1/2

Vain Hope

When Youngjae arrives home later that evening he is well aware that everything was wrong. The house was dark and not a single tune was playing, not to mention his lover was no where in sight.

He placed his briefcase down by the door and carefully walked through the living room towards the stairs. He had been concerned the moment his lover left work earlier than he did despite them usually finishing at the same time.

Youngjae makes his way up the small flight of stairs, not bothering to keep his footsteps quiet because the last thing he wanted to do was startle whom he was hoping was in their shared bedroom.

He opened the door slowly and his eyes darted around the room until he found him. And there he was, laying on the bed without a care in the world, his eyes wide open as he stared at nothing.

Daehyun didn't move an inch once the door opened, he remained completely still with his lips parted as he breathed heavily. Youngjae walked into the room and he sat on the edge of the bed, placing his hand on Daehyun's, pleased at how the other intertwined their fingers.

"Busan?" he whispered.

"Busan." Daehyun confirmed.

 

They spent the next hour getting together everything they needed for a trip that could last anywhere from a week to a month. Youngjae didn't bother contacting their CEO, he was confident that Daehyun had already done so.

It was nearing midnight when the two got into Daehyun's car, driving towards the train station as if it was any other day. But there was a heavy air between them, something hanging in the air that Youngjae wouldn't acknowledge until Daehyun brought it up.

Daehyun parks the car in what was a reserved area for prolonged parking and they got out of the car quietly. Youngjae shivered at the cold spring wind and Daehyun wrapped his arm around the other's waist.

The two stumbled towards the brightly lit station, eyes squinting from their fatigue. Youngjae is the one who purchases the tickets, Daehyun's face buried in his neck as he did.

Youngjae accepts the tickets with a nod and he gently pokes Daehyun's cheek, seeing as how his lover was falling asleep already. Daehyun gives him a small smile and Youngjae leads them towards the platform.

Daehyun and Youngjae get onto their designated train to Busan and Daehyun puts their luggage securely in the hatch of the train before boarding. He looks for Youngjae and he finds him sitting in the window seat.

"There's nothing to see at night you know." Daehyun murmurs as he plops himself down in the seat next to the fluffy male. Youngjae pouts and he settled himself onto Daehyun's shoulder.

"You get sick when you sit by the window." Youngjae reminded him and Daehyun kissed his temple. He sighs and Youngjae's heart sinks, but he knows who Daehyun is. He knows him very well.

Sooner than later the train is departing and the two are slowly subjected to slumber. Daehyun occasionally opens his eyes when the train shifts and turns and he curses at himself for being such a light sleeper.

But then he glances over at the angel smushed against his shoulder and tranquility washes over him, a smile playing on his lips as he falls back asleep.

 

"Youngjae, wake up baby we're here." Daehyun nudges Youngjae gently as the train comes to a complete stop and the automated voice sounds above them. Youngjae stretches and he accidentally knocks his hand into Daehyun's head.

He laughs adorably loud and Daehyun can't help but laugh with him, but then they see the glares from the gloomy passengers and they let their laughter die down into a fit of quiet giggles.

Daehyun goes out first to grab their luggage and Youngjae scans the seats to make sure they haven't forgotten anything, he manages to snatch Daehyun's phone before it's lost forever.

They stand at the platform for a second stretching their legs and Youngjae sees that the clock reads 3:30am. He and Daehyun make their way towards the main entrance and they look for the small hotel they always stay at. 

This wasn't the first time they'd done this and the two prefer to look for their small beach house in the daytime. They often rented out a small room for the night before actually starting their day.

Of course they could stay with Daehyun's family, who'd be more than happy to welcome their son and his lover home but this wasn't that kind of trip. If they were arriving at Busan in 3 in the morning, they were going to be like ghosts.

Daehyun holds Youngjae's hand and the two gingerly walk down the familiar streets. It's quiet during this time and Youngjae loves it, the world is still asleep and it's interesting to see.

Youngjae wipes his eyes and he sees the bright sign that read, "Seashell Hotel". To be honest they'd only started going there because Daehyun found the rhyme scheme absolutely brilliant for no reason.

"Hello, we'd like a room for the night. We'll be checking out around 7 tomorrow, no breakfast required." Daehyun says to the receptionist and she nods numbly, clicking on her computer before she hands them a key.

The place may be called a hotel but it didn't have more than 3 floors, so Daehyun and Youngjae lugged their bags towards the 2nd floor and down the hall to their room. 

Daehyun unlocks the door with an old fashioned key and he opens it dramatically, grinning cheekily when Youngjae rolls his eyes at him. They enter the room quietly and they settle down their things before Daehyun immediately begins opening his bag.

Youngjae removes his jacket as Daehyun pulls out two pairs of clean briefs and he enters the washroom first. Youngjae wordlessly follows and grabs some towels from the squeaky closet.

Once he enters the washroom he sees Daehyun filling up the tub with hot water and Youngjae approaches him, placing his hand on his lover's cheek. Daehyun sighs and he leans into the subtle gesture, breathing deeply when Youngjae gently runs his fingers through his hair.

The tub fills relatively quickly and the two remove their clothing. Youngjae gets in first and Daehyun climbs in afterwards, leaning comfortably against the other's chest.

Youngjae feels the hot water soothing his aching muscles and when he opens his eyes Daehyun is right in front of him. He doesn't need to think twice before closing his eyes and Daehyun brings their lips together.

Daehyun naturally straddles his thighs and settles into his lap as their kiss deepens. Youngjae holds Daehyun's waist and pulls him closer, devouring his lips without it getting too heated.

He can feel plump lips smiling against his own and he pulls away to see Daehyun grinning at him. Youngjae hugs him tightly and peppers his face with kisses, Daehyun cups his cheeks and does the same thing back.

They get out of the bath after another few minutes of hugging and kissing and although no words are exchanged between them it's more than enough. They dry each other off and pull on their briefs before heading to bed, leaving their clothing on the floor.

Daehyun holds Youngjae as they snuggle beneath the duvet and although they're on a lumpy mattress in the middle of Busan, everything was perfect.

 

------------------------------

A/N

Not sure when I'll have the second part done, it is planned though ^^

The next part will be longer don't worry :) there's no this time around so there goes like 2-3k words LOL

<3

- Airi