That was when you heard the voices. Suddenly you were a bundle of fear, there were a lot of voices, and they seemed loud. You dropped the bag and went down the stairs. 

“Stop!” “No!” screams and thuds and sounds you didn’t recognise erupted from the living room. 

An arm s around your waist, a hand covering your mouth. You wanted to scream but couldn’t. With all you had you kicked your attacked, trying to get our of his grip. 

“Sshhh, please calm down. If they find you, you’re done for.” The voice hissed in your ear. It didn’t really help. “I'm Jongin, I know Suho, please trust me.” his voice was deeper, rougher than Suho’s. His hands were big, and as you slowly dared to lean against him you felt that he was quite tall as well. On his arm you noticed something, and you slowly reached your hand up so push back his sleeve. 

There was a tattoo on the inside of his wrist, a barcode, with the number 88. He really was one of them. On his finger was a ring, with a small symbol that looked a lot like something Suho always wore as a necklace.

A scream sounded from the living room again, it was a scream of agony and pain. It reverberated in every fibre of your being. You wanted to scream, but Jongin’s hand prevented it. Suho, no, please let him be okay. 

“I know you want to go in there, but he told me to protect you. So please calm down.” Jongin whispered, lips dangerously close to your ear. You wanted to pull away from him, go to Suho. Tears were running down your face, you had never been so scared in your life. “Shhh.” Jogging thumb drew circles on your side, and it made you uncomfortable, you barely knew him. How close this unknown boy or man, whatever, was to you made your anxiety spike even more. 

“Please.” Suho’s voice sounded from the living room, broken, high pitched. “I don’t know where they are, it’s just me here.” 

“Don't lie!” a low, loud voice sounded. 

“I’m not lying, I really don’t know.” Suho pleaded, and you heard his tears in his voice for the third time that day.

A silence followed, then a grunt, and a thud. “He's not worth anything to us like this, not anymore.” This voice was higher, maybe female. But between Jongin’s heart beating behind you, and your own thudding in your ear, you couldn’t properly distinct it.

Footsteps moved towards you, and then away, to the front door. The sound of a car driving away followed. 

Jongin relaxed behind you, and you took his moment of hesitation to kick the heel of your shoe against his shin and bolt. He groaned loudly and let go of you, so you ran. Down the stairs and past the piano that was now ruined. Into the living room where you stopped dead in your tracks. 

“Y/n.” Suho’s voice was hoarse, broken to the bone. He was on the floor, clutching his chest, blood seeping through his fingers. “Baby, please come here.” 

You shook your head, tears streaming down your face. “No, this is not happening. No.”

“Please.” he croaked. But you couldn’t just stand there, with hesitant steps you got over to him, sinking to your knees. “Baby.” 

“Shht.” you said, and reached out for him with a shaking hand, running it through his hair that was matted to his face with sweat. “,” you suddenly said, “I need to call 911.” Then you thought again. “Wait can I even do that? Will they find out?” 

He shook his head. “C-call. Don’t tell them….Bu-burgelar.” you looked at him, his hand pushing against his wound tightly. 

“Yeah.” you stood up and reached for the landline phone. Punching in the number, you grabbed towels from the kitchen and ran back to him. 

“Hello 112, what’s your emergency?” the French lady on the other side of the line said. 

“I…” you started. “My boyfriend has been stabbed.” you tried to say it as calmly as possible, reciting your address for her twice. 

“Okay ma’am, ambulance and police are on their way.” 

You put the phone down and lifted Suho’s hands to make room for the towels. “it's going to be okay, they’re on the way. Please stay with me, please.” 

Suho looked up at you, and you pulled his head into your lap, helping him keep pressure on the wound. There was blood everywhere, and somewhere deep inside you knew that the change he’ll make it was small. “I love you, Suho, I love you.” 

“I-I know.” 

“No, you don’t. Everything you said to me today, I should’ve said something too. You have no idea how much I love you, God. Please stay with me.” you sobbed, tears falling from your eyes on your lap, in his hair. 

“I- I wanted to-to marry you some-some-d-day.” he stuttered, slowly he reached a bloody hand up to touch your face. It was sticky and smelled of iron but you couldn’t care. You leant into his touch. “I wan-wanted kids, a-and a-a dog.” 

There were no words forming in your mouth as you spoke, you couldn’t. Your heart was in pain, your whole body was shaking, this was not happening. 

“Please y/n, f-find them. M-my brothers. H-he-help them re-reloca-cate.” 

You nodded, his cheek with one hand. 

He coughed, and blood seeped past his lips. “There's p-pictures, I-in the bo-box. Locations, f-find them. M-money too.” 

“I'll try, but you’ll be okay. You’re not going to leave me, please.” You pressed his wound firmer and he hissed in pain, hand slipping on top of yours, slicked with blood.

“I-i’m so sorry.” 

“No.” 

“Failed.” 

“No.”

“I pr-promised him. You.” 

“No.”

He didn’t speak, just grunted, breaths short and shallow.

“No. No. No.” you sobbed, shaking your head frantically. “No, Suho. No. Don’t say that.” 

A soft smile showed his blood covered teeth, and you winced. “Junmyeon.” 

“What?” 

“Kim Ju-junmyeon, y-you nev-never said m-my name. Please.” His eyes were slipping closed and you slapped his cheek lightly

“Suho! No! Suho!” 

He tried his best to keep his eyes open. “I love you, y/n, for ever and always.” 

“Kim Junmyeon, I love you. Junmyeon, I. Love. You. But you’re not leaving me, no.” 

He smiled again, widely, and coughed, little flecks of blood landing on both your clothing. “Please, find them. J-just that.” 

“I will, I promise, I promise, I promise.” You said between ragged sobs, pulling him closer. He turned in pain, pressing his face into your stomach. “Shhh.” you ran your bloody hand through his hair, a habit that he loved. “Shhh.” 

“Love you so-so m-much.” 

“Junmyeon, I love you too. Save your energy, they’ll be here soon.”

“It's warm,” he whispered, turning to look up at you. “Like waves in the summer sea.” His voice was clearer, less shaky, and it scared you. “Thank you, for showing me love.” 

His eyes slipped closed and you held your breath, his chest evened out in your lap. He stopped moving, his hand fell from yours. A single tear made a last clean path on his blood streaked face.