☆Agreement☆

Star in the Mist

You dragged your feet along the sidewalk, to a nearby park. You sat on the swing and swung yourself slowly, looking at the ground while you thought about what Mrs. Nam proposed. 
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"-------, I'd like for you to marry my son." 
Your eyes widened, in shocked by the sudden request. 
"W-what?" You managed to say. 
Woohyun was confused. His brows furrowed. 
"What are you talking about, Mom?" He asked. 
Mrs. Nam smiled at you two. 

"I've been meeting -------- for quite sometime now. She's the girl I've been talking about, Woohyun." 
Woohyun looked at you, making you shift your attention to him. 
"And, -------, this is my son, who I've been talking about. I really think you two are great for each other. I know that you two are shocked by my sudden request, but I just know it," she smiled. 
You looked back at Mrs. Nam. 

You were too distracted by your own thoughts; you had no idea what she even ended the note with. 
You slowly looked back at Mrs. Nam and gave her an apologetic look. 
"I'm sorry. Please excuse me," you said, before pushing your seat back and leaving the room. 

Why would anyone want to marry me? What makes me a good wife? What qualification do I have to marry a rich man? Why do I deserve this? What is marriage without love? Wait, do I like him? But, it can't be possible.
Your thoughts ran wild. You had so many questions. 

"--------!" 
You stopped and turned around. Woohyun jogged up to catch up to you. 
"Woohyun-ah." 
"Did you forget we were supposed to meet up after?" 
"Huh?"
"You agreed to meet up after."
You thought about Mrs. Nam's proposal. 
"Woohyun, I-I'm sorry," you apologized. 
He gave you a confused look. 
"Why are you sorry?" 
"About earlier. I-I-----"
"I'll wait for your answer," he replied. 
You looked at him, surprised. 
"What do you mean?"
"I trust my mom. If she thinks you'll be a good daughter-in-law, I'm sure that you'll be a good wife," he smiled. 
"Take all the time you need. I'll be waiting for your answer." 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

You took a deep breath. You thought hard on the proposal. You were lost. By the time you knew it, you had to run home. 
─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Your stepmom stood by the porch waiting for you. 
"Why are you home so late? Did you forget what time dinner is supposed to be ready?" She asked. 
You walked up the path that led up to the front door. 
"I'm sorry. I'll get right to it." 
Your stepmom rolled her eyes before walking into the house. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You finished cleaning up and walked into the living room to see your stepmom and Daehi sitting next to each other, laughing over something. 
Once they realized you were standing there, they looked up. 
"There's a bill over there. Make sure you pay it before the week ends," your stepmom annoyingly said, looking back at her phone. 

"I-I actually have to tell you guys something," you started, catching their attention again. 
Your legs felt wobbly. You've never been this nervous before. 
"Well, I don't have all night, so make it quick," your stepmom said, still scrolling down her phone. 
Daehi curiously looked at you, waiting for you to begin. 

"....I'm getting marry," you said, looking at the floor. 
The thud of your heartbeat could be heard from your ears.Your legs were shaking. 
"WHAT?!" Daehi yelled. 
Your stepmom looked up from her phone, in shocked. 
"Who? Who proposed to you?" Daehi asked. 
She got up from her seat and walked towards you. 
"Who would want to marry anyone like you?" Daehi kept going. 

Your stepmom laughed, making you look at her. 
"If anyone, it's my beautiful Daehi. Who would want to marry you? You're never leaving this family." Your stepmom stood up from her seat. 
"I'm telling you guys the truth."
"Who? Tell me WHO?!" Daehi asked again. 
"Woo----" 
"Woohyun?" 
You gave Daehi an apologetic look. 
"Daehi, I can explain."
Before you could explain yourself, Daehi went on a rage. 
"Explain? What is there to explain, huh?! You knew that I liked him and yet, you went forward with the proposal. I knew you wanted everything from me since the beginning. You're ungrateful for everything I've done for you!" Daehi yelled, before storming off to her room. 
"Daehi, wait!"
"So, you knew that your sister liked him and you dared agree to his proposal?" Your stepmom asked, stopping you from going afer Daehi. You turned around and looked at her. Your eyes watered. 
"Mom." 
"Don't call me mom. I'm not your mom, you ungrateful child. If you loved your sister, you would never do something like that." 

You stood in the living room alone, thinking about everything. .
Did I make the wrong choice? 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You sat across from Mrs. Nam. It has been exactly two weeks since the day she asked you marry her son. 
Mrs Nam took a sip of her coffee and looked at you. You stared at the freshly baked croissant in front of you. You didn't know where to begin. 
"Are you okay, ------?" 
You looked up at Mrs. Nam. 
"Ah, yes. I'm okay." 
Mrs. Nam looked at you for a while before she spoke. 
"-------, you know it's okay, if you don't want to marry my son. I understand. I don't want to force you into anything you don't want to do," Mrs. Nam smiled, assuring that everything was going to be fine. 
"Actually, I wanted to talk about that," you began. Mrs. Nam listened closely. 
"...I ....agree to marry your son," you finally said it. Mrs. Nam's eyes gleamed and her smile brightened. 
"Really?" 
You looked at her and smiled. 
"-------, I-I don't want----" 
You interrupted her. 
"Mrs. Nam, I'm willing to, if he accepts the proposal too." 
Mrs. Nam got up from her seat and walked over to you. You stood up too, as she hugged you. 
"Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" She thanked. 
You were a little shocked. You've never been hugged before by a mom. You slowly brought your arms up and wrapped it around her. 
"Thank you," you said. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
With all the wedding planning going on, the next few weeks would be chaotic.
Your stepmom and Mrs. Nam became your shopping buddies for those weeks. On the other hand, Daehi wanted nothing to do with the wedding. Every chance you had, you tried explaining it to her, but she didn’t want to hear about it.
You did wonder what happened to Woohyun. Ever since the planning began, you haven’t seen him once. You wondered if he really wanted to marry you, or worse, he just wanted to play with your feelings.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You walked past the living room where your stepmom was sitting in.
“You seem to be very happy these days, huh?”
You stopped and looked at her. You were confused with what she said.
She looked up from her magazine and walked towards you.
“Don’t think that I’ll let you marry that boy easily,” she said before walking to Daehi’s room.
Your eyes watered. You thought about those times you had with her while dress shopping and decoration shopping. She faked all those moments that she cared for you.
You took a deep breath, before changing into your work clothes.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Knock, knock, knock!
You quickly dropped the broom and looked at the clock.
Aish, I totally forgot the ring appointment today.
You hated that you were forgetful sometimes.
You quickly ran to the door.
“Good morning, Mrs. Nam,” you bowed the moment you opened the door.
You lifted your head and had on a smile, only to see Woohyun at the front step of your door.
“W-woohyun,” you stuttered, dropping your smile. You were quite shock to see him, since you haven’t seen at all since the beginning of everything.
You looked around his surroundings, confusing him too.
“Who are you looking for?” Woohyun asked, looking over his shoulder to see who or what you were looking for.
“What are you doing here?” You asked, scratching the back of your head.
“Did you forget that we are supposed to look for rings?” He chuckled.
It was that eye smile that your heart skipped a beat for.
“H-huh?” You were distracted by his smile.
“We are going out today. Are you ready?” He asked.
“Give me a second,” you said.
Just as you were going to close the door in his face, you suddenly remembered that you were supposed to invite him in.
You opened the door again to see him smiling at you.
“Please come in,” you said, opening the door wider for him to enter. Woohyun did exactly what you insisted.
You saw that he was going to take off his shoes.
“Oh, you don’t have to take off your shoes. It’s okay,” you told him.
He looked at you.
“Are you sure?”
You nodded, assuring him.
“Please take a seat. I’ll be out in a minute,” you said to him. He turned to look at you and nodded his head.
You nervously walked to your room.
Why am I feeling like this?
You asked yourself.
You entered your room and searched for something nice to wear.
After a five-minute search, you found a long-pleated pastel blue skirt and a simple white blouse.
This should do!
You tied your hair into a low ponytail, applied a little bit of pink lipstick, and grabbed your bag. You looked at yourself one more time in the mirror before stepping out.
This has been the nicest you’ve ever dressed. You have been saving it for a day like this.
You walked down the hallway and into the living room to see Daehi talking to him.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
“I’m Daehi, ------‘s sister,” Daehi smiled, offering to shake his hand. Woohyun, being polite, shook her hand.
“What brings you here? To my house?” Daehi asked, giving Woohyun cute eyes, along with shy eyes.
“Oh, I’m actually here for -------.” Woohyun smiled.
Daehi’s smile dropped, and as much as she wanted to roll her eyes, she stopped herself.
“Oh really? Where are you guys going?” Daehi asked.
Just as Woohyun was about to answer her question, Woohyun saw you behind. He smiled when he saw you standing in the back, waiting for him.
Daehi noticed that Woohyun wasn’t looking at her anymore, making her look over her shoulder to see you. She rolled her eyes and looked back at Woohyun.
“I see that you guys are busy today,” Daehi sadly said, making Woohyun look back at her.
“I’m sorry, but we kind of are. I hope to see you on the day. It was nice meeting you, Daehi-shi,” Woohyun smiled at her, melting her heart.
“Don’t worry, I will be there,” she smiled back at Woohyun.
“Are you ready?” Woohyun asked.
“Ah yes,” you walked over next to him.
You looked at Daehi. This would be your first time in a while since you’ve seen her.
“Daehi, I’ll be out with Woohyun,” you said to her.
“Don’t worry,” Daehi smiled.
You knew that, that smile was fake.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
The ride began silent as always. You were always thinking about many what ifs.
“What are you thinking about?” He asked. You looked away from the window.
“Nothing,” you lied.
“You look really deep in your thoughts,” he chuckled.
“Oh, I was not thinking much. I was just thinking about the wedding,” you replied.
Woohyun glanced over to you.
“Hey, I wanted to apologize for not being active with the wedding,” he apologized, which shocked you a bit.
“N-no, it’s okay. Your mom was there to help me, so it wasn’t bad.”
“I really wanted to come out, but I just got back from a business trip,” he said.
“Oh, where did you go?” You asked him.
“I was in Italy the past few weeks.”
“How was that?”
“It was stressful. I rather be here, planning the wedding with you,” he said without thinking.
Your heart skipped a beat.
He realized what he said.
“I meant, like help with the planning, and um, you know just wedding stuff. I heard it can be a lot,” Woohyun shyly corrected himself.
You chuckled.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
Woohyun parked in front of the shop. You got out first, and Woohyun followed.
Just before you guys entered the shop, Woohyun stopped you with a question.
“Should we hold hands?”
You looked at him, in surprised.
“What…do you mean?” You asked.
“I mean, we’re getting marry, right? Shouldn’t we hold hands?”
You thought for a while.
“Uh, I guess so,” you replied.
This was your first time holding a man’s hand. You were quite nervous.
Woohyun smiled and took your hand in his. You discreetly took a deep breath, trying to calm your nervousness down.
“You ready?” He asked.
You looked at him once more and nodded your head.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You guys looked around at different types of rings, from simple to intricate ones. You stopped walking when you found a pair that was elegant, yet simple. You looked at the pair for a while.
Woohyun turned around and saw you closely examining the pair behind the glass.
He walked over to you and looked at the pair you were looking at.
“Did you want to look at this one?” He asked, making you break away from the set.
“Oh, it’s okay,” you replied.
“Can we see this set?” Woohyun waved over the saleslady.
You looked at Woohyun, and he smiled back at you once he noticed your stare.

Woohyun took the ring in one hand, and the other hand held out waiting for your hand.
You hesitantly gave your hand to him. He inserted the ring into your ring finger.
“It fits perfectly.” Woohyun commented.
The saleslady smiled.
“This is actually the only set in Korea.”
You looked at the lady in surprised.
“Really?”
“Yes, only 2 sets exist in the whole world,” she added.
“We’ll take this set then,” Woohyun said.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
You two took a break from the shopping and walked along the Han River.
You never thought there would be a day you’d marry someone. You looked at him, admiring him, only for him to catch you staring at him.
“Is there something on my face?” He asked, lowering his drink down.
“N-no,” you stuttered, looking away, taking a sip of your mango juice.
“Why did you agree to the proposal?” Woohyun suddenly asked.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite.

(02.22) Shoutout to a new subscriber @Purplecosmos
♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below!

-Inspirit_07