Chapter 1

Listen to My Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was autumn.

 

Wendy was walking down the streets of Seoul. She was walking with a gloom expression printed all over her face. Well, she has lost her motivation to live. After all, she found out that her loving girlfriend of five years cheated on her with some chick who was way more successful and beautiful (that is what Wendy think) than her.

 

Wendy continued walking down the street, hearing and watching children playing with the bundle of dried leaves happily in their front yard. They looked happy, so happy that it made Wendy loathe of them. She felt like she wanted to kill all those children, but she know she can’t, since she doesn’t want to get arrested for killing those poor, innocent souls of the children. She hope that she can learn how to be happy, like those children, again.

 

Ignoring those joyful faces of the children, Wendy continued walking, swaying her hips once in a while, while humming the old songs her ex-girlfriend used to serenade her to sleep. Wendy chuckled sadly. Oh, how pathetic she really feels that day.

 

As Wendy was walking down the street, out of the blue, she could hear soft music being played. It was soft, so soft that Wendy almost couldn’t hear them. There was something strange about this music, this music makes Wendy sad, happy, confused and even crazy. She was having swirls of emotion in every angle of her mind. Wendy turn her head abruptly at the source of the music.

 

It was at the other side of the street, and old music store in precise. Those old, grey wall of the store is what caught Wendy’s attention. It was so old that dusts, spider webs and even green slimy things grew on the wall. The door was open ajar, but the sign of the door was ‘CLOSED’, indicating that the shop’s business time was over.

 

Weird, Wendy thought. The door is open but the sign says closed. Nevertheless, Wendy scurried her way towards the store, not failing to look left and right during the process.

 

As Wendy crossed the street, she realized that the sound of music is getting louder and louder with every steps she took. Wendy arrived to the said shop and stand in front of the old door. She closed her eyes, feeling nostalgic, weirdly. As Wendy was listening to the soft music being played, a guitar in precise, Wendy could feel a lump on , feeling all sorts of emotion. Again, Wendy was having swirls of emotion. Right at the moment, Wendy knew that this is her song. This song is meant for her.

 

Being the rebel she is, Wendy slithered into the shop, ignoring the ‘CLOSED’ sign. Wendy hide behind some old disc rack, peeking at the person that was playing the guitar. Much to her surprise, it was a girl. No it was not JUST a girl, it was A GODDESS. That girl is sickeningly beautiful, as if God crafted her himself. As if God went extra time to craft her.

 

The girl, who was clad in a simple, big white, long-sleeved tee and ripped jeans, was plucking her guitar swiftly, gracefully. Wendy was in awe, she is mesmerized by the girl’s skill. Wendy squatted while peeping at the girl, with a smile on her face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter