Hello Again

Sweet Things Come to Those who Wait

Joshua’s fever thankfully didn’t last long. He was down for only two days before he woke up Friday morning feeling much better. Good enough that he decided he was going to work. Work would make him forget the fact that he was asked out by Jeonghan and Seungcheol. Hopefully, the two men forgot that they had even asked Joshua to go on a date.

Pity that life never worked out how Joshua wanted it to.


“Back from the dead,” Jun teased. He ducked as Joshua threw a handful of flour at him.

“A little fever won’t keep me down,” Joshua said, giving a huffy little sniff. “How was business the last two days? Everything go well?”

Wonwoo nodded, kneading a ball of their ever-popular chocolate bread. “It was the same.” He gave Joshua a teasing smirk, “Just without our horrible boss to breath down our necks.”

“Hey,” Joshua said, acting all offended. “Watch what you say to your horrible boss. Or else I’ll schedule you until closing for the rest of your career here.”

The three of them looked at each other, serious faces on for a few seconds until they all broke down laughing.

“Go-good one,” Jun said, clutching at his apron, the laugh lines forming on his face.

“The rest did something for you humor,” Wonwoo chimed in.

“Says the man with old man jokes,” Joshua threw back, his voice giggly.

“I need more muffins,” Soonyoung said, poking his head in the door. He looked in between them, “Are you guys having fun without me? That’s not fair.” He pouted. Which caused them to laugh even harder.

 It was good to be back with his family.


“Good afternoon,” he singsonged. “What can I get for you today?” Joshua was so happy he didn’t even mind that it was Jeonghan only. He must’ve left Mingyu behind.

Jeonghan smiled back. “I’m glad you’re doing much better.” There was a hint of blush on Jeonghan’s ears, “I missed seeing you.”

Oh. The man seemed genuine. That was something new. Less flirty come ons and more being real. Joshua could handle this. Maybe.

Nodding, Joshua took a piece of their new sample and handed it to Jeonghan. “Thank you. I’m glad to be back as well.” His tail swished lightly.

“Have— “Jeonghan stopped himself. Shoving his hands into his pockets, he bit his lip, in a rather shy move. It contrasted greatly from the Jeonghan that Joshua was used to seeing. “Sorry if this is rude, but have you thought about what I asked last time?”

Joshua opened his mouth to speak but the bell above the door rang, signaling another customer. “Welcome in,” Joshua called out to them, voice dying as he saw who it was. Good god. Why was life doing this to him?

Seungcheol shyly waved at him.

If there was a time to be swallowed up by some large hole, now was the time.


A/N: Bringing this one back. a dumb move since i have more stories to focus on now but i never did make good decisions in my writing