Chapter 3: Definitely

An Ordinary Love Story

“What the heck are you doing here?” I had to whisper for not to wake my brother, sleeping in the bed in front of mine.

“Come on, come with us. It’s just a ‘night walk’…” Sehun was sitting at the edge of my window.

“It’s late, tomorrow we have to go to school.”

“We’re going to the riverside, we have to get closer to Luhan and Baekhyun.”

“Why are you so interested in that? We are close enough with those two.”

“No, we are not yet that close. Come on.”

 

I had no choice.

But that was definitely not a good idea.

 

We went to the river next to the park behind our condominium. At night, the water in that lake glow like nothing does, even more in winter with the shining snow in the trees. Sehun and Luhan sat down in the edge of the river, together, hugging each other. So cheesy of them.

Meanwhile, I climbed up a tree, the wood scraped my hands until I came to a thick branch on which I sat watching the couple by the lake.

They were definitely cheesy, but it was romantic and a bit cute…

They really loved each other.

 

“Hey…” I slightly jumped on the branch when I heard the whispering from the next branch beside me. That was a good jumpscare.

“Oh boy, don’t do that.” I sighed and looked at the boy. Baekhyun was sitting on a branch almost identical to mine and didn’t even know when he had climbed. “When did you get up here?”

“Almost at the same time as you did.” He slightly smiled and I close my eyes, wanting only to hear his voice. “They look nice together.”

“Yes, they do.”

“I really think Luhan is in love so bad, he doesn’t stop talking about or with Sehun.”

“Yeah, just like Sehun. I won’t believe if he says, someday, that he was not thinking about Luhan.” Opened my eyes and looked at them again. “It’s incredible how Snapchat can make some wonderful things like help people find their love.”

“Not with all the people.”

“Don’t tell me… you.”

“Yes, I tried. Luhan seemed so happy, nothing bothered him. I want to be happy, you know? Find my better half, fall in love, don’t to be apart from her or him… It looks kind of cute and joyful.”

 

My attention went to Baekhyun’s face after he said that. He was smiling, looking at the river, and then I realized that the river was not the brightest thing around. Baekhyun’s smile was definitely the most shining, adorable, cute, precious, beautiful thing I’ve ever seen before.

And I would keep looking at it non-stop forever.

 

I don’t really care if you let me be the one…” I whispered, almost unable to hear my own voice.

“Did you say something?”

“Oh, no. Nothing.”

 

Later on, Sehun and I had to go to my house to get my guitar with us, then went back to the river. Sat down to the edge of the river with Luhan and Baekhyun, and then I prepared myself to start singing and playing the guitar at the same time.

If we’re born again, if we love again

Let’s not do this again

Let’s meet a little less

Let’s hope a little less

Let’s not make many promises

So even if we say goodbye

We can turn away without much pain

Let’s only make light memories that we can throw away

In each other’s hearts

 

Now I know that a love too deep

Brings a sad ending

My love, I’ll pray for your next love

That it won’t be like us, that it’ll be without pain

 

Please, be happier than me.

~Chen & Chanyeol - If We Love Again~

 

“Bro, you deserve a MAMA Award. You’ll be awesome if you follow the way of the music.” Sehun gently pushed my shoulder.

“Yeah, you have so much potential for this.” Luhan added, smiling.

“Thank you, guys, but I don’t think I am as awesome as you think.”

“Yes, you are.”

 

Baekhyun voice made me turn to look at him, then he took a deep breath and started singing as well.

Even if a lot of time passes and we forget each other

Let’s reminisce our past days

If we can say that this was love

Then that’s all we need

 

Now I know that a love too deep

Brings a sad ending

My love, I’ll pray for your next love

That it won’t be like us, that it’ll be without pain

 

Please be happier than me

I hope the sky knows my heart

~Chen & Chanyeol – If We Love Again~

 

I’ve definitely fell in love with Baekhyun already.

There is no doubt about it.

There is no reason for me not doing it.