Let's gather 'round the campfire~

Capture the Alpaca
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol stared at Yixing closely as the older male tended to the fire, sending sparks flying up in the air, dazzling the night sky. Yixing still looked like the same old gentle natured caretaker of the Byun estate. The only thing that was different was the white staff the caretaker was now holding to his side.

A wizard.

Yixing was a wizard. Not just an ordinary wizard, but a light wizard.

Chanyeol had heard his parents talk about light wizards before in his childhood,they were people who dealt with only pure sacred energies in the word and had the ability to heal the sick. They could harness their power to attack and defend, if needed. Yixing had used his power to get rid of that rock monster that attacked Chanyeol.

“Chanyeol?” called out Yixing gently, “Are you listening to what I am saying?”

Chanyeol snapped out of his thoughts and looked over at his friend, who was staring back at him with a puzzled look. Flushing nervously, Chanyeol coughed and twirled his finger into the dark dirt underneath him.

“I’m sorry hyung,” said Chanyeol with an apologetic smile, “what were you saying?”

Yixing smiled in understanding and nodded his head.

“I was saying that this whole thing seems very,” started Yixing, rubbing his hands together while staring at the flames, “strange.”

“I agree,” nodded Chanyeol, scooping up the dirt and playing with it, “Who would take an alpaca?”

“A royal Alpaca.” corrected Yixing

“Doesn’t the king have a whole flock of alpacas though?” wondered Chanyeol, wrinkling his eyebrows in confusion, “I mean, how would he know an alpaca went missing? Doesn’t the king have other important things to do besides worry about one alpaca?”

“He does have a flock and then some,” muttered Yixing, “This alpaca is special from what I heard.”

“But hyung,” argued Chanyeol, chewing on his lower lip as he pondered his thoughts, “Why would he-I mean-, doesn’t executing someone over a little alpaca a bit-, and of all people he wants to kill it has to be Lord Baekhyun, I don’t understand why.”

“The king is very outrageous,” concurred Yixing rubbing his chin thoughtfully, “Lord Baekhyun told me once that the king forbid poultry from the palace, claiming that chicken wasn’t his style.”

“His…” paused Chanyeol staring at his friend incredulous, “‘style’.?”

“Yes,” nodded Yixing, rolling back his shoulders as he continued, “The king has forbid married couples in his sight, and has banished the royal matchmaker.”

“Why?” asked Chanyeol, scrunching his eyebrows,

“Because he refuses to marry and doesn’t like people to showcase their unity in front of him.” answered Yixing with a shrug,

“Okay?” said Chanyeol slowly, “That doesn’t sound-”

“Do you recall what Lord Baekhyun said that day?” asked Yixing suddenly, looking up at the shepherd

“Like it was yesterday,” replied Chanyeol confidently

“It was yesterday dummy,” retorted Yixing, rolling his eyes

“He said that the King had come to ask for his hand in marriage.” continued Yixing,

“So?” shrugged Chanyeol, as he tossed another dry log into the fire

“Think about it Chanyeol,” pressed Yixing

-Flashback-

Chanyeol stumbled up the stairs as he followed the little servant girl who escorted him through the large mansion. Chanyeol tugged on his collar nervously and flatten down his wavy light brown hair that was flyaway now that he had taken off his woolen hat. The shepherd internally groaned when he saw that even the small servant girl leading the way was much cleaner than him, in complexion and appearance. Chanyeol had mud on his boots that he was trailing into the estate, grass stains on his slacks from days laying in the field tending to the flock of sheep he oversees, his dark red shirt was so thin he could feel every breeze that past him and over that thin cotton shirt was a white woolen fleece vest that kept some of the cold and provided a nifty pillow when he had to stay out in the field. Chanyeol caught a glimpse of himself in the reflection of the hallway mirror and saw his face was dirty and he still had dried up mud behind his large ears. He needed a bath, and a hair cut.

The servant squeaked when Chanyeol accidently walked into her, while he was looking at himself, when she came to a halt at the Master bedroom where the door was slightly ajar and there was a sound of rushing water coming from somewhere inside. Chanyeol steadied her and gave her a rushed apology and reached for the door handle, pushing the large oak door open while giving the small girl a grateful smile.

Chanyeol’s eyes widen when he entered the chaotic room. Clothes were thrown everywhere, the vanity table was covered with every cosmetic that even Chanyeol didn’t know what was for what (not that he knew much, he only knew about rogue for ladies lips he saw on upper class ladies of society, and powder that his Lord had a habit of dusting on his face along with a charcoal crayon he liked to draw around his eyes). On a long vanity table was a variety of oils and colorful glass bottles of fragrances making the room smell like a wide range of different scents. The cream colored curtains were thrown open along with all the windows, letting the cool gentle May breeze to flow through. Chanyeol pulled his vest closer to his chest. He had never been inside Lord Byun’s personal bedroom before now. Lord Baekhyun’s bed is exceedingly large (considering Lord Baekhyun is on the short side and rather dainty), and in the center of the extravagant bedroom. The young man made a puzzled face when he noticed that no one was inside the room, although it looked like it was currently inhabited if the large mess was anything to go by. Chanyeol felt a sorry for whoever was going to have to clean the whole room up.

Chanyeol timidly stepped toward the bed, stepping on his tiptoes to look over the large head board. He was startled back when he saw the tangled mess of blankets on the bed began to move. Chanyeol started to fall back to the door when he heard the covers groan loudly and a long tan arm poked out of the white sheets.

Wait, long tan arm? Two words don’t belong in that sentence and in Lord Baekhyun’s bedroom no less!

Chanyeol walked back up to the bed and yanked the sheets away from the the limb and scoffed.

“What are you doing in the master’s bed, Kai!” demanded Chanyeol as he flicked the other’s forehead

“Hey that hurt!” whined Kai as he lazily swung his arms at Chanyeol missing him entirely, “And I was taking a nap in Lord Baekhyun’s bed, with his permission.” he added with a huff before falling back on the bed.

“Do you ever stop napp

Please log in to read the full chapter