Date me?

Sweet Things Come to Those who Wait

Sweet things come to those who wait ch 4

a/n: I copped out on the ending but I just couldn't deal with this anymore so yea 


The three of them approached the counter: Jeonghan’s face plastered with that stupid flirty, charming smile, Mingyu with his eyes downcast and a light whimpering from his throat, and Seungcheol a grim expression spread over his face, brows knitted.

“Excuse me for a moment. I need to be back in the kitchen prepping for a custom order. I’ll grab someone to serve you.” Joshua flashed them his polite smile before walking away from the counter. He made sure to keep a tight control on his tail lest he let it lash out in anger. Although his ears were raised, the hair one end. He wanted to growl and flash fang but that was very unpolite. Pity.

Stalking back into the kitchen, he nearly slammed the doors open. “Jun,” he hissed, “Go deal with the set of customers who came in just now.” Lips curled up, his sharp teeth glinted in the light, “If I talk to them I might actually rip into one.”

Jun raised his brows. “It’s those customers?”

Joshua nodded his head tightly.

“Got it boss man,” Jun saluted and rinsed off his hands. Pecking Wonwoo’s cheek he whispered to the wolf hybrid, “Simmer him down a bit before he claws someone.”

Wonwoo kissed back and nodded.

Jun skipped out the doors, wondering just who these dudes were to make Joshua so damn angry.

Joshua growled and moved over to take the dough ball Jun was working on. He floured his hands and immediately threw it down on the marble. The slam didn’t make him feel any better.

Wonwoo let him knead the dough aggressively for a few more minutes before venturing to ask. “What’s so bad about the dude who flirted with you? Besides how cheesy it is. He at the least sounds interested and not an ignorant like the other one.”

Huffing, Joshua blew his fringe out of his eyes. “It’s so aggressive. Last time someone aggressively came after me he turned out to be a piece of . Which even if I saw a mile away it still annoyed the out of me.”

Shrugging his wide shoulders, Wonwoo said, “Maybe he’s interested in you and he isn’t a piece of . Besides being a cheesy . Mingyu knows how to pick his friends. Besides the ignorant one.”

Joshua rolled the ball of dough once more before plopping it into the bowl to let it rise. Anymore kneading and he’d kill it. “Maybe. Maybe not. He hasn’t been by a lot anyhow.”

“Probably to test the waters and not to anger you as much. He likely got info off of you from Mingyu. That guy can’t really keep his mouth shut. Or lie very well.” Snorting Wonwoo said, “Watching Mingyu lie is painful as .”

Giving Wonwoo a raised brow he asked, “Are you vouching for that guy now?”

“Nope,” he shook his head. “Just want you to maybe find someone who might be a keeper. He’s handsome at the very least. And makes a lot of money so he’s not after your store.”

“We’ll see,” Joshua muttered.


 Walking to the counter Jun smiled and asked, “So what can I get for you gentlemen today?”

He dismissed Mingyu and eyed the other two guys. One who had rather thick thighs and eyes that were framed by long lashes, but the more Jun stared the more they seemed like cow eyes. Not his thing. A square jaw and a stocky body. He was muscular though so that was a plus.

But was Joshua into muscular men? He seemed to just go for personality and a handsome face. But the boss man did go for personality if it was that good.

The other dude was a looker too. A tad prettier maybe under the right angle. His nose was longer and pointier (?), high cheekbones, and a strong jaw. Less muscular than the first dude but stocky as well in the bottom half.

Well at least the two of them had the muscles to satisfy any future ual urges Joshua would have during his

Jun looked between the two of them trying to discern which one would be more likely to win Joshua’s well barricaded heart. Look wise they were about the same, considering Joshua didn’t put too much stock into looks. It would be down to personality and since one of them ed up by calling him a cat the flirtatious one had the upper hand.

The one with cow eyes and the muscular body looked at Jun a bit leerily. The cheekbones one seemed to figure out why Jun was checking the two of them out. At least he had more of brain. So far.

Scoffing Jun said, “I’m not interested in you. I’m—“

“Scoping us out to see which is the better choice for your boss right?” Mr. Cheekbones said. “You were warned about us weren’t you?”

Jun smiled at him. “You’re a sharp one. Yea, I was. The flirty guy and the idiotic head who called him a cat.”

Mr. Muscles winced.

Turning his head to Mr. Muscles Jun said, “So you’re the head. Yea. You’re not welcome here.”

“It was an accident,” he pleaded, “I want to apologize. I just…”

Jun raised his brows as he trailed off. “You just what? Decided it was ok to call him that? To belittle him?” He moved closer, getting into Mr. Muscles face, “To make fun of a hybrid because you’re human? To make him feel like he’s less than you? What?” He said, practically snarling.

Mr. Muscles stepped back, completely surprised by Jun’s anger. “It was an accident. I didn’t know. I hardly ever come into contact with hybrids. And he was cute all right. It was dumb and I’m here to apologize.”

Mr. Cheekbones snickered off to the side, no doubt happy that he had the upper hand in terms of maybe getting together with Joshua.

Jun stared him down, until he felt a hand touch him and a familiar voice say, “Down Junnie. Let the dumb human live.”

Turning Jun pouted. “But why,” he whined, “no one should get to live after saying that. Mistake or not.”

Wonwoo raised his brow, his tail swishing. “We can’t kill all the humans who say stupid . I’d get killed and you’d be thrown into jail and then what would happen.”

“I’d pine away while in jail and then pine at your grave,” Jun mumbled.

The wolf nodded. “Yes. So no killing.” Wonwoo looked at Mr. Muscles, “Better make it a good apology or I’ll do something that I’ll be able to get away with hybrid or not.” Flashing Mr. Muscles sharp teeth, Wonwoo used his height to intimidate him. He looked over to Mr. Cheekbones, “Being super flirty won’t get you anywhere. Tone it down.”

Mr. Cheekbones nodded. Mr. Muscles looked grim.

“He’s coming out now. I convinced him too. But we’ll be here at the counter. So, watch what you say. I have good hearing,” Wonwoo growled, twitching his wolf ears for good measure. “Now we can take your order Mingyu and yours Mr. Yoon.”

Mr. Cheekbones smiled at them. “Oh, call me Jeonghan. I want to get close to all of you. Just super close to Joshua if he’ll allow it.”

Wonwoo nodded approvingly. “I like that idea. If Joshua will allow it.”

Joshua came out with a tray of newly cooled iced cupcakes. Lips pulled into a thin line he stared at the three customers.

Mingyu gave a small sad wave knowing that Joshua hated his guts right now a bit.

“Let me take that,” Jun said. “I think Mr. Muscles over there wants to apologize to you.”

Jeonghan and Mingyu and Mr. Muscles choked. Wonwoo crinkled his eyes and laughed.

Joshua narrowed his eyes and nodded slowly. “It better be good or you’re banned from the store forever.” He jerked his head to the small hallway that led to the staff lounge. “Let’s go.”


Joshua stood in front of him. “Well what did you want to say?” He could feel his tail moving in angry swishes, this guy better have something good to say or else.

He twisted his hands and shuffled his feet a bit. He was clearly nervous but Joshua could care less.

“I wanted to say I’m sorry for the unnecessary remarks the last week. I didn’t mean it,” he said quietly. Looking up at Joshua he said, “I don’t have experience with hybrids and it was stupid of me.” Biting his lip he added, “You were cute too and I lost my head.”

Ignoring the cute part Joshua sighed. He needed to be more unforgiving with heads. But he sounded genuine. If he said again though Joshua wouldn’t hesitate to cut him. “Fine. I guess. Don’t say like that again.” Waving his hands he said, “Go back to the counter and order your stuff.”

Seungcheol bowed deep. “I am incredibly sorry.” Getting up he added, “Thank you for taking my apology.”

Joshua nodded, waving at him to move. Watching as he walked away Joshua let out a sigh. Back into the kitchen to work off some steam.


“How’d the talk go?” Jeonghan asked, straight away as Seungcheol came back with his plate in hand. He needed to know if he had any competition at all.

“He took my apology. Didn’t look extremely happy but he took it. Hopefully he won’t hold a grudge forever,” Seungcheol said.

Mingyu shook his head. “Joshua hyung holds a good grudge. If he still acts a bit cold to you well you’re still going to be a bit hated.”

Jeonghan snickered. “Well we’ll have to see.” He gave Seungcheol a smirk. Friend or not Jeonghan was too interested in Joshua to give him up.

Seungcheol nodded, stuffing his face with heavenly baked goods.


Joshua came out once again to fill the display case with their best sellers. As he stood up and closed the case he saw Jeonghan come up to the counter. “What can I do for you Jeonghan?”

Flashing Joshua a smile he said, “I’d say something cheesy but I heard that it wouldn’t go over well and I learn my mistakes. I’ll be straight forward. I’d like to take you out on a date. Would you like to go on one with me?”

Joshua stared at Jeonghan and the charming smile and the twinkle in his eyes. Was this guy serious? He thought about it but a few seconds later Seungcheol came barreling towards them.

“Hey,” Seungcheol snapped at Jeonghan, “I wanted to ask him.”

“All’s fair in love and war Cheol,” Jeonghan smirked. “I asked first.”

Seungcheol turned to Joshua, who stepped back confused at the sudden onslaught of handsome men asking for a date. “Let me take you out on a date. Please?”

Wonwoo and Jun poked their eyes out from the kitchen. “Hyung?”

Joshua looked at Jeonghan then turned to Seungcheol. He blinked at them going back and forth. “I…I…” He shook his head.

“I’m very charming and I’ll make sure to respect all your rules,” Jeonghan said, trying to sell himself as the better man.

“I’m more warm,” Seungcheol argued.

Jeonghan elbowed him roughly. “Shut up and let him think.”

Elbowing back Seungcheol growled, “You added extra stuff.”

Joshua felt dizzy. When the hell did his life get so exciting?

Wonwoo came out of the doors. “Hyung?”

“Wonwoo,” Joshua said, “I’m feeling a bit light headed.” He blinked his eyes. This was too much. Too much stress and honestly he didn’t need this right now.

Wonwoo pressed his hand to Joshua’s forehead. “I think you have a fever. Time for you to rest.” He turned to Jeonghan and Seungcheol. “No dates for now. Come back later and ask again. Maybe alone.” He picked Joshua up and carried him down the hall to the stairs that led to the Joshua’s personal floors.

Jeonghan and Seungcheol gaped at how Wonwoo just up and took Joshua away and everything happened so fast and they didn’t even get an answer.

Jun popped out. “Too bad. But Shua hyung comes first. Come back next time. Bye now.” He waved at them with a smile. “If you don’t come back don’t ask him again,” Jun dropped the smile, “not unless you want to die. Bye~”

Mingyu pushed the two of them out of the café. “Do as they say. They don’t mess around when it comes to Joshua hyung.”

The two of them just gaped. Clearly it wasn’t processing. Mingyu shook his head and started back towards the office, leaving them on the street. They’d catch up.


Wonwoo gently laid Joshua down on the bed, pulling up the covers. “Sleep. We’ll get the others in on emergency.”

Joshua nodded. “Too much excitement.”

“I’ll get Jun to make you some soup and we’ll get medicine for you. Looks like you lucked out with having to choose.”

Weakly Joshua laughed. “Yea. Don’t know who I say yes to though.”

“If they come back you’ll have too. But not for now. Get some sleep.” Wonwoo petted his head. “We’ll check up on you later hyung.”

“Ok. Thanks, Wonwoo.” Joshua rolled over on his side as Wonwoo left the floor. Closing his eyes Joshua thanked God that he didn’t have to choose. He honestly had no idea. Snuggling into his pillows he hoped only one of them would come back to make it easier on him.