☆Tteokbokki☆

Star in the Mist

"Thanks for calling Dunes. This is ------- speaking. How can I assist you today?" 
"Hello! I've made an appointment for 1PM. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it today. Can I reschedule it for tomorrow instead?" 
"Yes, that is no problem! What time works best for you?" 
"11AM would be great for tomorrow." 
"What's the name for the appointment?" You asked. 
"Nam Hee Young." 
"So, I have Ms. Nam Hee Young at 11AM tomorrow." 
"That's correct!" 
"Great. We can't wait to see you tomorrow. Have a good day!" 
You ended the call. 

Wait, Nam Hee Young? That's the special guest?
You thought. 
You turned to look at Minhye. 
"Minhye, isn't the special guest Nam Hee Young?" 
She looked at you, confused for a second. 
"Yea, why? Did she call? Did she cancel her appointment?" Minhye asked. 
"She called to reschedule for tomorrow." 
"Ohh. You know, I don't work tomorrow, so I think Ms. Lee will ask you to take care of her then." 
"Me? Ah, I don't think I'm qualified yet."
"Why are you saying that, -----? You've worked here longer than me. You know so much about the business. Don't worry. I'll be supporting you from the side." She smiled. 
"Thank you, Minhye!" 

"Are you still working at that club?" Minhye asked. 
"I am." 
"You should stop working there. It's not safe, especially for you." 
"Minhye, you know I can't do that," you softly sighed. 
"Your stepmom and stepsister can work, but they choose not to. How are you even managing everything? The rent, food, transportation?" Minhye asked in frustration. 
"It's okay. She raised me, so this is the smallest I can do to repay her." 
Minhye sighed in frustration. 
"Yah, are you crazy? What kind of repayment does she need?" 
"Minhye, it's okay." You rubbed her arm to calm her down. 

Everything Minhye said was correct, but you knew you had no other options. 
"Rest up, I know you're working tonight as well," She said, before leaving the register.  

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
" on the beach." 
You looked at the young man who stood behind the counter. 
"Coming right up," you smiled. 
After mixing and shaking the drink, you poured the cocktail into a cup. You slid the drink over to him, only for him to hold your hand. 
You looked at him. 
"You wanna go upstairs?" He asked, giving you a creepy smile. 
You had to act strong. You squirmed your hand out of his. 
"It's okay," you said. 
"Your drink is 11,665 won," you said to him. 
He smirked, reaching for his card in his pocket. He handed you his card. Just as you reached for his card, he grabbed your hand once more. 
"Do I get a freebie too?" He asked, lifting your hand up close to his lips. 
Just before your hand could touch his lips, you pulled your hand back. 
"Please have some respect," you said, before charging his card and sliding his card back to him. 
He smirked and grabbed his drink before leaving. 

You closed your eyes and took a deep breath. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"How much tips did you make today?" 
That was the first thing you heard the moment you walked inside the house. 
You closed the door behind you. Your stepmom waited for you, sitting on the couch, with her arms crossed. You reached inside your bag. Just before you could count how much you made, your stepmom had made her way over to you and grabbed the envelope out of your hands. 
Daehi saw it and smiled. She walked over to her mom as they both walked inside the master's room. 
You sighed. 

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Ms. Nam should be here any minute now. I hope you continue to represent our business in a good light," Ms. Lee said to you. You bowed to her. 
"Don't worry, Ms. Lee. I will do my best work," you assured her. She smiled at you and gave you a "hwaiting" fist, before continuing her work in her office. 

As you waited for Ms. Nam's arrival, you took the time to fix every inch of the store, refolding each scarves so they meet perfection. You creased each fabric that hung high. You fixed the color palette cards and dusted the registers. 

"I had an appointment for 11." 
You turned around to be greeted by a sweet lady. 
"Ms. Nam Hee Young?" You asked. 
She smiled at you. 
You bowed and gave her a smile. 
"Good morning, Ms. Nam. My name is ------, and I will be assisting you today. First, was there anything you were looking for specifically?" You asked her. 
"I'm actually looking for a shawl. I wanted to customize it and see which fabric and color is best." She told you. 
"I'm glad to say you've come to the right place. If you can step over here to this desk, we can further discuss what you're looking for," you smiled.

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──
"Thank you so much for your help, ------." 
"It was my pleasure," you smiled, "So, I've placed your order. You should be expecting your order within 2-3 weeks from today," you told her. 
"Thank you!" She smiled at you. 
You both stood up and you bowed to her. 
"We hope to see you soon, Ms. Nam," you wished. 
"Don't worry, I'll be back," she chuckled. 
"Enjoy the rest of your day." 
Before Ms. Nam could take another step, she turned around to look at you, scanning you from bottom to top. 
You looked at her and smiled. 
"Do you have a boyfriend?" She asked, catching by surprise.
"W-what?" 
"Are you taken?" She rephrased. 
"N-no, I'm not," you answered. 
She smiled, before taking her leave. 
You stood there, confused and surprised at the same time. 

After your shift, you walked to your next job. Along the way, you stopped by a food stand to grab some food.
"Can I get an order of tteokbokki and a potato corn dog?" You asked the ahjumma. She smiled in ressponse. 
"Make that two." 
You turned around to see the same guy from yesterday. 
"It's you," you said, pointing at him. 
"Yep, and we meet again," he chuckled. 

"Your orders," the ahjumma said, sliding over the tteokbokki and the two potato corn dogs.
Before you could pay for your portion, Woohyun had handed cash to the ahjumma already. 
"For these two orders, and keep the change." He smiled at the lady.
You looked at him. 
"Oh, it's okay! I got it." 
"My treat this time," he replied. 
"Thank you."  
You took your bowl and Woohyun took his. 
You picked out a seat, and Woohyun followed you. 
"Is this seat taken?" He asked. 
You looked at him. 
"It's not."
"Can I sit here?" 
"You're more than welcome," you answered.
Woohyun set his bowl down and sat across from you. 
"What a small world, huh?" He said. 
You looked up. 
"Yea, it really is," you replied. 
"I'm Woohyun, and you are?" 
"---------. I'm -------. Nice to meet you Woohyun-shi," you gave him a smile. 
"The pleasure's mine, --------shi," he smiled back. 
A man is talking to me? For the first time. 
You thought. 
You're thinking too much. It's nothing.

You guys exchanged a few small talks here and there, before he had to leave first. 
"Well, I should get going. I'm only out for a break," he said. 
"Oh, that's okay. I'm actually on my way back to work." 
"Oh really? Did you need a lift?" He asked.
"No, it's okay. I already bought my bus fare," you said. 
"Oh okay. I'll see you later then?" He asked. 
"It's a small world, like you said," you replied. 
"See you around then," he smiled, before taking his leave. 

You watched his car drive off. For once, you felt like someone was interested in you, as a friend of some sort. You placed your hand on your heart. 
Is this normal?
You thought.

 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

I hope you guys are enjoying the new edits! Pictures do not belong to me. Credits to the rightful owners. Happy Reading! Please send lots of love to Infinite.

 

♡Much love♡

This story will be avaliable on Wattpad! You can search up the title of the story Star in the Mist or you can search up my username @alwaysterius.

As always, don't forget to subscribe, upvote, and comment below!

-Inspirit_07