Chapter 1: Today wasn't the day I expected to be.

An Ordinary Love Story

“Good morning~, it’s a new day and it’s going to be the greatest day ever!” My little brother yelled just right in my ear.

“AH!”

 

Ok, I didn’t mean to fell from my bed.

Jimin, my little brother, was jumping around the whole room, obviously excited. It seemed like if someone gave him a truck filled with chocolate and he ate it before dawn.

I hate this face of my step-brother.

Yes, he’s not my real brother, we don’t even look alike. We’re different in so many ways that I couldn’t tell which things we have in common. And yet, I love him. He is like a little box full of love, joy, and other beautiful things that children have at the age of 10 years.

My mother died ten years ago, when I was 5; I don’t think I remember her name and her face if it were not for the portraits framed in some wall of this house. Three years after that, my dad married a wonderful woman called Yoona, and then we moved to New York (from Korea, our native country). Yoona already had a baby at that time, Jimin was just 1 year old and I cared him like if he was my baby. In my family, we don’t have so many issues; my parents don’t work so late, my brother is in fifth grade –Elementary school’ Senior–, and I’m in eleventh grade –High school’ Junior–.

This day meant “something special” for some people. Like my best friend, Sehun, for example. He met a Chinese-Korean guy via Snapchat who lived in Seoul, they fell in love and now he’s coming from Korea to New York in order to meet and spent their lives together.

 

“Hey, bro, don’t think too much about your schedule. You’re going to be late for first period.” The whisper of my younger brother to my ear made me jump in bed, and outshot to the closet to get properly dressed.

“, Jimin. Why didn’t you tell me that I was going to be late?” I asked him while I dressed my jeans and sneakers.

“It’s not like you ‘were not’ going to be late, you ‘are’ going to be late if you stay here asking me these kind of things.” He remembered with a slight grin in his face.

 

I didn’t gave him more attention, he had what he wanted for this morning: make me feel like a First day’s fool.

I had to run to reach my school at time before they closed the front doors. Sehun laughed out loud in front of my sweaty face, and I was resisting from give him a strong punch in that annoying smile.

 

“Bro, you better get a new alarm clock. Come on, Jimin isn’t doing his best!” Sehun’s jokes always make me show up a little smile.

“Don’t come with that. Where do I get my schedule?”

“The counselor have your schedule. She’s at her office…” The notification sound came out from his phone, and whatever he saw, it made him smile.

A real smile.

 

“Hurry up, we got… fifteen minutes before the bell rings.”

“Ok, ok. Hope we share most of our classes.” I waved my hand and turned around to start walking to the Counselor’s office.

 

When I reached that office, I didn’t have to knock the door. A young boy, maybe a freshman, was leaving the office. He seemed so afraid, lost, like if everything intimidates him.

He really must be a freshman.

His eyes connected with mine. A sparkle shining out of them caught me as if it were a hypnosis practice. A trembling smile when he saw me, waved his head in sign of greeting and walked beside me to the exit.

Woah, that was actually strange.

I entered the room and Sulli gave me the biggest smile she ever had.

As if it were something strange about this new school year.

 

“Chanyeol, sweetie, I’m glad you came. Come, sit down, I’ll print your schedule in no time.”

I didn’t reply her, I didn’t have to. She knew that I was annoyed of another school year, but that I must pass this one for get to the big year.

The Senior Year.

That’s my goal, by now. Reach the Senior Year.

 

“I’m so glad that you could do most of your classes with Sehun and the exchange students from your country.”

“Are there more Korean people? I thought that in our year Sehun and I were the only Koreans.”

“Well, you just saw an exchange student from Korea leaving this room.”

He is Korean? Woah, he seemed more Japanese than anything.

“Anyway, in which classes am I?”

“First period: AP Biology. Second period: Keyboarding 2. Third period: Guitar 1. Fourth period: Algebra 2. Fifth period: US History. Sixth period: Reading. And… Seventh period: Chorus.”

“I didn’t ask for you to put me in Chorus class.”

“Actually, you asked for it, but not in first place. Don’t come and get mad at me, you already saw HOPE last year, you can’t get into it this year too.”

“Aish, well, there’s nothing I can do. I’ll take Chorus class.” I finished my words one second before the bell rang. I had to run to my first class.

 

It was strange to have new exchange students in AP classes, you know, they have to get normal or honors classes before getting into an AP class… Yeah, it was pretty weird.

The teacher, Ms. Fitzgerald, is a great woman who loves anyone who enters this class. With the new students wasn’t any different. She introduced the four new boys, a couple Jongin and Kyungsoo, Sehun’s boyfriend Luhan, and his brother Baekhyun. When I saw Baekhyun my mind went blank, again. Those boy’s eyes make me gone crazy, just with their sparkle I think I’m blushing.

, I’m blushing.

I heard Sehun sweet laugh, not the laugh that gives me when he makes fun of something, no, the laugh when you are excited, embarrassed and happy for something. He really loves Luhan.

About Luhan, he’s a lovely guy, joyful and playful. He made him and his brother to sit in the same lab table as Sehun and I. When he seated in front of Sehun I noticed how his foot rubbed Sehun’s thigh. Ah, these two need to go to a hotel or something.

And then, I returned my eyes in front of me and, for sure, my heart almost blew up. The cute smile of Baekhyun was making me nervous, I couldn’t even speak. He took his binder out of his backpack and took a piece of paper of it. Then, with a pen, he wrote.

 

“Nice to meet you, I’m Baekhyun.” Lending me the pen. Wait, he wanted me to reply?

“I’m Chanyeol. Nice to meet you too.”

“I’m sorry if I bother you but I think my brother and your friend are going to be cheesy the whole week. Can you stay with me and keep me company?”

Woah, that was fast.

“Of course. I don’t want to be next to them when they get so… wet.” When Baekhyun read it he let a grin escape.

“Neither do I. We have the same schedule?”

“I think so.”

“Then it’s going to be great without Luhan and Sehun in Keyboard and Guitar class.”

 

He was pretty amazing.

We spent the whole day together.

And it the first time that I enjoy so much the first day of class.

When school’s over I took the school bus to go to my house. Amazingly, Luhan and baekhyun have the same bus as Sehun and I. Didn’t I mention it? Sehun’s my neighbor. Anyway, when we arrived our stop, I really got surprised as I saw Luhan and Baekhyun in the same condominium. It was getting stranger as we arrived to my house. To the left of it was Sehun’s house, and to the right of it was, from now on, Luhan and Baekhyun’s house.

Great, they’re my neighbors too.

I said goodbye to them, wanting to get into my home, but yells at my back made me turned back.

 

“Bro!”

“Jimin? What are you doing here? It’s early. Are you skipping class? I’ll tell mom.”

“No, no. They told us to go home, school is finishing early today.” He climbed up, on me, slightly laughing.

“Who’s that?” Asked Jimin watching Baekhyun smile at us.

“A new friend.”

 

I didn’t expect a new friend in the first day.

This day didn’t went as I expected.